Of Deception and Illusions

6 Myths

                “Mmmm...nnnhhh”

                “Hana... hana...”

                “hnnnn...”

                “Hana, wake up”

                The voice stirred Hana to open her eyes... but then all Hana see was the darks sky. Hanaslowly regains her senses and sat up. She looks around to see she was in some field... but it was as though the dark covered the place. Only the dim light of the moon illuminates her area. She slowly stands up when the fog crawls in and gave her shivers. She looks around again for someone at least. She doesn’t know how she get there, but one thing’s for sure... MinWoo took her into some different kind of place.

                Hana decided to take a move on rather than to stay in one place and as she places her foot forth, her surroundings changed. She it seemed that she stepped into a large room... and by the looks of it, it seemed she stepped inside a palace’s room complete with large stone pillars and a red carpet leading to a throne. She took another step and the torches lit up, giving her the exact view of where she is right now. In front of her, the throne... someone is there.

                “Step forth, Hana” A voice said from the throne area. Hana focuses her sight on the person... he’s wearing a dark cloak, fitting black clothes, leather gloves and studded leather boots. His skin was pale, his face was hidden under the cloaks’ hood, but his eyes are shining blood red.

                “MinWoo” Hana claimed. The person on the throne claps his hand in delight and laughs.

                “Hana, that is my human name” MinWoo said. “But I think you know who I am really”

                “The deceiver” Hana said.

                “That’s right... I am the deceiver... the ruler of the shadows, master of illusions, shape shifter... anything they call me is correct” MinWoo said and his eyes shone in a glint of red.

                “Where am I? TAKE ME BACK!” Hana yells at him bravely, but she still feels scared. MinWoo gave a chuckle.

                “You are...” MinWoo raises his hands and suddenly, everything around them dissolves and another scenery appears. They were not on top of a green hill in some mountain areas. Beneath the hill was a Hanok (Traditional Korean Houses) Village. And surrounding these mountains were not blue sky and puffy clouds but instead, there’s some surge of shadows around. “You are in my world... my realm” MinWoo said. Hana coul see the smirk on his face.

                “Why did you bring me here?” Hana said when MinWoo stands from his throne. The latter gave her his charming smile and walks towards her. Hana felt her heart racing in fear... the same fear she felt the first time she met Moon Fox or Eric.

                “Hana... you are scared” MinWoo said and walks closer to her. Hana took a step back and it made MinWoo even more delighted. “I like that” He said.

                “What” Hana looks at him incredulously.

                “I like it when you’re scared” MinWoo said and smiles at her gently. “You’re feeding me” Hana gave a shaky gasp.

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about” Hana said, looking sideways for a way to run.

                “Fear... it feeds me” MinWoo said. “That’s why staying in the mortal world is satisfying... humans are easily scared.”

                With that, Hana dashes to her right and continuously running. MinWoo let her escape, he’s calmly looking at Hana running away. He feels even stronger than before... feeling the fear out of Hana. He smirks and raises his hands letting dark particle rise from them. Hana kept on running, but she’s not stable... everything around her starts moving and changing. She looks back to see MinWoo with a crazed smile on his face.

                “You can run, Hana... BUT YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE!!!”

...

 

                Eric sits calmly on Hana’s bed, facing the window. It was already sundown... the time when Hana told him she’d go home. But where is Hana indeed? Eric pouted a bit... he is already hungry. He couldn’t eat the jajjangmyun because there was no hot water. He’s waiting for Hana to make it. Eric smirks at how he drove that human here and there when in fact... she could just drive him away if she knows how. He couldn’t understand why the Traveller didn’t tell her anything nor reveal his own appearance to her. If that happens, everything will be done years ago.

                He sighs at the Traveller’s actions. He is too humane for a myth like him... that’s why he thought he has to do something about it. Eric appeared before Hana for a reason and that’s her heart. He needs it... but the Traveller won’t let him have it because Hana will die. Why would the traveller care so much for a mere human? And Hana... why didn’t she send him away when he’s in his weakness?

                Eric was about to close his eyes when he felt his tail move warily. He shoots his eyes open when he saw that the time stopped. He looks outside to see everything stopped moving. His narrows and he felt wings flutter before him. The traveller is in front of him.

                “Brother” The traveller said, Eric looks at him heavily.

                “You told that human about my tail” Eric said though dangerously. The traveller didn’t answer him. “What brings you here dear brother”

                “He took her” The traveller said. “I don’t know where she is”

                “What do you mean...” Eric asks in disbelief.

                “Brother... the deceiver took her... I don’t know where they are” The traveller said and Eric went to lay on Hana’s bed.

                “So?” Eric asks.

                “You can trace any of our brother’s where abouts... you traced mine in the first place...Tell me where is the deceiver’s location” The traveller asks in a pleading tone.

                “Why” Eric asks.

                “I need to save her” DongWan said. Eric scoffs.

                “Why do you treasure that human so much?” Eric asks.

                Teh traveller lowers his gaze and then turns around to see a photo frame of her and DongWan’s. He grabs it and gave it to Eric. In the picture were the 2 of them... at the age of 10. Eric looks at it carefully and then he looks at The Traveller.

                “I will tell you their location and I won’t help you getting her out there but why are you doing this?”

...

                Hana kept on running, but wherever she goes... she stops at dead ends. She kept on running and running hearing MinWoo’s voices echoes throughout the places. He’s calling her... and it drives her crazy. She becomes frantic whenever she stops at dead ends... How did she get here? Where is she anyway? Hana doesn’t know what to do but to keep on running.

                “Hana...”

                 A distant voice calls her. It was MinWoo’s voice again. It keeps on echoing in her head as though it was planting fear inside her. Her heart kept on pounding heavily against her chest. She was getting tired and all she sees are endless houses and roads. How can she get out of this place?

                “Hana... come on...” MinWoo’s voice echoes again but it was drawing near. Hana’s legs were giving up but she can’t stop now!

                “WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!” Hana yells furiously as she kept on running. But then... she stops at the dead end again and by the time she turns around, MinWoo is already a few inches from her face which causes her to fall on the ground.

                “Hana... there’s no way out” minWoo said with the gentle smile. Hana gasps for air, glaring at MinWoo.

                “What... do... you want... from me?” HAna gasps feeling the beads of sweat trickling down her forehead. MinWoo sighs at her.

                “This realm... I can turn this into the paradise you want” MinWoo said and by the time he raises his hands, light shone everywhere. It blinded Hana before she could take in what just happened. When she slowly opens her eyes, it was paradise...

                It seemed that she’s transferred in to the most beautiful place. Her horizon is breath taking... she’s in some grassy highlands, there were hundreds of different flowers beneath her. There’s a stream not too far from her. Of course there were a few critter and animals... It’s a relaxing place and it seemed too real. Hana looks around the grassy sods, feeling the fresh and gentle wind blow against her face. She couldn’t help but to admire the scene of nature around her. She felt her heart lifted.

                She went towards the stream and looks at the clear water. She could see her reflection... but it was not just her reflection. There was also MinWoo standing beside her. HAna turns around to see MinWoo in his student uniform. He smiles at her gently.

                “This can stay as is the way you want it” MinWoo said gently. For a moment, Hana felt something light in her chest... She couldn’t understand but to think that MinWoo is really harmless.

                “Why are you doing this?” Hana asks him. MinWoo steps closer to her, but this time Hana didn’t feel alarmed.

                “I want you to be the queen of this realm” MinWoo said seriously. Hana stops abruptly and stares at MinWoo in disbelief.

                “What?” Hana asks.

                “I can give you anything you want... if you agree... anything” MinWoo said and he snaps his fingers.

                 Hana watches as her cloths changes into the most luxurious garments she’s ever seen. Then her scenery changes into a ball room. There are a lot of people in their dresses and suits dancing beneath the crystal chandelier. It was as though she’s inside a palace with a feast going on. There’s a band and tables filled with food. She looks at the mirror beside her and minWoo was beside her. With a snap of a finger, her facial feature changes. Her pimples were gone, her eyes became double lidded, her lips became red and her face is glowing. Hana stares at the reflection which hurt her a bit.

                I can never be this beautiful...

                “But you can...” MinWoo said. “If you stay here, you’ll always be beautiful... in here, no one can hurt you, no one can step on you, no one is higher than you. You the perfect person in this realm and everyone looks up on you” By MinWoo’s words, the people in the gathering stops dancing and stares at Hana with awe.

                “I...” To Hana, it was very tempting. She never knew of a place like this...

                “And one thing...” MinWoo said and beckoned someone to come out. Hana looks to where MinWoo was looking, it was DongWan in a nice suit came.

                “Hi Hana” DongWan said with a smile. “If you stay... I’ll be forever with you...” Hana’s heart lifted in glee.

                It was like a dream come true for her. All she wants is given to her, everything is perfect. Too perfect.


AiMei: :o so... will Hana stay?
If MinWoo asked you the same thing... will you stay?
Me...? welll hehehhe yup ^^
What do you think is DongWan's answer to Eric? O.o
check this out!!!



@tokki24: Hehehehhe find that out~
@jellybearred: Yeap you're right.... that is really random kekekekkeke xD
@ruru2kay: Yeap that is in the story :)
@andy_dyan: Possibly! You're close to the answer~~~
Hehehhehe you'll know hte answers in a few chappies~~~