The Meeting Place

Open Arms

EXO was all gathered at the living room, watching the TV comfortably without needing to worry about practises and all. Kris was in a deep thought again.

Beside him, Chanyeol was eating a snack while texting his sister. He took a small glance at his hyung and bit his lower lips. He was dying to know what was wrong with his favourite Canadian hyung.

As he busied his mind thinking about the matter, Lay arrived home in a weak state due to the hard practice he got from Sharissa's father.

   "Lay Hyung, what happened to you?" Chen asked as he hurriedly carrying his hyung to lay on the couch.

   "Her father never go easy on me," he said before he winced in pain, "ouch, that hurts.."

   "Ahhh.. You are learning Silat from her father?" Chen grinned in amusement.

   "Who? That girl in hijab?" Xiumin asked full of interest.

Lay nodded and asked for a mineral water from Suho who happened to go to the kitchen.

   "Why does everyone's interest is on girls in hijab now? Is it a trend these days?" D.O. cluelessly asked.

   "Yeah, that's right. I wonder too, even Luhan Hyung likes a girl in hijab," Sehun spilled the secret Luhan tried to keep from other's knowledge, resulting the members to widened their eyes.

   "You too, Luhan?" Tao asked, in disbelief.

Luhan had no choice other than admitting it.

   "Even Kris Hyung is admiring a girl in hijab!" Baekhyun said it out loud.

Kris glared at Baekhyun while the latter giggled naughtily.

   "When did I even admire her? She is, instead," Kris coldly murmured to himself, but it was enough for Chanyeol beside him to hear it.

   "She likes Baekhyun now, Hyung. Not you," Chanyeol reminded him the unacceptable fact.

Kris turned his head to Tao, realizing that the Chinese maknae was rolling his eyes at him. "Why?" Kris asked even he knew the answer.

   "Aigoo, Tao-yah. All Chinese lines have feelings to hijab girls. I wonder if you too.." Kai teasingly said to him.

   "Ah, Tao~ Don't tell me you too..?" Suho asked as soon as he came with a mineral water for exhausted Lay.

   "Noooo!" he strongly denied but murmured softly to himself, "not... yet.."

 


 

Sharissa was in the classroom, alone by herself. She rummaged through the History textbook, her favourite subject. Learning about Korean history was a lot of fun, she thought but still Malaysia's history was a lot better and interesting.

Then, Jiyeon and Chaerin approached her from behind, startling her.

   "Are you still studying?" Chaerin asked.

   "No, I'm not studying. I'm just exploring Korea's history, that's all," she replied with a soft smile.

   "Aigoo, Sharissa. Come on, let's eat or play or something. It is recess time, now," Jiyeon pulled her up from the chair.

Chaerin also dragged her out of the classroom to the library. They entered the library and were greeted by the librarian, "Sharissa, hi!"

Sharissa waved to her and smiled sweetly before making her way to a corner of the library, behind the book rack with her friends where Jiyoon waited for them. They sat on the floor; Jiyeon took out her smartphone and showed them a new video of EXO-K.

   "Look at them, Sharissa. They are so adorable," Chaerin whispered to her and pointed to the smartphone's screen. They each wore their earphones.

Sharissa showed no interest on the video but smiled as she spotted Chanyeol and Baekhyun in the video. Well, she only recognized and knew the both of them.

   "No wonder my sister likes him over that Kris," she thought to herself as she realized how playful and cute Baekhyun was.

   "Waahh, Sharissa. Don't tell me you already like them?" Jiyoon after she saw the Malaysian's smiley face.

   "My sister likes them. I just want to know why does she likes them so much.."

   "Okay, then. Hurmmm. How about this?"

Sharissa glanced at the video on Jiyoon's smartphone, which took her by surprise.

   "Ouh, it's not EXO. Who are they?" she asked them.

   "Got7!" Jiyoon exclaimed loudly, not realized that they were in a library, as she was excited that GOT7 seemed to attract Sharissa.

   "I think I like this group.." she said.

Jiyoon enthusiastically showed her other MVs and introduced each one of the members. Sharissa was more interested in the young group after Jiyoon told her about the variety of nationality in the group.

   "Someone in the group is from Thailand!" Jiyoon told her.

   "Thailand? My neighbour country…" Sharissa asked in disbelief.

   "His name is Bambam," she pointed to Bambam in the video.

   "Bambam?" Sharissa almost laughed because of his cute stage name. "Girls, do you know what Bambam is in Malay?"

   "What? I don't know Bambam exist in Malay. Interesting!" Chaerin asked.

   "Actually, it is not like that. Just, Bambam is the cute way to call someone chubby," she pouted afterwards, to express the word Bambam.

   "Really? But he is a bit chubby too, in fact," Jiyoon said in a low tone.

   "I wonder if he research about this word before he uses it, hihi.." Sharissa jokingly said.

They giggled together. Consequently, the librarian discovered them and peeked behind them.

   "Omo, what have you guys done to my Sharissa?" the librarian said, startling the girls.

They giggled again while the librarian shook her head lightly.

   "Don't ruin my Sharissa's innocent mind with your fangirls' world," she advised them with a damn serious face.

   "We are sorry, Madam Lee. But she already entered our world, haha!" Jiyeon mischievously replied.

   "Sharissa, be tough, dear," Madam Lee held her shoulder.

   " I'll be good, Madam Lee. Don't worry about me. But do pray for my safety," she played along with the crazy conversations.

The other students in the library looked amusingly at them. Many of them laughed silently seeing the playful girls with the caring librarian.

Amongst them, a girl stared at Sharissa, green with envy. "Does she think she is a princess? Why is everyone treating her nicely?"

 


 

That night, Sharissa and her family walked together along the Han River. They enjoyed the scenic night view there while chatting about many issues.

As Mr. Sazali always busy with his work while his wife, Mrs. Suhana sometimes got offers to teach new Muallaf Alquran, they rarely spend time together. Only during nights or weekend, they could.

Like a faith, Luhan, Chen and Xiumin happened to pass by the happy family. They were riding bicycles in the cold weather.

   "Sharissa!" Chen called her as he braked his bicycle, followed by other EXO members.

Luhan looked at her and gasped as he realized she was the girl he had attracted to lately. He wondered how Chen knew her. It couldn't be…

Sharissa and her family also stopped walking and waved at EXO boys. Chen led the others to approach the family with their bicycle.

Sharissa finally spotted Luhan there and she smiled to him. "Are you guys always having a stroll here?" Chen asked them, showing his friendly side.

His father laughed before he replied, "no, this is our first time walking here.."

   "Anyway, this is my wife, Suhana. And…" Mr. Sazali looked at Luhan and Xiumin, "who are the two boys behind you?"

Chen turned his head to look at two oldest hyung of EXO. "Ahh, you haven't met these two, right?"

   "Yeah, are they EXO too?" Mr. Sazali asked, a bit unsure.

   "Yes yes. This is Xiumin Hyung and Luhan Hyung.."

Then, Xiumin and Luhan bowed before shaking hands with Mr. Sazali. Shahila tried to find Kris but she sighed disappointingly as there were no sight of him anywhere.

Luhan was very confused; Chen even knew her family well? What was this all about?

   "We always rides our bicycle here if we have no schedules. Come join us if you have time," Chen offered them.

   "That's a good idea! Tell your friend, Yixing too!" Mr. Sazali gladly said.

Luhan widened his eyes in a total shock. Yixing? They even knew Yixing?

Xiumin nudged Chen and whispered in a low tone but enough for Luhan to hear it, "so this is the girl Lay likes?"

Chen excitedly nodded without noticing the dimmer look in Luhan's face. Xiumin smiled playfully to Sharissa as he already knew the special girl in Lay's heart, also oblivious to what Luhan felt at that time.

Luhan smiled fakely in front of the family. He remained silent even when they were talking among them. He took a glance at Sharissa and felt a sting in his heart.

Why did Lay has to meet her first? They must be very close now. He knew, his heart ached so much. It was a greatly death-like pain to know our bestfriend likes the same girl like us.

In this case, he knew he had to back off, but he could not bear to see the girl he was attached to with other boy. It was so hard for him to like any girl, it could also be said, this was the first time.

That was why Sehun was very shocked when he knew about her. He could not believe his beloved Hyung finally likes a girl. They all knew Luhan closed his heart for so long, after he was dumped badly by a girl during his school days.

   "Luhan-shhi~" his deep thoughts was brought to a halt because of Sharissa's voice.

Sharisa waved her hands in front of his face confusedly. He stepped aback as he was startled by her. She laughed a little and said, "are you daydreaming?"

Luhan scratched his head even it was not itchy at all. He was about to reply her but the words were clogged like dusts in his mouth.

   "Let's go. They are all gone to the cafe already, leaving you," she teasingly said the last sentence.

   "They left me?" he asked, unbelievable.

   "You spaced out just now. Xiumin said we should just leave you. Haha, you are getting bullied by your own team members," she ended with a soft laugh.

Luhan also flashed a sweet smile, seeing her laughing cutely like that.

   "Cut the crap, let's go now," he acted like he was sulking with her and walked ahead of her.

   "Aish, this man. I kindly waited for him here and he left me just like that?" Sharissa blabbered to herself before entailing him quickly.

Luhan smiled meaningfully as Sharissa was behind him, walking together to the cafe where the others patiently waited for them.

   "Hey, you girly man. Are you a Chinese by the way?" she asked despite the deadly glare shot by Luhan.

   "Girly?" he repeated the word he hated the most, as he turned his body to face Sharissa.

Sharissa covered from bursting into laughter, as she saw how mad Luhan was.

   "Why? Isn't it true? No one ever said to you that you are girly?" she again.

Chen who saw the bizarre atmosphere between them, immediately came for rescue.

   "Why are you guys so late?" he pretended to get mad at them, but he rolled his mouth as he saw Luhan's not-so-angry face.

   "W-what happened, Sharissa?"

Sharissa acted innocently, shaking her head. "I don't know. But, answer me. Isn't he look girly?"

Chen could not hide his laughter after nodding. "Yes, you're right, Sharissa. He is a bit, girly..."

Luhan forcefully smiled. "Okay, now let's go. I'm hungry," he tried to change the topic.

   "Ouh, our girly man is hungry. Can't let him starving~ Let's go, Chenchenchen!" Sharissa cheerfully brightened the mood back.

   "Chenchenchen? It sounds good," Luhan thought to himself.

As they arrived the cafe, Xiumin said guiltily, "I'm sorry, Luhan. I'm not sure if you want to drink coffee or bubble tea now, so I didn't order for you yet.."

   "We already ordered, only the both of you not," Shahila said to her sister as she sat beside her.

Sharissa slapped her arms softly before pouted.

   "It's okay, I will order now.." Luhan looked at Sharissa, wanting her to tell him her order.

Sharissa shook her head before she said, "I will go with you," as she didn't want to burden the singer.

At the counter, Luhan ordered bubble tea for him and Cappucino for Sharissa.

Sharissa giggled softly to him.

   "You are girly and immatured. Who drink bubble tea at such this old age?"

Luhan formed a reluctant smile and replied, "how about you? Who drink cappucino at such this young age?" he repeated the exact same way as she mocked him before.

They both laughed together. Luhan's laughed grew fader as he realized Lay likes her.

After getting the order, they walked back to the port EXO always hang out together ( like in EXO Showtime ep2, but in this story, they are still in Mama Era :D )

   "Do you want hotdog or anything?" Luhan asked her.

   "No, its okay. I'm on diet, now.."

   "Diet? You are skinny, though," Chen said.

   "This girl is just like this. For her, this is not skinny yet," Mrs. Suhana said.

   "Then, how is skinny for her?" Xiumin amusedly asked.

   "Like the starving children, I think," Shahila answered voluntarily.

Sharissa headlocked her sister again, this time with no mercy. Shahila desperately slapped her face using her back hand, making the younger winced in pain due to the hard slap.

Xiumin, Luhan and Chen watched the sisters in disbelief. They widened their eyes, almost as big as D.O. Or even bigger than that. Unable to believe their eyes.

   "They are no joke," Xiumin muttered. Luhan and Chen nodded, they totally agreed.

Meanwhile, the sisters were still with their cute but rough fight, Mr. Sazali quickly stopped them with just a deep cough. Sharissa and Shahila giggled after that as they noticed the stares of the idol singers.

   "Let's eat by the way," Mrs. Suhana gestured the girls to give the snacks to the boys.

After the family left in a hurry not long after that because Mr. Sazali suddenly got a duty call, Xiumin, Luhan and Chen were still there, at the port.

   "Okay, now who is going to clean this?" Chen asked with his naughty eyes.

   "Like usual, rock paper scissors!" Luhan suggested.

Xiumin sneakily gave a sign to Chen to do scissors together with him, so that it would be Luhan to clear the table. Like devils, they both laughed at Luhan as he lost.

However, they cleared together at the end kindly. As they rode the bicycle back to the dormitory, Luhan's mind was still on Sharissa.

   "Luhan Hyung, are you excited for the comeback?" Chen asked during the rides, bringing Luhan back to the reality he must face from now on.

   "Hurmm, of course. We are going to be like wolfs. Haha, it must be fun," he replied the youngest among them.

   "But do you think Sharissa and her sister will like our comeback song?" Xiumin asked.

   "I hope they will. Lay Hyung is very lucky. She is adorable, really. I feel like I want to protect her like a brother always do to his sister," Chen expressed sincerely.

   "What do you think of her, Luhan?" Xiumin asked, making the younger frozen like ice.

   "I.. I also think of her like a sister. Yes, like a sister," he answered with a heavy heart.