The Prince's Touch

6 Myths

                Hana hears a cry from a distance. She steps up and looks around her. All of the myths were fast asleep… though it’s said that they don’t need sleep, but they seem wearier than before. Maybe it’s because that Eric is... well, not awake. Hana simply imagines that Eric is just asleep, death as a word could never be the suited word for this situation. Hana doesn’t want to sleep... somehow, sleep itself evade her. She walks towards the window and looks out.

                It was night time and she’s sure that everyone in the city is sleeping…

                Wait… what happened in the field trip?

                She wonders.

                She looks behind her to see that the myths are still sleeping: Andy on the floor, MinWoo on the table and DongWan sits on the chair in front of Eric with his head drooped forth. Deep inside her, all hope has gone. She doesn’t know why her heart feels as if he’s never going to come back again… maybe… all of them feels the same way.

                Myths…  why are they so complicated? Why can’t they just help each other?

                Why are they being so hard headed?

                Why… are they being selfish and egoistic?

                It struck to her that… it could be that the traits are the same as humans. Myths are not supposed act as humans… could it be the world has influenced them already? According to the book, myths are nothing but creatures that brings death to the world to cleanse. They are immortal yet they have felt death. They follow instincts, yet they seem to reconsider. They act their deeds yet… they cared. If they do not care, why would even Eric stay with her and didn’t eat her to get her heart? Why would MinWoo warn her with everything? Why would Andy become sad if people die?

                Could it be… that they could be human too?

                Hana’s heart gave a tug and at the same time, she hears Eric groans. Hana turns to Eric and observes him carefully; he must have felt that jolt… DongWan told her that she shreds Eric out of her, but how come Eric felt that tug?

                There must still be a connection between them… but the question is, can this connection revive him?

                Hana snaps out of her reverie when she hears another howl. Her heart beats rapidly. She stares out the window to hear the howl getting louder, she closes her eyes… and hears the howl again. She kept on listening…

                And listening…

                The howl keeps getting louder…

                And louder…

                It stopped.

                Hana opens her eyes… to her surprise; she’s not in the cabin anymore. The temperature suddenly drops that send shivers down her spine. She doesn’t know where she is nor does she know how the heck she came to be there. Her surroundings somehow looks like she’s on a mountain top, but everything is covered in ice. She noticed that there’s a trail that leads upfront. She looks forth to see some sort of crystal cave.

                Due to the cold, she hurriedly made her way towards the cave though it seemed to be impossible to get warmth in there… the cave clearly made out of ice. She went inside, but... it’s not what she expected. It was quite warm inside. She looks further in, and sees a light shining at the farthest end. She doesn’t know what’s in there or what’s waiting for her inside. She treads on. As of now, her senses tells her to go deeper inside. As if... someone is urging her to get inside.

                She went further on until she reaches the source of the light. As soon as she steps in, the warmth of the icy atmosphere greets her senses. Inside were illuminating ice crystals, shone like as if it’s on fire. On the ceilings were also ice crystal shards in which only the tips of the shards were lit. Across was a throne chair on top of sharp ice shards. The throne is decorated with intricate icy design with mists surrounding it.  

                The mist is somewhat familiar... It’s blue-grayish reminds her the same mists ding Eric’s body. But Eric’s mists were in light shade of orange and violet.

                What could these mists mean?

                *Cackles*

                Hana quickly turns her attention to the side and saw a baby standing inside what looks like a crib made of ice. She was surprised to see that the baby’s forearms and legs are covered with white and brown fur. He was standing... looking at her, smiling gummily. Hana went towards the child and looks at him in the eyes.

                The child’s eyes are different. It’s somewhat similar to hunting animals but their colours were in deep brown and orange.

                “Why are you here? Aren’t you cold?” Hana notes that the baby is even wearing anything. The baby carefully observes her as she carefully draws near. He felt uncomfortable. It’s at that moment , before Hana’s eyes—he turned into a small bear, gnarling at her. Hana’s eyes widens as she realizes who the baby could be.

                The cub, groans in fear and threat.

                “You’re JunJin... aren’t you?” Hana asks and the cub shuts up. The cub looks at her in curiosity, wondering how she knew his name. Hana goes closer to the observing baby... the baby just giggles as Hana’s hand reaches for him.

                *bite*

                “OW!” Hana exclaimed when the cub bit her hand when it reached to his eye level. “Why did you bit me?” Hana frowned. The cub grins, showing the tiny teeth on his gums. Blood didn’t ooze from her hand... and immediately turns purple.

                The cub groans and cowers. Hana felt a wave of coldness...

                “Who are you...” An unknown soft spoken voice sounded behind her.

                She immediately turns around.

                Before her... is someone of immense beauty... His hair is somewhat bluish in coulour, pale-milky white skin, small-straight nose, thin lips, and his dark blue eyes were semi hidden behind the soft  strands of his fringe. His garments were similar to that of silk and the light reflects the beauty of the robes. Hana had never seen someone that’s beautiful as he is... Contrary to Eric’s Masculinity, the myth in front of her has all the femininity that even she doesn’t have.

                The Winter Prince stares at her eyes...

                The traveller’s eyes

                He though to his own. He looks at her aura to see that it is somewhat similar to ChangJo’s. The winter prince gapes his mouth as he trembles in joy and pain.

                “Changjo...?” His voice falters as he mentions her name. He couldn’t believe... after all these centuries... there she stands before him.

                Hana couldn’t move... she couldn’t tell him she’s not Changjo. The looks on his eyes tells her that he’s been longing for a very long time. The winter Prince kept on looking at her eyes... the eyes that a myth gave her. The Winter Prince raises his hand and reaches for Hana’s face... Hana could feel the icy cold aura emerging from his hand. She became scared. He lets his hand brush against the smoothness of her cheeks... she closes her eyes in fear to get frozen.

                But she didn’t feel anything the moment the winter prince’s hand grazes her cheeks. The winter prince runs his thumbs, tracing the warmth of her face. Hana opens her eyes to meet his... what surprises her is his blue eyes turns brownish in colour.

                “Changjo... it’s been a while” HE said casually, smiling at her. Hana couldn’t speak, too shocked to do so.

                “Let her go” A voice suddenly echo causing the Winter Prince to get back from his reverie. His brown eyes turned blue again and suddenly, his hand froze.

                “Ah!” Hana recoiled at the frost bite on her face. The winter prince turns to Hana and wanted to help her.

                “I’m sorry!” The winter Prince exclaimed when MinWoo covers Hana from the Winter Prince. MinWoo, with the sorry expression looks at the winter prince.

                “You might kill her if you touch her” minWoo said sadly. The winter prince looks at him then at Hana.

                “But... it was alright when I touched her face” The Winter Prince cried, looking at Hana for help.

                “She’s going to die here, brother” This time, DongWan steps in.

                “Please don’t take Changjo away from me” The voice crushed Hana’s heart. Hearing him plead made her want to stay. The look of desperation was set on his eyes.

                “But I am not changjo...” Hana’s quivering voice hovers and he looks at her.

                “What...” The Winter Prince looks at her.

                “I am not ChangJo...” Hana repeated. He looks at her in disbelief as if she had betrayed him. He turns his back away from them.

                “Go... never return” The Winter Prince said coldly. Hana frowned. MinWoo takes her by hand away from the winter prince.  She looks at him as he helplessly went to his throne and sits on it with his head buried on his arms. Hana let go of MinWoo.

                “Hana!” DongWan exclaimed as Hana went at the step of the Winter Prince’s throne.

                “Can you help Eric?” Hana plead. The winter prince raises his and showed a cold expression on his face, his eyes were lifeless as if he was looking for her instant death.

                “I will never help him” The Winter Prince gnarls.

                “He is your brother” Hana pleads. “If you can, please wake him up!” In a split of a moment, the Winter Prince was in front of Hana, his sharp claws near her neck, not making any contact. Hana gasps in horror, she could feel the cold painful breeze against her face.

                “He is the reason... ChangJo died” The Winter Prince gnarled. MinWoo and DongWan is alarmed to the point they’re advancing to attack their brother. The Winter Prince threw some icy shards at them, causing the two of them to fall back.

                “Arrrgh!” They gasped as some of the shards hit them.

                But Hana won’t give up.

                “If he dies, then you’ll die too!” Hana gasps as she feels becoming numb.

                “So be it” The winter prince said coldly.

                “Brother... let go of her” This time, Andy came and looks at the Winter Prince. At the plea of the youngest, the Winter Prince draws back his hand and went to his throne. Andy went towards Hana who has drop on her knees because of terror.

                “Get her out of here” The Winter Prince muttered. “Get out... Get out... Get out...” His voice becomes louder and louder. “GET OUT!!!” He screams cause the icy shard on the ceiling to fall. Andy grabs Hana under his wings and scram out of the place. MinWoo and DongWan escapes too.

                Soon, with DongWan’s portal, all of them reached the cabin. Eric’s laying figure greets Hana’s eyes and she then looks at the other myths. All of them seemed disappointed and upset. DongWan in particular is in rage.

                “I know you want to help Eric, but you should have never provoke the winter prince!” DongWan yelled. Hana frowned at him.

                “I pleaded! I ask for his help!” Hana yelled back. DongWan scoffs. “Please, we have to talk to him, he can save Eric!”

                “No!!!” DongWan yelled. “Meeting him nearly caused you your life, what made you think he’ll give in to your request?!”

                Hana clasps her lips close as she recall the warmth of the winter prince’s hand across her face.

                “Please Hana... for your own good. Never ever make another contact with him” DongWan said and opens another portal.

                “I know... the winter prince can save him...” Hana whispers.