Hope

6 Myths

                “What is it?” DongWan asks softly... the rain kept on pouring that all activities for that day were cancelled. In front of DongWan was HwaYoung, standing meekly still... face flushed with shyness. DongWan stares at her, not knowing what’s in her mind as of now.

                “I...” Hwayoung pursed her lips. “Can we... talk about this in a more secluded area?” DongWan frowned at her request.

                “Of course” DongWan readies himself... trying to comprehend what’s going on. It was then Ms. Yoo steps out as soon as the two of them turns right.

                “Oh—where are you going, kids?” Ms. Yoo asks. HwaYoung smiles at her.

                “DongWan-geun is going to help me sort some things” HwaYoung said confidently. Ms. Yoo stares at DongWan and then at HwaYoung then nodded.

                “Ah, I see... well, do it then. Dinner is in the next hour” Ms. Yoo said and DongWan stares at her.

                “Uh... where are you heading to, songsaeng-nim?” DongWan asks and Ms. Yoo smiles at him.

                “I have to talk to Hana... her father called me this afternoon” Ms. Yoo said and DongWan nodded. “Well... best be off then” HwaYoung and DongWan watches her leave towards the dorm rooms on the second floor.

                “Songsaeng-nim is really kind” HwaYoung said softly.

                “Yeah... I know” DongWan said and the 2 of them walks towards the empty veranda.

...

                “Ughhh!!!” Eric grunts as more arrows hit his way. He crossed his arms to let his every strength cover all the blows.

                “BROTHER!!! WE’RE COMING!!!”  Eric hears Andy’s voice, he’s relieved at that his brothers would come and help him. He only needs to hold on until then.

                The mother pizzly bear is already getting worried; she stood in front of her young preparing for the worse. The myth chasers seemed to increase by numbers and all of them are attacking Eric at the same time. Eric is already bruised, but he still has his stance and he kept on standing still. His body was weakening for some reason... the power of the chasers seemed to grow strong... or is he weakening?

                “No...” Eric grunts in pain. “No... please...” Eric gasps for breath. He looks at his hind to see the mother pizzly bear holding onto her young.

                He has to hold on...

                Some how, Eric needs a way to let those two escape... but how?

                SBAAAAMMM!!!

                Some kind of strong blow thrown Eric back—the mother pizzly bear grunts in concern. The protection dome is now broken... the myths chasers are now closing in... Eric was bruised all over his body. He breathes heavily watching as the myth chasers advance their weapons towards them. Eric growls in frustration as the myth chasers laugh at him. The mother pizzly bear roared at the myth chasers, Eric stands up and spreads his arms again. To protect them... he must give all he got. He will not give up... until every single drop of his strength is consumed.

                He has to hold on...

                It was then... the chasers advance their arrows to him... he knew his end would come way. With shaky breath, Eric closes his eyes... hoping that his brothers would come now... He hears the chasers release their arrow—

                The mother pizzly bear grunts.

                Eric opens his eyes to see that the mother pizzly bear jumped right in front of him. She received all the arrows that were meant for Eric. The mother pizzly bear heavily drops on the ground... Eric widens his eyes in surprise. She was still grunting and ... Eric looks back at his brother... he’s still asleep at the hay stack. Eric gasps shakily as he drops his knees... his hand shakes as he reach out for the mother who still had her eyes open, looking at Eric.

                “No...” Eric gasps. “No... no... no!!!”  The mother pizzly bear moans as if she was crying. She breathes heavily as life was leaving her. Eric emits another silver light hitting all the chasers away.

                SBAAAMMM!!!

                Eric hears some screeches and the sound of metals colliding. Eric raises his head to see his brothers have come and starts fighting off the chasers. Andy spreads his wings and flew in great speed as he attacks each chasers with some kind of bone daggers throwing at each of them. MinWoo summons shadows of the dark and controls them as if they were puppets, all of the shadows fight the chasers. Eric went towards the Pizzly bears’ front and hits his fists on the ground. The ground broke up in circle and a silvery light illuminated, creating a dome covering the mother and the young one.

                “Save... my cub...” Eric hears the moans of the mother pizzly bear. “Do everything you can... save my cub...” Eric looks at the mother... there’s no way they can save her now.

                All chasers were directing their hits on the dome, trying to kill the ones in it, but Eric stand still. He looks at the mother bear trying to stay alive. He felt anger... and glared at the chasers. But he’s worried about his newborn brother as of the moment... what is he going to do? There’s only one way...

                “I call upon you... BROTHER!” Eric used his mind to call.

                Andy and MinWoo looked at each other in surprise as they continue to attack all the chasers in the air and in the ground. Eric felt the sudden drop of temperature and a misty fog appears out of nowhere causing the chasers to stay back and clear the fog. MinWoo and Andy jumped right into the heart of the fog... and they saw a familiar slim figure looking at Eric.

                “What do you want?” The winter prince’s voice asks coldly while Eric glares at him. “If you’re going to ask for forgiveness, do it now I do not wish for my time to waste”

                “I am not going to” Eric said stubbornly as he stands up weakly and went towards the young beast and carried him. “Take him away from here for now...” Eric said in between heavy breaths. The winter prince looks at him, flustered and then at the young beast.

                “Brother, what are you doing?” MinWoo asks.

                “We need to keep our brother safe... and the only one who can take care of him is no other than this idiot” Eric sneers at the angry Prince.

                “How dare you!” The Winter Prince gnarled.

                “Take him” Eric said and gives the young one to the Winter Prince who glared at him. “Do whatever you can to nurture him...” The Prince scoffs.

                “I’ll have him... but he will never come to you as he is under my wing” The prince said stubbornly.

                “Brother! Do not do this!” MinWoo said.

                “I do not care whatever you say! This young one will be under MY wing!” With that, the winter prince disappears at the snap of his finger.

                “Brother, what are you thinking?” Andy asks frustratingly. Eric frowned and looks at the pizzly mother.

                “Your cub is in safe hands now” Eric said softly. The bear lets out a small moan before dropping her head on the ground.

                “Thank you...” The mother pizzly bear said and grunts heavily. Eric just felt her heart made a stop... the myths bows their head at the loss... Andy went towards the bear and touches her forehead. A bluish light formed like a wisp came out of the forehead and rests on Andy’s palm.

                “We will take care of your young” Andy said sadly and the wisp made a small jump and evaporates.

                SBAAAAMMM!!!

                “Uhh guys... we still have company—AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!” All of the chasers were directly hit by the mystic arrows.

....

                On the other hand, Hana stares at the door for a few minutes now. She was holding herself in trying to fight all the emotions she has. She was ventilating... she doesn’t know what she feel—anger? Pain? Humiliation? Jealousy? If only she could remove all those emotions from her, she would. Then... Eric might not be in trouble. Hana touches her chest feeling her heart beat in pain but she wants to stop it.

                “Hana?” Ms. Yoo’s voice came, Hana tried as much as she can to show she’s okay. “Hana... is something wrong?” HAna smiled all her best and faced her teacher.

                “Y-yes. Songsaeng-nim” Hana’s voice gave a slight quiver. Ms. Yoo came in and look at her straight in the eyes.

                “Hana... are you sure you’re alright?” Ms. Yoo asks.

                “Y-yes” HAna said straight “I’m... perfectly fine” she said while trying to calm herself.

                “I see” Ms. Yoo said. “Your father called me a while ago” Hana’s eyes lit up.

                “And..?” Hana looks at her expectantly. Ms. Yoo smiled.

                “He said he’ll visit you next week and take you on a weekend trip” Ms Yoo said, her voice filled with excitement. Hana’s eyes bulged in surprise.

                “Really?” HAna felt her heart swell...

                “Yes” Ms. Yoo said, he called me to tell you this.

                “That’s... that’s great!” Hana said happily. In a moment... she had forgotten her anger towards HwaYoung... her mind is filled of expectations. “I’ll tell DongWan!”

...

                The battle continues on as the myth chasers defend and offend their enemies which continues in increasing their numbers. MinWoo and Andy made another dome of protection this time to protect Eric. Eric on the other hand lays on the ground... already weary of what just happened. He got a direct hit from the chasers and got him down. He’s still alive but barely. All he needs is to go back to his realm to just heal a few of his physical injuries.

                “Damn! We need to get out of here!” MinWoo yelled.

                “I know!!! But how?!” Andy grits his teeth as he continuously hit the chasers.

                “Ah damn it!” MinWoo grits his teeth and taking a few offensive moves towards the chasers. Eric who was laying on the ground opens his eyes. Eric lets out his breath in relief... he felt a different kind of strength coming to him.

                “What’s this...” Eric whispers as the chasers continues to attack them.

                He feels a new kind of energy coming to his chest and flows through his body. He felt warm and refreshed. For the first time in Eric’s lifetime he felt this kind of energy... the type of energy in which he only receive when he’s back to the celestial world with the rest of his brothers. His pale skin glows and it looked lively, his hair grows longer than its usual length, his eyes glints the tint of gold, his fangs grew sharper and longer just like of those foxes.

                “What the...” Andy gasps as he felt a new kind of energy behind him.

                Eric felt his monstrous energy coming back and he grinned baring his large fangs. He spreads his fingers and his nails grew—letting a new flow of energy come out of his body and add the protection around the cave. The myth chasers seemed to be in a shock that they reacted harsh, this time they’re not shooting arrows but performing some kind of ritual to summon a power to subdue a myth. Andy and MinWoo are taking their time killing a chaser to another.

                “That’s right... filthy chasers” Eric flared as he summons some kind of silver fire shooting at them. “You better be calling your muse now”

                With the new kind of power, Eric was able to summon different kinds of offensive powers to kill off the chasers. Andy and MinWoo are both helping him in eradicating the chasers...

                When hope is all gone... there’s always a new one rising.

                Eric felt liek he can grasp the earth in his hands with his power, whatever it is... it must have something to do with Hana. Even MinWoo and Andy are surprised that Eric was able to muster that kind of strength despite of his weakness.

                “Let’s do it!” MinWoo yelled as he summons more dark power together with Andy.

                The 3 of them unleashed a different kind of dark magic and throw it at the chasers. The dark magic blinded the chasers and all of them explode with a puffing sound and smoke is everywhere. The Myths gasps for air, as they were tired of fighting. All of them look at each other and grinned toothily at their achievements.

                “Wow...” MinWoo uttered.

                “I never thought our eldest brother can summon that kind of magic again” Andy smiled at Eric who smiles at the 2 of them.

                “This may have something to do with Hana” Eric said and sighs. “Now let’s go back” Eric said.

                As soon as they made a step...  without a word...Eric drops on the ground...

...

                “Yeah... I like you too” DongWan said and Hwayoung jumps at DongWan and leans for a kiss. Not knowing... Hwana stands before them in a distance... her eyes glued at them.

                Her tears... just rolled down her cheeks...

                “DongWan....” Hana muttered. DongWan let go of HwAyoung and looks at Hana.

                “H-Hana...” 


Aimei: *gasps* Omo... otteoke?

ERIC-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

T-T