Masihkah Kau Ingat ( Kopratasa )

Open Arms

As EXO was preparing for WOLF comeback, Sharissa and Lay lost contact since then. She was feeling worried that he did not call or text her anymore. He also did not come to the garden to meet her at all.

Sharissa always waited for him at the garden if ever he would come. She also waited for him at the mansion if ever he wanted to learn Silat again.

Realization hit her completely. It must be because of her father's hard and fierce Silat lessons!

In the mansion, she dashed towards her father who was helping her mother by cutting the onions and asked, "Abah, what have you done to Yixing? Is he sulking with you because of the rough lessons?"

Mr. Sazali's forehead wrinkled with her question. "He looked just alright and happy that day. I don't have anything to do with his sudden absence.."

He waved his hand in front of her face as he said, "Don't blame me. I don't want to get involved in your love story.."

   "Love story? Are you dating him, Sharissa?" Mrs. Suhana asked with her serious eyes widened.

Mr. Sazali shrugged. Sharissa squinted her eyes as she replied, "No, Ma. I'm not dating him. Never~"

Mrs. Suhana relievingly smiled as she said, "good. Just focus on your study here and be successful, alright dear?"

Sharissa nodded to her mother's reminder and approached her parents, "what can I help you?"

When her mother went to the toilet, Mr. Sazali nudged her, "do you miss him, Ija?"

Sharissa scowled before she replied, "it is not that I miss him. I'm just worrying if he is mad at me or what. And it feels empty somehow without him.."

Mr. Sazali ruffled his daughter's hair and advised, "you are still young, Ija but you are matured enough to handle this.."

Sharissa smiled to her father and continued frying the chicken.

Meanwhile, Shahila was peeping them from behind the wall as she thought to herself.

           He is busy with the comeback. Not because he is mad at you or what. Silly Lay, why doesn't he just be honest with my sister? He is really oblivious that Sharissa hates dishonest person so much..

           And, this is the first time I see her missing a boy like this...

 


 

At the practice room, Lay looked at his phone after they took a rest for awhile before continuing the practice. He wanted to call or text her but he did not know what to say to her.

Luhan noticed and he snatched the phone away from Lay, giggling.

He typed something while Lay glared at him before the younger tried to snatch it back but Luhan quickly hid it under his playfully.

   "Luhan! Give me back my phone.."

Without the older realized it, he was pressing the 'SEND' button. After awhile, finally Luhan picked the phone and gave it back to the younger.

Yixing checked his phone as fast as possible, worried sick if his phone would be damaged by Luhan. However, a loud shriek was released by him as he saw the text message Luhan unintentionally sent to Sharissa.

In the meantime, Sharissa was studying for the upcoming exam when she received a text from Lay. In fact, they started to exchange numbers when Lay took Silat lessons with her father.

She was surprised a bit as she saw a text message from Lay but she did not open it yet. She left it unopened just like that and continued memorizing the formulas and all.

Even when the night came, she still did not read the text message. At first, she just wanted to sulk towards the Chinese but eventually, she just forgot about the text and carried on her life like nothing happened.

Well, regarding that- Both Sharissa and Lay are forgetful. Just like a match-made in heaven, right? :p

 


 

After EXO ended the promotion of Wolf, they started to get more free times before becoming busy again for their upcoming new full album, Growl.

Therefore, not letting the free times go away, Lay wanted to call her when suddenly she did it instead. She told him that her family would go for a camping near a lake during the weekend and asked if he wanted to join too.

He was exploding in happiness as soon as she told him that. Luckily, during the weekend, EXO got a special leave from their management company for the thriving Wolf promotion.

He joined the camping with his EXO family; Kris, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Luhan and Sehun. Arriving the lake that evening, both families began their works pitching up the tents and other things, such as making firewoods and preparing the fishing rodes for fishing.

Chanyeol took the chance to light up the fire with his so-called superpower, showing off to the family how great he was. After several attempts, the fire still didn't show its appearance.

Feeling bad to the Korean, Sharissa voluntarily use a lighter to produce a bright flame and soon the fire blazed fiercely, startling Chanyeol, "Woah, that is surprising~"

As the dusk came by, Sharissa and her family took wuduk for Maghrib prayer while EXO watched them in awe. After that, the family spreaded out sejadah on the ground and prayed in jamaah.

   "What are they doing?" Baekhyun asked half-whispered, afraid if he would disturb them.

Kris shrugged before he thoughtfully replied, "maybe this is how Muslims pray to their God.."

   "Really?" Lay exclaimed in a murmur before he said, "so beautiful.."

The other EXO members nodded agreeingly.

After they finished praying, Mr. Sazali and Mrs. Suhana went to the lake, followed by Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kris to experience a new hobby for the idols; fishing.

Sharissa and Shahila cooked water and also washed the plates and all before wiping them, making sure they were clean.

   "Woah, I think I catch one!" Baekhyun happily cheered as he pulled the fishing rode up, only to see a long stick.

Kris and Chanyeol rolled on the ground laughing as Baek's face fumed with embarassment. Mr. Sazali and his wife also sniggered without losing their focus on the fishing rodes.

Lay, Sehun and Luhan walked by the lake not far from them, absorbing the beautiful scenery of the lake's night view. Even there was no lamps or lighting around the place, it was still a picturesque view to see with a silent and calming sensation.

   "Do you really like her?" Sehun asked Lay as they strolled around the lake.

Lay nodded without hesitation and smiled as he glanced at the girls who seemed to be bickering over something in between the flaming fire.

Sehun with a sigh poked Luhan who was totally immersed in his own thoughts.

   "Don't you think this campsite looks somehow creepy?" Luhan asked awkwardly as he tried to change the topic.

   "Are you scared, Hyung?" Sehun playfully and made an ugly face of a ghost before receiving a soft slap from the oldest.

Not long after, the fishing line came back to the base camp with wide smiles on their faces as they caught a lot of fishes there and gave the catch to Sharissa and Shahila.

The girls neatly cleaned the fishes and roasted them above the flames. They happily consumed the roasted fish lusciously, brushing off the exhausting days beforehand.

Kris watched envily how Shahila fed Baekhyun some of the roasted fish while the main vocalist smiled coyly. Luhan kept glancing at Sharissa who was immersed in devouring the chewy fish.

As the moon shone its bright light, the night turned darker and it was already midnight. Mr. Sazali and Mrs. Suhana dipped their legs in the lakewater while Luhan, Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were lazing around in the tent.

Lay was assigned by Mr. Sazali to guard the place, so he sat on the ground while watching around. Sharissa was also in the tent and Shahila leaned herself against the shady tree with a laptop on her thighs.

Kris who was just coming back from sauntering around the lake by himself saw Shahila and took a few steps towards her.

Squatting down beside her, Shahila quickly covered with her hands the laptop screen from be seen by the Canadian. Kris looked curiously at Shahila and said, "what are you trying to hide from me?"

Stutteredly, she answered, "N- nothing big.."

   "Can't I look at it?" Kris asked.

She shook her head firmly before the taller leaned his back against the tree next to her, with a 'safe' distance between them and closed his eyes.

   "If you want to sleep, go sleep in the tent.." Shahila told him.

Kris opened his eyes and glared at her.

   "Why are you treating me this way?" he asked with a serious gaze in his eyes.

She furrowed her eyebrows as she asked back, "what kind of way did you mean?"

   "You see, in front of Baekhyun, you act all cute and whatnot. But you treat me coldly like before.."

Shahila tried to hold back her laughter from bursting down as the blonde added, "in which way does Baekhyun better than me? I am more handsome than him and even taller. What do you want more?"

Shahila blurted out, "you're not- cute~ like my Baekkie.."

Kris scoffed before he said confidently, "I am cute too!" and started doing weird aegyo in front of her.

Consequently, she laughed her off with the overflowing aegyo exploded by the blonde.

 


 

Lay played a guitar in a low tone as he did not want to disturb the sleeping boys. Then, Sharissa came out of the tent as soon as she heard a guitar sound.

She approached him from behind and said,"whose guitar is this?"

As he was startled by her, Lay rubbed his chest softly and replied, "this is Chanyeol's. He always brings this with him wherever he goes so I borrow it from him. It is boring to just sit here and do nothing.."

   "Can you play a song for me? I can't sleep at all," she muttered with a sigh.

   "Sure.."

So Lay started to play Open Arms song with a guitar melody. She digested the song while closing her eyes and opened it back as she recognized the melody.

   "I think I used to hear this song. Luhan used to sing it before," she said.

Lay glanced at her and asked, "really? When did he sing it?"

   "I met him before at a hanwoo restaurant.." she answered mindlessly.

Lay nodded understandingly before continuing playing the song and ended it with a smile.

   "Can I ask you something?" he pondered for a while before asking, "what is the thing you hate the most in your life?"

   "For me, I really hate a.. Dishonest person.."

Lay almost choked himself as he heard it. Dishonest? It was him then. He did not be honest with her about his real profession.

   "My sister suffered a lot because of the dishonest persons in her life before. So I hate all kinds of people with that attitude.."

Lay sat flabbergastedly as he tried to control his emotion. What would happen if she knew he was not being honest with her all this time?

Then, her parents came out of sudden and said, "oh, a guitar. Can you play your father's trademark song, Ija?"

Sharissa beamed at Lay before asking for the guitar. Then, she gracefully played the guitar as her father sang a nostalgic song for him and his wife.

Lay watched in awe seeing her playing the guitar skillfully.

   "What's the name of the song?" Lay asked out of curiousity as he was in love with the slow and romantic feeling the song brought to his heart.

   "Masihkah Kau Ingat.."