The Deceiver

6 Myths

                “Hana~ Hana-yah~” DongWan calls Hana as he enters her house the next day. He looks around to see that everything is sparkling clean. DongWan purses his lips as he continues to look around for Hana when he hears some noise in the kitchen.

                “...stay there!” Hana’s voice said. DongWan frowns and enters the kitchen to find Hana in her uniform and packing lunch.

                “Hana?” DongWan calls her and Hana gave him a nervous smile.

                “D-DongWan! You’re here!” Hana said brightly.

                “You alright?” DongWan asks. The truth is... Hana shoved Eric inside one of the Kitchen counter cabinet the time she hears DongWan coming in.

                “I’m fine! I’m fine!” Hana said in a high-pitch tone and prepares all the necessary containers.

                “Hana, why do you pack for lunch? We can always buy at the cafeteria” DongWan said.

                “Well... I think I can save more this way, besides... I can improve my cooking” Hana said, not looking at DongWan.

                BADUMP!

                The kitchen counter closet made some noise. DongWan looks at Hana who kicks the door annoyingly. Hana then turns to DongWan and smiles awkwardly.

                “Ehehehehe... rats... huge rats” Hana said.

                “You should call for pest control” DongWan said seriously.

                “I’ll... I’ll be ready in a minute” Hana said and DongWan nods.

                “I’ll wait for you outside” DongWan said and Hana waits until DongWan is out of sight. She immediately opens the closet and Eric slumps out in his floral night gown. He glares at HAna in the most displeased way, but HAna has no choice. If DongWan finds out there’s a man wearing her night gown, he’d either call her parents or the police considering the fact that it was a stranger.

                “HUMAN!!! HOW DARE YOU PUSH ME INSIDE THE DARK CORRIDOR OF ROTTEN STENCH!!!” Human growled and his hands were balled in fists.

                “I’m sorry, alright?!” Hana said. “You see, I can’t let DongWan see you!”  Eric narrows hi eyes.

                “Your friend seems to know about me!” Eric said, Hana rolls her eyes.

                “It must be because of the recent report he made” Hana said. “Now be a good boy until I return at sun down, okay? If ever you get hungry, there’s more jajjangmyun on the closet. I already taught you how to fill them... but DON’T EAT THEM ALL!!!” Hana growled even more. Eric scoffs at her.

                “Why are you feeding me worms?!  Last night I just ate them because I am hungry! I DO NOT LIKE EATING WORMS!!!” Eric growled and Hana has her ruler.

                “You will eat what we only have!” Hana yelled at him that made him cower. Eric gave her a pained look.

                “Why must I eat these things?!” Eric complained and Hana glares at him.

                “Yah... you should be grateful I’m feeding you!” Hana said and he just turns his face away. “Aiiissshhh, ungrateful fox... I have to go now, see you”

                “Shooo~” Eric said with a very manly demeanour, but Hana chuckles as this manliness is covered by the floral night gown. Hana should get him new set of clothes soon.

...

                Arriving at the classroom, DongWan and HAna settled on their seats. Since one table is shared by two, DongWan shares a seat with Hana. But then as the two of them comes to the classroom, girls would throw Hana some disgusted looks while the boys smirk at them. Hana didn’t mind though, as long as DongWan protects her from them. They’re a bit early thanks to Eric’s consistent nagging for his hunger. Usually, Hana and DongWan show up either a few minutes before class or just in time.

                “Yah, Hana... have you heard?” DongWan told Hana who was taking out her notebook for their literary subject.

                “Hmm” Mwoh?” Hana asks.

                “They said there’s a new transferee student” DongWan said.

                “Really?” Hana said in disbelief. “Girl?”

                “I don’t know” DongWan shrugs. Just then, Lee HwaYoung made her entrance. The other students watches as she enters with gleaming aura and made the boys swoon... including DongWan. Hana rolls her eyes at him. “Waaahhh~~~ she’s a goddess”

                “Yeah right” Hana said just then Lee HwaYoung went in front of them.

                “DongWan-geun” HwaYoung speaks in a really soft manner. “I’m really sorry about the other day... I hope you understand my cousin visited me from States, that’s why I cannot meet you” DongWan smiles widely that made his eyes wrinkle a bit, Hana tries to not mind them.

                “Ahhaha~ I understand, Don’t worry” DongWan said in his most charming tone.

                “Uhm, Yoo Seongsaeng-nim asks us both to the office, she said that both of us are chosen to become team leaders for next week’s field trip” Hwayoung said with a smile.

                “Jinjja?!” DongWan’s eyes are dancing in bliss. He immediately stands up and leaves with HwaYoung, leaving Hana who was about to take her notebook out when someone yanks it from her hand.

                “Oooops... my bad” A female classmate said, Hana just looks at her and the latter just gave a smirk. Hana smirks too.

                “Nah, it’s cool, I understand if people are blind” Hana said that gets a few whistles from the boys. The girl is Song Yena, DongWan’s ex and she always find away to look for a quiet time with Hana.

                “Tss, if you’re not so blind” Yena takes Hana’s glass and ‘accidentally’ drops it and she steps on it. “You shouldn’t even need that” Hana smiles at her sarcastically and stands up.

                “I have news for you, Yena... I don’t” Hana said. “But, I have to charge you for breaking a property of mine”

                “Oooooooooooooohhh” Goes the classmates.

                “Okay class, settle down, settle down” Mrs. Yoo said as she comes in with a new student. Yena turns to face Hana.

                “You’re lucky the teacher’s here... wench” Yena steps away from her seat. Hana rolls her eyes until she looks upfront. Her eyes widen as she sees the new student.

                “Okay class, let me introduce to your next classmate, a transferee from Jeollanam-do. Lee-geun, please introduce yourself” Mrs. Yoo said. The guy bows and the girls giggle at his sight.

                “Anyeong Haseo, Lee MinWoo imnida, I’m from Mokpo, Jeolla region.” MinWoo said and his eyes lays on Hana.

                “Oh, you’re from MokPo?” Mrs. Yoo said smiling. “We’re going there on our field trip!”

                “Ah, I heard of it” MinWoo said charmingly. Mrs Yoo gave him an appreciative smile.

                “I guess you can be our guide then” Mrs Yoo said “Please choose a seat” There were a few vacant chairs at the back, some girls even call him to sit beside them but MinWoo stops in front of Hana.

                “Is this seat taken?” He asks that made all the girls groan.

                “N-neh” Hana said and DongWan and HwaYoung came in carrying a few brochures. DongWan spots MinWoo and immediately went to his seat.

                “This seat is taken” DongWan said immediately. Hana watches as DongWan and MinWoo made eye contact with each other. It was the first time she sees DongWan giving another male a serious look... DongWan is just casual with everyone, he’s not that hard. He’s only showing his true self to Hana. MinWoo on the other hand didn’t have this charming look on his face, but rather a sceptical look.

                “Was it you?” MinWoo asks seriously. “Did you touch it?”

                “No” DongWan said seriously. MinWoo smiles at him and then winks at Hana before looking at dongWan’s pissed face. As DongWan sits, Hana notices the worry on DongWan’s face.

                “Is everything alright? Do you know him?” Hana asks.

                “Hana... no matter what happen I don’t want you to trust him” DongWan said seriously, though not looking at Hana’s face.

                “Why? What’s wrong?” Hana asks as she looks back to see MinWoo smiling at her.

                “I’m telling you, don’t trust him” DongWan said seriously. “Even the kindest smiles can kill anyone”

                Hana blinks her eyes a few times... trying to comprehend the warning DongWan gave her. Why would DongWan warn her something like that? Does he know MinWoo personally? For Hana’s judgment... MinWoo seemed harmless enough. But then... Eric said something about MinWoo too... could it be that MinWoo is danger to her? Or them? But why does DongWan knew about it too?

                She raises her brows...

                Could it be...?

...

                Lunch period came quickly to the student’s liking except for Hana because DongWan was called to the office with HwaYoung again. She could tell that DongWan is bouncing happily at the fact that his face is gleaming here and there. So she just went to the back yard to enjoy her lunch since she did not want to encounter Yena again. She sets up her lunch that she made that morning and quietly eats it when someone kick s her food.

                “So... we’re alone at last” Yena said gravely. Hana was pissed and glares at Yena.

                “Yah, what did I ever do to you?!” Hana stands up, if there’s anything made her angry it’s the waste food on the ground.

                “You, if it weren’t because of you, DongWan and I wouldn’t break up!” Yena yells. Hana scoffs and laughs at Yena.

                “If you weren’t such a clingy and demanding lady who treats him like a slave, he wouldn’t have broken up with you!” Hana yells back.

                “Why you—!” Yena was about to slap Hana when someone stops her hand. It was MinWoo.

                “Don’t harm her” MinWoo said and looks into her eyes, Hana thought she saw a glint on his eyes, but she’s not sure. “You will go back to the classroom and forget this happened”

                Surprisingly for Hana, it was as though Yena was hallucinated and goes away without a word. Hana looks at MinWoo and he just smiles at her. He sits under the shade of the cherry blossom tree while Hana hurries and picks the wasted food. She can’t litter here... MinWoo watches her with a soft gaze. Hana was uncomfortable since DongWan already warned her not to trust MinWoo... but why?

                “Did DongWan tell you not to trust me?” MinWoo asks soon as Hana was finished.

                “Eh?” How did he know?

                “Ah... he must have warned you about me” MinWoo said.

                “Uhmmm... does he know you... personally?” Hana asks MinWoo smiles again.

                “Of course” MinWoo said but Hana frowned.

                “DongWan... didn’t mention about you” Hana said cautiously.

                “That’s because” MinWoo pauses and stands, he look at the building where the faculty area is. Hana looks to where MinWoo was looking, on the window was DongWan looking at them. MinWoo smirks and turns to Hana. “He wants to keep the treasure himself”

                “Huh?” Hana frowns. MinWoo steps closer to her.

                “You’re beautiful, Hana... you should know that” MinWoo said. “Don’t let DongWan suppress your beauty inside and out”

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about...” Hana said, taking a few steps back, but MinWoo steps closer to her and leans towards her ears.

                “Hana... I am the man that rules the shadows... and DongWan is my brother” Hana pushes him away from her.

                “D-don’t come near me ever again!” Hana told him and grabs her thing then she went back to the classroom.

                To Hana, MinWoo seemed to be a dangerous person, but she feels she can trust him? DongWan and Eric, all told her to stay clear of him but there’s something wrong. DongWan is MinWoo’s brother? DongWan never mentions he has a brother or the sort! Hana was about to step inside their class when she stopped her tracks only to find MinWoo on his seat waving at her nonchalantly. She felt scared... how did this person came there before her?

                I am the man that rules the shadows...

                Hana’s mind suddenly filled with the pictures of 6 myths from DongWan’s report.

                “The deceiver...”

...

                Time passed by painstakingly slow for Hana. She couldn’t concentrate with the lecture as she feels chills here and there. DongWan kept on humming in a low tune... but the teacher doesn’t seem to mind it. What made her feel more creeped out is that every time she turns around, MinWoo was just there with his smiling face.

                Is he really the deceiver?

RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG!!!

                The school bell rings and surprisingly, DongWan tells her to hurry up. And as soon as she was finished packing up, he immediately grabs her wrist and runs out of the room bumping into their classmates and other students here and there. Hana is flustered by his action, why would he run like this with her? It felt like something is coming after them. And true to her thoughts, she looks back to see MinWoo. He was not running, but rather he was walking and when she looks forth, she sees MinWoo again.

                “What’s happening?!” Hana asks as she runs with DongWan. As soon as Hana looks at DongWan, it wasn’t DongWan! It’s MinWoo!

                “Hana... are you enjoying this?” MinWoo’s voice came to her mind. It shocked her and scare her wits out. Hana jerks her hand from him and continues running at the opposite direction.

                “HANA WAIT!!!” DongWan’s voice called. Hana didn’t care... when she looks forth all she sees is MinWoo.

                Why is he doing this?!

                Hana kept on running and running but then her surroundings engulfed in black. She screamed but there was nothing coming out from . She kept on screaming hoping that someone would save her.

                “Now you shall know... the power of the Deceiver... Hana”


AiMei: O.O Omo otteoke?! WHO WILL SAVE HER NOW?!
Why do you think is minWoo after her?!
And will Hana know something she should have known?
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!


@tokki24: Yeap~ ahahhaha I just came up with that OTL
@
angelaN: WEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! hope you keep on enjoying it~ ^^
@
feelgyo: Ahhh being hahhahha~ thank you for enjoying~ Eric deserves this, Don't you htink?
@andy_dyan: Yeap... he has a litle bit since he still has his one tail. He's more human-like