013

I'm Yours

And of course, it was a lie.

Sehun had just to discreetly point that out throughout their conversation. It was obvious even if his best friend didn't say it straightforwardly. And like always, at talks like that, he won. 

"Say hi to Tao and the guys for me, and as always, I'm looking forward to meet YOU soon Baek." Those were the last words Sehun said before the video screen went black and back to their conversation box.

Until he slept that night, all he kept on doing was convincing himself that he hated her, and fail miserably.

 

His alarm woke him up just a few hours after he had fallen asleep. He had slept eleven in the evening that night, after talking to Sehun for two straight hours and packing his things for their one night stay in Busan. Sleepily, he grabbed his cellphone by his nightstand and shut the alarm off. He dropped it back to its place after and stayed still on his bed for a while before fluttering his eyes open, staring at nothing but darkness. He let out a sigh before pushing himself up to a sitting position and turning his lamp on. 

He turned to look at his window and it was obvious that the sun hasn't risen yet. He grabbed his cellphone again and checked the time. Six in the morning. He tried to buy himself some more time as he scrolled through his phone but it was not long until he was distracted by his thoughts and dropped his hands on his lap, staring up at his ceiling illuminated by the light from his cellphone screen. It didn't last long before it dimmed before the light was out again.

He should only be home today. It was a Saturday after all, a time to sleep in and just do whatever you want but he couldn't because of some event he wasn't even ecstatic about. It is given that their family was close with them and he had made good friends with their son who is a few years younger than him but that is the problem. He knew him, so he wouldn't stop nagging and pestering him whatever he wanted to say. It's not like he hated the guy but right now, he just wasn't in the mood for joking around. He has so many things on his plate. And not to mention, there is also someone tagging along.

Chaeyeon.

Just the reminder of the name makes his stomach twist in ways he couldn't explain and he let out a groan. He wanted to blame Sehun for making him overthink things again but then, the guy was actually trying to do a favor although he wasn't really asking it. Maybe that was what best friends are. Sometimes, before you find it out yourself, they've already figured it out.

A loud sigh sounded in his room before he heard footsteps just outside his door. 

"She's already awake? Right. What a stupid question is that, Baekhyun? Of course she's awake. You have to be at the subway by quarter to eight!" He messed his already dishevelled hair. Looking at the time, his eyes doubled its size as it was almost six-fifteen. His uncle would be picking them up by quarter and he still had to wash up and check to see if he already have all the things he needed.

Hurrying, he slung his legs over his bed, stood up, grabbed his towel by the wall and exited his room, hoping that he would have enough time before his uncle comes.

 

It was seven-thirty when he finished changing to a yellow-brown striped sweater and a pair of jeans. He had fifteen minutes left to spare so he decided to go over his things one more time when he heard a knock on his door. His heart jumped in surprise but he tried to remain his cool and said that the door was not locked.

Cautiously, Chaeyeon peeked in the door and found Baekhyun standing by his bed as he looked inside his bag. She opened the door a little wider, stepping a foot in when Baekhyun turned to her, his eyes travelling from her eyes to her foot that had stepped in his room. 

"You shouldn't step into people's room, especially if it is a boy's room as careless as like that. You should know that by now," he said, not mad but not pleased either. Gulping, she stepped back and stood timidly by the door, muttering a soft sorry. Baekhyun looked away, wetting his lips that dried up. His heart was surprisingly beating fast and he cleared his throat, trying to calm his heart. 

"What do you want?" He asked feeling hot all of a sudden.

"Right. Uh... Do you want to eat breakfast? I could cook a fast meal if you want," she said almost unsure and scared and Baekhyun suddenly felt a struck of pain. Was he that repulsive? 

"Yeah, you are." Tao's voice rang in his head and he unconsciously shook his head. Chaeyeon frowned a little, wondering what was wrong with him.

"Baekhyun-ssi?" Chaeyeon called.

Baekhyun snapped out of his thoughts. "No. You know you shouldn't even bother. Besides, Samchon will be here in a few minutes anyway." And like on cue, they heard their doorbell ring. 

"You're right. I'll see downstairs then." She turned around and left and but stopped and turned around again. Baekhyun looked back up at her, his eyebrows creasing in the middle. "Sorry about it again." With that she left him standing there, sighing his frustrations away.

 

"So you two are studying in the same university?" Baekhyun's uncle asked, as his eyes turned to look at the rear view mirror to look at Chaeyeon. Baekhyun groaned inwardly.

"Samchon, eyes on the road please," Baekhyun said, trying to distract his uncle.

He almost forgot how his uncle actually tends to talk a lot. Like really. It's not so much of a wonder because he was an entertainer but even off-stage, he still just can't stop talking. And for someone like Baekhyun who hated noise, it was annoying. Don't misunderstand it. Baekhyun like his uncle, it's just that things were different now and well, he was unexpectedly feeling embarrassed since Chaeyeon was there. The sudden thought made him scrunch his nose up. Why would he even be embarrassed? Anyway, he loves seeing her uncomfortable, right, since she also made him feel like it. He was almost about to go insane with all the thoughts in his head and he leet out a loud sigh.

"I am. Geez, relax kid. So you two study in the same uni?" His uncle continued as if it wasn't obvious yet that Baekhyun was annoyed.

"Ah, neh," she replied politely. Baekhyun glanced up to the rear view mirror and saw that in fact, Chaeyeon was feeling uncomfortable. He wasn't surprised though as he knows that girl really wasn't much of a talker. Well, at least to what he sees, she isn't.

"I see. If it's okay, may I know why you're staying at my sister's place again? I mean, not that I mind. I'm sure my nephew here needed some company as well. He's a lonely kid, as you can see--"

"SAMCHON! I'm living just fine and I'm not lonely!" Baekhyun almost screamed out of frustration.

"Yah, young mister, I'm just asking. Why are you getting so mad at? And I'm not asking you, but this pretty lady here," his uncle said. Baekhyun harrumphed, slumping on his seat.

Chaeyeon felt awkward although she find their relationship rather cute since there aren't many uncle-nephew relationship as comfortable as that.

"So, Chaeyeon, as I was saying, I'm not forcing you to answer it. I'm just curious," he continued, and althroughout the the forty minute ride, there wasn't a moment of peace.

 

His uncle dropped them off just in front of the Seoul Subway Station, bidding them goodbye as he still had to hurry home to get ready for work. Baekhyun felt so tired even if he had just sat there, not doing anything but tell his uncle to keep his eyes on the road and refute to whatever he tried to say about him. Truth to be told, he doesn't even have a face anymore to look at Chaeyeon as his uncle just didn't stop saying stories about him once in a while. Somehow though, he felt a little comfort knowing that Chaeyeon wasn't taking it seriously. Or he'd like to think.

It was already fifteen minutes to their boarding time and they hurried to get inside. They were surprised by the massive amount of people when they got there, walking in and out of the station. They don't have time to think though as they had to rush before the train leaves them behind.

Baekhyun walked fast down the stairs while Chaeyeon tried to catch up his pace. It was hard though as people were bumping into her throwing her back. Baekhyun was only a few steps down when he noticed that Chaeyeon wasn't already anywhere beside him and he suddenly felt panicky inside as he looked back and around only to see her trying to get past the swarm of people. He could see how the girl had been hit by a guy who even reprimanded her as she said sorry. He felt his fist curling into a fist, anger building up inside him unconsciously. Jogging his way up past the people, he grabbed her wrist, surprising her as he looked up. 

Their eyes met and Baekhyun searched her eyes, opened his mouth to say something but closed it again before tugging on her wrist.

"Hurry up will you?" He said as if all that would come out of his mouth when it comes to her was harshness but there was no time to think about that and as they walked past the swarm of people, he held her wrist tight, making sure he wouldn't lose her like he almost did a moment ago.

The last warning for the doors to be closed was sounded around the station and they fastened their pace and at the last minute, they stepped in the train, out of breath, wrist to hand.

 

They stood there, trying to catch their breaths and Baekhyun glanced her way. Her hair was sticking out everywhere and Baekhyun held back a smile. Chaeyeon noticed him and blinked back at him, creasing her eyesbrows at him.

"What?" She asked.

He smirked. "You look like a storm just hit you. Let's go," he said, turning around, a smile plastered to his lips.

She frowned, her hand reaching up to her hair and she muttered, "It's not like his was any better." Baekhyun heard this and he turned around, glaring at her.

"Yah, I heard that." She pursed her lips close and shrugged. He snickered before facing forward, his hand unconsciously reaching up to fix his hair and Chaeyeon stifled her laughter.

 

They found two empty seats and settled in for that. Baekhyun moved aside to give her way and she was startled for a second, glancing up at him and noticing the pair of eyes, Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at her. She immediately looked away and shuffled over to the seat beside the window with Baekhyun sitting beside her.

A few minutes later the train jerked forward and a welcoming message echoed all throughout the train before it shut off. Chaeyeon stared out the window to see scenery outside change per second. She leaned back to her seat and let out a soft sigh. She doesn't know why she was even riding that train to Busan to meet someone she doesn't even know. But then, she doesn't have a heart at all to decline the offer seeing how excited Mrs. Byun was that night they told them about following to the said place Saturday morning before the wedding. Maybe it was a moment for her to forget about some things and just enjoy a time out of the busy city. A soft smile settled on her lips at the thought.

Baekhyun sat quietly on his seat, not knowing what to do. He leaned back to his seat accidentally brushing his knee to Chaeyeon's making him immensely aware of how close they were. He glanced at their knees that Chaeyeon didn't seem to care or notice as she stared out the window. It was the closest they've been ever since they've met. He cleared his throat and looked elsewhere, retracting his knee from hers. A minute later he felt his stomach ache and he grunted. 

"Why didn't I even grab a carton of juice or milk?" He muttered under his breath. He decided to just ignore the pain and close his eyes. It's still a three hour ride so the best way to spend it is sleep. Just a few minutes later, he felt a nudge and he groaned, facing his head to the other way. There was another nudge and annoyed, he snapped his eyes open.

"Wha--" A roll of bibimbap was held out to him and he blinked down on the food.

"I made that this morning. I knew one of us would eventually get hungry," she said and shrugged. Baekhyun hesitated. He wasn't just about to accept something from his enemy when she could clearly see it. He swallowed a lump in his throat still staring at the food. Chaeyeon sighed, finally placing the food on his lap. "Just go eat it. Why are you even so stubborn when you're obviously hungry?" Chaeyeon muttered and Baekhyun pressed his lips in a thin line, eyes widening on the girl. Did she just answer back to him? He was supposed to be angry but instead, he was astonished. It was the longest thing she had said to him.

Finally snapping out of his trance as Chaeyeon uncapped a bottle of water beside him, he grabbed the bibimbap from his lap, opening the foil cover and after a little hesitation, muttered a thanks and eating, his face turning warm for some reason.

Chaeyeon just smiled in return before staring out the window again, so many thoughts lingering at the back of her mind. Her smiled faltered a bit as she remembered something and she softly sighed, catching Baekhyun's attention. 

He noticed the look on Chaeyeon's face. Was it sadness? Longing? Regret? Loneliness? Swallow a big bite of bibimbap, he cleared his throat. 

"Stop being an emo there and eat. We still have almost three hours to go before we arrive there," Baekhyun said surprising himself for actually even caring if she ate or not. He considered it as a token of thanks after offering him food. He was still angry at her nevertheless and hate her for certain things.

"Ah, yeah, I guess," she said, smiling a little before grabbing a roll of bibimbap for herself. "I wonder if Tao had eaten already or if he is whining right now?"

"Both." Chaeyeon stifled a laugh while Baekhyun smirked.

Putting down his guard for a short while wouldn't hurt, right?

 

The three-hour ride was over before they even noticed it and Baekhyun stirred awake as he felt the train jolt to a stop, the speakers going in to announce their arrival to Busan station. He lifted his head to feel a weight on his right shoulder. He turned to his right and saw Chaeyeon still fast asleep. His eyes widened in surprise. 

"When..." He tried to shake his head to clear himself of any sleep. He remembered eating and then having short conversations with Chaeyeon about the guys who were probably lazing in their beds then that was it. He fell asleep. He turned to his right and took a deep breath. He patted her on the shoulder. 

"Yah... Wake up..." He said but Chaeyeon remained still. He loudly sighed, looking around as if to look for help but seeing everyone vacating the train. Finally, he started shaking her softly and luckily the said girl stirred awake and sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Are we here?" She asked looking outside then at Baekhyun only to realize the moisture on the guy's shoulder, making her panic. "Did I sleep on you? I'm sorry! I tend to do that when I'm tired. I...uhm..." She quickly grabbed her hankerchief in panic and Baekhyun watched her in amusement but only until Chaeyeon wiped something on his sholder did he realized that she had just drooled slightly on him.

"H...Hey yah! Did you just...?" Baekhyun half-shouted making Chaeyeon's face go pink in embarrassment. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I promise!" Chaeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed in agitation. The train was already near to empty and so Baekhyun just ignored the fact that someone had drooled on him before grabbing his things and standing up. Chaeyeon bit her lower lip as she watched Baekhyun stand and stand in the aisle. Baekhyun, noticing the girl not even moving but staring at him, looked at her with arched eyebrows.

"What are you still doing? We need to go," Baekhyun said annoyed but as soon as he saw the panic in Chaeyeon's face as she scrambled to get her things and stand up, a smirk lifted up in his lips. He bit it back when Chaeyeon faced him and he rolled his eyes before walking out the train, a lopsided smile plastering itself on his lips.

 

"Yeah... We're here. Where?" Baekhyun said over the phone as they stood outside the Busan Station, Chaeyeon standing beside him as she scanned the area. Soon they spotted his brother and he ended the call.

"Hey Chaeyeon! Long time no see," Baekbeom greeted brightly and Baekhyun's mouth went agape. Chaeyeon grinned back at him. 

"Hi oppa," she said. Baekbeom finally turned to his brother who had a pout on his face.

"Aigoo, is my brother jealous?" Baekbeom said as he slung an arm over the other's shoulder. 

"Jealous? No way. Let go of me," Baekhyun said as he shrugged of the older's shoulder. Baekbeom smirked.

"So, how did it go? Admitting defeat already?" Baekbeom whispered as he leaned to Baekhyun's ear. Baekhyun seemed to just remember then their bet and swallowed.

Did he win or did his brother win again?

Baekbeom smirked as he leaned away and smiled at them both. "Shall we go then? Appa and omma's waiting for you two," Baekbeom said and with another look at Chaeyeon then at Baekhyun, he smirked and turned away.

 

They stopped in front of a slightly bigger house than theirs. Baekbeom parked the car and they all went down. Baekhyun felt nostalgic as his eyes landed on the familiar house and surroundings. He took a deep breath. All along the ride, he was thinking of the bet and ignoring the incessant teasings of his brother as he talked with Chaeyeon. He just kept on glaring to his way or scowling at him before they pulled up in the driveway of the Im residence.

"Baekhyun, Chaeyeon, you're here!" His mom said happily as the three entered the house and Baekbeom slipped away to get himself some breakfast. Baekhyun gave his mom a slight nod and a small smile while Chaeyeon smiled and bowed a little. A little later, a woman who looks no younger than Baekhyun's mom appeared and she looked so delighted as she beamed, "Baekhyun! Ohmy, look at you! You've grown tall and really handsome!" Baekhyun smiled. He doesn't know whether that was supposed to be a compliment or an insult considering he wasn't even that tall. He went for the former to give himself some self-esteem.

"You still look young as far as my memory could pick up, Imo," Baekhyun said and the woman chuckled in a shy way while Chaeyeon fought hard not to gape. She didn't know the boy knew how to flutter a lady. She bit back the amusement pulling up on her lips as the lady noticed her.

"Omo, is this the pretty lady you are telling me, Hyomin?" The woman said and Chaeyeon not knowing how to respond to that after hearing her calling her pretty and Baekhyun obviously holding back his snort, felt her face turn warm before she slightly bowed. "Come here, dear. May I know your name?" The woman said smilingly.

"Chaeyeon, ma'am," she replied softly as she smiled.

"Oh, such a pretty name for a beautiful lady. It's nice to meet you Chaeyeon. I'm glad you could come," she said as she gave Chaeyeon a friendly hug which Chaeyeon returned.

"T-Thank you," she stuttered and Baekhyun smirked, seeing Chaeyeon's flustered face. He completely lost the smirk when a very familiar voice hollered from the stairs.

"OMMA! IS BACON HYUNG ALREADY HERE?!" 

Baekhyun felt all the color drain from his face while Chaeyeon looked surprised.

"Aigoo, this boy. Come, Baekhyun and Chaeyeon. Why are we even standing here at the foyer," the woman said sheepishly as she ushered them in. "Im Jaebum, how many times do I have to tell you to stop shouting? We have visitors!" The woman said in a reprimanding tone when a boy who looked a little younger than them emerged from stairs.

"Oh c'mon, omma, I just missed Bacon hyung," the boy said with a grin before he faced Baekhyun with a very wide smile. "BACON HYUNG! WHAT'S UP?!" He said giving the latter a big hug. Baekhyun was taken aback by the force but patted the other's back in return.

"You never changed," Baekhyun said with a smirk.

"Of course, I'm still the awesome Im Jaebum." He smiled. His smile went wider when his eyes landed on Chaeyeon who stood by Baekhyun's side staring back at him awkwardly. Jaebum looked at her then at Baekhyun. "YOU ALREADY GOT A GIRLFRIEND?!"

"Here goes Im Jaebum and his big mouth."


A/N:

HI MY LOVELY READERS! How are you all doing? I hope you're all doing great! Anyway, how'd you like this chapter? I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. A little fluff wouldn't hurt right? Kekeke. What do you think would happen with a little addition of Jaebum? I think it'll be really exciting. Kekeke

Btw, if you guys have any poster you want to give, you could send me a link and I'll sure use it for a chapter :)

Thank you for reading! Comments? :)

 

Cute and y Baek anybody? ^^