I'm Sorry

You're My Better Half

It was a cold spring night. Mark was walking home from school.

After school was already done, Mark went home to a mother who is drinking on the kitchen table.

" Oh, You're home?" She asked him without looking at him.

" Mm," Mark answered and walked into his room, closing it slowly he laid on his bed looking into the ceiling. 

I will wait for you in the park

those words were running around Mark's head. He had a concern face on. Getting up from his bed looking at his clock.

***********************

Mia was in the park rubbing her heads together, she only had a cardigan with a t-shirt and jeans on. She didn't think that it would be this cold of a night. Mia looked both ways to see if Mark was going to come for sure. 

Mia looked at her watch to see it was 10:30pm. She looked back up rubbing her hands together.

She looked down at her food to see that the food was all cold, She smiled and fixed the food to make it look very pretty.

Mia was getting tired, but she tried her best to stay awake because she knew that Mark would come.

Mia's eyes started to close slowly. Mia was leaning on a pole. She was now rubbing her arms to keep herself warm.

*********************

Mark came running to the park, looking all around to see if he can spy Mia. Mark ran to the grass field to the Park then to the pathway.

Mark ran right into the pathway to see that Mia was leaning against a pole rubbing her arms and shaking on the bench.

Mark walked over still trying to catch his breath, He bend down to be at Mia's level. He looked at her staright in the eyes.

" Mian" He said removing some hair from Mia's face. 

Mark grabbed Mia's hands and blew into them. Mark looked up at Mia to see her sleepy face.

Mia felt someone's warm lips on her hands, she slowly open her eyes and saw someone who look very familiar.

Mia then thought about who it could be, Mark.

" Mark?" Mia said in a calm yet shaky voice.

Mark slowly looked up to see Mia staring at him, he felt very bad that he made her suffer.

" Mian," He said pulling Mia into a warm hug, tightly.

Mia was completely shocked, she didn't know if she should hug him back or not.

Mia wraped her arms around Mark slowly, She closed her eyes and smile.

" I knew you would come" She said