The Cry: part 2

Secret till the end

Mark's face rendered to a stop, as all wasn't right; a man stood reluctant to do anything; a woman severely injured; and a stranger came in the door way too easily. At a crucial time, no one was at the right mind to say or perhaps do anything. Though individually and mentally stable he wasn't at the right position to interrupt but instinctively in his mind he had to at least call the police: and so he did. 

As his phone vibrated at a seemingly violent rate than normal, maybe it was because of what was happening, he couldn't confess the fact that everything was a complete crazy, none-stop, impossible journey. Although, this wasn't a confrontation that he'd intend to come across. A constant phenomenon occurred within in his life time, which he never confirmed to be epidemic. Truthfully everyone comes across it in their life, but Mark strives through them more than normal people. As most people who are part of the crowd he sees it and walks away to let them do the work.

However this wasn't anything like he had seen before, already having images other peoples deaths, corrupted his mind which lead him to help them rather than watch them leave at an instance. 

The phone rang simultaneously after the woman lost conscious. The endurance of waiting for the upcoming voice had ever been intense for him. Extremely concentrated on the situation at hand, keeping the injured lady the first priority​, he didn't notice the person the escalated down the stairs.

A subtle, soft voice conversed to a Hello, to where Mark stuttered with hesitation, "erm..." his voice rattle as the nervousness entered his hand, to which even his hand was weak to keep balanced. 

Shaken by the fear that the death of a woman was entirely at his hands and his disjointed word didn't come in to help him either.Though at the start he was confident to help. When he held the phone, the thought of everything having been his responsibility, began to strike him. When the time eventually stared him at the face, he cracked and became a broken glass with no help to anyone whatsoever.

With the doubt in his mind he also stood frozen without saying a word. Therefore, leaving him to think more with no assurance whether she was still alive. With that in mind, the girl that arrived downstairs noticed that he wasn't going to do anything, so she snatched the phone off Mark and spoke instead. "Hello! My mom needs immediate help! She's bleeding!" the girl raised her voice sounding panicked. 

"Hey, calm down!" Mark screamed, knowing how it feels like to be in a shock that you can't talk at all. The girl turned and looked at him. 

"Mark?" 

"Yoohee?" 

Pause. 

The phone not directly at her ear, the person at the phone started to rattle on. "Oh sorry... say again?" Yoohee forgot what happened just for a second. 

Instructions were finally given to Yoohee, which were followed while the conversation was going on. Though Mark couldn't calm down himself, he managed to help Yoohee to relax.

***

The doctor clarified that it was a close but she was going to be fine. To that remark Yoohee breathed slowly with Mark by her side, still calming her down. 

"Dad! What the hell was wrong with you?" he ranted at her dad for she also saw him standing at like everything was going to be done for him.

"I don't... I didn't know she'd..." 

"Are you crazy? she could've died!" her voice cracked nearly in tears yet still strong enough to hold it in. "You have got to be kidding me!"

And you!" she directed at me, "Did you go mad or something 'cause I swear you blanked out as well. huh?" 

Mark couldn't comeback from what she said since it was true, instead he diverted the conversation, "What about you, Huh? If I wasn't there to calm you down, your mom would be dead." 

Yoohee's eyes watered as he finished the sentence. Throughout time time she's been trying to prevent herself from crying, this was the time where she couldn't stop herself. He was right. Her mom could've nearly died if she did lose it there and then: she knew that. However when he said it like that; he made it sound like it was her fault.  A second after saying he said, he realised that she took it the wrong way as soon as he saw her face tearing up. 

Feeling sympathy, his hand gently grabbed her shoulder and slowly held her close to his chest, to the point where he cover her face so that no one has to see her cry. While patting her back he felt how hurt she was, "It's alright... It's alright."