The Winter Prince's curse

6 Myths

                “Hana...” DongWan spoke in disbelief—he never thought that Hana would be there. HwaYoung stood still, looking from DongWan to Hana.  Hana starts to ventilate again, her tears continues to fall like there was too much to shed. “Hana... listen...”

                Hana looks up when her eyes suddenly dilates and a strong force hit her internally. Her chest is hurting to the extreme. She couldn’t breathe! It was a different kind of pain, a part of her is seemingly dead while a part of her is barely alive, she drops on the floor, trying to breathe but she couldn’t. DongWan frowned when he too experience another kind of pain. A pain where his body is being torn from something!

                “No... it cannot be...” DongWan muttered then looks at Hwayoung who was looking at them incredulously.

                DongWan gnarled and hits both of his fists on the ground. A different kind of force came from him and it formed like a wave riding throughout the area and throughout the whole world. DongWan releases his breath and looks up to see that he successfully stopped the time. He turned in to his myth form and He looks at HwaYoung... she too was stopped by time and that made him confused.

                 Muses cannot be affected by time and dimension change... how can this be?

                DongWan approaches Hana who was trembling and cold. DongWan touches her forehead—to his opinion she’s not transforming, but rather she’s shredding something off her body. DongWan knows this... every myths can remove a part of their body since they can re-grow them back. But Hana is a human... she cannot shred something off her. That’s when DongWan realizes...

                “No... Eric....”

...

                GASP!

                The Winter Prince kneels on the icy floor as soon as he placed the young beast on a crib he made earlier and filled it with hay he got from the animal reserve. The young one looks at him curiosity as if he was trying to comprehend what’s happening.  The winter prince gasps painfully as if something was removed from him.

                That’s when he realizes...

                Eric must be gone...

                His eyes bulged—

                “Moon Fox...” The winter prince managed to mumble. “What have I done?”

...

                “I’m gonna get you!”

                “Waaaaaahhhh get away!

                “Wait till I get you, I WILL initialize the tickling death!!!”

                “UWAAAA nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh!!!”

                “GOTCHA!!!”

                “Kyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~”

                The Moon fox catches the young ChangJo who was trying to get out of his grip as he starts to tickle her. Sweet giggles fill the open field area in some grassy lands. No humans can be seen around there, only the mystical myth and the little child whose features are different—long red-black hair braided in either side of her head, pale skin, dress made of white and orange silk, her eyes are purple in the right and brown the left side, she has the death crow’s mark on her cheeks—all these made her unique but nevertheless... she has a heart of a child.

                “Gaaahhhh!!! Stop!!!” Little ChangJo said as the Moon Fox stops and looks lovingly at the child.

                “Okay, that’s enough, both of you” The winter prince appears out of thin air and gives a hard look on the Moon Fox. “You, stop harming the child”

                “We’re having a great time, let us be!” The moon Fox grunts as ChangJo stands and hugs the Winter Prince.

                “Mother, I am playing with Dolyeon-nim” ChangJo said cutely. The winter prince glares at the Moon Fox who looks away. He then kneels to the eye level of the child.

                “Firstly... that myth is not a dolyeon-nim—do not call him that! He is a myth, just a myth named Moon Fox” The winter prince is making the child understand and she nods. “Secondly, *sigh* I AM A MALE!” ChangJo looks at the Winter Prince.

                “Oh” ChangJo said. “But you look like a woman” The winter prince’s eye twitch in annoyance. The moon Fox roared in laughter and in a few seconds, the Deceiver emerged from the shadows behind the large rocks.

                “Brothers” The Deceiver called their attentions and the other 2 acknowledges him.

                “Brother, will you be so kindly to take our young ChangJo to take a stroll around the plateau?” The Winter Prince said.

                “As you wish” The Deceiver said and reaches out his hand and takes CahngJo’s hand.

                “Goodbye, Mother!” ChangJo said in a jolly tone in which the Winter Prince slaps his forehead in annoyance. The moon Fox stands and smirks at the Winter Prince.

                “You do look like a woman, dear brother” The moon fox teased and the Winter Prince glared at him. “That dress... makes you even lovelier together with your soft hair locks and feminine features”

                “For the last time, brother... these are robes, not dress! I was BORN under the influence of mercury, that’s why I am this way!” The winter prince gnarled.

                “Whatever, dear brother” The moon fox said and the winter prince scoffs. “But she does seem to see you as her mother”

                “I blame you” The Winter Prince said. “If you had not erased all her memories then she’d remember her real mother” The Moon fox sighs and looks at the endless skies.

                “It’s better this way, my brother. She must be withdrawn from us for we need her; she needs us as well I do not see any problem with that. There is the fact she looks up on you because you look out for her needs” The moon Fox said. “She’s still a human and I know you are fond of taking someone in your care that is why you took her under your wing”

                “That’s true... but if she gets harmed because of not telling her the truth, I will blame you” The Winter Prince said. “And I will never forgive you”

                “Blame me if you must, dear brother... but I know you will blame yourself more”

...

                The winter prince stands up and looks at the young one who is looking curiously at him. He smile a bit and lifts the young human-cub.

                “It is a good thing you are a myth... or else you’d be frozen to death” The Winter Prince said and the young beast just grunted. “Are you hungry?”

                The young beast looks at him meaningfully, the winter Prince understands it. He then went out of his lair and glides through the ice path he made. The young beast stares in wonder as mists appear the time they glide through an icy forest—that means the live forest which were frozen. Of course... all living things are frozen as well. Soon enough, they reach an open plateau and there were sever wild beasts roaming around to find either food or drink water from the river. The Winter Prince went to go near some bear in the distance who were trying to catch fish from the river but then... some parts of the river were frozen. The bears stare at the approaching myth that they stopped doing all activities and went to a running spree away from him.

                “No! Wait!!!” The Winter Prince called them and sighs heavily. He looks down to the young beast. “Looks like you have to approach them yourself...” 

                The young beast grunts and was put down. In a while, the young beast approaches the bunch of bears and made some kind of intimate action. The bears seemed to understand and feeds feeds him. The winter prince sighs sadly and looks at his palm and some icy sparks appear. He never had this kind of power before... the power to turn everything into ice that never melts. This is his curse... no one can break this.

                The time ChangJo died and Venus was furious; gave each myth a curse. Apart from eating human flesh, was another curse. The Winter Prince cannot touch a living thing or might kill it accidentally. This is what made him colder than the strongest of storms out there. He can never embrace... the winter prince can never share warmth... the hand that used to cure illness now kills. He has no hope of getting cured... no one can lift this curse and because of that, he isolates himself from everything. The only thing that keeps him sane is the lone desert flower he eating every other month.

                The desert flower... in which ChangJo used to give him.

...

                “Uhnnn...” Hana moans as a sign of coming to consciousness. In a while, Hana opens her eyes.

                “Hana?” Hana recognizes the voice as Andy, she looks at him feeling a bit disoriented.

                “What... what happened?” Hana asks when she suddenly feels a jolt on her chest. “Aack!” Hana clasps her chest.

                “Are you alright?!” Andy grasps her hand, worried.

                “Andy..?” Hana looks at him, he’s in his human form but... she doesn’t recognize where she is. It seemed like they were in some old wooden cabin. “Where am I?”

                “You’re awake” MinWoo comes in with his myth form carrying a tray containing a bowl and a glass of water.

                “You’re in our hideout, where we used to hide decades ago” Andy said. Hana frowned.

                “Why am I here?” Hana asks when she remembers what happened before she lost all her consciousness. She looks to her side and she couldn’t believe her sight.

                Eric was laid on the other bed, unconscious. He breathes but his eyes are all closed. There are some sort of magical things roaming around his body and glowing aura covering his vicinity. He is in his myth form, but he only has one tail. Hana stands up and quickly approaches him when Andy prevented.

                “No, don’t touch him... the aura will kill you the moment you enter that vicinity” Andy said severely.

                “What happened to him?” HAna asks, dreading the answer.

                “He’s... he’s put to sleep” MinWoo said sadly.

                “What...” Hana gasps, her eyes filled with tears.

                “I’m sorry to tell you this, Hana... but it seemed like this is the end for us” Andy said carefully. “But we will protect you... in every length we can”

                “No... this is my fault” Hana kneels and buries her face on her hands. “I’m so sorry..!”

                “Hana... please don’t cry...” Andy said. “Your connection with Eric is still there, you might die if grief consumes you”

                “Isn’t there a way..?” HAna asks, her eyes reproaching Andy’s and MinWoo’s.

                “There is... but I don’t think it will be a help to us” This time DongWan appears. Hana stares at him and looks away. “Only the winter prince can cure him”

                “DongWan” glares at him. “The Winter Prince cannot cure anyone anymore”