05

I'm Yours

Weekend came and Baekhyun was more than happy to know that he could get a break from going out of the house. The requirements was getting its toll on him for the past days and since he had finished more than half of them, he thought that he could spare some time to do some other things he would rather like to do. And that includes sleeping.

It was already past lunch when he opened his eyes and stretched on his bed. The long hours of sleep made him feel good as he pushed his blanket away and stood up. He looked at his phone to check the time and found that it was almost one in the afternoon and as if on cue, he felt his stomach grumbling. Yawning, he walked out his room. He was pretty sure that everyone was home so it was no surprise when he heard the TV in the living room open. He walked down the stairs and immediately heard the voice of his brother talking.

He wondered who he was talking to until Chaeyeon came into view and he was surprised to see her dressed up. She was wearing a button down sleeveless dress and her hair was let down in its wavy form. She was also wearing light make-up making her glow more.

Baekhyun stopped himself from thinking more as he realized that what he was thinking was getting more absurd as he thought about it. He was snapped out of his trance when his mother noticed him and said, "Oh, Baekhyun, you're awake." The two people in the living room turned to look at him as they heard his mother and he immediately shifted his eyes away. 

"Ah, yeah." He walked down the stairs avoiding all contact with Chaeyeon or the mischievous smile on his brother's face. 

He knew his brother was up to something and he wasn't already surprised when his brother said, "Hey bro. What do you think of Chaeyeon? Doesn't she look beautiful?" Baekhyun almost froze in his steps before looked back to them, his eyes meeting his brother's playful gaze and Chaeyeon's bright eyes.

He decided to play along, seeing what his brother was trying to do. He shrugged, saying, "I don't know. Does she?" He turned around once again but not without seeing his brother smirk. He knew his brother was teasing him but he knew better than to be affected by him. He ignored him and walked over to the kitchen to have his late lunch.

He was quietly eating his lunch ignoring his brother and Chaeyeon's conversation when he heard their doorbell go off. His eyes looked up when Chaeyeon got up from her seat and walked towards the intercom to know who it was. That was when he noticed that the dress she was wearing reached just above her knees and you could see how flawless and fair her legs were. But even if her legs looked nice, he hated how she wore so something that showed off more of her skin, as if she doesn't know that so many boys are trying to hit on her. He shook his head as that thought entered his mind.

"Why should I even care anyway? Isn't it that that's what she wanted? Boys' attention?" He snorted as he diverted his gaze to the door as Chaeyeon opened it and his eyes twitched when he saw who it was. 

Yixing stood there in his light brown v-neck shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. He also looked stunned for a moment before he smiled, letting his deep dimples show. He rolled his eyes. "So there are really dating huh?" He looked down on his food once Chaeyeon turned around.

"I'll be going, Beom-oppa," she said and Baekhyun's mouth almost hung low as he heard that. He felt Chaeyeon's gaze on him but he just ignored her and pretended that she wasn't there until she turned around.

"Alright. Take care," his brother replied before the door closed. He immediately felt his brother's eyes on him so he stood up and moved to the put the dirty dishes to the sink when his brother smirked and said, "I saw you." 

He almost stilled in his position before he said without turning back, "Saw what?" He knew what his brother meant and he didn't need him to actually point it out because it would just make him feel more annoyed but what was said is done, there was no turning back.

"I don't know. How you looked at her?" His voice hinted teasing and Baekhyun rolled his eyes on him as he turned and walked to the living room.

"I was looking at how ugly she looked in that dress with her hair down and a little make-up on her face and --" He stopped when he realized that he had been babbling on and on and his brother was already smiling mischievously at him. His cheeks flushed, feeling embarrassed but cleared his throat and acted indifferent, as if his brother would buy it. "Whatever."

His brother laughed. "Ugly huh? Oh well. Not that you look attractive in your bed hair to her anyway. The Yixing boy looked ten times better than you." His eyebrows narrowed at his brother before his hand flew to his hair, checking if his hair was in a mess and true to that, his hair was indeed stuck to different directions. He felt his face turn warm as he cleared his throat. He knew he hasn't washed yet but he doesn't look so unattractive...right?

He straightened his shirt before looking at his brother indignantly. "I'm ten times better than him okay?" He grumbled before walking off to his room, his brother's laughter echoed through the house. But the thought that he looked unattractive never left his mind.

Scratch that. The thought that Chaeyeon saw him looking like a hobo early in the morning never left his mind.

Pushing his door open, he turned to the door at the end of the hallway and scoffed. "Darn it. Who cares? I'm not impressing anybody anyway." And with that, he dismissed the thought and entered his room.

 

 

He was relieved when Tao called him and said if he could come over because he was so bored in his place. He didn't hesitate to say yes because he himself was quite bored and he knew that Tao wasn't actually asking for permission, he was just informing him that he will be coming over. He sat in his room, practicing for their individual presentation at the end of the month, or next week.

He stopped singing when he heard the doorbell and he stood up from his bed to answer the door, knowing it was Tao. He was alone in the house since both his parents went somewhere and his brother went out to who knows where. 

He wasn't even able to pull the door widely open when Tao barged in with curious eyes. He didn't have to ask why as he closed the door and turned to Tao. "She's not home." Tao turned to him and frowned.

"Awwe. I thought I'll be able to see her!"

Baekhyun glared at him. "Did you come here for me or for her?" 

The other pretended to think before saying, "Her?" Tao grinned and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Well then since she's not here, the exits that way, panda." Tao laughed at his friend before slinging an arm on his shoulder.

"I was just joking, Baek. Why so groggy?" He asked, peeking over his friend's face. Baekhyun shook off his arm and walked to the stairs. Baekhyun just ignored him as he felt him following him. As soon as they entered the room, Tao noticed the music sheets scattered on his bed and knew he was practicing. "So you are getting ready for the presentation?" 

Baekhyun nodded before sitting in front of his desk, Tao comfortably occupying his bed. Tao read through the lyrics and realized that the song was a love song. He looked up, seeing Baekhyun fixing his hair on his mirror.

"You know what, I still don't get why you still don't have a girlfriend," Tao said, his eyebrows raised. Baekhyun shrugged before facing him. He opened his mouth to talk when Tao put his hand up, stopping him. "'Studies before love. That's my priority.'" He mimicked and Baekhyun actually found it hilarious since Tao tried imitating his voice. "I've memorized it and please, can't you have any better reason?" He snorted and Baekhyun pout his lips in thought.

"Well, I don't find it necessary. What's so good about liking somebody anyway?" Tao hadn't even answered before he snapped his fingers. "Oh right, inspiration but I don't need it. I have more than inspiration," Baekhyun said, staring back at Tao who rolled his eyes.

"It's not just inspiration. You will feel a different kind of motivation. Like, you would like to go to school everyday because you know you will see her. You would be more energized to wake up every morning because you have something to look forward to. There's just so many, Baek! And what I'm talking about is girlfriend, and having one is way better than liking somebody. There's somebody else who would care for you, text you every morning and every night before sleeping. Her knowing how to cook is just a bonus! You get me, bro?" Tao was already out of breath after, his chest heaving having said so many things and all he received from Baekhyun was a shrug. Tao sighed exasperatedly. "Don't blame me if I think that you're a gay because I don't know anybody but you who doesn't like a girl and acts like a anti-girlfriend guy."

Baekhyun glared at him, scoffing. "I'm more than straight, thank you."

"Then prove it!" Tao said, making Baekhyun's eyes widen.

"And in what way? Get a girl?" Baekhyun let out a laugh before shaking his head. "No thanks Tao. I have more things to bother myself with than dating." He went over to his bed and grabbed the neglected music sheets at Tao's side and went back to practicing.

Tao groaned, hitting his head on the soft pillows before muttering, "Where's Sehun when you need him?" Baekhyun heard it and smirked.

 

 

The sun was already about to set when Tao decided to leave. They just spent most of the time teasing each other and Tao losing every single time because it's Byun Baekhyun we are talking about. No one could beat him when it comes to it.

Once he was alone, he turned his music on since there wasn't really anything to do. He already did all he could from surfing the internet to playing but he already got bored of all of it. His grabbed his phone and read the time. It was already almost six in the evening, and nobody was still home besides him. He moved to his window to check if anybody was outside but found their front empty. He knew that his parents would come home late since they were always like that when they go out with just the two of them. His brother too since he thought that probably he went out with his friends too and it was already normal for him to go home late. And that leaves him with one person and that was Chaeyeon.

He hated to admit that he was actually wondering what on earth was she doing that she wasn't still home. Was she having too much fun with Yixing that she already forgot about time? Did Yixing prepare an event for her that she had to go home so late? Questions run inside his mind and he found all of it nonsense. He shouldn't even have thoughts like that but it invaded his mind without caution. But it was just normal to think like that if the sun had already gone down and a girl like her is still isn't home, right? But it wasn't also normal for a person who hates someone to even concern himself for something so trivial at least for him, and that was what made him annoyed.

"Who cares if she goes home late, anyway? She's already big enough to take care of herself. It was actually way better if she isn't home. Damn, she could actually just leave the house for all I care!" He muttered but rather than sounding convincing, he just sounded angry and irritated. 

His thoughts got cut when he heard their house door close and he was called down to already eat dinner. 

They were only three at the table as his brother was still out and Chaeyeon hasn't obviously gotten home. There were plates of take-out food and if it was any other day in the past where his thoughts would be pulled out by it, it weren't. His frown never left his face and his parents immediately noticed it.

"Is something wrong, son?" His mom asked and he looked up, a little surprised. His mother chuckled. "You are frowning," she pointed out and Baekhyun automatically wore his straight face, noticing from the reflection on the spoon that he indeed was wearing a frown.

"Nothing. I was just having a problem with my song presentation next week," he lied but it was better than saying that it was actually because of a girl  he hated with passion. His parents looked at him, unconvinced because they knew their son pretty well, and he was like a music prodigy of sort. Baekhyun felt his parents attention on him and sighed. "I'm telling the truth, okay? I'm nervous that I couldn't seem to get some notes." He was hoping that with that, they would buy it and luckily, his parents nodded and dropped discussion. 

They began eating in silence and he was actually hoping that any of them would open up a topic because the tranquility in the air makes him return back to his thoughts of her he'd rather not dwell into. He doesn't know whether or not he should be thankful when his father decided to say something becausei t just reminded him of what Tao kept on telling him earlier that day, and he looked up to answer the question that was obviously directed to him.

"Tao came by. We didn't do much than play around." He heard footsteps as soon as he finished talking and his head turned to look in curiosity. Chaeyeon stood at the doorway to the dining area and bowed in respect, greeting. His eyes stayed on her until she looked up and look at him. He doesn't even know why he was looking at her but he did. Then he remembered how he was annoyed with her and how she made him frustrated because she was just home then and a frown plastered itself on his face. He saw her lips press together in confusion before he turned away.

"Chaeyeon, have you eaten dinner?" His mother asked and Chaeyeon politely smiled and shook her head.

"Well then, c'mon join us. The food is more than enough for all of us," his father replied. Chaeyeon nodded her head before settling down opposite Baekhyun, where she would usually sit.

"So how was your day with Yixing?" His mother asked, smiling, a hint of teasing in her voice too. Baekhyun perked up at this before he discreetly looked at Chaeyeon and found her cheeks tinted in pink, making him silently scoff.

"It was okay," she replied and his mother nodded, a smile on her lips.

"I was just wondering, I hope I'm not meddling in your life but, is that boy trying to court you?" Baekhyun almost choke on his food but luckily didn't. Instead, he looked at his mother, surprised that his mother even thought that she wasn't being too curious about the girl's whereabouts. He didn't say anything though, afraid that his mom would get mad at him.

He continued eating but listened because even if he isn't interested, he couldn't really avoid not hearing their talk so he guessed that he wasn't really listening out of his own will.

"No, we're just friends," she said, smiling a little and Baekhyun let out a breath, not realizing that he was holding his breath all along. His father noticed it and gave his son a curious glance before a small smile reached his lips. Baekhyun was too occupied smirking in his mind that he didn't see the smile on his father's lips.

The dinner ended half an hour later and the two of them went back to their rooms. Chaeyeon was walking before him and he tried focusing his eyes elsewhere because the way Chaeyeon's dress was too short for his liking make it awkward for him. It was an easy feat until he miscalculated the steps and ended up stumbling on the stairs, catching the girl's attention as she looked back and found him scrambling to get up.

Baekhyun felt utterly embarrassed as he tried avoiding the girl's eyes but he couldn't help it when she just stopped in front of him and was looking down on him. "What are you looking at?" He scowled, seeing the glint in her eyes and how she bit her lips to stop herself from laughing. He felt his cheeks turn warm before he glared at her. "So you find it funny?" 

Chaeyeon gulped, shaking her head, a little flustered. "Are you okay?" She asked and Baekhyun rolled his eyes and walked past her, embarrassment eating him up, because no matter how you try to put it, he's still a guy and he has a pride and stumbling with a girl looking is just pride degrading.

Or maybe it was because it was her. The girl he hated.

"Stop asking if I'm okay when all you wanted was to laugh," he muttered before reaching his room and slamming the door close, startling the girl who puffed her cheeks. She felt bad but she can't help it when she saw the staertled look on the other's face. A small smile reached her lips before she passed his room and to her own.


A/N:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! How are you guys doing? ^^ Well, I'm back for another chapter. Sorry if it took some time since I couldn't think of anything nice to put. I'm really not contented with how this chapter went at first but I guess, it was okay. Or maybe not? Heol... Content aside, I think this chapter is also short. /sigh/ I've been having a short writer's block yesterday. It's not really a writer's block because I actually have something in mind to type but I don't think it should be placed this early so I had to think of something else so this is how this chapter came to be. LOL

Anyway, I have a question. Do you guys want to see Chaeyeon's whereabouts? I mean, I've been focusing a lot on Baekhyun's, so I'm wondering if you want to see Chaeyeon's? Please comment down since I've been really thinking about this for quite some time. Thank you! I'll update as soon as I can. :)