011

I'm Yours

It was the moment of truth.

It had been a few days since they took their exam, and right that moment, their professor was calling out their names, one after another as she returned sheets of paper. Everyone was anxious, nervous of how well or bad they did for it. Afterall, it is the second to the last exam for the semester before they take their final exam second week of the following month. Even Baekhyun, who everyone knew would do excellent, not only good, was uneasily drumming his fingers on his cheeks as he rested his head on the palm of his hand.

"Byun Baekhyun." His name was called out but he remained sitting on his chair, not hearing his name. He was called once again but still no response as he looked as if his mind was flying elsewhere. By then, everybody's eyes were on him. Tao took it upon himself to kick Baekhyun on the leg to get his attention, which he successfully did as Baekhyun jumped on his seat, turning to look at him with that irritated face. Tao nodded his head to the front before rolling his eyes. That's when Baekhyun noticed how everyone's attention was on him.

"Baekhyun-ssi?" He turned to the professor in front, embarrassed.

"Ah, neh." He stood up and quickly walked to the front.

"Are you okay?" The professor asked, seeing how Baekhyun looked worried about something. Baekhyun nodded, forcing a small smile on his lips before their professor nodded, smiling back and handing him his paper. "Congratulations. You scored the highest."

"Thank you." He took his paper and slightly bowed his head before walking back to his seat, not even glancing at his paper for once. 

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he carefully got it and read the text message from Tao. With furrowed eyebrows, he read the message and looked up to see his friend with an eyebrow raised. He quickly typed in a reply before keeping his mobile phone back to his pocket. Tao read and rolled his eyes. 

"'No texting in class' my ." Tao rolled his eyes and kept his phone.

Name after name was called out as student after student walked back to their seats with either a frown or a grin on their faces. Even after getting his paper, Baekhyun still sat nervously which Tao assumed as, "He finally lost his mind."

"Park Chaeyeon," Both of their heads snapped to the said girl as she stood up and walked towards the front. Baekhyun's gaze never left her as he wondered whether she passed or not. Finally, Chaeyeon turned around and she looked up from her paper briefly only to meet eyes with Baekhyun. Baekhyun cleared his throat before ducking his head missing the small smile that lifted on her lips. He looked just as the said girl walked back towards her seat and saw that she looked okay, and so the breath that Baekhyun didn't know he had been holding was let out.

Tao, who sat there, noticed the short contact, and his eyebrow furrowed in thought before his lips curved to a mischievous smile. Before they know it, all papers were distributed and luckily, the three of them passed. The professor said a few words and soon the bell rang, signalling the end of class. 

 

"Yah, yah," Tao said, turning his chair to face Baekhyun.

"What now?" Baekhyun asked, avoiding to meet the other's eyes.

"You smell fishy. Did something happen?" Tao asked curiously, leaning over Baekhyun's table.

"You might be smelling yourself. Move," Baekhyun said, shoving Tao out of his table. Tao snickered.

"Fine. I'll be asking Chaeyeon then," Tao said, leaving his seat. Baekhyun felt himself panic inside as he was late to stop him. He didn't want them to know, they couldn't know because he was sure they'll be teasing him for something as trivial as that. 

"Hi Chae!" Tao greeted loudly, pulling a chair to her table. The girl smiled, greeting back Tao looked back at Baekhyun and stuck his tongue out which Chaeyeon missed as she put her things away. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

It was already dismissal. Baekhyun gathered his things and quickly walked out of his room. It was already around four in the afternoon when he got out. He wasn't really aware where Tao was besides that probably he had headed home. Once he got near the gates, he spotted a familiar figure and another one jogging and stopping just beside him. His eyebrows narrowed as they saw them exchange smiles and Yixing offered to carry her things. In a minute, they were walking out the university grounds.

He stood idle on his position, his fist turning into a ball unconsciously.

"She's out on a date again, right. And she hasn't even thanked me!" He doesn't know why he was fuming inside but he was too overwhelmed by it he couldn't stop his jaw from tightening.

"Oh c'mon buddy, don't tell me you're jealous?" The voice made him turn and there stood Luhan, his soccer ball tucked under his arm.

"I've got no time for that, Luhan," he said monotonously, striding forward. Luhan smirked, before catching up with him and swinging an arm over his shoulders. Baekhyun tried to shove his arm away but he wouldn't budge so he just let him be, grumbling.

"You know what I heard?" Luhan said.

"I don't know and I don't care." Luhan smirked at his snarky reply before continuing.

"It's going around that Nam Woohyun's thinking of courting her," Luhan said making Baekhyun's lips twitch and his eyebrows knit in the middle. "Hmm... I'm sure they'll be a great couple! I mean, Woohyun a great guy, he sings really good, not bad in studies neither, comes from a wealthy family, and not to mention, he's got good looks too! Ahhh... I bet so many are giving up on Chaeyeon already after hearing that." Luhan felt Baekhyun tense as he watched him on his peripheral view and smiled in satisfaction.

"What do you want me to do then? It's not like I care," Baekhyun said, in his usual, 'I-don't-care' tone although Luhan knew better.

"I don't know. Nothing?" Luhan said and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"If you have nothing else to say then I need to go," Baekhyun said, slipping away and Luhan smirked as he just let him be, watching him walk away.

"Aigoo, how could I even have such a naive friend?" Luhan sighed. "YAH! Tomorrow's our soccer match! Just saying!" He shouted after him and smirked, watching him go.

 

Baekhyun arrived home before it got dark but the house was empty. He sighed loudly, expecting it. He threw his bag on the couch and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water. Drinking it, Luhan's words repeated in his mind.

"Nam Woohyun? Seriously?" He muttered. He slammed the cup on the table and frowned. "Who cares anyway. She could do whatever she wants and date whoever she wants. That's what she's good--" He stopped himself, feeling bad with his words. Groaning, he stomped out the kitchen and grabbed his bag before locking himself in his room.

 

It was already eight in the evening when Chaeyeon came home. Quietly, she walked in and closed the door. The living room was dim and she knew that Baekhyun had already gone to his room. She placed the food she had bought on the table.

"I wonder if he had eaten?" 

She decided to just leave the food there and walk up. Upon reaching the second floor, she stopped in front of his room. As usual, it was quiet. Unconsciously, her hand touched a rectangular box in her bag. Biting her lips, she gathered her courage to knock. She knocked once, twice, and thrice but there wasn't any answered.

"Is he already asleep?" She whispered, checking her watch and frowned. "But it's only a little past eight."

Trying again, she knocked but received no answer. Sighing, she walked to her room and glanced back once before walking in her room. "He isn't mad, right?" She scratched her head and shrugged.

 

Baekhyun stood just at the other side of the door, hearing her murmurs. Once it stopped, he waited for a few minutes before peeking out the door. He closed it immediately after and leaned on the door, closing his eyes. He groaned, something he had been doing for the past hour. 

"Get yourself together, Byun Baekhyun."

 

The next morning, he got up earlier than usual, hoping to not encounter her. After he had taken a shower, he quickly wore a pair of jeans and a button up shirt, roling up the sleeves and got down but to his surprise, he saw her cooking in the kitchen. She quickly noticed him and she slightly smiled.

"Oh you're already done. It's just gonna be for a while--" She was cut off when Baekhyun stared her down and turned away, walking and leaving her behind. Her eyebrows knitted in the middle, wondering what she did this time when they were just doing just fine for the past days. Fine meaning, no glaring, no rolling of eyes, nothing. "Is he on PMS again?" She sighed, looking down at the food she was cooking. "Oh well, I'll just pack it up and give it Tao."

 

"THIS IS MINE?!" Tao cheered as Chaeyeon gave him a lunchbox before the class started. She smiled, nodding. "THANK YOU CHAEYEONIE!" He engulfed her in a hug which she stiffened to a little. Baekhyun noticed it and rolled his eyes.

Lunch came a little later and they gathered in their usual table. Luhan and Minseok weren't around since they were preparing for their game later that afternoon. Jongdae was stealing some food from Tao's lunchbox and Tao kept on slapping his hand away. Chaeyeon and Yixing was chuckling at them while Baekhyun's eyes focused on his food.

"Right, you guys are going to the game later, right?" Jongdae asked. Chaeyeon looked at Yixing and Baekhyun felt something twist in his stomach.

"Yeah, we promised Luhan we will." Yixing nodded, smiling.

"Great! Let's go watch altogether!" Tao smiled.

"How about you, Baekhyun, are you coming?" Jongdae peered over to him and Baekhyun thought for a while, all eyes on him.

"I don't know. Maybe not. I've got to prepare for an exam," Baekhyun replied and Jongdae rolled his eyes.

"C'mon! You're already smart, you don't have to study anymore! And tomorrow's Saturday!" He froze hearing that. Chaeyeon also seemed to stiffen on her chair, remembering.

"Tomorrow's the wedding..."

"What?" Tao asked, hearing his friend murmur but Baekhyun just kept quiet, his eyes landing on the girl diagonal to him who stared back at him, a communication only them understood.


A/N:

Hello? Hi? Are you guys still there? Uhm... I know it's been a while. Sorry for not updating for months. I've even very busy plus the writer's block it eating me. >< I hope you guys understand me but guess what! It's my vacation! YEHET OHORAT Kekeke! Anyway, tomorrow's MAMA. I hope you guys will continue to vote for our boys 'til the last day! :)

Oh... The wedding's coming up! What do you think will happen in their stay in Busan? :)

Thank you for reading and subscribing! Comments are welcomed! :)