010

I'm Yours

It was already dark when he got home. He had spent some extra hours in school to finish up a project due the next day. He could've actually done it at home but he knew it would be harder to concentrate knowing she was there. Why, he couldn't really tell. He took off his shoes at the foyer before walking in the living room. It was still lit up with the main light but nobody was there. His eyes darted up to look at the top of the staircase before he let out a breath and walked in the kitchen and it was no surprise to see a covered food prepared on the table. Another irritated sigh slipped his lips.

It's been the third day since his parents left for Busan, and ever since the first morning, Chaeyeon took it upon her to cook their meals. The first two days, he had ignored all those foods. Not even taking a bite even if it was tempting, especially when he gets too hungry. Instead, he cooks himself up some simple meal he could come up with, usually ramyeon, or having a take out. Although sometimes, he just skips his meal, feeling too tired to order or cook. 

But tonight, the food looked so inviting and he couldn't even tell why. Maybe it was because he was so tired and hungry...or maybe it was because... No. He'd rather not go into that. He went nearer the food and found that she had cooked some kimchi fried rice. When he took the cover off, the smell wafted to his nose and automatically, his stomach grumbled. He gulped, trying to restrain himself but in the end, he put his bag down at the floor and looked back, checking if there was anybody before settling down and diving in.

As he ate, he knew even though he didn't want to admit it that his friends were right. She did cook well. Pretty well for a nineteen year old girl. It didn't take him a full hour to finish up the food and before he knew it, his bowl was empty. He let out a burp and he covered his mouth in surprise, looking around to look if she had come down but let out a sigh of relief when she didn't. Quickly, he washed the plates and quietly walked to his room.

Before completely entering his room, he looked back to the girl's room and wondered how many meals he had wasted, how many delicious meals he could have downed but then, it wasn't that that bothered him most. It was: How might she have felt. He pressed his lips together in thought. He took a deep breath, shaking his head.

"No Byun Baekhyun. You can't soften up to her. You cannot." With that, he entered his room.

 

 

The next morning, he woke up and found the house already empty. A feeling brewed up in the pit of his stomach as he checked the possible places where the girl could be in but didn't try her room for he wouldn't dare enter a room not really his at the moment. Realizing what he was doing, he ruffled his hair in annoyance. 

"What am I even doing?" Grumbling, he took a bath and went down afterwards. As expected, there was a plate of breakfast. It was pancakes and sausages. He his lips unconsciously, thinking whether or not to give in again but in the end, he did.

"You can say no to food," he said, convincing himself.

 

 

"Oh, before I forget," the proffesor said getting a stack of papers from her bag and the students knew what it was. They let out a silent groan. "I know it's a torture knowing there will be an exam tomorrow but I had to return this. So you can as well reflect on your grades."

After that, she started giving out the papers to the owners. Some students was on the verge of crying when they saw the thick red mark with the big C or D mark. Others well, they were cheering for at least passing. Well, except for Baekhyun; he sat there and received his paper quietly, with the professor congratulating him for getting the top score. He gave a small smile before bowing his head a little. Tao who sat beside him was already cheering for getting a passing score and Baekhyun shook his head with a lopsided smile.

"Tsk. I'm no you alright. This is already a miracle!" Tao said, flapping his paper in front of Baekhyun and the latter let out a chuckle.

"Not saying anything." He meant it. It was known since they were high school, when Sehun was still around and way before they've met Tao that Baekhyun is one of the brightest student of their batch but never did he brag about it and that was what girls loved him for besides his good looks. That is also why Baekhyun really doesn't bother his friends being good in academics or not, unlike some other smart students who prefer being around the same people.

His attention was immediately caught when he heard a specific name being called out. His head whipped around to look at her and found her biting her lips hard.

"To those called, please stay back for a little while and the rest you may go." The students stood up and left while around seven students remained, including Chaeyeon.

"Chaeyeon...?" Tao said as Chaeyeon passed them and Chaeyeon just gave out a small smile. Baekhyun tried to take a good look at her but Chaeyeon was avoiding all contact as she joined the others on the front. Tao jut his lower lip out, following Chaeyeon with his gaze. Baekhyun too can't avoid to watch her before he realized what he was doing and he grabbed Tao's arm and pulled him away.

But this time it wasn't because he felt something he shouldn't but because...

"You shouldn't watch and meddle with their business."

"Oh yeah? Or did I just hear some worry in that?" Tao teased as soon as they were out the room and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Cut the crap up, alright?" After that, Baekhyun let go of the others arm and walked ahead.

 

 

Baekhyun went home quickly after his last class. He doesn't even know why he was so much in a hurry when actually, he was still around his usual schedule. Not thinking anyfurther about it, he rode the bus home.

The ride took longer than usual, as the traffic was too much. He reached home a little before six in the evening. When he reached home, he found the living room empty again. He walked over to the kitchen and found the table clean of anything. He wasn't mad though he is quite disappointed not to be able to eat something she had cooked like yesterday. It was already hard for him to accept that fact but he did anyways because it's true. Just not in the open will he say it.

He turned around and walked up to his room. Midway, he stopped in front of Chaeyeon's room, a bugging feeling in his chest. He puffed his cheeks, trying to restrain himself from feeling any way to her. Liking how her cooked food tastes is enough. 

"Why are you even concerned if she had eaten or not--"

His heart jumped in surprise when the door suddenly opened and stood in front of him was her in a pair of navy blue leggings and orange-white shirt with her hair in a messy bun. It should look unattractive as she looked a little messy but it didn't and just added to the facts why boys in their campus would like her. She looks really pretty no matter what.

"Baekhyun, you're home!" Chaeyeon said in surprise, snapping him out of his trance. He gulped, merely nodding to her statement. "Uh... Sorry because I kind of forget to prepare dinner but don't worry. I'll go down now and cook--"

"No, it's okay. I'm not hungry." Baekhyun took a look over her shoulder and Chaeyeon noticed it, biting her lower lip in embarrassment. 

"It's quite messy 'cause... I've been trying to answer some problem equations," Chaeyeon sheepishly replied and Baekhyun nodded. He already took a step to turn when he stopped and remembered what Jongdae had said during one of his class intervals and they happen to cross paths.

Fiddling with the end of the straps of his bag, he turned around once more. Chaeyeon looked at him, wondering what he had to say. "Baekhyun?"

"Uhm... Do you want help? I mean, you look like you needed a helping hand. Just...ugh...never mind." Baekhyun turned aorund, feeling his cheeks turn red in embarrassment. Chaeyeon's lips curved to a smile as she stretched her hand out to stop Baekhyun. He felt his heart stop for a second as he turn his head around. His eyes landed on the grip on his wrist before looking up to meet her eyes.

Quickly, Chaeyeon let go and grinned. "I-I guess you're right. Well, if it's okay, that is?" Chaeyeon rubbed the back of her neck and Baekhyun bit the inside of his cheeks unconsciously before nodding.

"Sure. I'll...just change and...let's meet down stairs." Chaeyeon nodded with a smile. He cleared his throat awkwardly before turning around and walking to his room. Once he got inside, he closed his door and leaned on it. A feeling brewed in the pit of his stomach once again and he took a deep breath to calm it down.

"You're doing it because Jongdae said it, okay? Nothing more, nothing less. Good." With that, he started moving.

 

 

It was awkward as they sat at the living room area, books, papers and notebooks on the coffee table.

"Uhm... I'm studying for the exam for tomorrow. I...failed last time so I needed to pass this time around," she explained in her usual tone but with a little embarrassment because she knew Baekhyun, if not the smartest, one of the top students. Baekhyun nodded, knowing beforehand why because of their professor calling for them.

"That's alright. Everyone has their weakness but you could make it your strength if you try." Baekhyun didn't know why he had said those words, but it just came out. Realizing what he had said, he cleared his throat, his cheeks turning warm and looked at the books on the table and taking the book they needed. He was feeling nervous for some reason as he turned the pages. He tried calming himself as he took a pen and marked a question. "Here. Try this." He turned the book around to her direction and Chaeyeon nodded, smiling.

"Okay."

 

 

It had been an hour since they began and Baekhyun understood why she failed. She was so bad at it. He lengthened his patience though and tried teaching her whatever she kept on getting wrong.

"No. Not that... Here this is how you do it..." And he teaches her again. She tried answering it again when her stomach grumbled softly but it didn't go unnoticed by Baekhyun who stopped from writing. He tried to ignore it as he began to write again. In ten minutes, he already heard her stomach grumble twice. Not being able to take it any longer, he stopped and got up.

"I'll just go to bathroom. Go continue answering that question 'til you get it right." Chaeyeon smiled and nodded.

From the kitchen, he looked back at her and found her biting her lower lip as she tried computing the equations. He stood there watching her for a while. He noticed how she would tap the pen on her forehead whenever she tries to think or how she her lips once in a while. She also puffs her cheeks when she find a question rather too hard. A small smile unconsciously reached his lips but bit it back immediately before proceeding to the bathroom. He got his phone out and immediately dialed a number.

"Yoboseyo. Yes. I would like to order."

 

 

Another hour passed before the doorbell rang. Both of them got ready to get up but Baekhyun stopped her.

"I'll go get it." She merely nodded a little confused as she continued with what she was doing. She looked up when Baekhyun walked past her with a small box and another container. It didn't take her long to realize what it was.

"You ordered?" She said in surprise.

"Yeah. I got hungry. So yeah," Baekhyun half-lied placing the food on the table. He really intended just skipping dinner and drink up milk. But when he saw how Chaeyeon looked so hungry, he already decided to ask for food delivery. 

"Oh. I see." She smiled a little. "Go and eat and before you know it, I'm already done with this." She grinned and Baekhyun looked over at her from the dining table. He gulped, taking a deep breath. He puffed his cheeks and shook his head.

"Get a grip," he muttered to himself before getting out plates. A few minutes passed by but he couldn't even eat.

Gathering up his courage, he cleared his throat. "Y-Yah." Chaeyeon looked up, blinking a little. "I couldn't eat properly seeing you there."

"Oh... I'll go move where you can't see me then. Sorry. Go and eat." Chaeyeon began moving and Baekhyun almost faced palmed himself. She was too naive for her own good, really. 

"Ugh, is this girl really that oblivious?" He let out a sigh. "No need. You eat here and I'll go eat there," he said standing up with his plate. Chaeyeon became confused as she watched him walk over to her. "What?" Baekhyun asked, feeling uncomfortable under her gaze.

"Ah, nothing. Alright. I'll go eat quickly and get back to studying," she said, smiling before standing up and walking to the dining table. He was about to sit when she said, "Are you sure you want to eat there? You could eat at the dining table and I'll eat there. I know it'll be uncomfortable eating there."

He could hear the concern in her voice. Plus, she was right that it was indeed uncomfortable but he knew better than to join her.

"It's okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you really really sure?"

"Just go eat," he said dismissively and Chaeyeon wasn't able to do anything anymore and shrugged before going to the dining table. Baekhyun let out another sigh as he sat down on couch. Both of them began eating but Baekhyun can't help but look up once in a while. Chaeyeon was eating happily he couldn't help but smile. 

He hadn't really paid her attention until then. He had eaten so many breakfast, lunch, and dinners with her but never once did he really notice her. He noticed now how she eats quietly, but really fast. He then wondered if she hates the food that she just wanted to finish her food quickly. He took a bite of his own japchae but it tastes delicious. He just ignored it and began with his food.

Before he knew it, she was already done and joined him in the living room area when he was just half-way down his food. 

"I'm done. You could just leave your plate there and I'll just wash it later after we study," she smiled before sitting down. 

"Okay," Baekhyun said. It hadn't been so long when he heard her burp.

"Sorry," Chaeyeon squeaked and Baekhyun pretended not to notice and bit back a smile.

He quickly finished his food and got up to put his dirty plate away. He joined her shortly after and they continued they tutoring session. 

 

 

Time went by so fast and before they knew it, it was past midnight. Baekhyun was still busy reading through his notes when his phone vibrated. He got his phone out from his pocket and saw a message from his brother. He quickly opened it and read it.

What's up bro? Give up now? ;) - Baekbeom Hyung

He rolled his eyes and smirked before replying.

Studying. Not a chance. :P

He quickly kept his phone away and as he glanced up, he saw Chaeyeon's head slipping down on her propped up arm until she completely laid her head down on the table. Baekhyun fought the urge not to chuckle. She looked funny for some reason. He looked at the paper where she was computing and debated whether to get it or not. In the end, he tried slipping it out under her arms. He froze when she stirred but luckily she didn't wake up. When he successfully got it out, he checked her answers.

He had given her three problems and she had already answered two and was half way the third one. He carefully checked her answers, writing some notes at the sides. She answered one correctly with the second one with minor mistakes. The third question, he finished. After doing so, he put his pen down and smiled in content. He looked up at her again and saw her peacefully sleeping. Some strands of her hair covered her face. His hand reached out wanting to tuck it behind her ear but stopped when he realized what he was doing, yet again. He pulled his hand away and instead, picked up the books, notebooks, and papers. He got his while he stacked Chaeyeon's things and placed it far from her head. 

When he was done, he got her pen out of her grip careful not to wake her up. He stood up shortly after with his things on his arms. He looked down at her and found her in an uncomfortable position. He bit his lip, wondering what to do. At situations like this, Sehun would probably scoop her to his arms and bring her to her bed, tucking her comfortably. But it was Sehun and they were different. Plus, he wasn't feeling anything romantic for the girl before him.

But he knew that as a man, he should also do something even if he isn't romantically involve with her. After a minute of thinking, he quietly walked up to his room and dropped his things on his desk before walking about and grabbing a blanket from the hallway cabinet where they keep their clean bed sheets. He went back to the living room and found her in the same position, her head tucked between her arms. A smile tugged on his lips before he went near her and grabbed a pillow from the couch and carefully lifted her head up and tucked the pillow beneath her head. She stirred a little, finding a comfortable position but quickly stopped continued sleeping. He draped the blanket over her shoulders then before stepping away.

He found himself staring at her. Then he noticed things again. How her lashes was long it touched the skin under it but he also noticed her dark circles but it didn't make her less pretty. was slightly opened. Her skin was pale white. Then he saw it, a scar on the side of her forehead but since her hair covered it, it wasn't too noticaeble unless you pay attention to it. And right then, he did and he wondered where she got it. Before he could dwell on it too much, he decided to take one last look if she was comfortable enough and turned the lights off. He walked back to his room and got ready for bed.

But what he saw never left his mind until he fell asleep.


A/N:

AT LAST! Updated! I'm really sorry it took me long enough but here it is. It took me some time to come up with the next chapter. I'm sorry for making you guys wait too long. For those of you who are still here, thank you very much for still supporting me in this even though I could be a lazy author. /sigh

What do you think of this chapter? I really want to know your opinion. Do you think Baekhyun and chaeyeon's relationship will get better soon? :)

Anyway, thank you for reading and commenting! Love you guys! 

'Til my next update. Ciao!