Plan B: Blackmail

Secret till the end

"No we're not," I clarified, which brought confusion to all of their ears. I slapped his hand away from my shoulders. 


[Narrator's POV]

The wind blew violently as mixed feeling were felt surrounding all of us. Silence was heard. No one talked or responded, for they couldn't get their head around it. "Seriously guys we're not really-" Mark interrupted with a quick peck on the cheek. Yoohee's jaw dropped; the guys lifted their eyebrows– stunned; and stares turned into glares as the girls were disturbed by Mark's actions. 

The palm of Yoohee's hand directed to Mark's face however, with his fast pace reaction, he managed grasp hold of before she could even touch him. He puts her hand down, while swiftly dragging her closer to him. Close enough for him to whisper, "Play along, I'll explain later." He smiles back to the puzzled faces, who reluctant to ask anything because they have no idea what had happened. 

"No!" she pushed him, "I don't want to play your stupid games."

"Come with me" he locked his hand with hers. Leading her somewhere where no witnesses was to be seen. He lets go of her hand. A deep sigh was heard from Mark. He was about to say something until–​ Slap! The colour of his cheeks turned bright red, with agonizing pain. Comforting her was one of the worst thing that he could've done, but he had to do it one way or another. 

"Why do you hit so hard?" he pouted, taking it lightly. 

"What do you think you're doing!" she screamed. 

"Well I thought about it and," he paused to think about how to put it, "I'm asking you to do me a favour."

"What  makes you think that I'll ever do you a favour!" 

"Sorry, Let me re-phrase this," he coughed to clear his voice, "I need you to do me a favour. And I remember a haven't been paid."

"What are you talking about?" 

Mark couldn't help but laugh, "Years ago, a girl struggled to walk but a guy was there to save her. But one day he lost her."

The day that he thought that she was going to be his forever was the day he lost her. He risked his life just search for her, even going as far as trying to track where she went before. He wanted to rescue; to be there for her. She was still no where to be seen.At the end of his journey he thought that she was gone forever and he wasn't going to her again. The slight thought of it scared him so he grew quieter until the coming of the girl. The stupid guy never knew when to stop." 

After all the obstacles, he finally found her..." Mark's head lowered as there was something that he was thinking of . Yoohee engrossed by the story waited for the rest to come. However Mark seemed to have left her hanging. Which lead her to question. 

"Why are you telling me this?"

Coming back to the real world he answered, "It's 'Cinderella', stupid" Particularly troubled by talking some much in less than an hour. "Anyway. you owe me! and since you like being the princess image that's how I told it. The princess owes that dude for saving her and she should pay her back." 

"YOU.ARE.NOT.THAT.GUY.THOUGH!" she thought she was stating the obvious. 

"Ohh... Yoohee," he tutted, "you don't know anything about me" 

"Screw you, I'm not doing you any of your favours" she walked off, shaking her head. 

"I know who you like." his voice faded as he also walked away in the opposite direction. 

Immediately twisting her whole body, when he suddenly said that abruptly, she replied,"What did you say?" 

"Yoohee, you were never good at keeping things to yourself." 

"What are you talking about?" 

"Do me the favour and I'll promise to keep it a secret" her face turned pale as she could see that he was serious about this.The problem was that she liked someone closer to Mark and her, which was going to be troublesome if he knew about it because the secret could leak any second. She thought that it wasn't obvious and no one was going to find out. But Mark wasn't just anyone, he knew her more than she knew herself. 

She glared at the Mark with confusion and the assumption that he was bluffing. Mark stopped at his tracks and said, "You have a secret crush on... Jinyoung" Mark grinned.The terror in her eyes said everything. She never sensed this coming and storing that kind of information was tough therefore finding someone who knew was a catastrophe. "Do me this one favour... pretend to be my girlfriend." Yoohee's eyebrow lifted as if to say Huh? What he really serious that time? 

"You've got to be kidding me! There's is no way , I'd pretend to be you girlfriend. Do I look that easy to you," she laughed, while also realising that if her secret was told, it wouldn't have that big deal since Jinyoung takes everything as a joke anyway. There was no way that he was going to believe Mark, she thought.

"Trust me, this will be big news when it comes out, plus Jinyoung is blabber mouth and he'll tell everyone, which can be a good or bad thing for you. However looking at your personality; you seem not like the attention. Am I right?" He saw right through her like he read her mind. 

"What the hell are you? A crazy mind reader" she said. Not knowing his background nor who he was. Who would've thought that a complete stranger could easily blackmail her?

"You're completely transparent." 

"I don't even like Jinyoung," a late comment from Yoohee made it certain that Mark was right. The two had a quarrel for a three minutes; with Yoohee in denial; and Mark teasing her.


 "You're mad!" I screamed. Walking off, he held grip on to my wrist, forcing me to face him once again. Again I refused, "I am not doing this"