02

I'm Yours

The next morning, knocks on his door accompanied by his mother's voice was what woke him up. He rolled over his bed, pulling a pillow over his head to block the noise but his mom continued to knock.

"Baekhyun-ah, you need to wake up now." He knew it won't sound nice but he was annoyed because he was so sleepy and it was a Saturday, a day for him to be able to sleep as long as he could. He came home past twelve midnight, after eating and walking around Hongdae with Tao. He was so tired he didn't want to get up anytime soon but with the way his mom seemed to be so determined on waking him up, he groggily got up.

"Neh. I'm awake." His voice was so husky after having just woken up and maybe because of the cold weather that night, his throat was affected, making it sore. 

"Good. Can you go to the market nearby and buy some ingredients for our lunch? I forgot to buy some when I went by yesterday." This made him drop back to his bed, groaning but he knew he couldn't do anything so he replied a simple yes before his mother finally left him alone.

He stayed there for a few more minutes before he finally got up, grabbed his phone from his bedside, checking for any calls and messages before going out of his room to wash up. He returned to his room a few minutes later to change into sweatpants and t-shirt before walking down the stairs.

As soon as he walked into the kitchen, he was a little startled to see the newcomer, standing beside his mother, watching as his mom cut up some meat. It was just then that he remembered that there's an addition to their house and the built up annoyance came back. He ignored her and turned to his mother. Clearing his throat, he greeted his mother.

"There you are. Well, here's the list and you bring Chaeyeon too. It would be nice if she would be able to familiarized her way around since she came from the province." His heart dropped, not really listening after his mom mentioned that he should bring the newcomer along. When his eyes landed on the Chaeyeon girl, she was looking down and he tried to not scowl because his mom was around.

"Can't I just go alone? The market is far from here. It'll just tire her off." He hesitated stating the last few words because it sounded as if he cared but totally not. He just didn't want her to come with him. It was already enough that his sleep was disturbed, he didn't want to be annoyed all throughout the trip to the market.

"She said she was fine by it. Right dear?" His mom smiled at Chaeyeon and he gave her a hard look which the girl avoided before nodding. He groaned. "See? Now, you too should go. I need it before lunch would start." 

He turned around, closing his eyes for a moment in annoyance before walking to the door. Chaeyeon followed behind him and once they were out the door, his mom handed them the money and the list. After short reminders, they were already out the gate. Baekhyun just continued to walk, not really minding that someone else was with him. Chaeyeon on the other hand caught up with him, falling into step a meter beside him. He didn't really care as they both just walked in silence. They met a few neighbors on the way and they greeted Baekhyun who greeted them back.

"Oh, your girlfriend?" Baekhyun felt sick to his stomach when he heard it that he just faked a laugh and shook his head. Chaeyeon on the other hand felt so embarrassed that she just denied it.

"This is why I don't want her around," she heard him mumble and she bit her lower lip.

"Sorry," she softly said and Baekhyun stopped in his step, a little surprised before looking at her. She looked up and she looked so innocent and child-like that one who would see them would look as if he was scolding her. He just scoffed before looking away and walking.

"You should've just not come than be sorry." He knew he was being a jerk then but he can't help it. Maybe he wasn't just in the mood, or maybe he just didn't like her. Whatever it is, he really didn't want to care because he has so much to think of to even add it to his concerns. Chaeyeon just kept mum. She was a girl who liked keeping things to herself and so even if she was already actually hurt by how the other was acting, she just chose to ignore it. 

A few minutes later did they arrive at the market and since it was nine in the morning, many were also out to shop. They squeezed in the crowd as they looked for the items on the list. Baekhyun was about to get a basket when she saw Chaeyeon already carrying one. It was so awkward that he just grabbed the basket away from her and handed her the list. He might hate her but he still is brought up to treat girls and woman alike good. Although he had been nothing but nice to her, treating someone good and acting nice is different. At least for him it is.

"You go look for it," he muttered and she nodded. They quietly looked around, with Baekhyun just trailing behind. Some boys who came to the market was obviously checking her out and he rolled his eyes, trying to ignore them but as time passed by, it was getting annoying because he kept on hearing them whispering and even looking at him too so he grabbed the list from her, startling Chaeyeon.

"You're so slow." He looked through the list and saw that there were only a few left. Having been in that market for so many times, he knew where things are and so just a few minutes later, they were already at the cashier paying. While Baekhyun paid attention to their purchase, he heard someone talking to Chaeyeon. He tried to ignore it but when he heard that the boy was trying to get her number, his head snapped up. He saw her fidgeting with her fingers, smiling politely to the teenager as she talked to him. He ignored her, since he didn't want to get involve with her in any way possible but the way she sounded so uncomfortable made him groan.

"Can't you see that she doesn't like to give you her number?" Baekhyun said a little pissed and the boy was startled a little. 

"Why, are you her boyfriend?" The teenager snapped back and he surpressed his annoyance. 

"I'm her cousin so can you just back off?" He doesn't know how that lame excuse came out of his mouth but he knew well that his patience was reaching it's limit already that he just said whatever. Chaeyeon was a little taken aback by what he said but nevertheless thankful. "Let's go," Baekhyun muttered, leaving the boy pissed off. 

As soon as they were out the market, Baekhyun's pace picked up and Chaeyeon jogged to catch up with him. "H-Hey." Baekhyun's steps slowed down and that was when Chaeyeon got to match his steps. It was quiet once again and Chaeyeon bit her lower lip. "Thank you." Baekhyun stopped and looked down at her. She tilted her face to him but immediately looked down as she saw Baekhyun's hard stare.

"You don't need to thank me. I didn't do that for you. I was just annoyed by that boy's noisy mouth," he said before walking again. Chaeyeon bit her lips to prevent herself from frowning at how Baekhyun was so grumpy to her. "Still, thank you," she softly said but Baekhyun heard it and he just ignored her.

Soon, they were back to the house and Baekhyun brought all they bought to the kitchen. "You two are back! So how was it, Chaeyeon?" His mom asked as she brought out the ingredients she needed from the plastic. "It was great, aunt." She smiled and Baekhyun's mom nodded, smiling back.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at how fake it sounded and so, he spun on his heels before walking out the kitchen. Once he was out, Mrs. Byun looked at Chaeyeon and faintly smiled.

"Sorry for how my son is acting. He's not just used having some other people around other than us," his mom explained and Chaeyeon smiled, nodding. 

"It's okay. I understand," she replied.

"Ja, why won't you go watch TV or do whatever you want, I'll just call you if the lunch is ready," Mrs. Byun said and Chaeyeon shook her head.

"No, it's okay. I'll just help since I'm used to doing this back in the province," she said and Mrs. Byun can't help but smile at her.

 

 

Baekhyun sat in his room, beginning with his homeworks to pass time while listening to music. If anything, music is what could help him calm his nerves and forget all the things that stresses him out, and that includes the newcomer. His peaceful time ended when he heard a knock on his door and he removed his headphones. "What?" 

"Your mom told me to call you. Lunch is ready," she said and Baekhyun deeply sighed before replying.

"I'm not hungry." He resumed with his homework when nothing followed but was distracted when there was a knock again. He groaned. "I already told you--"

"Byun Baekhyun. Open this door or I'm forcefully opening it." He gasped in surprise before he got up from his study table and walked to the door. His mom wore a disappointed face. "Let's talk." He gulped before he nodded. He couldn't do anything anyway.

He stood in front of his mom as his mom glower at him. "Baekhyun, I know you're not okay with this arrangement but Chaeyeon is the daughter of a very close friend of our family. If you're going to treat her that way, her mom might get mad it me and more than it, you're hurting her." Baekhyun held his breath when he heard that. Hurt her? As far as he knows, they were strangers to each other thus they shouldn't be affected by each other. "Son, please bare with this until the end of this semester. You can do it, right?" His mom said calmer. 

He looked down on the floor, closing his eyes before sighing. "I'll try my best. As long as she doesn't disturb me," he said and his mom smiled, patting him on the arm. 

"C'mon. The lunch is ready. Your father, brother, and Chaeyeon is already waiting downstairs." His mom walked down the stairs while he was left to his thoughts. He took a deep breath before turning, closing his door and joining them at the dining area.

 

 

"So Chaeyeon, how was your first day?" Mr. Byun asked and Chaeyeon politely smiled.

"It was okay." She replied and Baekhyun stopped himself from snorting because he knew it was nothing to being okay. Even if he didn't pay attention to her at school, he would still see her around the campus and the way the boys kept on oggling on her obviously made her uncomfortable, unless she liked that treatment then he takes back his word.

"Did you run late? You left pretty late already yesterday morning," Mrs. Byun said and Baekhyun stilled in his meal. 

"Kind of but it was okay. My prof let it slip since I'm new." She smiled and Mrs. Byun smiled, nodding.

"Aren't you majoring in Arts too? Then you should have some classes with my brother," Baekhyun's brother, Baekbeom, said and she nodded. "Was it hard dealing with him?" He joked and Baekhyun glared at him.

"Hyung," he said and Baekbeom surpressed his laughter.

"I'm just joking," he said.

"He's...okay. He's really good in class," she said, surprising Baekhyun who turned to her direction. Mr. and Mrs. Byun smiled.

"That's good to hear, Chaeyeon. He's really a very hard working student. We even have to be the one to tell him to take a break." Baekhyun inwardly groaned at what his mom said. Chaeyeon glanced at him, slightly getting curious of what his mother just said but she wasn't one to talk too much so she just smiled.

Soon, the lunch ended and Baekhyun went back to his room to change. Since he had an agreement to go out with Tao that day, he couldn't say no. He would also rather go out than be stuck at home, knowing that the newcomer was around. Running a hand in his hair, he grabbed his wallet and cellphone before walking out his room. He walked down to the living and found his father and brother at the living room watching TV.

"Appa, I'm going out," he said and his dad turned to look at him.

"Wow. That's a surprise." His dad teased while his brother laughed and he frowned. "Okay. You also go tell your mother in the kitchen," his dad said and he nodded before walking to the kitchen.

"Omma, I'm meeting Tao," he said as he stood at the doorway. His mom just finished drying her hands while Chaeyeon wiped the table. 

"Oh, alright but I think you should bring Chaeyeon along." Chaeyeon's eyes flickered to Baekhyun in surprise while the latter's eyes widened.

"She can't mom. She would be an only girl if she comes along," he said, annoyed. He glanced at Chaeyeon, as if telling her to help him but Chaeyeon stared at him confused.

"If you won't let her come along then you can't leave," his mom said sternly and his mouth hung open.

"Omma!" He whined but his mom shook her head. 

"No," she said before walking past him. Baekhyun glared at Chaeyeon whose eyes went wide in surprise. He groaned before walking after his mom.

"Omma, please. I already promised Tao. You know he'll be so disappointed," he tried to plead but his mom was stern as ever and he groaned.

"Why won't you just let her come, bro? Introduce her Seoul since she pretty much lived her life at the country side if I'm right?" His brother commented and he tried hard not to roll his eyes. He doesn't give a fck even if she lived in narnia. He just didn't want her coming along because for him, she spelled trouble, after everything that happened in the market that morning.

"I-It's okay. I'll just stay home. I have some things to do also," she said and Baekhyun was a little surprised, turning to her but she was looking at his mother, smiling so softly and innocently, it brought him guilt. He turned away, shrugging of the feeling off because he won't let her get into him. 

"She already said herself, she wouldn't want to come so, can I go out?" Baekhyun was already hurrying because he's already going to be late and knowing Tao, he would not stop calling him if he doesn't arrive on time. His mother gave him a look before looking at Chaeyeon and sighing.

"I'm allowing you today since Chaeyeon said so but you need to be home before dinner, you understand?" His mother said and even though he was annoyed that he had to be home too early, he just nodded so he could already leave.

"Got it. I'll be leaving. Bye," he said, running to the door. He wore his shoes quickly and walked out their house. As soon as he was outside, he let out a sigh of relief before looking back to their door and scoffing. His distaste for the girl was growing each day and even if he wasn't really that type of person, to hate someone so much and treat them the way he does with her, that girl, he just couldn't stand her.


A/N:

Hello my guiseeeeee. It's been days. I know and I'm sorry but I hope you understand. Everything that is happening to our fandom is just so heart breaking. Even if I wanted to update, I didn't have the heart and motivation to type up something. I really don't know when my next update would be but I hope you'll wait for it. Again, I'm really sorry.

As of now, all I wish is for you guys to stay loyal and to continue loving and supporting our boys. They needed it the most. I hope we could all stay together us one 'til the end of time. :)

Thank you for reading! 'Til again my friends, bye.