New Individual

Secret till the end

I walked through the corridors, while holding books on my hands. My bag couldn't handle the extensive amount of books therefore leaving me handling it by myself. I looked up dreading the sight of the steep stairs. Keeping my patience I steadily climbed up the stair. Stopping to catch my breath, (which was about half way from what I can confirm) I stopped and rearranged the books that were about to fall. Doing so I came across an unfamiliar face who was also heading the same direction. I ignored him and continued to go up the stairs. 

 

I recognised everyone in the school, even if I don't know them I would've at least seen the around. Therefore I would have been curious to who he was, but at that time it didn't really interest me. The bell rang. As I reached the end of the stairs, I could feel the rushing adrenaline in some pupils as they sprinted to their lesson– for being late was unacceptable. However a few stayed calm and walked with ignorance of the bell and the people around them. Luckily the classroom (that I needed to be in) stood right in-front of the stairs. I entered.

Everyone crowded at the corner of the class looking seemingly excited. I took my seat; afar from the commotion. My friends, coming out of the crowd, rapidly charged at me with glee and enjoyment. They sat behind and front of me while telling each other to breath. 

"Omo, yoohee-ah," Jina smiled with happiness, "I found him. My prince charming." 

"What are you talking about?" I said organising my books.

"No way! He's mine" Hyorim targeted at Jina, "I found him first."  

After that, they were suddenly arguing over a guy. I figured this was why everyone was is crowding around him. Finding myself in the middle of all of it, I slammed the table at the same time standing up, "SHUT UP!" I shouted loosing my patience. Looking up, I realised that I overreacted a bit because the attention suddenly directed to me. Bitting my lips, I bowed and calmly sat back down. "Why are you arguing over a guy?" I whispered as I was too loud before. They laughed with amusement because of the embarrassment I gave myself.

"We're only joking around you know" Jina said while Hyorim nodded.

"He's just an amazingly good-looking guy: who happens to be born in LA; knows martial arts; and probably extremely rich," Hyorim didn't stop to breath, "We're just fangirling," she giggled.

I sighed heavily. Grabbing my pencil case out of my bag, I placed in on the table. The teacher entered the room and everyone scattered to their own seats. The new guy, having had everyone talk to him all at once, walked to the front of the classroom. "From what I saw you, guys have met the new student that's going to be joining us today." the teacher assumed, "Will you introduce yourself?" 

"I'm Mark Taun," he said emotionlessly.

"Aren't you going to say anything else?" the teacher asked.

"I think they already know me enough. Miss."

"Okay," she nodded, "You can sit over there" she pointed at the far corner opposite me. 

***

A few days after everybody knew Mark as the handsome, adorable, cool guy. He doesn't talk much which made him sound unsociable yet he unusually has many friends. Already a lot of girls had confessed to him but he always rejects them. Giving out the personality that he's also stubborn. Not knowing him at all, that was what I assumed but I can't really judge. However I avoided him because everyone is always with him and even if I tried to get close I'd probably get trampled on. 

As weeks pass, heards of people around him to disappear one by one. Although he was remaining popular; still everyone talks about him. Sipping a carton of juice, I witnessed the stalki-ish side of my friends. Both with a telescope on their hands– hiding in the bushes– they examined Mark's every-move. "He's moving," Jina said. 

"Of course he is," I said sitting on a bench behind them in visible sight, "I bet now you're going to tell me he's breathing"

"Wait, What?" Hyorim looked into the telescope; simultaneously spying on him without it. She noticed "Is he..." she paused to check to confirm, "going to talk to that girl."

"Pshh, nah he's just-" Jina turned to Hyorim.

"HE LOOKED AT HER!" Hyorim interrupted. 

They stared at each other and gave each other looks. They talking telepathically again I sighed to myself, while I took a final sip of my juice. The two of them still at it; they kept ducking when he looked their way. I shook my head in disappointment as I thought how did they become like this. I got up to throw the juice carton in the trash. Unaware that I was walking towards Mark and his friends, I threw the juice carton in the trash. Turning to my right I saw the group of boys stare at me as I blocked their way. They all came to a halt. 

After having a quick chat, I headed back to friends– who seemed surprised.Their eyes wide open; they're mouths opening wider like they've seen a ghost or something. Hyorim questioned, "What did he say?"

"Nothing," I grabbed my bags ready to leave "I'm going to get another drink." 

"He really didn't say anything?" Hyorim repeated.

"Nope, he didn't say single thing" I answered, "Okay, see you guys. Going to get going" 

"Okay bye~" the said synchronizing.

Already walking away; I turned and said "You guys shouldn't stalk Mark because apparently he doesn't like stalkers he likes quiet, timid girls." I lied. That should do the trick I smirked. 

***

Previously when I encountered Mark and his friends, we had a quick chat to avoid more question from them two. Jackson called,"hey...erm," he scratched his head, "yoono?" he guessed. 

"It's Yoohee, Hyung" Bambam corrected him.

"Yoohee! come here" Jackson demanded. With a sigh on my face I walked up them. "You're friends," he pointed with his eyes,"are really creepy. Is there a way to stop them from following us? They've been following for a while now" 

"Blame you're new friend Mark," I snapped 

"How is it my fault?" It was the first time ever since when he introduced himself that I've heard that deep voice. It was softer from what I recalled. I gave a 'seriously' look (yeah that one: -_- ).

"Anyway I'll make they leave you guys alone if you buy me more juice." Jackson gave me weird look, "I've ran out of money," I shrugged. 

"Deal," me and Jackson shook hands. Which explains why I left my friends so quickly. 

Mark, paying for it, and me chose a drink, we waited for the line to reduce.--Silence--. I said in my head this guy is really quiet. "So...Mark?" I had no idea what to talk about, "Do you play sport?"

"No"

"okay" I nodded. 

After that, we didn't talk whatsoever. I asked Jackson, sitting next to him at a table with the others "Why is Mark so quiet?" 

"I think it's because he's more comfortable talking in his own language." he whispered 

"So there must be a language barrier between you guys then?" 

"No, not really. I can speak English you know." 

"I'm leaving. I've got what I want, there's no reason for me to stay here," I stood up and waved, " see ya!" 

While moving away from them I heard my name being said by Mark. I didn't bother to look back for I thought it wasn't that important. 


Narrator's POV:

"Hey don't you think she's cute," Jackson grinned while looking at her leave. 

"Dude!" JB nudged him, "I don't think she's interested"

"I was just joking," he smiled keeping his eyes at her, "I'm not her type.She's too good to be mine"

"You've just lost all your pride, man" Yongjae laughed.

"She's so straight forward and demanding" Jackson turned back to them.

"That's Yoohee for you," Mark mumbled as the rest continued the conversation.