Questions

Secret till the end
  • Previously: Mark was keeping a look out on Jackson.

The half hearted jerk didn't realise that once he took his eyes off Jackson the tables will turn and he will be the one watching us.  

"Shut up you're distracting me!" he snapped

"I'm not the person who's-"  

A person interrupted from a close view, "What are you guys doing?"   

"How did you-" I looked from the distance he stood from us before and where he was standing. And yet the impossible trick came to life as Jackson was genuinely standing too close to my believing. 

"Go away. Stalker." Mark, with disapproval of his presence, walks away hands in his pockets like nothing ever happened. I looked upon him, while a smile drew upon as if I found it quite amusing how he just walked away like that. The sudden change in attitude was quite intriguing, which made me wonder what type of guy he was. 

Meanwhile Jackson waffled on about Mark and I's relationship, which I had completely forgotten until he mentioned it, but for a friend of Mark's there was an indecisive tone in his voice like he didn't want to accept it. I knew that we weren't as affectionate to each other compared to other couple, well that's because we aren't really a couple but i guess Jackson detected that just by looking at us. 

After Jackson had finally had someone else accompany him other than us, Mark and me were alone again. However unlike the first time: there were more witness around us as we entered the school premisses. 

"Mark? Why were really hiding from Jackson?" I whispered to him, even though that was unnecessary since we were apparently dating.

"Because he's annoying..." 

"Is that all?" 

"Wasn't it obvious? he was going to interrogate use about the relationship once he saw us together. Wouldn't that be the sensible thing?" 

"Oh...right," It made sense; if it was me I probably would've done the similar thing of avoiding the subject.

"It's troublesome." 

"By the way? What's with the sudden change of mood?" 

"Why are you asking so much questions?" we continued walking forward "We aren't a real couple right? So you don't have to follow me. Go!" 

It was true. We weren't a real couple. Yet I couldn't prevent the unanswered questions from coming out from my mouth taking, it the fact that I have no idea who he was and why I was even walking with him. Nevertheless, I continued asking him questions just because nothing about him made actual sense except from the fact he's human but other than that I hadn't got a clear identification of who he was. 

"Why did you suddenly chose me to be your girlfriend in front of all your... relatives?" I remembered the day we first physically met (face to face) and that triggered me to ask him about it.

"It has nothing to do with you." after saying that he gave me the cold shoulders. 

What was he talking about? I had the right to know, since I was the victim of the crime. 


[After moving back to LA: 5 years ago]

Only a few weeks after the flight. Mark was referred back to the police as proven at court as guilty. He pledged innocent but nothing could be done by the judgement of the judge. He knew himself that his stepbrother was the one at fault yet no one believed him not even his real father, which wasn't surprising since his manipulative stepmother was completely under his control.

The story of one's gain and loss continued as the famous, familiar fairytale of a story did not end there...