Field Trip pt 2: Isolation and imprisonment

6 Myths

                “Okay class, as soon as you lift off this bus, I want you to form into your group that I’ve assigned you earlier and go to your respective rooms to settle your things. I already gave the group leaders the room assignments so there won’t be any further hassles.” Ms. Yoo said to her class at the door of the bus before any one of them gets off. “And then after you settle your things, I will wait for you in the function room for your snacks and the activities this afternoon will be done.”

                “Neh” The students all said in chorus. Ms. Yoo nodded and gets off the bus. The other students start to move to take their bags from the bus’ upper compartment. The others started to leave the bus while Hana and Andy wait as soon as the class disperse.

                “Who’s your room leader, Hana?” Andy asks. Hana sighs in dislike.

                “HwaYoung” Hana said in an undertone.

                “You don’t seem to like her...” A voice suddenly speaks inside her mind. Hana looks around to see who was talking but her eyes fell on Andy who just looks at the roof of the bus.

                “Did you just...” HAna speaks and looks at Andy who smiles at her.

                “Apparently, I do not think that you know that we can communicate through telepathy” Andy’s voice said clearly in her mind and Hana’s eyes bulged. “The myths and including you... can communicate through our minds... though you might want to be careful. You might say things in your mind that we can hear”

                “What?” Hana speaks in disbelief.

                “Give it a try, Hana” andy looks at her expectantly. Hana purses her lips and her face contorts in concentration.

                “Uh...Uhm... c-can you hear me?” Hana’s voice speaks in her mind. Andy smiles toothily. Hana blushes, thinking that she did something wrong. “Ugh... I feel stupid”

                “Not really... but yes, I can hear you” Andy’s voice came over. “You really should be careful when you speak your mind out... the other myths can hear it”

                “I see...” Hana nods. “I’ll talk to you later, I better check out our hotel room”

                “Oh... alright” Andy said and runs over to MinWoo.

                Hana watches as the 2 of them walk over DongWan and have some lively chat with him in which Hana couldn’t. Hana feels her heart sunk but little did she know that Eric is suffering somewhere. Hana was about to walk towards HwaYoung when she notices something different. Not far from her are 2 people wearing white hanbok with traditional hats. The 2 of them were looking at her intensely, Hana felt her hair rise. The more she looks at them, the more fearful she felt.

                “Hana” Someone taps her back. Hana turns around to see their teacher, Ms. Yoo.

                “Yes, seongsaengnim?” Hana asks.

                “You should get a move on... HwaYoung and the others are waiting for at the front” Ms. Yoo said.

                “Ah, yes... thank you” HAna said politely and she then bowed. As soon as she was going to the small group by the entrance of their dorm—

                “Hana-ssi” Ms. Yoo called. Hana turns and raises her brows.

                “Yes?” Hana asks.

                “Is there something wrong with you and DongWan?” Ms. Yoo asks out of concern. “It’s kind of bothering me... seeing you guys separated from each other” Hana bit her lip and looks away. She smiled at her teacher.

                “Ah, nothing, Seongsaengnim... we’re fine, he just got a lot of things to do” Hana said and their teacher nods.

                “I see... well if there’s anything you can always approach me” Ms. Yoo smiled and HeeRae smiled back.

                “Neh, Seongsaengnim, thank you!” Hana bows again and went running to HwaYoung.

                Hana felt relieved that at least her teacher is concerned at her. Ms. Yoo has been a concerned teacher to her especially knowing that her family is away. Ms. Yoo has been looking out for Hana and been giving reports to her family. Hana has known her ever since she was little at her school. Now that her teacher talked to her, she felt she freed a few bits of stress.

                She’s here, she’s here!

                Hana stopped walking as she hears the familiar clucking sound again. She heard these sounds back when they were still at school.

                Should we finish her?

                No! Do not touch her!

                Hana turns around to see where or who were talking. Hana then again looks at the side where she saw the 2 weird persons. They were still there... but the thing is... their eyes were nothing but blackness.

                She’s looking at us

                Ah... she must be aware of our presence...

                So... the Myth’s Redeemer knows everything...

                Hana broke into sweats as they smiled at her evilly.

                Dear Redeemer... do not worry, we’re not going to touch you... YET!

                With that a quite strong wind blows against her and the students. For a moment, Hana covers her eyes so that dust won’t affect her vision. By the time she lifts her face, the 2 weird people disappeared. Hana trembled in fear as if there was something’s going to happen. She couldn’t move her feet and the wind seemed to grow stronger and stronger. It felt like something is binding her and body felt frozen. She could already hear everyone is running... but it was blurred. It was until someone grab her by her arm.

                “Yah! What are you still doing here?! Can’t you see its going to rain?!” A familiar voice brought her back to reality. Hana lifts her eyes to him... it was DongWan.

                “DongWan” Hana whispers his name. DongWan looks away and drags her towards the dorm. The students are hurrying to their room assignments while the 2 of them just stand there, quiet. Hana kept on looking at him, but DongWan wasn’t. Hana knows why.

                “Yah... it rained...” A student said distastefully. “But on our way here, it was really sunny.”

                “Yeah, it’s weird though” A male student said. Hana looks at them and then she looks down. DongWan grabs Hana’s things and suddenly starts walking. Hana hurriedly followed him and as they were walking—

                “Hana... can you hear me?” Hana raise her look at DongWan. “The reason why we’re here in MokPo...”

                “What..?” Hana speaks in her mind.

                “Everything is as planned, Hana...” DongWan’s voice came. H

                “Planned?” Hana frowned.

                “Listen to me, Hana... everything we’re going to do tonight is for a reason. You do not need to interfere... we’re going to finish our business ourselves. Just stay put in your room... do not get out” Dongwan’s voice was dead serious.

                “Why?” Hana asks.

                “The reason why we’re here... tonight is the Muse’s claim of right... and at that time, we must at all cost defeat the muse” Hana raise her brows. “We didn’t tell you about this because we cannot afford to lose you. Minwoo will enchant your room so no myth chasers can even get in.”

                “I understand” Hana sighs.

                In no time, the 2 of them reaches the room that Hana was assigned in. Hana knocks the room and HwaYoung opened it and what bugs her more is that DongWan smiles at her like a fool. She rolls her eyes.

                “Oh, good, you’re here Hana” HwaYoung said. “The others went sight seeing around the dorm... you can go too if you want to, but be sure to be at the function hall by 4 pm sharp.” Hana was about to say something when...

                “No, she’s going to stay here” DongWan said and HwaYoung was a bit surprised.

                “Okay, whatever suits you both” HwaYoung said and smiled as she lets DongWan and Hana enter. “Oh yeah, DongWan-geun... you and I need to arrange the seats for today’s activities, we’re needed in the function room as early as now”

                “Okay arasso” DongWan smiled at her and she left. Hana looks at him bitterly and just sits on her bed. “Yah... don’t give me that sour look”

                “Who wouldn’t give you a sour look when I am being imprisoned in this room?” Hana said bluntly. DongWan sighs.

                “Hana... listen to me... this is our only chance. Now that you know your identity, you shouldn’t wander around on your own.” DongWan explained and Hana felt a surge of anger. “I’ve got to go now” DongWan said and left Hana.

                She just lay on her bed, trying to get some sleep. But she couldn’t. She’s been thinking at what just dongWan said about the Muse’s claim. No matter how hana puts it, she knows she heard it somewhere. Hana kept on thinking until she recalled the day she transformed... someone showed before her... and she mention the claim of her rights. HAna frowned... did the muse just gave her a visit that day? If so... how come she didn’t kill her? Should Hana tell this to the other myths?

                She knows she must... the myths doesn’t know about this.

 

...

                “Brother... where’s the ritual to be held?” MinWoo asks DongWan as they were arranging chairs here and there. DongWan looks at every direction, his eyes dilates in the shade of purple.

                “The place is not far from here...” DongWan said quietly.

                “Do you think we can finish her?” MinWoo asks and Andy happens to hear them.

                “Honestly brother... I do not see any possible reasons to succeed” Andy said. “If only we have our brothers”

                “But our eldest currently is weak... our 4th brother is isolating himself from us and out 5th brother is yet to come” DongWan explains and lays out the table cloth.

                “By chance... if not careful, our eldest brother could be put in deep slumber” Andy said sadly.

                “We can still cure him” MinWoo said seriously and places a few plain papers on each sides of the table. “Convince our Winter Prince to cure him like he did to our 5th brother” DongWan scoffs.

                “I talked to him a while ago... he is not even minding our current situation. He’s still eating those desert flowers” DongWan said bitterly.

                “Desert flowers?” Andy asks in curiosity.

                “Yes... he found a temporary remedy for his existence in the human world. He does not want to go back to his realm... he’s still furious” MinWoo said. “That myth is a stubborn git”

                “Then how do we convince him?” Andy asks. MinWoo and DongWan both look at each other and then eyed at Andy with smirks on their faces. “What...”

                “Who said that ‘we’ are going to convince him?” DongWan said slyly.

                “Huh?” Andy looks at them cluelessly. MinWoo places his arm around Andy and chuckles.

                “Ah... my dear youngest brother” MinWoo said smoothly. “We all know that our Winter Prince always listens to his younger brothers and since Wild Beast is not here... you convince him” Andy looked at MinWoo in utter terror.

                “Have you gone mad?!” Andy yelled at him. “I do not want to receive any of our brother’s fury!”

                “Good Job, our little brother... goodluck~” DongWan chuckles slyly and pats Andy’s cheeks.

                “But—but!” Andy has no choice. He just sighs there as he watches his brothers walk away from him.

                Truly, the winter prince cannot deny the requests of his younger brothers... but what worries Andy most is that the request is not for him, but for Eric and he is most sure that the Winter Prince will give him the taste of ice cold blades. Not that he’s going to die, but receiving those blades will take time to heal. Andy scratches his head and just proceeds to walk towards the other table together with the other students who were helping.

                “—really?” the female student asks. Andy didn’t mind what they’re talking about though.

                “Yeah, my uncle works at that zoo and he was surprised to learn that the female Pizzly (cross breed between polar bear and grizzly bear) gave birth a while ago!  They didn’t even know that it was pregnant” The other student said.

                “So what are they going to do with the bear?” The other one asked.

                “Keep it I guess... though it was said that at night they were hearing a human baby’s cry instead of a bear cry” The other student shrugged. Andy frowned at the conversation. It’s not just a rare phenomenon.

                Could it be...?

...

                On a frozen forest, lies a secret lair made of ice. It’s surrounded my mists and sharpt ice shard and one cannot see his way and could tumble upon this shards and die. Inside the ice lair is a throne made of ice crystals that shines as the sun’s ray touches it but it doesn’t met. Sitting on the throne is the Winter Prince... twiddling his fingers on air, creating animated ice birds. He smiles at the sight of his creation, but his smiles falters as he remembers the familiar laughter of a child. Furious, the winter prince swings his hand across, letting the animated ice birds hit the wall and crash in pieces. He’s anger came again...

                He’s alone in this ice lair... for how long, no one knows. He doesn’t want to talk to anybody... though there is always someone who visits him and talks to him. But that someone disappears when he reaches his age limit. The wild beast is his favourite younger brother. But now he’s not around, he’s been sadder.

                It was until... the wind howls inside his lair. The winter Prince feels the wind as it brings news to him, a good news... a very good news indeed. The winter Prince smiles...

                “So... he’s been born”

 

Aimei: Sorry for not updating soon enough xD I was watching Cheerup mr. Kim kekkee
I know I'm a bit late to watch the series but still... xD
The drama series is really good to watch as it involves family bondings.
The series will help you understand truer meaning of family :)