Secret

Secret till the end

Previosly: Mark climbed up to her bedroom. Then Kai walks by her house, making sure that she' alright.


After Jong-in left, I turned to the guy who seems awfully comfortable in my room. He sat there glaring at me, having questions in his eyes. "Leave!" I said sternly, while pointing at the door.

"I just got here."

" I don't care why and how you are here," I was cautious of the time when my dad would usually get home. "but right now I don't want anyone finding out your here." I pushed him towards the door out of my room, while he persists to know the relationship between me and Kai (Jong-in). "I'll tell you some other time, right now your violating my privacy." finally finding a excuse of getting him out of my room.

Eventually budging him out of my room, I sensed that he wasn't at all pleased about something. His eyes squinted as he closely looked into my eyes, "Are you hiding something?" He tilted his head. I huffed loudly, exhausted to even answer his questions. I did not intended to answers any of his questions until he was out of my house. Having to explain unrelated things for the situation was hard enough, never mind answering useless questions for the sakes of one person's knowledge.

Eventually I managed to get him out of my room – with some work. Though it was tough getting him out of the house with his childish . He constantly resisted to leave for some unknown reason. He was just babbling randomly. All I wanted was this stranger to leave my house.

Agitated by him, when I finally got to the stairs, I decided that I've had enough and tried to put the end to it, "Shut up!" Looking startled he stayed quiet for a few seconds and said, "So, are you alone?" If it hadn't been a immature 18 year old, it would've been more creepy.Looking seemingly comfortable, he looked like he was enjoying this more that I anticipated.

I carefully evaluated every bit of his movement to figured out the most efficient way to get him down the stairs. The most fastest way would be to push him; I would find totally amusing to him fall down the stairs; but as everyone knows, it would cause severe casualties. Eventually, I got him down the stairs: Success.

Sigh.

"Bye."I pushed him out the door yet he spreads his arms wide, keeping his hand locked on the door frame.

"Why are you so pushy?" he moaned. I just constantly pushed him without saying a word.

After a while he finally gave up and left. Satisfied with my work, I grabbed the door knob, ready to close the door. Until. 

"Yoohee!" a sharp voice came from the distance, not too far from my house; almost like a soft brotherly voice, called my name. The sound of the voice inevitably brought fright to my heart. The trees became still as if all had come to stop to that certain moment. No sound was heard expect from that amazingly familiar voice. I had thought that my heart was at a point of breaking as it beat louder and louder. I began to immediately deliberate with myself to what to do.   

I quickly ran to grab Mark and dragged him back in the house. A hint of quirky smirk was found his face as I harshly repeated "Do Not Say a Word!". Pushing him behind the door, hoping that no one would find him there.

"Yoohee!" I saw the manly figure sprinting closer. "I think I left my jacket last time I came at your house" Kai slowly found his way on my front door. 

I took a step forward, to give him a warm welcome but as always my body doesn't do as it's told when I encounter a handsome, heroic guy. Flustered by everything that's happening, I tripped on something (to which is still a mystery since there was nothing to fall on. And like a complete cluts I ended up falling on my bump and also falling with embarrassment). 

I stared on the floor as I couldn't face humiliation.  I looked up to Kai who didn't seem to bothered by it, yet I sensed his worries as he helped me up. 

"Noona?... Are you alright?" with a slight hesitation grew on his face, as he clearly didn't know how to react.

I half smiled, trying not to show any physical pain (yet I knew myself that it wasn't going to do me any good in the future). He tried to confirm whether any injuries occurred, but I denied. I escorted him to the living room so he could find his jacket he left last time he visited. Long story short, my family invited his family for dinner. End. 

Meanwhile the silent guy, who sat behind the front door (who had kept awfully quiet for such a long time) wanted to make his presence known by loudly mumbling to himself. Irritated, I directed Kai to the living room meanwhile quickly turning around, I shot my shoe at the loud mumbling pest, making sure I shut up. 

Thud!

I panicked, thinking that he would be suspicious of it but he showed no sign of attention to the matter, which was a relief. From then on I heard nothing from Mark.

"Do you remember where you saw it last?" I walked behind Kai, who immediately searched under the sofa. Giving me no response I helped with the search.

***

Thirty minutes later.

I was pretty sure that we've searched the whole house and there was still no sign of his jacket. I asked him several times whether he actually left it in my house but he kept quiet and continued searching. Strange. For a loyal person, he seems to be acting peculiar to his normal self. Moreover, Mark seemed to have disappeared from his original spot. Maybe he left already but either way I didn't really care, at least he wasn't there to cause trouble.

I stretched my arm because I felt the strain on my arms, "I really need to exercise someday" I whispered to myself. I felt it necessary to sit down, however Kai seemed keen to find his jacket; so continued the search.  

At midst of resting, at the corner of my eye, I sensed a hint of movement. I turned to the window, where I swore that it was just a bird or something, but when it passed the second time I was so sure that my eyes had completely deceived me , because this bird flies in such a strange way as if it bounced rather than fly. 

My eyes drifted away as it came back to Kai who was still searching for his jacket

"Why are you so determined to find you jacket?" I asked out of curiosity,

"It has something special" he didn't keep me from distracting him, 

After a while, I stood up and started to look for it again. I searched underneath the sofa but nothing was there so I moved on to the bookshelves (even though I knew that there was no chance that jacket could possibly squeeze in between the books). And as I guessed there was nothing there. Bending down, I checked underneath the bookshelves: and guess what... It was there!

"Hey! I found it!" 

His eyes brightened as I held the jacket up. "Thank you!" he breathed with a sigh of relief. 

"What was so important that you had to come back for it." 

"This." he took out a small black box.

"You are not..." My mouth widened. I could not express the shock that was going through my brain. How old is this guy? Isn't this a bit too early? There was this girl who he's been really close to but... Woah! "Is it for me?" I joked.

"No noona..." he laughed, "I want to ask her to prom with this."

"Ah...well make sure no to bend down in one knee. she might misunderstand," I chuckled, "but I'm sure she's gonna love it." 

"What you mean like this?" he bent down in one knee while jokingly smiled, "Are you sure she won't like to asked like this?"

"Certain!" I chuckled. We cackled while I suggested several ways to ask his future prom date. I mean who would reject this derpy adorable kid. 

After all the jokes, an unexpected appearance came from the man who was patiently waiting for his dramatic entrance. Mark walked down the stairs, interrupting the mood.  "What are you doing?" Startled I wanted to ask him the exact same question.

 


A/N: New Chapter as an Easter present.

Ohh I forgot to tell you guys that this going to finish. And the large update gap is because I've been so busy. I'll try to update as quickly as possible.

Thank you for being persistent if you're still reading. I'm really sorry!! Forgive me!! Please don't hate T.T  [there may be mistakes I'm sorry again :( ]

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!