08

I'm Yours

Days had gone by since that incident, and the situation in their lunch table was the same, at least for the other three guys, it is. But for Baekhyun, it worsened, and oddly enough, he couldn't even blame his friends for their behavior, for growing more irritable. They have been teasing him, if you call it that whenever they intentionally talk about Chaeyeon who hadn't joined them ever since that incident, but for him, they're taunting him--they're making him feel guilty. Like for instance, that day's lunch break.

"This lunch is so boring," Jongdae drawled, planting his cheek on the palm of his propped up hand, yawning lazily.

"Right. If only Chaeyeon was here, we would have someone to talk with," Tao said, puffing his cheeks. Baekhyun tried hard to ignore them as he continued on munching on his sandwich while reading a book. It was a hard ordeal though because he could practically see his friends looking at him from his lateral view. Still, he acted unaffected and focused on the book in his hands.

"Why won't you guys talk with each other then? I bet Chaeyeon doesn't even want to talk to you two," Minseok said and when Baekhyun thought that the boy was trying to help him, he continued, "But I actually miss her. It's been days since she joined us." Rolling his eyes, he shifted on his seat.

"Why haven't I seen her, anyway? Is she busy?" Luhan purposely asked, although if there was someone who knows the girl's whereabout the most, it's gotta be him. How? Well, let's just say, he has sources.

"Probably not." Jongdae shook his head.

"Probably she's still isn't comfortable to join us yet." Tao pouted. "And I wonder why?" He glanced at Baekhyun's way and the latter didn't even show any reaction as he sat back there, fighting the urge to blow up in annoyance.

"Oh yes, of course. Poor Chaeyeon." Minseok sighed, shaking his head. 

"What do you think, Baekhyun?" Of course Luhan had just to taunt him more. 

Grumbling, he replied, "Think of what?"

"Oh you know. You live with Chaeyeon right? You should know at least what she's up to." Luhan nonchalantly said, shrugging. But Baekhyun knew better than to answer his question because he was sure that Luhan was purposely tormenting him.

With a shrug he said, "I don't know. Do I look like someone who'd care?" Baekhyun finally glanced their way and he regretted it a little when he found his friends looking directly at him, with a growing smirk on Luhan's lips, irking him.

"Well, yeah. Maybe you're right. I should just ask Yixing then. I haven't spoken with that guy for quite some time now," Luhan said, turning to the other three who was obviously keeping in their snorts in as Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Right. Minseok ah, don't you think we should invite those two at our upcoming soccer game?"

Minseok seemed to think for a little, looking over at Baekhyun as if wanting to ask something but quickly turning to Luhan, smiling. "Sure, why not. I don't think anyone's gonna complain if they go together anyway." 

Their conversation continued on as Jongdae and Tao asked the two boys if they could come too, with the other two teasing them about thinking about letting them come. Even if the conversation slightly stirred away from Baekhyun, they would always find a way to get in Baekhyun's nerves. The other boy on the other hand just decided to block them out even if it was really a futile effort. 

But soon, he found everything turning silent as he glanced out the window and saw her, finding himself frowning deeper when he saw her laughing and beside her walking was Zhang Yixing. 

 

 

It was already time for dinner and oddly, both his parents and brother were present to join them. He wasn't really sure whether to be glad that they got to eat together because the past few days, he had been eating in his room, trying to avoid that certain girl, which to his surprise one time when they happen to cross paths in the house, find out that she was trying to get out of his way too. For some unknown weird reason though, he doesn't know whether to be relieved or to be vexed by it. He decided to conclude that the reason why he wasn't completely relieved was because of his friends guilt-trip on him which was successful as the girl's ignorance of him makes him bothered.

After so many days after his music presentation, he had to sit in one table with her again. Awkward was an understatement to their situation and the three other people noticed the more tensed atmostphere.

"Is something wrong with you two?" Mrs. Byun asked, glancing at the two who sat opposite each other. The dinner had began twenty minutes ago but the two hadn't uttered a word. The two who seemed to be too immersed in their own thoughts hadn't heard it and Mrs. Byun turned to her husband who sighed, looking at his son.

"Baekhyun," he called and the boy snapped out of his thoughts, turning to his father.

"Neh abeoji?"

"Did something happen in university? Why are you two so quiet?" Mr. Byun asked and Baekhyun side glanced at Chaeyeon who seemed to notice that Mr. Byun was actually talking to the both of them as she also looked at his father.

Trying to look nonchalant, he replied, "Nothing." The two elders was suspicious but seeing that neither would talk and tell them what was wrong, dismissed it.

"Ok. But remember we're always here if you want someone to talk to, okay?" Mrs. Byun said with a motherly smile and the two teenagers smile smally and nodded.

"I bet he's just having unnecessary stress because of his classes." Baekbeom reasoned out and Baekhyun glared his way. Baekbeom grinned. "Just saying." 

After a minute or so of silence between the two, Baekbeom trying to strike up a conversation with the two, and with the elders exchanging a look then a nod, Mrs. Byun called their attention again. "Kids." This time, they heard and looked up to the lady of the house. "I have an announcement to make." She looked at her husband again who gave her another nod. "Son, you remember Mrs. Im, right?"

Baekhyun wondered for a moment before nodding. "I think? The one from Busan? Why?" He asked, not really interested but asked for the sake of it.

"Well, her oldest daughter is getting married next week, and they invited us over for a week long vacation before the wedding during the weekend."

"But we have university. I think I'll just pass that up. Please just say my greetings for them," Baekhyun said nonchalantly until he realized something making him sit still on his seat as his mother nodded, as if expecting that.

"I thought so and I'm really not telling you two to come with us. What I'm saying is that your brother would also be coming with us so you two will be left alone in the house--"

"EOMMA!" Baekhyun whined even before his mother could finish while Chaeyeon's eyes slightly widened in surprise as she stared at Mrs. Byun who slightly frowned at her son. He groaned when he was reprimanded for shouting. "But mom, how could you leave us alone? I mean, how can you leave two teenagers alone in one house?!"

"Why, son? It's not like you two are going to do something not-so teenagery right?" Mr. Byun said his eyebrows up and the two felt their face turning warm.

"Of course not! But still! You can't leave us. No. Andwae." Baekhyun shook his head stubbornly like a kid and Chaeyeon who had looked his way already found herself biting down a smile because of how childish and cute he looked at the same time, something she had seen for the first time.

"C'mon, Baekhyun. Don't be such a kid." Baekbeom said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm not being a kid, hyung!" Baekhyun whined more. "What I'm saying is that, we can't be together for a week alone in the house." Baekhyun tried to reason out.

"Geez, just say that you can't keep your hor--"

"HYUNG!" Baekhyun glared at his brother's way and Baekbeom shrugged with a smirk. 

The two elders decided to stop the two brothers as Mrs. Byun said, "C'mon, son. You know Mrs. Im is a very good friend of ours. They had been great people to us when we go there for vacation too and right now, they are only asking us for a small favor. It's not even a favor but something that'll benefit us too. We've been too stressed out in work and this short get-away could really help us. And it's not like we couldn't trust you two right?" Mrs. Byun gave the two a look and Baekhyun grumbled under his breath.

"Of course you can. But I--" But I can't stand to be with her alone for a week. He stopped himself from saying as he knew that what he said to the girl days ago hadn't been forgiven yet, not that he cared, but his conscience does. Biting his tongue, he returned to his food. "Whatever," he mumbled.

"That's great then." Mrs. Byun smiled before turning to Chaeyeon. "It's okay for you, right, Chaeyeoni?" Chaeyeon gulped, hesitating but the hopeful looks that the two elders gave her made it unable for her to say no so she slightly smiled and nodded.

"Neh, imo."

"Thank you, Chaeyeonni," Mrs. Byun said, smiling at the girl who returned a small smile.

The dinner soon ended and with the two ladies in the house cleaning up the table, the boys had walked out the dining room. Mr. Byun took over the couch and watched TV while the two brothers walked up to their rooms. Before Baekhyun could enter his room, Baekbeom had called him and he turned to face his brother who gave him a cheeky grin.

"Look at that bro. You get to spend one week alone with a girl like Chaeyeon," he said, teasing and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Right. I would change positions with you if I could."

"Oh yeah? Wanna bet?" Baekbeom said folding his arms over his chest, a smirk on his lips.

Baekhyun knew he should've just ignored his brother but he found himself leaning on the wall beside his door and prompting his brother to continue. "What?"

Baekbeom smirked, shrugging a little. "Just easy." Baekbeom took a step closer to him and Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at his brother. "If, by any chance, you start feeling anything for her besides hate, then I win." Baekhyun almost laughed out if he hadn't stopped himself.

"Hyung, that is so funny, you know?" Baekhyun said, trying to surpress his laughter but failing as he coughed a few laughs.

"Well, let's see about that?" Baekbeom said confidently and Baekhyun rolled his eyes with a smirk. 

"Sure yeah. I bet I'll win. What's the exchange then? There should be something, right?" 

"Let me think. Treating one another is too mainstream." Baekbeom said, shaking his head. "How about one would grant any wish from the other? Anything. And you couldn't say no." 

Baekhyun his lips in thought. He shouldn't even worry because he was confident that he'll win the bet but knowing his brother, and having a bet with him was quite hard as his brother always win when it comes to bets between them. He might be the best when it comes to academics between them but count on his brother when it comes to bets.

Noticing the hesitatance with his brother, he smirked. "Why, Baek? Not too confident now?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Of course not. Sure. Deal. I'm sure I'll win." Baekhyun shrugged and Baekbeom's lips curled at a corner.

"Ok then. We'll see the winner by the wedding then. Anyway, you guys are going then." 

"Yeah sure. But how would you even know if I actually feel something else than hate for her, not like it's possible but yeah?"

Baekbeom shrugged. "I know when I see it. But you aren't afriad of being embarrassed, right, Baek?" Baekbeom teased and Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow up. Baekbeom grinned, patting his brother on the arm. "Oh well. Good night then, bro. Prepare yourself by the end of the week, oh?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes as his brother turned and walked towards his room.

As soon as his brother entered his room, he turned to face his door but stopped when he saw Chaeyeon going up at the stairs. He felt his confidence faltering a little but scoffed a little later. "As if. I'm sure I'll win. That's right Baekhyun. Show your brother you are no loser when it comes to bets." He told himself before turning around and entering his room.

 

 

It was finally the day his parents and brother was too leave. They loaded the taxi with their luggage since they couldn't bring their car because no one would drive it back to their house, not trusting Baekhyun with the car yet. Baekhyun and Chaeyeon stood at the front of the gate but with a safe distance as they finished loading the vehicle. The two elders faced them with a smile.

"You two will be okay, right?" Mrs. Byun said and Baekhyun fought the urge to roll his eyes. They both nodded their heads. "Great. I left new groceries and money to last you two a week. I'll see you two on Sunday, okay?" Mrs. Byun said and they, having really no other option, nodded. After a few more words his parents got in the taxi while Baekbeom lagged behind.

"So bro, don't forget our bet, okay?" Baekbeom said in a soft voice so that only his brother could hear and subconsciously, Baekhyun found himself side glancing at Chaeyeon.

"Yeah. Don't worry. Prepare being a slave, oh?" Baekhyun said, smiling mischievously and the other scoffed before he turned to Chaeyeon.

"Chae." The girl looked at him and smiled a little. "Take care, okay? Don't get too close with any puppy, okay? It might bite you." Baekbeom grinned and Baekhyun tried hard not to glare a this brother as he understood what he meant. Chaeyeon blinked, her eyebrows knitting in confusion and Baekbeom chuckled a little. "Nothing. I'm kidding." 

"Oh." Chaeyeon said, smiling. 

"Baekbeom, we have to go!" His parents called and Baekbeom hollered a 'wait a minute' before turning to the two young adults.

"I'll see you two on Sunday then. Take care, okay? Let me share a secret though." Baekbeom said, gesturing the two to come closer to him and though hesitating, Baekhyun had been pulled by the arm by his brother. "Having the house to yourself once in a while is also fun, so make the best out of it." Baekbeom said, winking while Baekhyun rolled his eyes at him and Chaeyeon embarrassedly nodded. "Good. See ya kids," he said before turning on his heel and as he walked by his brother, he whispered, "Hwaiting."

Baekhyun playfully shove his brother who laughed. Soon the taxi drove off and they stood there until it was too far. Silence covered them as they stood there. With the coldness seeping in, he ly to come face to face with Chaeyeon. It had been long since they actually shared eye contact for too long and it made Baekhyun feel odd before he rolled his eyes and walked past her but stopped before he could step further inside the gate.

"I don't really know what you think of this whole thing but let me just tell you something." Baekhyun turned and Chaeyeon waited for him to continue with her eyes innocently staring back at him. He cleared his throat before saying, "This is still my house, so my rules, got it?" Without waiting for her reply, he his heels and weirdly, he felt his stomach twisting. Shaking the feeling off, he entered the house, not looking forward for the week to come.


A/N:

Hi chingus! How are you all doing? Sorry for the late update but I hope you liked this chapter although nothing too exciting happened. Please wait for the upcoming chapters though. What do you think would happen through the whole week with only the two of them alone in one house? I'm looking forward to it. Kekeke. See you! ;)

Oh, I know that probably, most of you guys haven't still gotten over the Baekhyun-Taeyeon dating issue but I hope that you aren't leaving Baekhyun for it. I mean, I know it hurts. It really does and I know it because I felt it too but I hope we could be all mature enough to accept it. Our Baekhyun needs us so I hope we can stay by his side forever. Let's also not believe all the rumours going around because we couldn't be sure what is real and what is not. Thank you! :)