014

I'm Yours

"I hope you don't mind sharing a room with Jaebum."

"Why would you even think that, mom? I'm sure Bacon hyung wouldn't mind, right?" Jaebum grinned widely as he nudged the older on the side, making Baekhyun inwardly groan.

"He's right. It's not like it's the first time, imo." Baekhyun just forced on a smile and replied.

"Great. I'll help him settle for now, okay? Bye mom," Jaebum said, pushing Baekhyun further inside the room and waving a hand to his mother before closing the door.

"I'll just call you boys for lunch then. Don't make Baekhyun freak out because of you, alright." They heard Mrs. Im said from the other side of the room and Jaebum rolled his eyes with a lopsided smile. 

"I won't!" He hollered before spinning on his heels and facing the stoic face of Baekhyun as his eyes roamed the room.

"You've got more stuffs in your room now, huh," Baekhyun said monotonously and even if he just wanted to get out of the other boy's radar, he know he wouldn't and couldn't, and even if he tried to avoid the boy's gaze, he knew it would just raise questions from the other boy, as they were, well, really close before. Instead, he faced the boy but with still the straight face.

The other smirked before going over to his bed and plopping down.

"You look a tad bit better than before, hyung. Is that because..."

"No. And a little reminder, I always looked good even before," Baekhyun snickered as he placed down his bag on the floor.

"You're still too confident. I guess that is one thing that didn't change and I bet it would never," Jaebum said, smirking and Baekhyun arched an eyebrow at him. 

"Was that an insult or a compliment?"

"Whatever doesn't sit well on your plate," Jaebum grinned playfully while Baekhyun rolled his eyes. A short moment of silence took over as Baekhyun stood awkwardly in the middle of the room before he found the chair in front of the desk and occupied it, leaning back on the soft cushion.

Baekhyun hoped that he could savor that moment of silence longer because he just felt so tired and restless even if he had slept for maybe about an hour during the train ride, but he knew silence was non existent when the younger boy was around. He remembered how people would call them the noise-makers when they were still kids as wherever they are, it would be noisy, and not to mention chaotic. They were only quiet when they were eating and of course, sleeping. Before he could even close his eyes, Jaebum had already sat on the edge of his bed, grinning at him.

"What?" Baekhyun said nonchalantly. "I know I'm too handsome but please stop staring."

"Who is she?" Jaebum asked, ignoring the other's words. Baekhyun knew that was coming sooner or later but he didn't know why he felt irked knowing he even asked who she is before even asking how he've been. 

"Just somebody. I don'y really care," Baekhyun said, shrugging of the topic as he spun on the chair and faced the window.

"Hmmm... I see," Jaebum replied but not without a slight teasing tone that Baekhyun caught on and chose to ignore as he knew it wouldn't do him any good if he gave it more attention. "But you could, you know, introduce me to her, right?" Jaebum replied with shy smile and Baekhyun almost gawked at him. Was he really serious, was what came to his mind as he stared at the boy who had his cheeks painted in pink.

"You...no way...not you too," Baekhyun groaned and Jaebum perked up.

"What do you mean me too?" Jaebum asked, blinking innocently before he caught onto it and made an 'o' in his mouth. "Well, it's not her fault she's that attractive." Baekhyun glared at his way and Jaebum raise his hands up in surrender. "I didn't mean it that way."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Whatever. If you like her, then go to her yourself. I know you could do well without my help anyway," Baekhyun said but the second it left his lips, he doesn't know if he really wanted Jaebum to talk to her. He tried to convince himself that it's okay, that he shouldn't even care but knowing the other boy made him feel anxious although he tried to wave it away.

"Okay then. I'm just making sure you're not going to jump in or that I'm not stepping on someone else's relationship," he replied nonchalantly although Baekhyun knew there was an underlying meaning to what he was saying and like always, he just shrugged it off.

"Yeah, whatever." 

 

The table was filled with talks as they all gathered around for lunch. Baekhyun felt nothing but uneasy as he sat in between in his mother and Chaeyeon and the elders was reminiscing the past

"Oh, I remember that time when the Jaebum and Baekhyun would bicker but it wouldn't even be minutes before they hug each other and continue playing." Everyone laughed except for Baekhyun and Jaebum who felt hot on the face and whined.

"Can we just please forget all about it? It's really embarrassing," Baekhyun said, hoping the elder's would give them a break.

"Why, bro, embarrassed because we have many pretty ladies around?" Baekbeom said, smiling mischievously. Baekhyun glared at him while Jaebum blinked at him before as if a light bulb went on his said and he smirked.

"Alright, alright. It's just so nice reminiscing, don't you agree, Kibum and Jaein?" Mrs. Byun said and the other two couple smiled and nodded.

"Looking at them, there's no denying I've aged so much. My daughter is even getting married tomorrow!" Mrs. Im said, getting teary eyed all of a sudden.

"Mom..." Yoona, the bride, cooed. "You know I'm still your daughter even if I'm married right?"

"I know but things wouldn't be exactly the same after you're married off. Believe me, my dear," her mother replied. The shrill ringing of a phone caught all of their attention as Yoona grinned sheepishly and excused herself. The conversation shifted immediatedly and Baekhyun didn't know whether or not to be relieved that the topic wasn't focused on him anymore because it diverted to the girl beside him as none other than Jaebum placed the spotlight on her.

"You're Chaeyeon-ssi, right?" Jaebum asked innocently that Baekhyun would've fell for if only he didn't know why he was asking.

Chaeyeon nodded with a small smile, not knowing what else to say. She felt a little awkward although they were all welcoming and unconsciously, she side-glanced to Baekhyun's way that Jaebum and Baekbeom noticed right away but ignored for the sake of not turning the air more awkward and probably tensed as it is.

"I heard you are staying at the hyung's residence. How's it living with them? I mean, I know all of them are great people, except, well," Jaebum glanced over at Baekhyun who glared at him while the elders watched them with small smiles.

"Are you going to say something?" Baekhyun forced a smile and Jaebum knew not to push too hard if he still wanted to attend his sister's wedding.

"I mean... They are all great. I'm sure you're having a great time with them, yeah?" Jaebum said turning to look at Chaeyeon again who bit back a smile on the two boys' playful words.

"Yes. They are all very nice..." She fought not to look at Baekhyun as she said that and Baekbeom caught onto it and stifled a laugh, making her turn red on the face while Baekhyun felt his face turning warm. Jaebum caught onto it and made an 'o' beofre nodding with keeping the smirk to himself.

"That's great!"

"I heard you are studying with Baekhyun in the same university. You're taking an art course too, if I'm not mistaken?" Mrs. Im asked smiling.

"Ahhh, neh. I'm taking Multimedia," she replied politely.

"Oh, that's nice. How's it so far living in Seoul? Hyomin told me that you lived in Gyeonggi Province before you transferred to live with them." Upon hearing that Baekhyun froze in his seat as the information sunk in. She was from there, he asked himself as he looked at his mom as if to confirm it until he heard Chaeyeon's soft voice reply.

"It's not really diffrent although Seoul is buzzing with more people compared in Gyeonggi-do," Chaeyeon replied with a small smile.

"Oh, dear, you are so right about that. When I first came to Seoul..."

The conversation drifted just like that but Baekhyun still dwelled on that fact for some reason until lunch finished. It dawned on him how much he didn't know the girl even though they've been living and studying together for more than a month now when everyone who she just knew looked as if they've known her longer than he did. Then he thought of the past month with her and how they've been really nothing but housemates and schoolmates, not even acquiantance, and the conversations he'd had with her that consisted of nothing but snarky remarks, negativity (although only on his part), and necessaries. And he wondered if it was because he was just too ignorant or he just hated her too much to even care. Maybe both.

 

They gathered at the backyard, trying to get away from the heat and get some fresh air. Since it was almost summer, it was getting hot and staying inside wasn't doing anything good to relieve that hot feeling, so even if Baekhyun just wanted to stay inside, he joined the rest outside, although kept to himself by a bench at the side. Jaebum seemed to ignore him completely, focusing his attention solely on Chaeyeon. Baekhyun doesn't know whether to get irritated or not but he actually find himself smiling as he found Chaeyeon not knowing what to do and sometimes looking back at him but he just looks away and pretends to be busy with his phone.

He would just feel uneasy whenever he hears his name being muttered and he would glance up at them and cast a glance at whoever said his name, and mostly it was Jaebum. The latter paid little to no attention whenever he does so he just rolled his eyes and mumble under his breath about punching the daylights out of the other boy if he said something he shouldn't about him.

It wasn't even minutes when he heard his name being called and he looked up to see his mother motioning him over. He stood up knowing asking why wouldn't give him any answers. He saw the troubled expressions on the elders' faces and at Yoona who gripped her phone tightly between her hands. Baekbeom stood by her telling her it's gonna be alright while Jaebum and Chaeyeon already turned to them too, wondering what was happening. Baekhyun looked at them all, wondering what was going on. He turned to look at Jaebum, wondering if he knew but the boy looked clueless as he is.

"Yoona, you go tell them, dear," Mrs. Im said smiling encouragingly and Yoona smiled a little before turning to them and then on him and the girl who stood a person beside him. Suddenly, he felt his stomach flipping as if he knew what was coming although he tried to deny it to himself.

"You see, my best friend just called. She's one of the signicant people for the wedding but something came up and she and her boyfriend couldn't come. I know it would be too much to ask but I hope, you know, you could substitute for them. I know it's sudden but I hope it's okay for you, Baekhyun and Chaeyeon," Yoona said, a little unsure but hopeful. 

Baekhyun didn't know if he just heard it right and if Yoona was referring to him and Chaeyeon but as he looked around, he knew there was no one else but them as his brother already had a part as one, the same goes for Jaebum. Chaeyeon looked as shocked as he is. He looked at his parents who nodded and smiled at him then at Chaeyeon who seemed to look at himself as well. He could see the uncertainty in Chaeyeon's eyes and he couldn't blame her because it was really too sudden.

"Uhm... It's not that I didn't want to help but isn't there anybody who could do it besides us?" He asked. Yoona shook her head sadly.

"Just do it, bro. You have nothing to lose anyway," Baekbeom said although as he looked in his eyes, he knew he was one reason why they've chosen him.

"A...Alright." Baekhyun finally gave in, knowing he doesn't have any choice. Yoona's face brightened a little as she softly muttered a thank you and he smiled back a little.

"How about you, Chaeyeon? It's okay, right?" Baekbeom asked smiling brightly, a smile Baekhyun knew Chaeyeon couldn't say no to. Baekhyun tried hard not to roll his eyes on his brother. If he was behind all this, he would surely take revenge one way or another. 

"I..." Baekhyun turned to her as he heard her talk and when he heard her answer, he doesn't know why his stomach just leaped.

 

"C'mon, Bacon hyung. Don't be a party-pooper. Just come with us! It'll only be before midnight. I'm sure it'll be fun!" Jaebum said as he forced the older boy to get out of the pull-out bed.

"I don't want to, alright. I'm already tired. Just give me some rest," Baekhyun groaned as he tried to resist.

"Pft. Fine! Go be a loner here and stay with our parents," Jaebum huffed as he turned and faced the mirror to fix his hair. Baekhyun nodded until he realized what he just said.

"What do you mean with our parents? Are all of you coming?" Baekhyun asked although he regretted it a second later when Jaebum smugly looked at him.

"Yes. If you mean Chaeyeon, yes, she is coming. Whatever. You don't care anyway, right?" Jaebum said, arching an eyebrow. Baekhyun looked away and wet his lips, turning around on the bed to face away.

"Yeah, whatever. Just go and leave me alone," Baekhyun muttered. Jaebum snorted.

"Tch. When did you get this grumpy," Jaebum mumbled before turning around and leaving, closing the door as he went out. 

Baekhyun stayed still as he heard the door click close before he lay flat on his back and stared at the ceiling.

"She's coming with them, seriously?" He muttered.

He felt uneasy at the thought of it for some reason but he pushed it away, reasoning that he shouldn't even care. If she decided to come, then he'll let her be. Plus, he hated her. There's no reason to even be bothered about it. Shifting on the bed, grabbed his phone and decided to busy himself with playing. It was still early in the evening, just around eight in the evening. He stopped midway on pressing on his cellphone's screen when he heard the front door close quite loudly and Jaebum's muffled shout of, "We'll be going!" He turned his attention back to his cellphone when it vibrated and in come a message from Tao.

YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN! Don't you have plans on telling me what's going on? Jongdae is bullying me right now. TT TT Are you with Chaeyeon right now? Tell her I miss her! ^^ - TAO

"This punk. Only thinking about that girl. Aren't I his best friend? Pft," he mumbled, deciding to ignore his message to spite him, making his phone vibrate for a few more and him smirking in satisfaction. "You get that for caring more for her than me."

The feeling of satisfaction didn't last long before it was replaced back by worry as he looked at the clock and found that it hadn't even been more than ten minutes since they've left, and he wished that time would just speed up.

 

It was already almost twelve midnight when he heard the front door open from the kitchen and he perked up, setting the glass of water on the counter before peeking out the doorway. It took a lot of effort just to sleep but it hadn't even been more than half an hour before he jerked awake and found himself still alone in the room with the lights still on. He couldn't get back to sleep after making him do all sorts of things from surfing and playing through his phone, walking around Jaebum's room, staring at the ceiling, and eating. He hesitated many times whether or not to message his brother to ask where they are but decided against it knowing he wouldn't even get an answer and it would just make him look like he was troubled they weren't home.

Yoona came in first, following by Baekbeom and then his eyes blinked at Chaeyeon whose arm was around Baekbeom's neck as he carried her on his back. He felt his stomach churning before he stepped out of the kitchen and that's when Yoona noticed him. 

"Oh, Baekhyun, you're still awake," she said, slightly surprised. Baekhyun just nodded before turning his attention back at Baekbeom who already noticed him and then Chaeyeon. Jaebum also stood just behind the two and smirked at the sight of him.

"What happened?" He asked and Yoona looked back at Chaeyeon and Baekbeom, not knowing how to explain it to the boy. "Hyung?" Baekhyun asked, knowing Yoona wouldn't say anything.

"She drank a little alcohol. We didn't know her tolerance was low and she passed out," Baekbeom explained. Baekhyun looked at Chaeyeon once again and saw her totally knocked out and he bit the insides of his cheeks.

"Sorry. I didn't know she really can't drink. I shouldn't have asked her to come," Yoona said, smiling apologetically.

"Ahhh... No. It's...okay. It's her decision anyway. You guys should all go to bed already. We still have a long day tomorrow," he said, smiling a little before taking one last look on Chaeyeon and walking up the stairs and back to the room.

He was already lying down when Jaebum entered the room. He closed his eyes, not wanting to be disturbed by him although he was curious of what happened when during their night out and if the girl had already gone to bed. He knew he shouldn't even bother about it but he can't help but feel responsible if anything happens to her for some reason, something he'd acquired over the week of staying alone with her. He could hear Jaebum moving around before the lights went out and Jaebum slipped into his bed. He opened his eyes a few minutes, expecting Jaebum to be already sleeping only to see him staring up at ceiling. He suddenly shifted to look at him and he pretended to shut his eyes but Jaebum already noticed him and he only looked like a fool.

"If you're worrying about her, she's already brought to bed and noona is with her anyway, so you shouldn't be worried," Jaebum said tiredly.

"What-- I'm not worried about her. What are you saying?" Baekhyun said but a few minutes already passed and nothing came but Jaebum's soft snoring. He scoffed, turning to look at the boy before sighing and looking away.

There's nothing he could do anyway. He was just hoping that by tomorrow, everything would go smoothly for all of them, although he wondered how's that possible.


A/N:

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! I know it's a few days late but I still want to greet you dear readers a MERRY CHRISTMAS! I really tried my best to update today so I hope you don't mind the short chapter. I'll update as soon as I'm done with the next chapter. It's already almost four in the morning here so I need to go. :)) 

Thank you for reading! Comments anybody? :)

I love you!!! :)