07

I'm Yours

It was already the day of his presentation. He sat inside the music room with other students. The front of the room had different instruments, making it look like a band was to perform.

Their professor has yet to arrive so most of the students were practicing their piece. Baekhyun on the other hand just sat on a chair, relaxing. He was nervous, of course, but he was more than prepared. He didn't like practicing before performances too except warming up his vocals.

What his piano teacher said still lingered in his mind even if he tried shrugging it off. He haven't had enough sleep last night due to practicing and thinking about what his professor said. It shouldn't even bother him, because he was sure he could do well without even considering that advice but for some reason, he can't help but think about it. After all, he aims for the best, for perfection, so if it could help him improve then why not? 

The problem was there's just no one he could dedicate the song to. Actually, there is, but he scratch the option out immediately after it crossed his mind. He wouldn't think of someone who he hates and more so dedicate it to her. He might just mess everything up than otherwise. It was just this morning that he thought of someone to sing to and somewhat, he found it a good option.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when the door opened and they turned their heads to see their professor together with two more professors who teaches in the music department go in. They stood up to greet them before they were immediately asked to sit down.

Their professor, Hyunwoo, took the mic on the front and did the introduction. "Good afternoon my dear students. So we are here for your monthly evaluation. I wouldn't make this long. I know you guys could do well so let's get it started. We'll do it on the order from the last month's evaluation ranking.  I have Mr. Kang and Ms. Im to evaluate with me so do your best. Everyone, hwaiting!" With that, their professor smiled and went to take his seat on the front row of the seats.

The first presenter, a boy with thick rimmed glasses who looked timid took the front, positioning himself in front of the microphone with his guitar hung on his shoulder. Baekhyun wasn't close with the said boy but he knew that he could do better if he would just be confident enough about his talent. Others also look down on him, maybe that is why he degrades himself more and lose his confidence. If only students wouldn't be too underestimating ad demeaning... Well, who is he to talk about being nice and courteous when he wasn't even so much as one himself? Funny.

The students went one by one, with some duos and bands performing. They were graded individually though they were in groups. An hour almost passed when the second to the last performers finished and bowed before walking back to their seats. 

"Byun Baekhyun," his professor called and Baekhyun stood up, calming his heart by taking a deep breath. He walked to the front of the class and bowed. The two other professors nodded with a smile while Hyunwoo had a mischievous smile on. He tried to just ignore it and took the seat in front of the piano. He stretched his fingers on the keys, relaxing before fixing the mic to position it near his lips.

"Good afternoon. I'm Byun Baekhyun and I'm here to perform Farewell Review by The Ray," he said and the students with the professors clapped their hands. He took another deep breath, conditioning his mind and telling himself to focus and concentrate on just playing the piano. "Sing it for your best friend. You can do it. Hwaiting," the little encouragement placed a small smile on his face before he began his presentation.

(Farewell Review by The Ray)

 

 

Chaeyeon's class had just ended. She gathered her things and placed it inside her bag. For some reason, her mood was really good. She doesn't really know why but when she heard Baekhyun playing the piano that night when she passed by his room, brought some peace in her, something she hadn't felt for a while, ever since that happening. It made her stay outside his room's door until she heard some footsteps and she scurried to her room. Until now, she could hear the beautiful melody in her head and it makes her smile.

"Chae." She snapped out of her thoughts and turned to see Yixing standing by her table. 

"Oh, oppa. Do you need something?" She asked and Yixing shook his head. He noticed how Chaeyeon seemed to have a good mood and even if he was curious why, he just didn't ask her because seeing her happy was enough as he would always see her bothered most of the times.

"Are you going home already?" He asked and Chaeyeon nodded after a second, not really having anything to do. "Uhm... Do you...want to watch me today? I mean, I needed some advice and you're really good at it so...can you? It's okay if you don't want. I understand." Yixing smiled shyly, his dimple showing, something Chaeyeon really admires. Without second thoughts, she nodded.

"Sure, but I don't think I'm good at advice giving like you said but I would want to watch you." She smiled and Yixing returned the same. After that, they left the classroom together and headed to the performing arts department.

It had been a month since they knew each other but their comfortability looked like it had been built long long ago. Maybe it was because Chaeyeon knew how to converse in Chinese. How, Chaeyeon didn't really say and even if he was curious, he just didn't push her. Even though she wasn't that good at it, she could still talk to him with basic and a little complex Chinese. Yixing on the otherhand found comfort in that because there weren't that many students he could talk with his mother tongue than Tao and sometimes Luhan but it was so rare.

They had just reached the department when they saw Jongdae and Tao hanging outside one room. Jongdae noticed them and called them.

"Hey! Chaeyeon! Yixing!" The two turned their heads and smiled, seeing them.

"Hi Jongdae and Tao," Chaeyeon greeted and the two grinned at her.

"Are you two heading somewhere?" Tao asked looking at them both.

"Ah, yeah. We're going to dance studio. You? What are you doing..." Yixing looked at the sign of the room and looked back at them. "...in the music room?" Before Tao could answer Jongdae was slapping him on the arm while peering inside the window of the door.

"Yah, it's Baek already!" Tao immediately turned to look inside again and Chaeyeon could see the happy grin on his lips. 

"What is Baekhyun gonna do?" Yixing asked curiously.

"It's the monthly evaluation for Music majors. Have you forgotten? I had mine early this morning," Jongdae replied not taking his eyes off of the window.

Then everything clicked in Chaeyeon's mind. Why Baekhyun had been playing 'til late last night. Why he had gone home late too yesterday. Biting her lower lip, she tiptoed to have a look as well. Tao, seeing it, made a little space for her and she grinned sheepishly and thanked him before looking in the window. On the front, she saw Baekhyun sitting in front of the piano, his eyes focused on the keys in front of him. They could only hear the faint music outside but it was enough for them to know how Baekhyun played it perfectly.

"I'm sure Baekhyun would do well," Yixing commented as he listened in. Tao nodded in agreement. Out of all of them, besides Jongdae who got power vocals, Baekhyun might be one of the best singers in their university. He sings really well and played the piano excellently, something, as he thought of it, what girls fall for.

Then suddenly, Baekhyun turned to their direction and Tao and Jongdae waved giddily but his eyes was fixated on someone else, and that was on the girl who stood in between the two males, and just like that, he pressed a wrong key, making Yixing, who was also an excellent piano player narrow his eyebrow, trying to figure out what made it happen and he peered over Tao's shoulder and found him staring at one direction and he followed the line of sight and found none other than Chaeyeon.

 

 

All of the students was already done performing but Baekhyun had regret written all over his face. Although his mistake wasn't too obvious as nobody even reacted to it, it was still disappointing as he had practiced it many times, just to commit mistake...because of her. They were dismissed after a few words and with a supressed frown on his face, he got up his seat. Before he could leave though, Hyunwoo called for him and he dreaded it knowing what he'll be saying. 

But he was almost surprised when it was none of what he thought.

"You did excellent, as always, Baekhyun." He blinked confused.

"But..."

"That single mistake?" Hyunwoo said, chuckling a little. "Yes, I heard but it wasn't so obvious, although I couldn't assure you that it wouldn't deduct a point from you." Baekhyun nodded, forcing a small smile on his face.

"Neh, seonsaengnim."

"The advice I told you yesterday though, you haven't followed my advice though, did you?" Baekhyun perked up at this and shook his head.

"I did. I had my best friend in mind--" Hyunwoo laughed and Baekhyun narrowed his eyebrows at him. 

"You sang a love song to your best friend? Is it a she?" He said and Baekhyun sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's for him and the girl...he likes," he said and Hyunwoo nodded in understanding.

"Alright. I got it. Anyway, overall you did excellent. Well then, I'll see you around, Baekhyun haksaeng." Hyunwoo smiled, patting the boy on the shoulder and Baekhyun nodded, bowing a little as his professor walked away.

As soon as he did, he directed his line of sight to the door where his friends duck away when they saw him. Baekhyun walked to them with heavy steps and they got startled when Baekhyun suddenly pushed the door back. Baekhyun squint his eyes on them. The four stood there, anxiously looking at him.

"Hi Baek. You did excellent back there," Jongdae grinned trying to ease the mood. Baekhyun immediately directed his eyes to the only girl who stood close beside Yixing, making him hold his breath.

Chaeyeon gulped at his intense gaze. "You...did great--"

"Great? You obviously don't know anything about music so can't you just keep quiet? You ruined--" 

"Baekhyun," the stern voice cut him off as they all turned to look at Yixing who for the first, looked mad. He was glaring at Baekhyun and the latter looked away, his eyebrows narrowed, irritably. "How can you say something like that to her? She was just congratulating you." Taking a deep breath, Yixing took a hold of Chaeyeon's wrist and tugged it. "Let's go." With that, Yixing pulled her away, leaving the three boys alone.

Silence covered them as soon as the two left and Baekhyun gritted his teeth. Tao cluck his tongue and he turned to him, seeing him shaking his head while Jongdae sighed out loud, shrugging. He didn't need to hear them to know how what they had to say and he sighed heavily.

 

 

It was already past dinner time and he was alone in the house as both his parents weren't still home. He was used to it, thus not bothered at all. If it was any other day back when they were only four people who live in their house, he would've been in front of his desk studying, if not, in front of his laptop surfing the net and listening to music, or maybe playing his keyboard. But that day, he paced around his room, his heart uneasy. And he knew why.

It was hard to deny that growing guilt inside of him as he remembered how Chaeyeon's eyes slightly widened at his outburst and how his friends and Yixing looked mad at him. He was sure enough that Jongdae and Tao wouldn't stay angry with him for so long but for Yixing, even if he knew him as that nice and kind guy, that moment, when he said those words so hard and stern, he knew he was really mad. He doesn't know the guy's limit since they were not that close but judging by the expression on Tao's face who knew him better for the fact that they are both Chinese and often converse with each other, he knew that he was downright mad.

But the thing is, that's not the problem why he was so bothered right then. He could've handled the other male's anger. He knew he can but how Chaeyeon's face registered hurt made him feel so bad he wanted to scold himself why on earth did he just spat those words to a girl. If his parents knew, they would've taken the liberty of scolding him until he feel so annoyed and just walk out. He would've liked that, at least, he knew that he had somehow made up for what he had said to her since his parents would already have given him an earful but then, that's not the case. His parents is not around yet and he was sure they wouldn't know anything, unless the girl would tell them which was really unlikely.

The guilt was eating him and with the girl still not home at almost nine in the evening made him feel worse. Had he hurt her so much with his words that she didn't even want to go home? But he had said so many bad things to her, even worse than he said few hours ago. Heck, he even treated her poorly. Then why is she doing that to him? A revenge? Did she know that it'll make him feel bad to the point to make him feel so restless at a Friday night where he should be relaxing? 

The number of thoughts and questions should've convinced him. Afterall, he hate...despised the girl. He should know that she was capable of revenge. He even told Tao many times about how the girl is no good, that all she is doing is seducing all the boys because she wanted that much attention and because she was a manwhore.

But why oh why is he feeling so bad and worst, he was actually feeling guilty and worried for the girl hadn't return yet?

Groaning, he kicked the wall and regretted it immediately when it caused him to jump in one foot due to pain. Breathing out heavily, he leaned on his window pane and stared out. All his thoughts were just rumbled in his head making him more stressed. He froze in his position when he finally saw her a few meters to their gate. For some reason, he felt relieved but at the same time annoyed. He straightened up, about to go down and probably scold the girl for going home too late. For what reason, he doesn't know. Before he could do so, he saw another figure walking with her.

Unconsciously, his fist clenched at his sides and he heaved, calming his raging emotions. Then after a minute of watching the two individuals, a smirk escaped his lips.

"Of course. Where and who else would she be when Yixing is ready to be her toy anytime of the day?" 


A/N:

ANNYEONG CHINGUDEUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

How are you all doing? Kekeke. Sorry it took me a while to update. But I'm now back with a new chapter. How's it? Sorry if there aren't too much interaction but a bunch of questions from our lead male. Lol. Please bare with his emotions. Kekekeke. Anyhow, hello to my new readers! Thank you for taking interest and reading my fanfic. I'll do my best to update as often as possible but I couldn't promise anything. >_< So yeah, I'll see you in the next chapter! 

Concerning the song Baekhyun sang in his chapter, he had said before that its his favorite song so I thought of using it, although now I quite regretting using it too early. Heol...

Comments? :)

Btw, guys, before I end this a/n, can I just ask a favor if it isn't much of a problem? Can you check out this collab fanfic I have? It's a collection of EXO's stories that are interconnected with each other. I hope you can check it out. Thank you! :)

EXO's Girlfriends