Confession

Secret till the end

"Mark Tuan!" Yoohee shouted standing right in from of him. 

"You don't need to shout. I'm right here." he tried to brush off the idea by acting less flustered.

"You disgrace me!" 

"huh?" he said puzzled about the words that she said: "You disgrace me"

"You can't just simply own me like that" 

"What... do you mean?"

"Just because were friends, it doesn't mean I can't be friends with others" Mark laughed proving his point that she really isn't the type of person who would consider a relationship as an option. However there was a hurting feeling in his heart that he couldn't shake off nor did he want to acknowledge yet. It wasn't the right time and he was sure that he'll get his time to shine, even if it wasn't going to come anytime soon.

"Well then good for you." he walked off keeping his cool. After a distance away he muttered to himself, with a discreet sound to his voice, "Of course... of course, she wouldn't see me anything more than friends."

***

[A day before]

"It's there somewhere!" Mark's mom shouted downstairs. He had asked his mother where she had kept an important school letter for he didn't one take a glance to contents of it, since in his mind he thought it was just those junk mails. 

Having to scatter through her mothers files and other folders. A photo book grabbed his attention for it contained some recent memories yet many other unseen ones as well. The first page: A cute, innocent boy that laid deep in sleep, like an empty page waiting to be filled. Flicking to the next page, he saw the baby boy's first ever smile (written on the captions), looking like he was floating on snow; carefree and alive. Again he turned the page and a picture cut loose, flying away the photo book. Unfamiliar to him he slipped it at the back and continued looking through the pages.

Page after page, bits of his memories came back to him. The thought the he was that small never really occurred to him until then, while he smiled at ever picture. He saw how joyful his life had been and not realising it brought him guilt and sorrow; he simply took everything for granted; he wanted more; yet it only brought him less. 

To the turn of the next page simply the page itself confused him for there was something was out of place. Something that stuck out like a needle made his whole body freeze in shock. Was it a dream? Was this real? Holding up the paper that read "Tuan MarkMr". Just by the visual scan and the word he knew something wasn't right; he knew that there was something that his parent was keeping from him: "Flight ### " 

"Mom, what is this?" still not convinced by the ticket he held. It must be fake? We might... just be going to holiday. Right?

***

A few days later Mark called Jinyoung for the first time to talk about something to do with the flight, which wasn't far off. 

"Park Jinyoung!" he shouted calmly, while walking towards him, keeping his hands in his pockets. Admits within his thoughts, reminiscing on everything and thinking whether anything will change when he's gone.  He wasn't sure whether it would be the right thing to tell Jinyoung about the news. He found that it might come to Yoohee as a shock therefore he thought it would be easier for her if he just left quietly

"Why'd you call me?" 

"I have something to tell you..." he feels that someone has to know. He lifted his head in despair, "I'm leaving tomorrow."

Speechless, Jinyoung didn't know how to respond to that; he couldn't fully take it in without knowing the full details to it like: since when? why? where to? Nevertheless, one thing he had to confirm with him. If the question was answered thoughtlessly, he might just do something out of his hand. "Did you tell Yoohee?"

"No but-"

Bam  

Jinyoung, without saying a word nor wanting to hear anymore, punched Mark on the face. The burning feeling on his face drove tears to eyes, though not to his intentions. Mark stayed quiet. He couldn't blame him, if he was at his position he would have done the same. 

"Are you kidding me!" Jinyoung huffed, "You know how ridiculous you sound! She already had me leave her and now... you" shaking his head in disbelief. "You've been with her longer than me. Do you know that much that'll hurt her when she hears it?"

"I'm not going to tell her." 

Whack! He punched him again. "You deserved that." His knuckles had turned red yet he didn't care. Jinyoung, although still having an unstable friendship with her; he knew that she's wasn't going to take it lightly. Also, having an idea of the state she's in with her parents; she had always implied her happiness to be with her friends rather than her family. Therefore a loosing of a friend will corrupt her into darkness. "That not even the pain that Yoohee is going to feel." He walked away irritated.

***

Thinking about what Jinyoung told him, he walked up at Yoohee's house uncertain whether he should tell her. Sitting at her doorstep, the thoughts lingered in his mind but he couldn't make his decisions. Many different situations came to his mind, but none seemed to have been realistic nor possible like one about barging in with a white horse, wearing a ravishing red cape and revealing that he was the prince of England and that he wasn't going to leave with out her; or the one with saying that he was an angel and he flying back and forth for her. Cliché ridiculous it sounds, only the anime and manga storylines flooded his mind at time. Eventually he only ended up throwing stones at her window.

After a while his hands got tried for she did not respond to it whatsoever. Surprisingly the window still hasn't cracked yet; he had probably thrown his 50th stones, taking more care by the minute for he knew that the window may backfire. Finally he shouted, "YAH!" 

A hand grabbed his shoulder, "What are you doing?" 

Jumping at an instant, he turned around and realised who the person was, "Why do keep doing that?" 

"If I had known that you get scared that easy. I would've done it earlier." Yoohee sniggered.