Still kids

Secret till the end

As well as completely frightened, she sees it as a disadvantage for the happening to spill. Therefore, finding herself negotiating with Mark, he asked him not to tell anyone about it. In exchange, she promised that she'd "pay him back" someday. 

***

The following day. There was one thing that bothered Mark which he couldn't put in to words: It was like the feeling of wanting to protect someone that was he had never looked upon in such a way. The feeling never occurred to him until that day. Correctly speaking, the interference of something so awful, lead him to opening his eyes to someone who was there all along. Though the naive boy still had a lot to learn, there was no denying what his feeling were.

Walking in the school grounds, one of his friends, Kevin, called from a distance, "Hey! Mark, wait up!" Grabbing Mark's shoulder while catching his breath. "So, how is your friend doing?" 

"Which friend?" Mark, off in his own world. He couldn't care less about what his friend was asking about. 

"Your friend..." Kevin recollected his memories from when he last saw her. "That girl? Yoohee, was it?"  

Mark glared at him like Kevin did something wrong; like he has commited some crime. Not knowing how he knew who Yoohee was, his curiousity grew, yet questions like: "How do know her?" or "Why are you asking about her?" never once left his lips for instead he waited for Kevin to say something.

Having had suspicious stares from Mark, keving finally spoke up, "I heard... she was friends with you..." Still heasitating to make a wrong move, Kevin asked. "Are you guys just friends?"

The answer delayed for a second, for he didn't know what to say to that. They were friends and they were closer than anyone, but was that it?

"Of corse..." He stuttered. "We are... just... friends" sounding disappointed by what came out of his mouth. 

Kevin's face suddenly brightened up, with a hint of relief. He had thought that Yoohee was already taken and that would've ruined his plans. "We'll then, help me.

"you see, I have a friend who likes her a lot and he's not really the type to talk so could you ask her to-" 

"No!" Kevin didn't even get to finish his sentence. Mark firmly stood his place, knowing that he was going to be questioned.

 "Mark I didn't get to finish-" 

"Yoohee is kind... joyful... funny..." He could recall the first time he saw her. He saw her worderous which had made his day; the eyes who looked upon the lonely boy the sat leaning on the tree; and the infinite happiness that only Yoohee acquired, "...beautiful.

"And she's definitely not the type to be interested in those type of things."

"Are you her boyfriend? Or something?"

"No, but she's mine! My Yoohee. No one else's!" He said arrogantly, halting Kevin to a pause. This was something that you wouldn't usually hear from the ice king. 

"Mark..." Kevin coughed.

"What?" Mark looked behind him and saw the last person that he'd want to hear that. His face flushed and a crooked smile was seen on his face. "Hi... Yoohee."