Her ( BLOCK B )

Open Arms

Lay entered a hall in the mansion with Sharissa. She went to a room beside the door of the hall and came out with a bag. She gave the bag to him with a smile.

It was the black uniform for Silat warrior. He was very excited just by seeing the outfit. "Wear it," she told him.

Lay went to the changing room and wore the uniform. He smiled proudly watching his image on the mirror. "I am very handsome with this," he complimented himself.

After that, he went to Sharissa back with a giddy feeling. "Shall we start now? I am very excited to learn Silat~"

Sharissa glanced at her watch and said, "wait, my father is not here yet. He should be here now," and took out her phone to dial her father's number.

   "He doesn't answer me. What to do?" she asked worriedly.

    "Why don't you teach me then?" he suggested with his pleading eyes.

Sharissa giggled a bit and shook her head, "no way. I am supposed to just help, not teaching you. I am not qualified yet to teach people.."

   "But you already did before. Can't remember?" he asked with a grin.

   "Did I?"

Lay smiled to himself,

            She is forgetful, just like me. keke!

   "Anyway, what are we going to do now?" he asked.

Sharissa rubbed her temple helplessly and looked at Lay. Only now, she noticed how smart he was in the black uniform. But his brunette hair spoiled the amazing feeling she had.

She went to the room back and took out a 'tanjak', smiling. She gave him, "This is 'tanjak'.."

Lay observed the 'tanjak' weirdly and said, "tan…jak?"

   "Yes! Tie it around your head," she told him earnestly.

   "How am I going to wear this?"

   "Aish, just tie it!" she sighed.

He pouted and tied it wrongly, making the girl's face turned ashen.

   "Ya Allah! This man.. !" she burst out in Malay before she tried to adjust the 'tanjak' properly, covering his coloured hair a bit.

Lay stared at her cluelessly. What did she say, he asked himself. However, his heart was beating as fast as lightning as she was close to him when she adjusted the 'tanjak' on his head.

   "Ayoyo! Tilt your head a bit, pleaase~" she said with an a forced aegyo.

   "Why?"

She scoffed, "kneel down now!" and mumbled to herself, "haish, so many questions from this crescent-eyed man"

He kneeled down without any question while smiling, as she acted like a nagging mother. "Good good~" she presented her double thumbs up before she advanced to adjust the 'tanjak'.

She smiled satisfactorily as the 'tanjak' was looking good on him. He really looked like a warrior, just like she always imagined. She stepped backward a bit so that they were in the right distance between them.

   "Okay, now I am so excited. Let me change first, alright?" and she entered the room.

After about 5 minutes, she went back to him, in a complete Silat uniform, just like him. "Wearing this after awhile, is very refreshing!"

Lay laughed warmheartedly at the excited Malaysian girl. "I will teach you some basic moves. Shall we start now?"

Without them realising, her father peeped them from the wall with his eagle eyes. He tried hard to remain cool after he saw the not-so-romantic scenes right in front his eyes.

He had to look out of the Chinese boy, but so far Lay was still at a safe level, he was relieved. Maybe Lay was indeed a good man for his daughter, he thought.

After she taught him the graceful moves of 'Tarian Sembah', she rendered speechlessly as she tried hard to think about how she should teach him the other basic moves of Silat in which they would touch each other in any possible ways.

She shook her head as she could not find any solution to avoid them from touching each other. "We should just wait for my father," she decided.

Lay turned sulky, "why? Right when I am this full of spirits to learn.."

   "Save your enthusiastic self until my father comes, can you?" she said jokingly.

He pouted again and sat on the floor. "You are really a sulky freak, huh?" she commented as she sat next to him, but still keeping the safe distance between them.

Then, her father appeared in the full uniform of Silat with a small smile. Sharissa instantly got up and hugged her father relievingly. "Why are you so late, Abah?"

   "I'm sorry, adek. A lot of works, you know," he simply gave his excuse coolly.

Without any warning, Mr. Sazali dashed towards Lay and headlocked him seriously. Sharissa lost for words at the sudden attack from his father to the now paled Lay.

He desperately patted the father's arms, begging for mercy. He was so in pain, that he could not utter any single word. Mr. Sazali grinned widely and laughed before he released the poor boy.

Lay panted heavily, almost out of breath. "What was that?" he asked in a shaking voice.

Sharissa covered from laughing, seeing the devastated Chinese man.

   "Silat is all about quick. You have to be aware of whatever attack you will face. You have to be able to predict the sudden attack. Understand?" he explained calmly.

Lay nodded weakly. The father extended his hand to the boy with a deceived smile. As the boy reached the older's, Mr. Sazali flipped him. He groaned in pain.

   "Abah, that's enough. He might get injured~" Sharissa asked her father to stop as she felt sorry towards her friend.

   "You cannot believe your enemy that easy. It is possible that he will do like what I demonstrate just now if you accept his devious hand. You have to be cautious," he advised Lay calmly.

Lay nodded understandingly. He smiled contentedly. "Noted, Mr. Sazali.." and saluted cutely even he was not in a stable condition.

He shook his head, "no no no. Call me Tuan, as I am your teacher now.."

   "Tu.. an?"

The mid forty man nodded proudly. "Yes, Tuan. Good boy," he ruffled the young boy's hair like a father always did to his son.

Somehow, Lay was touched greatly by the fatherly action to him. It reminded him to his father so much. It was almost 5 years since he did not see his parents, as he was in Korea.

He almost shed a tear if not for Mr. Sazali's joke, "if you can put all of my advise to practise, you will be able to possess the basic steps to be a Silat warrior. And able to protect the person you love. You might be my son-in-law too. Hehe.."

 


 

In the dorm, Luhan was discussing about mobile games with his favourite dongsaeng, Sehun at the kitchen when Kris suddenly walked towards them with his sleeping eyes.

   "Mobile games? Again?" he asked hoarsely.

Luhan nodded and looked at the tallest, spreading a smile. "Are you having a good sleep, brother?"

   "Of course, my pretty sleep is very important for me.."

   "Here, drink this," Luhan offered a glass of warm water to Kris.

Kris took the glass and gulped it down after he sat beside Luhan. He spaced out for awhile and took a slight glance at Luhan, "the thing you said to me yesterday, are you serious?" Kris asked.

   "What?"

   "The girl at the restaurant yesterday.."

Luhan gave a small giggle before he muttered, "I'm just kidding, Krisus. Why?"

Kris was about to get relieved if not because of what Luhan said afterward, "Do you expect me to say that?"

Luhan shook his head, "I'm not kidding you, Yifan. Maybe it is not love yet, now but I think I already get attached to her.."

Kris blinked his eyes many times. He did not want both of his friends fight if they knew about each other's feelings to that same girl. What should he do? He had to refrain Luhan from developing any deep feelings towards the small girl.

But what should he do? How could he make it happen?