( Team B- now iKON )

Open Arms

Sharissa plucked her own guitar with random melodies which appeared in her mind. She was feeling very devastated. Everything seemed not right for her during the first week she attended the language school.

She kept doing mistakes and the friends there always give her hard times. They never helped her whenever she got problems or whatsoever. And the teachers never failed in giving more and more assignments and works for her.

She ruffled her hair frustratedly and looked at the dorm's surrounding. "Aishh, this is why I hate hostel..."

She took her smartphone and sighed before dialling her sister's phone number. As she went to the same secondary school as her sister and even stayed in the hostel, she only had her.

Everytime she had hard times adapting to live at hostel, without her family, and faced difficult situations, she only had her sister to lean on. That's why, when it comes to a time like this, she could only think of calling Shahila.

After two beeps, Shahila already picked up her call. "Hello?" 

Sharissa's lips curved upwards as soon as she heard her sister's voice. "What are you doing?" she asked the older.

   "I just woke up. From sleep," she heard a giggle sound from the other line and she also giggled.

   "You never changed. Always sleep and sleep. Don't you have anything else to do?" Sharissa started to nag at her sister again before the both of them laughed together.

   "Why did you call, anyway, my cutie pie?" 

Sharissa felt as if her lips was being sealed shut. Only then, she realized she shouldn't have called her. She just wanted to cry whenever she heard her family members' voices.

   "Why? Do you have hard times there?" her sister's voice sounded full of concern.

In the end, her tears fell down her cheeks. She really missed her family. She thought she would be alright without them by her side, but she was wrong. She needed them, in all ways. 

When she decided to leave Korea, she felt so confused with herself. If not because of the sasaengs and Hyeri, she wouldn't have to go away from Korea. Both her parents were worried about her after knowing that the sasaengs threatened her not to be close with Yixing. Everyone knows well, how dangerous sasaengs could be.

Yixing...  She sighed softly as she remembered him. She knew it was wrong for her to open her heart for him, but she couldn't help it.

   "Oi..!" her sister's sudden yell startled her that she mentioned Yixing's name out of shocked.

Shahila smiled mischievously as she heard her. "Are you thinking about him now? I got you, Ija!" she laughed evilly.

Sharissa pouted before she strongly denied it, "No!"

Shahila smiled as she said, "It's okay. I understand it well. Very well..."

Sharissa scoffed, "What do you understand? As if..."

The older scoffed back at her, "Of course I understand. I'm older than you, okay?"

They laughed again and again when both of them knew, the laugh was a sad laughter. Both of them missed each other.

   "I don't know how I should put this? Just..  That doesn't fit to me. And the other thing also doesn't seem to fit me too.." finally Sharissa expressed her sadness into words.

Shahila sighed silently as she heard the younger spilled them out. "I have to write essays. But the hostel out. When the electricity is back, the water doesn't come out from the pipe. Isn't this a very sad reality?"

   "So you get mental breakdown, is it?" Shahila muttered, out of pity with the same situations her sister had to face everytime.

   "Of course! My life isn't working according to what I want. I just want to finish my study here and become a great translator, like how I always dream of."

   "Well, you already chose this path.So you want it or not, you have to be strong, Ija. Remember what Mama said, you are her precious daughter and she is proud of you. If you give up now, what will happen? You know, right?" Shahila tried to provoke her.

The younger frowned. Somehow, she got a new spirit after hearing Shahila's words. Who wouldn't? 

   "Alright alright. I just have to be patient, is it?" she ended her confession.

Shahila smiled and suddenly something crosses her mind. "Ija, do you wanna hear something?"

   "What?" she replied uninterestedly.

Shahila took her MP3 and tried to find something from her K-Pop songs list and as she finally found it, she giggled before playing it on the phone, in order for Sharissa to hear it properly.

  ( Click on this picture if you want to know what song it is.. )

Sharissa started off smiling as she listened to the wailing voice which sounded depressing for some reasons.

   "What is this? Do you wanna see me crying, huh?" Sharissa complained as she couldn't help releasing a tear upon hearing the one-of-a-kind song.

   "Just listen this till the end. That will do, hihi~" 

And so, Sharissa listened to the end of the song and couldn't help but to chuckle. She even asked her sister to replay the song over and over until she got bored of it.

   "Do you even know whose voice is this?" her sister asked, out of curiousity.

Sharissa answered while furrowing her eyebrows, "Is he someone that I know?"

Shahila sighed heavily.  This little brat. She couldn't even remember his voice.

   "You really don't watch any EXO Showtime episodes, right? Even I already told you many times to watch it..." Shahila began to boil up with her younger sister.

Sharissa smiled in response, "Is that Yixing's voice?"

She heard her sister hummed as an answer. Deep in her heart, she jumped in joy.  I could really hear this without getting tired of it. His voice is very sweet and angelic-like.

   "Ummmmm.." Sharissa shyly asked, "Can you send me the song?" before the both of them hung up the call.

After receiving the song, she immediately listened to it once again and watched EXO Showtime from the first episode until the end for the whole day.

She slowly started to get to know most of them and eventually, she got familiar with all 12 of them. She was keen to meet all 12 of them again someday. She really hoped to, as they seemed to be great friends.

It must be happy to hang out with them, she thought to herself.

That night, Sharissa stared at her phone for a long time before she hesitantly opened her Whatsapp Messenger and typed carefully in the chat room of her and the contact she thought as 'Yixing'.

             Hello. Long time no see.

She waited for awhile and hesitated once again.

              What are you doing? Are you busy now?

After a few minutes, she typed again.

              If possible, can you sing for me? Or play your guitar for me?

Sharissa frowned as she saw not even one response from him. The worse thing was, she saw that he already read all the messages.

   "Aishh, this 4-D punk! If he already read them, why didn't he reply?!" she retorted angrily.

   "Okay, you're arrogant now, huh? Just wait and see, you forgetful Unicorn Zhang Yixing!!"

           How embarassing...

She hugged her knees in agony, without knowing that the messages were read by Kris, not Yixing. As the fellows were not together, at that time. Yixing already in Korea, while Kris 'stayed' in China.

Kris sighed softly as he read the messages by her.  That Changsha boy, he didn't even realize that I installed those apps in his phone, isn't it? If not, why did Sharissa sent these messages to me?

He wanted to call Yixing and tell him about her, but his fingers shivered as he thought of what would happen tomorrow. Therefore, he put his hand away from the phone.

 


 

The next day (morning), Mrs. Suhana walked into the kitchen and gasped as her eyesight caught a figure who was such a rare to be seen in a kitchen - Shahila.

She approached her daughter and said, "Oh my daughter. Are you ill or something?" she put her palm on Shahila's forehead as if to check her temperature.

Shahila smiled cheekily as she replied her, "Ma.. If I'm ill, I will not be here. I will lie on the bed for the whole day, right?" she giggled as her mother scowled at her.

   "What are you cooking, anyway?" her mom glanced at the pot and laughed, "Shahila~ This is not how you grill hanwoo! The fire is too strong~"

Shahila could only laugh along with her mother as the hanwoos were all burnt. The mother shook her head with her daughter's recklessness.

   "By the way, what is in the lunchbox?" her mother took a peek at the lunchbox and widened her eyes in awe. "Did you make this by yourself?"

Shahila shook her head, "Mak Jah helped me. Have a taste, Ma. I want to know what do you think of my first masterpiece?"

Her mother chuckled with her eagerness and tried some. She smiled and said, "Your asam pedas is very good!"

Shahila squirmed in joy and packed the burnt hanwoo in a lunchbox too. She also took something into the lunchbox. 

   "Is that kerabu bronok that Sharissa sent yesterday?" Mrs. Suhana asked before her daughter nodded in response.

   "I'm curious. Who do you want to give all these?"

Shahila grinned shyly and replied, "Secret~"

Then, she ran into her room with the lunchboxes. Mrs. Suhana shook her head and smiled, "Who is that person that makes my lovely daughter cooks? I'm surely indebted to you.." she chuckled and went to the sink to wash her hands before eating breakfast.

In the room, Shahila took a bath and wore the same blue hijab with polka dot blouse and jeans she used to wear on during her first meeting with ..  Kris.

She called him to tell him that she would go to SM Building to meet him, but he didn't pick up her calls at all. So, she decided to leave a message in the mailbox.

         "Kris, I heard you're coming back from China today. I have something to give you. I hope we can meet up behind SM Building, okay?" 

 


 

Author's Note:

This story is reaching its . :)