01

I'm Yours

It was any other ordinary day. His alarm clock went off at exactly six-thirty in the morning. Stretching, he pushed his duvet away and started his morning routine. 

Sitting in front of the dining table, eating up his last bite of breakfast his mother had left before heading off to work, he checked his wrist watch before downing a glass of milk. He got up from his table, put away his plate before grabbing all his things and left for the bus stop.

Reaching the bus stop, there were students and workers waiting for their own bus number. Standing behind a student who came from the same university as him, the guy turned and cringe, in annoyance or in disgust, he really doesn't care, before taking a step away, and he couldn't careless. The bus soon arrived and he took the seat nearest the door because he hated it when he takes long walking out the bus. The bus soon moved forward and he took the thirty-minute ride listening to music.

Exactly quarter to eight, he reached his first class of the day. He walked over to his seat one seat beside the window. Like usual, he spotted his friend, Tao, cramming up his homework before he turned to look at him. "Yo." 

He sat down, turning to face the taller guy with a smirk. "There's a reason for it to be called homework, it's supposed to be done at home." His tone was of matter-of-factly and Tao deadpanned on him. "And I also know that sleep is supposed to be done at home, not in school." The latter nodded his head off to the direction of the students who sat at the back, their back bent over their tables and head down. He shrugged before looking down on the other's work. "Why won't you be a good friend and help me?"

He slightly angled his head back, as if thinking before shaking his head with a lopsided smile. "I'm not a good friend so..." Tao spared him a glance, glaring at him before returning to his work. "Whatever Baek. I don't seriously understand what those one, two, three, four, five girls like in you." He barely shrugged his shoulders, not really interested. 

He had been living for nineteen years but never in his life did he mind all those girls who liked him, not giving them any hints that he's interested. Simply because he really isn't. Unlike any other boys, he didn't like the idea of liking someone, let alone fall in love, because he didn't find it necessary. Moreover, he thinks that it's giving opportunity to other people to hurt you and turn you weak and he doesn't like it. "Studies before love," he will always say whenever somebody would ask him about his lovelife.

He isn't someone who is wanted by many even though he has a fair share of admirers. He's considered as a nerd for goodness sake, but not your ordinary nerd, something that attracts some girls and gets hated by boys. He might not even be qualified for a nerd. He doesn't wear very thick eyeglasses, he doesn't have books shoved up to their faces every single minute of the day, or walking with their head down, getting shoved around by bullies. No, he's not. He's especially not anti-social, he just likes having a small circle of friends. Maybe it was just that that the people calls him a nerd but for Tao and those who knew him personally, would beg to disagree. He looks like any other average student, you wouldn't even think he's a very studious person unless you see him in class, writing down notes and knowing almost everything the professor would ask. If you ask his friends to describe him, you'll just be shocked of what they'll be saying.

He's not a part of the popular group too, at least not that he knew of. Since the time Sehun got associated with Luhan's group, who are known as the populars, even he and Tao got involved although he tried to avoid them as much as possible because truth to be told, he didn't want to be part of the 'kingkas' although he could obviously qualify as one. 

"Why won't you guys join us?" Minseok once said when they returned to university after Sehun had left. Baekhyun didn't straight out decline it but shook his head and said, "Maybe next time." It was hard though, especially when they were so nice to them even after all the fiasco between Sehun and Luhan.

The bell rang, signalling an hour of class being over and a start of another class. Their professor entered just in time and they all settled down, facing the front, but like any other typical morning, he got his homework out and threw it over Tao's table and the latter looked over at him, mouth hanging open before a smirk spread to his lips.

The professor greeted them before he blabbered about their topic for that day. It had been normal, their professor giving a short introduction about the lesson, but it was not until the door at the back, opened, catching the whole class' attention. The professor looked up from his book, staring at the person who just dared to distract his class. If anything, he hates getting distracted when he already started talking in front and having late comers, that's why the students started murmuring to each other, how the person who just entered is so damned.

"Wow. She's something," Tao said quietly, checking the girl who bowed in greeting and probably, apology for being late. Baekhyun smirked, before turning away, not giving so much interest in it. "Good luck with her."

It was a little surprise when the professor let the violation slip, after knowing how the girl was just a newcomer. She was asked to sit one column beside Tao and three rows back. That was when he cluck his tongue and glanced at the new girl's way, who also looked up just in time as he looked and for the second their eyes met, he knew he didn't like her even as a friend and no, not as a girl. You get what I mean.

He turned away not sparing the girl any emotion. The professor began as soon as he had ask the class to settle down.

 

 

The rest of the day went by normally for him, and he was glad for that. Except for the constant reminder of the newcomer since she instantly became popular after what'd happened back in class and how, according to other students, she looked beautiful, the boys already started hitting on her. Tao wasn't really helping when he himself kept on blabbering about the girl that he had to stuff a bread to his mouth just for him to stop. He was just happy that she wasn't in all his classes because he could somehow get the normal peace he had before when she wasn't around. 

When everyone else was getting curious about the said girl, he just acted like how he would normally do, attending all his classes and listening to their professor. Exactly three in the afternoon, his last class for the day ended and with such relief did he gather all of his things and slung his bag over his shoulders.

"Hey Baek. Do you want to hang-out somewhere before going home? It's Friday anyway," Tao said standing before him and he was about to agree, after being so tired from a week of nonstop homeworks when he remembered his mother asking him to go straight home and he inwardly groan.

"Can't. My mom's asking me to go home early," he said, sighing and Tao frowned. "That's lame. It's friday!" The latter said and he shrugged. "If you want, let's go out tomorrow?" Tao smiled at the idea before nodding. They both left the room, with Tao talking about what they'll do the next day while he listened in, looking for all ways just to tease and piss Tao off.

They separated once they reached the bus stop and Tao's bus arrived, leaving him alone to wait for a few more minutes. He frowned when the bus didn't arrive on time. He hated it when his schedule is being destroyed, although he isn't hurrying to get home, but still. His eyes roamed around when he spotted a familiar person standing few people beside him. He found himself frowning at her sight. She was looking down, holding to the straps of her bag like a little kid. He doesn't know why it just ticks him off but he just doesn't like her. Luckily the bus arrived and he followed the swarm of people going in. He already settled down when the newcomer walked past him. He felt someone looking at him so he looked up and the girl was startled, looked away, walking further to the back and he rolled his eyes.

The time it took him to go home isn't the same as in the morning because of the traffic caused by the fact that most classes ends that time and as well as work thus having many vehicles on the road.

When the bus stopped in his stop, he checked his wrist watched, slightly nodding. He arrived right on time, like usual and he was pleased with it although the bus was late. He got up from his seat and walked out.

It wasn't until he got a few meters away from the bus stop that he felt a presence following him. He decided to ignore it at first but it wasn't long before he stopped and looked back, and a second later, a body collided with him, sending the other person jerking back. It was safe to say that he was stunned, not just because the person collided with him but because it was the newcomer. The girl was startled before she slightly bowed and apologized. He didn't say anything, turning and leaving her alone.

He doesn't know why the girl just annoyed him so much. He just knew that he doesn't like it when she arrived in late and distracted the class. He also hated how she destroyed his supposed to be normal and peaceful day in some of his classes because of the buzz she made from entering their school. He turned the corner when he still felt that same presence behind him and feeling weirded out, he looked back and luckily the girl was able to stop before bumping onto him. Baekhyun's gaze was hard on her and she fought hard not to knit her eyebrows on him. "Are you following me?" Baekhyun didn't know how that came out from his mouth so fast and harsh but he didn't ponder on it and watch as the girl's eyes widen at him before shaking her head.

"No, why would I follow you?" The girl said and Baekhyun felt so embarrassed that he just turned away and continued down the path until he reached the front of their house. He stopped to fish out his keys from his pocket when somebody halted beside him too. He tilted his head and was shocked to see the same girl again.

"What on earth are you doing here?" He said a little bit too loud and the girl frowned. Before he could say anything though, the gate opened and they both looked up, seeing Baekhyun's mother beaming at them. 

"Great! You two are home!" Baekhyun gawked at his mother. He didn't know if he just heard it wrong but when the newcomer just bowed and greeted his mom, even calling her "aunt", he can't help but question his mom. His mother ignored him though and asked them to go inside. Baekhyun spared the girl a glance, a frown evident on his face before he followed her mom in, the girl entering last.

Once in the living room, he couldn't believe what his mom just said, as he asked again what was happening, why was the newcomer there in their house. His mom didn't like how his son was acting thus asking the other to go up so that she could already rest before facing her son once again.

"Omma, how can you let a girl stay in the house?" He was beyond annoyed and even though he was always respectful to his mother, he just can't help but to act rashly about it.

"I'm also a girl, son. Plus, nothing wrong's with her staying here. She'll be staying here for one whole semester only," his mom said but nothing convinced him as he shook his head.

"You and appa is always not home on the weekdays and hyung just goes home late at night after his work. You don't expect me to look after her that whole time, are you?" He said, praying hard that it wasn't that. His mom gave him a disapproving look, he knew then that his mom was not listening to anything he was to say.

"My decision is final. She's going to stay here until she has to leave and you, you're going to act nice to her, araso?" He groaned earning hard look from his mom.

"I'm going to my room." He turned around to leave, not saying anything because saying that he didn't like it won't change his mother's mind and agreeing is almost the same as accepting the fact that a stranger was to stay with them, at least to him she is.

Stepping into the second floor, the room to the farend of the corridor, their guest room to be exact, closed and he rolled his eyes before unlocking his door and going in.

 

 

That night, he contacted Tao and told him that he wanted to go out and the boy was more than delighted to say yes. He would rather go out than eat dinner with the girl alone since his mom left to check on their shop again and was to be back later that evening. Going down the stairs, he almost collided with the girl again. The girl looked shocked but regained her composure before bowing her head a little. "Hi." She wasn't even sure of what to say so she just said what was normally said. He stared at her for a while, the fact of her staying slowly sinking in as she stood there in casual clothes before he walked past her and to the door.

"I'm going out. Go eat or whatever. I don't care." The girl watched has he wore his shoes and left out the door. She frowned. "What an arrogant guy." She mumbled before turning back and heading back to the dining area.

 

 

"YOU ARE LIVING WITH WHO?!" Tao shouted and Baekhyun winced at how he just said that beside his ear. 

"Keep it down, panda. Are you planning to let me go deaf?" He rolled his eyes. Their order came and Baekhyun gladly take a rice cake to his mouth and instantly forgot how stressed he was with everything that has been happening since the morning.

"Yah, answer me! Did you just say you are living with the newcomer?" Tao asked poking him with his stick and Baekhyun let out a exasperated sigh before nodding.

"Yes and no, she's the one living with me. I own the house, not her." Tao rolled his eyes at how Baekhyun was so blunt.

"Man! You're so lucky, you know!" Tao said before starting with his food.

"Where's lucky there? You can take her in, I don't care." Baekhyun shrugged.

"Baek, don't you know that she's one of the most sought after girl in the campus since this morning? All boys are trying to hit on her!" Baekhyun glared at Tao, not really interested in hearing any of those. 

"And guess what, I don't care. For goodness sake, Tao, can you stop talking about her? I just told you that because I'm so annoyed having her around. I would trade anything just to get rid of her." Baekhyun groaned and Tao watched his friend rant, a smirk on his lips. The former noticed it and looked up, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"Why do you even hate her so much? She hasn't done anything wrong with you, did she?" Baekhyun was stunned for a moment because he knew Tao made a point but he isn't going to get fazed by that.

"I just don't like her. End of discussion." He concluded and Tao smirked at him, shrugging before going back to eating. He mumbled something and Baekhyun looked up at him. "What?" He asked and Tao shook his said.

"I said, you're so cranky. Are you on your period?" Tao joked and Baekhyun threw him a piece of rice, earning a laugh from the other.


A/N:

HIIIIIIIIII! As you can see, chaptered is what won the poll thus this first chapter. LOL. What do you think of this chapter? This is quite short since it's a starter. The next chapter would be longer, I promise. I'm just trying to build up Baekhyun's character. What do you think of the cranky Baekhyun? :)) It's far from the usual fanfics I've read and from how Baekhyun is usually is in real life and honestly, it's hard since I'm used to portraying Baekhyun as a happy-go-lucky guy. So yeah. I'll update as soon as I finished with the next chapter. Thank you for all who upvoted, commented and subscribed! I love you guys! :)