04

I'm Yours

Byun Baekhyun stood outside the men's comfort room beside the lockers as he waited for Tao. It was already dismissal so there were quite a lot of students walking around the corridors, putting things in their lockers before going home. He didn't mind any of them though some eyes glanced to his way as they passed by. He checked his wrist watch and grunted. 

"How long does that guy need to use the toilet?"

He let out a sigh before looking up, his sight landing on a familiar face. He tried to ignore it, since that was really what he would usually do and should do, but his eyes found its way back to her as boys surrounded her at the end of the corridor, near the staircase. They knew those boys because they were popular jocks in school but the kind where they got popular because of really bad reputation. Not the kind of popular like Luhan and his friends, no, definitely not. They are known as bullies, those who pick on kids and weak-looking students around and outside the university. Once you catch their attention, they wouldn't stop you until they get what they want. And right now, they had set eyes on a new target.

Park Chaeyeon.

It already didn't come to a surprise to him, actually. The girl was popular, immensely popular for her beautiful features, as described by other students. But she wasn't only known for that. She was known to be really nice, soft-spoken, and just really really nice. The kind of nice where she couldn't even step on little bugs. Well, maybe that was exaggeration but the students were that exagerrated.

That was not the point though. His eyes narrowed to the scene as the leader of the group, named, Heejun, stepped closer to her and she slightly cower back but still put on that smile of hers. It was obvious that she was uncomfortable, that she already want to leave, but looking at how she was practically cornered by them, it wasn't an easy ordeal. 

He closed his eyes for a while, trying to ignore it, telling himself over and over to not involve himself in her business. But the thing was, his mind didn't cooperate very well and he found himself groaning before pushing himself off of the wall and walking towards them. He was brought up by his parents, being taught to treat girls right and that if he had to help somebody, then he should step up, and he told himself that it was that that brought him to them. Trying to help a girl he doesn't even want to get acquianted with.

He cleared his throat but none of them seemed to notice him so he said, "Excuse me but you're blocking the way." The four boys, including Chaeyeon finally looked up to him and his eyes met hers, which widened in surprise. He suddenly felt himself actually getting embarrassed because he was supposed to hate her and now he was there, putting his reputation on stake. He shrugged of the feeling and diverted his look to the man who had a dirty smirk on his lips, glowering him down since he was almost six feet tall, towering his hundred and seventy-four centimeters height. But it didn't even make him take a step back in fear or even look away. He just wore his usual stoic expression which he knew irked them.

"Oh look who we have here. Isn't this our popular nerd Byun Baekhyun?" Heejun snickered. By then, all of the four boys attention was on him and he thought of it as a good timing to tell Chaeyeon in the eyes to leave but the boy in front of him just had to open up his big mouth. "Look, we're in the middle of," he threw an arm around Chaeyeon's shoulder as she pulled her to his side and it made Baekhyun's hand clench as her face registered shock and fear at the same time. "...talking with our campus' Princess here." He was moving his hand dangerously up and down Chaeyeon's arm and he had to hold himself back not to throw the filthy guy's hand away because it was so not him to lose his temper on jocks like them and he definitely wouldn't want to get in trouble so he gave him a straight face, irritating the guy even more.

"What princess are you talking about?" He said, sounding so blunt that the four boys let out a laugh even though there was really no humor it what he said.

Chaeyeon uncomfortably stood there, trying to move but Heejun's hand kept her still, making it hard. 

"Guys, guys..." Heejun said, his laugh slowly stopping. "It's not really surprising, isn't it guys? This nerd doesn't have his eyes on any girl out there. Even actually rejecting all the girls who comes up to him, because he only loves his books. I won't be surprised if you marry your book one day, Byun Baekhyun." This made the other three laugh again but they didn't even get any reaction from him as he just stared at them until their laughs died down. He could see Chaeyeon looking at him with a concerned face but he couldn't really be sure. 

"Are you done?" He said as the boys wiped away the invisible tears at the corner of their eyes. 

"Oh gosh," Heejun said, his laugh completely gone but there was a smirk on his lips that Baekhyun wanted to rip off completely.

"I said, are you done? Because I'm in a hurry," he said more sternly and Heejun snarled at him.

"And you think you're so high now, huh? Just because Luhan and his followers decided to let you join and your petty panda friend too in their group?" It wasn't just how the jock's voice sounded so annoying in his ears that made his blood boil but the point that he called Luhan's friends, who are also his friends, followers of Luhan and called Tao a petty panda. Even if he would be sometimes mean to them, it doesn't mean that he didn't care for them, because to be honest, you could mess up with him, call him names but never ever bring his friends in. He could feel a throbbing pain in his head as he surpressed his anger. The way his hands also traveled down Chaeyeon's arm irked him too for no reason, and it just made him snap.

Without thinking, he held the boy's collar and pushed him to the wall and the suddenness of it caught the jock off guard, making him let go of Chaeyeon who stared in shock. 

"B-Baekhyun..." She called, seeing how Baekhyun's eyes bore holes in the boy's head. And surprisingly, he heard it, his grip loosening for a second before he tightened it again, realizing what he just did. The other three followers of Heejun was about to step up but Heejun held a hand up making them step back. 

They got into a staring contest as Baekhyun glared at him and he smirked. Of course he wasn't a complete idiot not to notice why Baekhyun really came there. And it made him more confident that Baekhyun wouldn't make a move to hurt him more than that.

"Guys, you take care of our Princess there--"

Baekhyun wasn't that oblivious too because compared to the idiot in front of him, he was smarter. "Go touch her. Hell I care. It's not me getting sent off the office anyway." He shrugged, a small smirk visible on his lips. Heejun scowled and Baekhyun was more than glad to know that he got him there. With a hard shove, he let go of him and stepped back. "Let me tell you this morons." Baekhyun spared the three guy's face a look as they ran to their leader's side. "You go look at the mirror to see who looks like followers here. And," he looked at Heejun, a smirk on his lips as he continued, "...look at who looks more petty." With that, he took a hold of Chaeyeon's wrist and pulled her away.

Everything happened so fast that when they reached an empty corridor, they were quite in a daze. Chaeyeon was catching her breath after being dragged two more floors up the building. Her wrist was still held tightly around Baekhyun's hand and she bit her lower lip, not knowing whether she should just pull her hand away or not because it felt good having his warmth around her wrist but at the same time, his grip was actually too tight that she knew that her blood circulation to her hand was already being affected.

"B-Baekhyun-ssi," she said in such a soft voice and Baekhyun turned around to look at her and the annoyed expression on his face knew she had made him hate her even more. Gulping, she said, "M-my...wrist." Baekhyun's eyes turned to his hand that was connected to her wrist and he immediately let go. Chaeyeon felt the lost of warmth almost as fast as he let her go and she held her wrist, massaging it as she saw how red it was.

Silence surrounded them while Baekhyun stood a few feet in front of her, his side facing her and his head bent low as he tried to sort things in his mind but failing miserably. Chaeyeon on the other hand nervously chewed on the insides of her cheeks, thinking if it was okay that she would say something because looking at Baekhyun, he looked like he wouldn't want to listen to anything she says. Well, he always looked like it. She had to say it though so she said, "I...I'm sorry."

Baekhyun was stunned for a moment to hear her soft voice surround the quiet corridor. It slightly echoed and it gave him a weird feeling but he just shrugged it away. "I'm sorry for a while ago." She kept on saying sorry that it became so hard for him to actually say something snarky at her. He was angry, but not really because of her but because of Heejun's words towards his friends. He was mad at her, of course, it had always been there. 

Instead, he fixed his uniform and said, "Don't be sorry because I didn't do that for you. I've hated them before you even came along, I just had the urge to do that." He said so bluntly and Chaeyeon wondered if he really mean it as she looked him in the eyes. His eyes looked so empty, void of any feelings than annoyance so she let out a sigh and bent her head down.

"I know. Still, I'm sorry." Baekhyun watched her as those words slipped and he doesn't even know why he felt guilty when he heard her say she knows. He spun on his heels and walked towards the stairs before pausing taking a deep breath before shaking the thought away and walking off.

He almost forgot about Tao until he got home and his phone buzzed to a message.

"You left me Baek but thanks. You quite put on a great show there. ;)"

He groaned, dropping his body to the bed. He closed his eyes, trying to calm his nerves before staring at his ceiling. With Tao's text, he wasn't looking forward to going to university the next day.

 

 

Entering the university didn't bring him anything but annoyance. He heard so many people murmuring as he passed by when usually, they would just disregard him or look at him. He didn't need to ask what they were talking about because apparently, someone took a photo of the scene and posted it in the university's forum. It was Tao who texted him that night to check the forum and then there, he saw it. The picture received so many response and he didn't even want to go over them, knowing how it'll just contain nonsense. The photo was titled "The Nerd and The Princess are together?!" and he couldn't even tell what he should feel about it other than annoyed and mad. 

That night when the photo was posted, he sat in front of his desk, trying to focus on his school work but can't so he messed up his hair before standing up from his chair. As soon as he did, he walked over to his window to stare outside, trying to relax his mind when he noticed someone at the gate. His eyes squint and he doesn't even know why his anger rose up a level higher but felt...a different feeling of relief seeing her. Chaeyeon stood at their gate with Yixing and the boy ruffled her hair with a smile.

He pursed his lips tight, his eyebrows knitting in the middle unconsciously. He let out a huff of breath before he turned around on his heel, not really interested on seeing her flirting and walked out of his room, hunger taking over him. It was his time for dinner anyway. Ever since she came, his dinner time got messed up. He should be eating at seven in the evening but since she also ate around the same time, he tried avoiding it and eating later than it.

"Why am I even letting that newcomer look like she owns the house and not me?" He got this in mind when he walked out his room and walked down and heard the door opening once he got down the stairs. He ignored it and went over to the kitchen and prepared his food.

He knew he wasn't alone in the room when Chaeyeon stood at the doorway and stared at him. She just stood there and he doesn't even dare look up because he didn't want to see her. He never wanted to see her.

Getting uncomfortable, he said, "Can you stop staring and go? You're disturbing me." He risked a look and found her pursing her lips tightly but not moving. She looked perfectly fine but his eyes landed on her wrist because he knew that he had held her too tight and he worried that his mother would see and question her and worst, him. When he saw nothing, he was relieved before he returned his look to her and arched an eyebrow. "If you don't want to leave then I would." He stood up, and he saw Chaeyeon gasp at the corner of his eyes.

"No. Don't. I'm leaving. I...just want to say sorry again. I'm sorry for causing you trouble. I'll not let it...happen again. I'm sorry," she said, slightly bowing her head before leaving him alone.

He watched her back as she disappeared to the stairs and he slumped on his seat, letting out a soft groan. He hate it. He hate how she talk. He hate how she sound so innocent. He hate how she was so nice. He hate her. But he hate her more because she could let him feel soft towards her and that shouldn't even be.

He had been dwelling so much in his thoughts that he just felt a tap on his shoulder that made him look back and saw Jongdae grinning widely at him. He let out a loud sigh before saying, "Not now Jongdae. And no, it's not what you think."

Jongdae smirked, his grin growing wider as he said, "So you read minds now, Byun Baekhyun? Are you really that smart to even do that? What am I thinking, genius?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes, stopping by his locker before unlocking it.

"You're thinking about that picture on the forum. You were thinking why I was there and protected her when in fact I didn't. And no Jongdae. I don't read minds. I just know you." He looked at Jongdae as he said the last sentence, with a shrug and Jongdae faked a shock.

"Omo, look at this guy. Are you my stalker? How can you know me so well? You have a crush on me, don't you?" He playfully hit Baekhyun's shoulder making that other snort in disgust. Jongdae laughed at the former's reaction before grinning. "But really Baek. As far as I know, you hate her. You despise her to be more precise. Let's say you didn't go there to protect her from those idiots, then why were you there?" Jongdae arched an eyebrow at him and Baekhyun continued with what he was doing, because he knew one reaction would rise more questions and Jongdae wouldn't stop asking him even if he said the truth.

"I was brought up treating girls right and helping people in need. I just did what my parents wanted me to do." Baekhyun was so blunt and straight, his voice was not shaking at all which Jongdae was waiting for. He was very attentive of any stutter Baekhyun would make but the latter was too firm on his words although he knew it was not just that, he could just see it. He just made an 'o' before saying, "I guess so. Your mom wouldn't really like it when--" Baekhyun clasped a hand on his mouth making Jongdae smirk before Baekhyun glared at him. "Keep it down, you tut." Baekhyun let go of his mouth and Jongdae shrugged with a mischievous smile Baekhyun knew quite well.

"I'm just playing with you, Baekhyun. You're too serious." Jongdae smirked again and Baekhyun rolled his eyes, shutting his locker. "Oh well. See ya' around Baek. And, you don't have to worry so much about Chaeyeon. Luhan has her back," he winked at him and Baekhyun fought hard to not snicker at him. They walked off to different direction. Jongdae's words played in his mind and somehow it gave him ambiguous feeling which he shouldn't. He should feel nothing. If anything, it would be annoyance and anger. But no. It gave him a sense of relief but also another feeling which made his chest a little heavy before he shook his head, trying to shake the unwanted feeling away.

"Worry? Not in a million years, Kim Jongdae."

 

 

The day compared to any other days were getting to his nerves. It wasn't just the constant murmurs from the students as he passed by but how girls and boys alike would approach him and ask what is his relation to their 'princess' which he would answer with a blunt, "Nothing," before walking away. He knew they would pester him more if he let himself stay any longer than necessary. Some guys were also messing up with him. They would bump him in the hallways and pretend to be sorry. He was getting full of it but he tried to keep calm and ignore them. Because he was good at that. It had been so long since the student body actually paid attention to him and it disturbed him because he didn't want anyone's attention. 

Nibbling on his lower lip, a thought came to him, making him grip his pen. "This is her fault. She ruined--"

"Mr. Byun?" He snapped out of his trance as Tao poked him with a pen while his classmates threw him looks and smirks. His professor was now looking at him, an eyebrow up and he gulped.

"Yes sir?" He said, sitting up straight.

His professor gave him a pointed look before pointing to the board. "Who said this famous line?" He looked at the board and saw an English quotation written.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. 

He knew the answer but his eyes read the quote over and over again until the professor called his attention once again before he looked up to him and answered, "Lao Tzu." His professor gave him a reprimanding look before saying, "Very well said, Mr. Byun. But don't let your mind fly off to somewhere, or someone else." 

"Y-Yes, sir." As soon as his professor looked around, he felt how his classmates might be laughing at him now and snarling at him. He closed his eyes, ignoring all the looks before he clenched his hand. 

The class soon ended and one classmate of his said, "Nice one there nerd. Were you dreaming about the princess? How bad because you wouldn't even stand a chance." Those who heard his comment laughed while Tao glared at them.

"Shut the crap off and leave." The guy scowled before they all left the room, leaving them alone. He was still known as a wushu player so they still feared him. He turned to Baekhyun and found him stuffing his things inside his bag. "Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly because obviously, he wasn't okay.

"Nothing was ever okay when she came, okay? I hate her. This is all her fault, you know? I just want her out of my life." Tao could hear the anger in his voice but he also knew his friend too well to say that he didn't mean all he said. He was just too angry with how others started pestering him that he even vent his anger out on Chaeyeon who barely did anything.

"C'mon bro. Don't let them get into you. You're better than this." Tao gave him a wide smile and a wriggling eyebrows and he heaved a deep sigh, slinging his bag over his shoulders.

He didn't say a word as they both stood up and left for the door and left for the cafeteria. He knew it wasn't the smartest place to go with the situation but if he would show that he was affected by them, then it would just make them feel high of themselves. When they entered the cafeteria, those who noticed them turned their way and snickered, whispering this to each other. He ignored them as Tao tried to distract him by telling a random story. They lined up for food and he was more than glad to be able to buy without anyone pestering them.

As soon as they left to look for a table though, they found how the whole place was crowded, there were no available table but a hand waved up in the air and they saw Minseok smiling at them.

"Tao, Baekhyun-ah, here!" He was actually a little relieved to find a table but he knew he wouldn't get away from their questions. But they were easy to handle anyway so it was okay. That was until they approached the table and noticed another presence and his breath was caught in his throat as Luhan and Chaeyeon sat beside each other, Luhan teaching her something about a subject. Jongdae, Minseok and Tao noticed the sudden tension as they exchanged glances before Jongdae tapped his fingers in front of Luhan and Luhan looked up to him who nodded to Tao and Baekhyun who looked away from them.

"Oh, Tao, Baek. C'mon join us," Luhan said and it was then that Chaeyeon looked up and saw Baekhyun's piercing gaze.

He was slowly losing his patience and actually thought of leaving but there was sometihng in Luhan's face as he looked at him that was as if challenging him and he wasn't someone to back down so he sat in front of Luhan at the table which had been officially for the populars ever since Luhan and his friends sat there before. Tao was a little surprised that Baekhyun just sat like that and he turned to Jongdae and Minseok who shrugged with a small smile before he settled down opposite Minseok.

"By the way, you don't mind Chaeyeon joining us, right?" Luhan said, looking at Baekhyun and Baekhyun almost gripped on his utensils tight but calmed himself before looking up and shrugged, his stoic expression on his face.

"It's not my table to start of with so whatever floats your boat." Luhan smiled but it was a smile that obviously meant something and Baekhyun completely read it.

"Good then. We'll all be the best lunch buddies, right guys?" Luhan said, smiling to all of them, looking at Chaeyeon last who nervously smiled before nodding but her eyes landed a second long on Baekhyun before she looked down on her notes again and Luhan smirked.


A/N: PLEASE READ! :)

HELLO PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! WASSUPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Yey I got to update! How's it? Please tell me :3 I like to hear your opinion so I know whether I had to change anything or fix anything. Also, I don't really say this but, I really get more energized to update when I see comments. I mean, don't you all writers feel so? Well... It's up to you guys. I'm just happy you are still here with me. ^^

LET ME SPAZZ. OHMYGOSHHHHHH DID YOU SEE EXO'S PICTURES FROM THE LOST PLANET CONCERT?! ASDFGHJKL THEY ALL LOOK SO PERFECT. DON'T YOU GUYS THINK TOO? BAEKHYUN IS SO FCKING HANDSOME AND HIS VOICE AND PIANO SKILLS IS SO PERFECT. KYAAAAAAAAHAIIIIIIIII LUHAN'S ABS. DID YOU SEE IT?!?! DID YOU DID YOU?!?!?! ARE YOU ALL STILL OK? YOU'RE NOSE ISN'T BLEEDING RIGHT? IM DYING HERE THO LOL JOKING ASIDE. OUR BOYS DID SO WELL IN THE CONCERT AND THEY DESERVE ALL THE CHEERS AND FANCHANTS FROM THE FANS. AND THE SILVER OCEAN. IT WAS SO PERFECT /cries I WANT TO BE PART OF IT SOMEDAY. ><

Sorry for that spazzing lol

HERE'S THE REVOLUTION OF LUHAN'S ABS FOR YOU ALL. *wink*