03

I'm Yours

Monday came and like always, on a school day did Baekhyun got up when his alarm rang. He quickly grabbed his towel and walked to the bathroom to take a bath. As he got out though, he came across Chaeyeon who obviously just took a bath with her hair still damp. Even with her hair still in disarray after having washed, she still looked beautiful, her skin actually shimmering under the light. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Chaeyeon snapped out of it and bowed slightly. 

"Good morning," she greeted and Baekhyun blinked twice, breaking out his trance before looking away and walking to the bathroom without a word. 

As soon as he got in, he closed and locked the door, leaning on it. He closed his eyes to relax. "How could I forget..." He thought to himself but quickly pushed the matter to the back of his mind before beginning with his morning routine. Soon after taking a shower, he went to change into his casual university attire before going down to the dining room. 

Unlike usual, he found someone else sitting on the table, eating. Chaeyeon looked up feeling his presence before she nodded in acknowledgement. Baekhyun, like always, ignored her before going to the refrigerator to grab a drink. He walked past the table to walk out of the area, not in the mood to be eating breakfast after seeing her. Chaeyeon watched him go before saying, "Aren't you going to eat your breakfast?"

Baekhyun stopped in his step before continuing. "I'm not hungry." It didn't take him long before he was out the house and on his way to the university. 

The ride was the same and he couldn't wait just to get into their university and sit on his seat and bother Tao. It was something that he hoped would remain constant as everything was turning different after the newcomer's arrival, although it didn't sound right and downright mean but Tao was actually used to it, immuned actually, and was pretty good himself at pissing the other off in return with any chance given. You can say they were even. Arriving to his classroom, he saw Tao sitting on his seat, reading through some music sheet. 

He dropped to his seat before turning to look at Tao who looked up to greet him. "Yo." Baekhyun heaved out a big sigh. "Thank you." Tao raised an eyebrow at the latter confused. "Thank you for what?" He said, a smirk to his lips.

"Just. I hate being at home," he groaned and Tao stifled a laugh.

"I'm not surprised," he replied and Baekhyun snorted.

"Everything is so not the same since she came. I just...want her away, okay?" Tao shook his head, sighing.

"While you continue hating on her, all the guys are falling for her." 

"I don't care, bro. She could get all the boys she want and I wouldn't even give a about it." Baekhyun was being so harsh and Tao know it and even if he was not agreeing with him, he was amused because the Baekhyun he is seeing now is someone new in some sense.

"If you don't care, you wouldn't even talking about her, Baek." Baekhyun narrowed his eyebrows at Tao who shrugged at him. 

"What are you trying to say?" He said, raising an eyebrow and Tao smirked. He was left hanging when the classroom suddenly turned quiet and they both tilted their head to see what happened. Turns out that Chaeyeon just came in and so many boys were at her tail. Baekhyun rolled his eyes before slumping on his seat. "What is happening to the world?"

 

 

Break time came and the two entered the cafeteria. Grabbing their trays and falling in line, they saw Luhan's group walking towards their direction and Tao raised his hand up to wave. "Yo man," Luhan greeted.

"What's up?" Minseok said smiling wide.

"Hey," Baekhyun said, smiling back.

"Are you eating in the cafeteria today? You guys should just join us," Jongdae said and the other two, Luhan and Minseok, nodded their heads. Tao looked at Baekhyun expectantly and Baekhyun looked back, inwardly sighing and Tao cheered inside.

"Sure, we'll join you guys," Tao replied, too enthusiastic. 

They then fell in line, talking about random things to pass time until they were able to get their meal and leave for a table. Baekhyun weren't too close with them but it was safe to say that they were able to grow in him already and they were good as friends. What he just didn't like whenever they were with them were the looks thrown their way. Although it was of affection, it still freaked him out. 

Settling on a table, they began with their food. All of them are from the performing arts department, all majoring in music but Luhan and Minseok was a year ahead while Jongdae was the same as them. That was also the reason why even with all the argument that happened before with Sehun and Eun Jung, they were still able to connect well. Luhan and Minseok belongs to the soccer team though, both being a star player of their university.

"Have you guys heard of the new girl? I heard she's in some of your classes," Jongdae said, looking up from his food to them and Baekhyun cringe.

"Don't tell me you're also interested in her?" Baekhyun said and Jongdae shrugged, a little grin on his lips.

"You sound so bitter, Baek," Luhan teased and Baekhyun's eyes rounded to him.

"No way!" He said, making the others smirk and chuckle.

"Let me tell you guys something. This guy here hates that girl so much I'm starting to think that he's actually jealous because the girl is prettier than him," Tao said earning a smack on the back from Baekhyun who was fuming.

"I'm not jealous and no in earth am I thinking that I'm prettier than her. And I'M STRAIGHT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!" Baekhyun almost screamed, earning another round of laughter from the four guys. "Can you guys cut it? You're disgusting me off," he mumbled turning to his food.

"Then tell me why do you hate her so much?" Minseok said, pointing his chopsticks to him. Baekhyun stopped eating and wet his lips. The four males were looking intently on him, waiting for an answer he himself isn't sure of.

"I hate her because..." He gulped. What is he supposed to say...? He knew he hate her to a extent but he doesn't know why, even with multiple reasons he could blurt out that moment, it was all stuck in his throat. He was saved though from answering when Jongdae suddenly said, "Oh, she's here!" The three other boys turned their heads to look while he tried hard not to face palm himself. 

"Should we invite her over? Looks like boys are trying to pester her again," Tao said thoughtfully and Baekhyun snapped his head to him.

"Don't even try," his voice was with threat but Tao didn't even care as he waved his hand, and called her. Baekhyun groaned, fist landing on the table with a thud and Luhan watched him in interest.

The said girl soon came over though, bowing slightly in greeting. "You know me, right? I'm from your first class and well, other classes too," Tao said with a large grin.

"Ah... Yes, Tao, am I right?" She said softly smiling and Tao almost beamed. Before he could say anything though, Jongdae immediately took the spotlight and put his hand out. 

"By the way, I'm Kim Jongdae but you can call me Chen. We aren't classmate in any subject unfortunately but we can be lunch buddies, right?" The other four guys snorted quietly at how lame Chen sounded but he didn't even notice it.

"Hi. I'm--" Before she could continue though, Jongdae cut her off with a sweet smile.

"Chaeyeon, of course. You're pretty popular, you know?" She awkwardly smiled before they shook hands. Her eyes landed on Baekhyun whose back faced her. She bit her lower lip, a thought bugging her again. Luhan noticed her looking at Baekhyun and a small smirk reached his lips.

"Jongdae, you can let go of her now," Luhan said and Jongdae smiled at her before turning to Luhan and sticking his tongue out.

"Sorry about him but let me introduce myself." Luhan stood up and approached her, earning the whole cafeteria's attention. It had been long that they saw their soccer star player talking to a girl without any necessity and it made all girls' heart ache while the boys' fists' to clench. Chaeyeon wasn't aware of any of it though, as she just knew them then. "I'm Luhan, music major and soccer team player. I'm pleased to meet you Chaeyeon." Luhan reached for her hand making Chaeyeon's heart jump in surprise. She couldn't deny that this boy holding her was so handsome and too pretty to the point she thought that he was even prettier than any girl she had seen. 

That moment though, Baekhyun had suddenly stood up from his seat, making all of them turn to him in surprise. His chest was heaving up and down and Tao raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you okay?" Baekhyun took a moment of silence before turning around to face Luhan and Chaeyeon who was startled at how hard his stare was. "I'm going to the restroom." He spun on his heels and left the other four baffled with his actions while the other secretly smirked before turning his attention back to the girl.

"Forgive my friend's action but would you like to join us?" 

Baekhyun didn't return after that trip to the bathroom though and went straight to his next class. He wouldn't dare share a lunch table with that girl, even in a million years. It was also annoying how all of his friends seemed to be allured to her. He let out a dry laugh when something came to his mind and even if it wasn't good to be judgemental, it didn't even cross his mind when he muttered, "Wow, so she's playing that game. Unbelievable."

 

 

His last class for the day ended and he was more than glad to get out of his room, especially that Tao wouldn't stop pestering him. "You still haven't answered me why you didn't comeback earlier," Tao said as he slung his bag over his shoulder.

"It nothing, okay? I don't want to come back because I don't want to share a lunch table with that girl." Tao watched him and smirked. He muttered something and Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at him. "What did you say?" Tao grinned and shook his head and he rolled his eyes.

The two of them walked out the room a minute later. They were already on the gate when Baekhyun's eyes found a certain girl walking side by side with a guy, and for the first time, he actually saw her smile, like genuinely, and it just stunned him even if he didn't want to admit it.

"Baek, are you even listening to what I'm saying?" Tao frowned when he noticed Baekhyun not listening already but staring off to some place. Curiously, he tilted his head to see what caught the smart Baekhyun's attention and he actually beamed. "Oh it's Chaeyeon! But wait, is she just with Zhang Yixing?" Tao's brows furrowed and Baekhyun rolled his eyes when Chaeyeon suddenly turned their direction and their eyes made contact.

Zhang Yixing is one of the famous dancers in their university. He's Chinese, like Tao and Luhan. He wasn't an exchange student unlike Luhan and pretty much have a different personality compared to the latter. He was known as the 'angel dancer', as cheesy as it sounds. But that was not the point. Baekhyun's eyes hardened at the sight of her.

"Wow, is Yixing gege into her, too?" Tao said as his eyes stared at the two figure as they conversed too comfortably, as if she wasn't even a transfer in the first place. "If I know, she's just luring him in," he heard Baekhyun snort and his eyes widened. "Yah! That's mean."

He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "Not when it's true." Tao frowned at him and shook his head, his face slowly forming a pout and he groaned. "Don't try aegyo on me Huang Zi Tao because it's not working." 

What he didn't expect was when Tao actually shouted, "Chaeyeon! Yixing gege!" His head snapped up to look at his friend who stuck his tongue out on him. The two people called looked at their direction and Yixing waved, smiling good-naturedly. Baekhyun was actually left when Tao came jogging towards the two and he inwardly groaned. Chaeyeon looked at him though and wondered what was wrong but when the said boy threw her a glare, her eyesbrows knitted in the middle before he saw him walking off.

 

 

It was dinner time but like always, it was only the two of them home. As much as he didn't want to go down and inevitably encounter her, his grumbling stomach couldn't take it any longer. He got up from his chair, leaving his homework open before walking out his door. He was quiet and cautious. He grunted because it was his house for goodness sake and he was acting as if he was breaking in someone else's place. Groaning, he walked down the staircase but was a little startled when he saw Chaeyeon walking up the stairs also.

They both stopped as they noticed each other's presence. Baekhyun's face stayed stoic as their eyes stayed on each others. Baekhyun took a step to the side and Chaeyeon also did the same, making his eyebrows knit in the middle. He walked to the other side but again, the girl did the same and they did that for twice more before Baekhyun groaned in annoyance.

"Can't you just move away?" Baekhyun said and Chaeyeon flinched at the way his voice sounded. Baekhyun took that chance to walk past her but stopped midway when she heard her say, "Are you okay?"

Baekhyun looked over his shoulders and saw her looking at him. He looked forward and snorted. "Okay? Nothing is okay since you came." Chaeyeon winced and even Baekhyun got surprised with what he said. He didn't let himself be fazed and left the girl biting on her lower lip hard.

 

 

Days went by with nothing interesting. After days of living with the newcomer, he already made a conclusion of just ignoring her and pretend that she wasn't even there, and he was doing just fine, unless his friends started to pester him again about her because unfortunately Tao actually blurted out carelessly how the girl was living with him.

"It's just for a semester! I'd trade my place for any of you anytime. And please don't fcking tell it to anybody or you guys are gonna pay for it," he kept on saying but his friends just won't stop telling him how lucky he is. "Lucky my ," he would mutter.

It was until Friday came and it was time to go home when he found Chaeyeon with the said Yixing guy again. That time though, he only didn't have Tao with him to annoy the hell out of him but the other three guys who, unfortunately, added "annoying Baekhyun" as one of their hobbies.

"Oh look look. Isn't that Chaeyeon and Yixing?" Jongdae said a little too girly for Baekhyun's ears.

"Are they an item now?" Minseok said, a smirk on his lips.

"They look close though. Maybe they are dating?" Luhan said, raising his brows.

"Or maybe they are already together! Oh damn one lucky guy!" Tao said with a low groan and Baekhyun almost clamped his hands to his ears to just block out the noise from his friends.

"Don't you guys have anything better to say? Damn my ears' going to bleed because of you guys," Baekhyun grumpily said and Luhan cocked an eyebrow with a mischievous grin.

"Then how about we talk about why you've not gotten yourself a girl yet?" Baekhyun glared at the Chinese guy.

"No thanks. Studies before love is my priority, unlike you guys," he muttered. The other boys laughed at how Baekhyun looked so red from annoyance already.

"Studies my ." Jongdae stuck his tongue out and Baekhyun just snickered at him.

Baekhyun knew he shouldn't have looked but his eyes found its way and settled on Yixing and Chaeyeon's walking figure, already walking a few meters ahead of them. He can't help but agree at how they really do look good together but it's not like he really care. Someone cleared their throat and he broke out of his trance. 

"Aww, is our Baekhyunnie frowning?" Luhan teased and Baekhyun's mouth hung open in disbelief. It was only then that he noticed that he was indeed frowning and he put back his stoic face.

"Don't worry, it's still not too late~" Jongdae playfully sang and Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed at him before he understood what he meant and he rolled his eyes.

"Not in a fcking million years, Kim Jongdae."

 

 

Arriving home that evening, after being forced to hang out with the four dorks, his eyes almost can't believe what he was seeing. His eyes squint at Yixing who sat inside their living room and Chaeyeon sitting across him on the coffee table with papers and a laptop with them. The two seemed too busy to even notice his presence that when he shouted, "I'm home," that was the only time Yixing and Chaeyeon actually looked up.

"Oh, Byun Baekhyun, good evening. I didn't know you live here too?" Yixing said a little surprised as he looked at Chaeyeon and back to him.

"In fact I do. This is my house," he said trying to be discreet but in no avail.

Yixing was a little surprised with the sharp tone of his voice but let it go anyway and smiled. "I see. I'm sorry for suddenly showing up here." It was actually left ignored before his eyes landed on the other, who just looked up at him and smiled a little. "Hi?" 

His eyebrows creased in the middle as he tried to figure out what on earth was this girl doing bringing a boy home to his own house. 

"Oh, you're home." His head tilted to the doorway to the kitchen and saw his mother smiling. He walked to his mother and stood in front of her and it was evident that he was beyond annoyed. "Is something the matter?"

"Mom, why is that boy here?" He said in a hushed voice because even though he could just say it out loud, he just didn't have the heart because Yixing seemed to be really nice. Also, he quite knew him from a few classes he had with him before. His mom looked over his shoulder and softly smiled.

"Oh Yixing? Chaeyeon asked permission if he could come over because they have a work due on Monday and they're partners." His mom was smiling and it looked like he liked Yixing too at the way she stared at the two. "Are they like together?" His mom suddenly asked surprising him. "They look good together, actually." His mom added and he wanted to just storm out of the place and as much as he hated to admit it, he liked it better to be with his friends right then even if they were so annoying.

"Aren't you even going to ask if I've eaten dinner yet?" Baekhyun was so irritated and his mom seemed to just remember then.

"Oh right. Have you eaten dinner? And why are you late going home? It's already eight in the evening." Her mother's raised an eyebrow at him and he sighed out. 

"Thanks for asking mom but no, I'm not hungry. I already ate out with my friends. And also, taking in the time, that boy should be on his way home now," he said and whatever emotion showed in his voice, he couldn't careless because he was just so tired and the sight of the girl is adding up to his stress. "I'm going up to my room," he groggily said before he dragged himself to the stairs but he was not able to miss the soft laughter from the two people at the living room making him groan.

"What did I do wrong to deserve this?" He grumbled under his breath as he escaped to his room unable to watch and hear the two any longer.


A/N:

HELLO GUISE~

Yey, I'm back for a new chapter. Lol. What do you think of it? I'm sorry if Baekhyun is being a jerk but I promise you that he would soon be better. I also miss the bubbly and outgoing Baekhyun. Ahaha. We'll all see him soon so please wait for it. Anyway, until the next chapter, annyeong! :)