015

I'm Yours

He woke up the next morning hearing the noise coming outside the room. He felt for his cellphone by his head and checked the time: 8AM. It was still too early. Very early and as far as he knows, it's a Sunday so why on earth was his parents so noisy as far as to wake him up? He was about to get up to see what's up when something fell on his face and he groaned, the pain spreading to his head. He glared to the way of the thing that fell on him, only for him to notice that it actually didn't fall on him neither is it a thing but a hand hanging limply on the side of the bed and that's when he just seemed to remember where he was, why it was probably noisy downstairs, and what was happening today.

He propped his body to a sitting position and turned sideways, to the boy sleeping with his mouth hanging open and blanket sprawled over the bed and him. A smirk made its way to his lips when a thought came to his mind. In a haste, not even bothering with being careful because he was so sure that the boy wouldn't even wake up even if he banged the door close, he searched the desk for some pens and grinned when he found a set of it just by the pencil holder. He turned around, walked towards his prospect, and began the make-over.

In less than ten minutes he was done. There were some times when the boy would stir on his sleep, scratch his nose but never did he blink his eyes open. For a momento, he grabbed his phone and unlocked it and opened his camera. He made sure to capture the best angle before taking the picture. He even took a picture where he was included. He held in his laughter when he checked the photo he had just taken. Doing all of this things made him feel like he was a kid again playing pranks on his friend  and he wondered if it wasn't that bad to actually come back.

 

It wasn't even been an hour until he was reminded of why he hated coming back when he saw her. He decided to come out of the room soon after making sure that he'd place the pens back to its place, and did Chaeyeon just so conveniently go out of the room at the end of the hall, clutching on her head. The smile he just not a second before had slipped out of his face to a thin line. She seemed not to notice his presence as she continued massaging her head and groaning from the headache. A frown came to his lips unconsciously as he found her face contorting in pain. Then he heard her grumble and his eyebrows rose together with the corner of his lips in amusement.

"So this girl actually lose herself once in a while, huh," he thought as he continued to watch her. She wearing a pair of blue t-shirt and pajamas, different from the flanel shirt and skinny jeans she wore when he last saw her passed out on the back of his brother. Her hair was in a messy ponytail, and her face, well, it looked pretty haggard from the usual mornings he sees her. In short, she looked pretty much a mess. But still, pretty. His eyes widened in what he just thought and he shook the thoughts away, telling himself how stupid it was of him to think of her like that.

"I shouldn't have drank that. I know I shouldn't have. Ugh, why on earth did I even think it'll be okay drinking that?" She mumbled not to audibly but for some reason, Baekhyun understood it quite perfectly midst his own contradicting thoughts and he focused on her again and smirked. It was only when she was a step away from Baekhyun did she noticed a pair of feet standing by the side and her eyes slightly widened as it shot up to meet the bored look of the boy. His eyes narrowed on her as she opened to speak, only that nothing came out so she closed it up again, swallowing a lump in .

They stared at each others eyes for seconds without anybody saying anything. Baekhyun tried looking away but for some reason, he couldn't as he continued to lock eyes with her, her eyes seeming to have that glint that stops him from looking away. 

"Oh, there you are!" Baekhyun's heart almost jumped out of his chest when he heard his brother's voice from the top of the staircase. They both looked away instantly with Baekhyun looking at his brother while Chaeyeon looked the other way. Baekbeom had that mischievous smile on his lips as he looked from Baekhyun then to Chaeyeon then back to his brother. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as his brother smirked although deep inside, he knew his face was turning hot.

How long has he been standing there, he thought as he cleared his throat and took a step closer to the older boy.

"What?" He asked, trying to sound as indifferent as possible although he knew he felt as his brother quirked an eyebrow and smiled turning to look at Chaeyeon briefly.

"Right. They are calling you two downstairs for you to fit your attire for later," he gave the two a once over before nodding off to the direction of the stairs, "I'll go ahead. You two could use a washing." Baekhyun's eyes creased in the middle before he looked sideways to the girl and found her looking back at him.

Well, she looked pretty messed up but he's sure he's not. 

He still took his brother's advice though and walked away to the bathroom, leaving the girl walking back to her shared room with Yoona. He closed the door and faced the mirror and his mouth hung open.

Maybe not.

 

He came down feeling fresh after washing his face and brushing his teeth. When he got down, he already spotted Chaeyeon talking with the three women in the house. He blinked, wondering if he had taken that long in the bathroom that Chaeyeon even finished ahead of him. He shook the thought away as he looked away and walked to the direction of the kitchen. He found his brother eating a toast on the counter.

"Oh, you're here," Baekbeom said as he noticed Baekhyun getting himself a glass of orange juice. Baekhyun merely gave a nod as he leaned on the counter beside his brother. From his position, he could clearly see the four girls, his mother laying out what looks like a dress on the handrest of the couch, Mrs. Im walking inside to a room, Yoona talking, probably about what the other girl would do, and lastly, Chaeyeon who looked more presentable but with a confused expression on her face, as if she had a hard time understanding whatever was said to her. She looked cute...funny, he thought, feeling abashed of himself.

"If you're done oggling at her, you also need to fit yours," Baekbeom said, a smirk on his lips. Baekhyun rose his eyebrows at the older boy as if saying, 'are-you-joking-me'. The boy just grinned back at him. "C'mon, it's with me."

"Where's appa and samchon?" Baekhyun asked as he followed his brother to the guest room.

"Doing their own thing, I guess," Baekbeom shrugged as he opened the door. They both went in and Baekbeom walked to the closet and grabbed a garment bag that obviously contains the suit he sure was his.

It was in a deep blue to black color over a white collared dress shirt. Baekbeom handed him the bag and he grabbed it, looking at the attire closely.

"The wedding is in four hours time, exactly at one in the afternoon but we'll be leaving one hour in advance to the venue. So make sure you'll get ready by then. Now, shoo. I want to sleep again." He widened his eyes on his brother, wondering if he was kidding. He just told him to make sure he won't be late and now he was saying that he would go back to sleep, again. Baekbeom noticed the look on his brother's face and rolled his eyes. "Oh c'mon. I woke up so early, okay? Give me a break or I might just think twice of giving you a nice punishment."

"What?" Baekhyun gawked at him.

"The bet, remember?"

"Right. But who told you, you won?"

"Didn't I?" Baekbeom replied with a smug look and Baekhyun was stunned for a while before unconsciously pouting.

"No you didn't." Baekbeom rose his eyebrows at him before smirking.

"We'll see. For now, leave me alone. I want to go back in my dreamland," Baekbeom said as he pushed his brother out the room. Once he was completely out, Baekhyun turned to retort to his brother but before he could even let out a word, his brother slammed the door close on his face.

Let's talk about nice.

 

Time really flies fast. It was already a quarter to eleven when he checked the time. He'd spent the rest of the morning after being kicked out by his brother playing with his phone and ignoring Tao's text messages, together with Jongdae, Minseok, and Luhan's. They were all sending similar messages and it irked him as his phone kept on beeping and messages keeps on popping up on his screen whilst him playing. He was sure those four are hanging out together right that moment as if seeing each other at university wasn't enough. He also spent a good time marvelling at the fact that Jaebum looked shocked and furious as he shouted his name as soon as he entered the washroom and saw his make-over and he laughed as he ran to his shared room and locked the door. It shocked almost everyone in the house but nobody really much paid attention as they were very much used to it, although now, they weren't kids but being childish.

Jaebum didn't stop banging on the door after until he finally gave up, saying, "You'll regret this Byun Bacon," and stomping away. He grinned to himself although deep inside, he knew the younger boy wasn't joking at all.

He only went out when he heard the elders of the house telling that lunch was ready and that they (the youngsters) should eat already. He made sure to press his ear against the door before peeking out. He was relieved when he didn't see Jaebum outside the room as soon as he opened door. He walked downstairs and heard laughter in the dining area before he even reached it. 

"Really?"

"Yeah! It's funny, right?"

Baekhyun didn't even notice his mother already half ready as she walked past him as he found his seat, his supposed seat, occupied. His eyes travelled up to meet the person's eyes and found his brother staring back at him weirdly. He felt something slowly building his chest as he diverted his look from his brother to the person across of him and found Jaebum saying something before he laughed and the person sitting next to him also softly laughed.

"What are you doing standing there? Come and join us. We're just telling some fun stories," Baekbeom said and now all the attention was on him. He looked over at his brother again and realizing that he was right, he walked to the seat next to him, the seat where the girl opposite of him should be sitting on. Instead, she sat beside Jaebum who smiled mischievously at him as his eyes turned to him. Then he understood the game he was playing--the revenge he said he was getting. Knowing he couldn't show him any sign of annoyance, he placed on a smile, a smile that was too comical just to irritate Jaebum more.

"So, as I was saying, this friend of mine really loves to show his martial arts skills. You should meet him some time," Jaebum smiled.

"That'll be great," Chaeyeon replied, smiling back and Baekhyun's hand unconsciously tightened on his spoon. 

How could she... What... This girl... Ugh... Who cares... She always does that... To boys... Really... What is she doing... 

"You might want to eat faster or else you'll suffer the consequences," his brother said softly, just so that it was just him who would hear it and he blinked, snapping out of his reverie. "And your spoon, you might bend it if you continue that." He heard the tease in his brother's voice and his eyes travelled to his hand and the spoon and as if the spoon was hot, he let go of it, catching the two people across them look at them too. Baekbeom stifled a laugh. "I'll go ahead you youngsters. Have fun~" He sang the last sentence as he stood up, brought his plate to the sink and left them all alone. 

Jaebum with a smirk.

Baekhyun with a 'I-dont-care' look.

And Chaeyeon with her big wide eyes and a small smile on her face as she nodded to his brother.

A frown came upon his lips. He hates it. Her smile.

 

The lunch went on with the three of them, Jaebum and Baekhyun firing back and forth embarrassing events in the past and Chaeyeon looking back and forth at them, wondering how long had this two really been friends.

And how the Baekhyun in front of her right now was different. A good different. Maybe, he's not really different. Maybe, it's just really him. It's just Byun Baekhyun.

 

It was already quarter to twelve and Baekhyun still standing in front of the mirror in the second floor bathroom, trying to fix his hair. He tried to put it up but his hair was too long it looked like he has spikes on his head. He tried going for a messy hair but once he saw, he saw how wrong it was to look like that on someone's special day. He tried other more ways, combing his hair to the left and then to the right but nothing seemed to satisfy him. He puffed his cheeks irritatingly. Why was he even trying so hard in fixing his hair? He was getting so worked up over his hair that he usually doesn't care about fixing. He let out an annoyed groan, messing up his hair. 

"Oh, dear, what are you-- Your hair's nice." He looked around with an annoyed expression. 

"Mom, are you trying to tease me, because right now, I just feel like messing it up and don't care anymore," he said, almost sounding like a whine, frowning. He might be exaggerating but he was just too annoyed to even care. His mother chuckled and shook her head.

"Aigoo, my son, I'm not lying. You already look..." His mom reached out and smoothed out the invisible creases on his dress shirt before smiling up at him, "Perfect." Baekhyun jut his lower lip out and mom pressed her lips together, as if she was doubting what she'd just said.

"I know, I know you're bluffing."

"No, I'm not but there's still one thing you lack."

Baekhyun huffed. "What?"

"A smile." His mother smiled so motherly while his eyes widened. 

"Mom..." He whined.

"Baekhyun, your smile always made you look good, no matter how messy or nice you look. So smile, my dear." His mother patted his shoulder before she stepped away. Baekhyun sighed, trying to smile up for his mother. "Okay. I'll leave you be. I need to go back and make sure your brother and your date is ready."

"Date...?" His eyes widened for the second time but before he could whine once again, his mother had already entered a room. The room of his supposed date.

 

The ladies and gentlemen were separated in two cars. Baekhyun, Baekbeom, and Jaebum rode in the car with the two elder men, Mr. Byun driving while on the other car, Mrs. Im, Mrs. Byun, and Chaeyeon rode in, with the family driver driving. Yoona, the bride, had taken a separate car, a sleek black car especially for the bride. 

The guys' car was buzzing with noise as Jaebum wouldn't shut up since they've hit the road. He kept on complaining about how hot he felt and asking everybody in the car if he looked, not just handsome, but perfect.

"You're so noisy," Baekhyun replied when he was asked and Jaebum pouted.

"You know what, from now on, I'll call you Grumps, not Bacon," Jaebum said with a huff.

"Whatever."

The elders on the front laughed at them. "Why are you even so concerned about how you look? Weren't you just complaining to me and your mother how you didn't want to wear that?" Mr. Im said and Jaebum sly grinned.

"I changed my mind. I want to look perfect because someone's there. I didn't see her but I'm sure she looks perfect so I should, too," Jaebum said a little bit shyly and Baekhyun almost gawked at him if only he didn't stop himself.

"Someone, you mean, Chaeyeon?" Baekbeom inquired and Jaebum smiled sheepishly like a little girl being approached by her crush who was older than her.

"Aigoo, you boys. I don't think Chaeyeon is ready for anything like that if you're thinking of courting her," Mr. Byun said absentmindedly as he focused on driving.

All three boys perked up but with different reasons as they heard what Mr. Byun had just said. It was Jaebum who decided to ask why. Mr. Byun looked a little stunned, as if he just realized what he had said.

"Ah... Her mother is pretty strict," Mr. Byun said with a nervous chuckle. Jaebum believed but the two brother's didn't. 

And it stuck in Baekhyun's mind throughout the thirty minutes drive.

 

The venue was almost filled when they arrived. They spotted the bride's car parked not far away from the church's door, just waiting for the signal. All the people with special participation in the ceremony was pulled aside and instructed of what to do. The ladies' car hasn't arrived yet and Baekhyun couldn't concentrate on the coordinator talking. He keeps on looking around wondering what's taking them so long when the wedding's already about to start. He spun around when he heard Mr. Im talking.

"There was a car that needed to be towed on the way so there was a little traffic but they said they are near," Mr. Im explained.

"They're here!" Baekbeom said. Baekhyun turned around and indeed, the grey car the ladies were riding had just entered the church's premises. It stopped just in front of them and Mr. Im opened the door on their side for the ladies before the driver could even exit the car. 

He doesn't know why but his heart started racing when the door opened and Mrs. Im exited the car followed by his mother, then the last girl stepped out the car, carefully, as to not trip on her heels. While the husbands talked with their wives, the boys, Baekhyun, Baekbeom, and Jaebum stared at the girl before them.

Jaebum's mouth went slack, Baekbeom had a wide smile on his face, and Baekhyun? Baekhyun was breathless.

"Wow," that was the first word to be heard, from Jaebum.

"You look beautiful, Chaeyeon," Baekbeom smiled. Chaeyeon forced on a small smile, really feeling uncomfortable with the pairs of eyes on her. 

"Not only, hyung. She looks exceptionally gorgeous!" Jaebum exclaimed, making Chaeyeon's cheeks turn hot and red.

"I don't think so but thanks," Chaeyeon said, looking down and pulling on her dress. 

"Waaaa! Bacon, I mean, Grumps is so lucky! I wish I get to be partnered with you!" Jaebum whined, snapping Baekhyun out of his trance as he heard his name.

"Grumps...?" Chaeyeon questioned as he looked at Jaebum until it travelled to Baekhyun who was already back to his usual self, glaring at Jaebum.

"Yeah, that guy over there. He's always grumpy," Jaebum said, sticking his tongue out.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, let's all arrange ourselves now in line. We're starting in three minutes!" One of the coordinators announced.

"Too bad. Your grumps is her partner so now, if you may?" Baekhyun said, walking over to Chaeyeon who looked at him with wide eyes, making him a little embarrassed. He cleared his throat, sticking his arm out, feeling awkward as he never thought of doing that to any girl before, besides his mom, of course. He could sense Chaeyeon's reluctance and he was sure he was red in the face as he waited for her to take his arm. He felt like a fool to think that Chaeyeon would even want to be close to him after all he'd done to her but he already couldn't turn back now that he did what he'd done.

He felt as if his breath was knocked out of him twice in a row when he finally felt her hook her hand to his arm. He stared down on her hand on his arm and almost drew in a breath if only he didn't hear Jaebum whine again before he was dragged away by Baekbeom to the front of the line where they should be. Awkwardly, they walked to their position in the line and stood there.

Awkwardly perfect.

 

When the ceremony was over and they've taken pictures, they all departed to go to the reception venue, a twenty minutes drive from where they were. This time, they rode the cars by family, making Jaebum complain that he wanted to with the Byun's. 

"You don't have space there anymore. We don't have time, Jaebum. We need to go," Mr. Im said in his impatient tone and Jaebum finally gave up with Baekhyun smiling in victory.

The entire ride to the reception was only full of talks about how perfect the wedding was and how perfect more is the newly wed.

"Oh... I wonder when will one of our sons be married!" Mrs. Byun said.

"Soon omma," Baekbeom said smiling, as he glanced sideways to Baekhyun who didn't notice it as he was too busy distracting himself. 

"Are you letting us meet your girlfriend already, Baekbeom?" Mrs. Byun said in delight and Baekbeom laughed.

"No, mom. I don't even have one but Baekhyun's going to introduce you to his girlfriend soon," Baekbeom said smiling.

"Really, Baekhyun, you have girlfriend?" Mrs. Byun asked, utterly shocked and Baekhyun turned to her blinking. 

"What?"

"Baekbeom said you have a girlfriend," Mrs. Byun said and Baekhyun's eyes widened then turned to slits when he looked at his brother.

"No! I don't have a girlfriend!" Baekhyun said, too loudly.

"I didn't say you already have. I'm saying you're gonna have soon," Baekbeom cleared and he slumped on his seat.

"No, not in forever," he muttered more to himself than to his brother or parents or Chaeyeon.

 

The reception looked really elegant and extravagant, with lavender and silver and white as its main colors. There was a platform up at front for the newly wed and about thirty to forty tables scattered around the huge hall.

He lagged behind his parents and brother and Chaeyeon, his eyes focused on the back of the head of the girl. She was clumsily walking in front of him, making him a tiny bit worried she might fall down. Yes, he just admitted to himself that he was worried, only just a teeny tiny bit though. Afterall, he still felt responsible for her.

The hall was slowly being filled when they came. They found their table, a few meters away from the stage, and sat. As if it was planned, Baekhyun and Chaeyeon sat by each other, with Baekbeom on his other side. A few minutes later, their parents saw some people they knew and left them then his brother left as if intentionally. Now, it left them alone in their awkward bubble.

Baekhyun tried to distract himself as he looked around with his eyes and once in a while checking his phone. He can't help but glance at her once in a while as she was so quiet, as if there's nobody beside him at all. Finally after around ten minutes, someone came bouncing to their table.

"Yo!" Jaebum came, welcoming himself to their table. If only he wasn't the bride's brother, he would've shooed him away. As expected, Jaebum started talking to her, leaving him out. He didn't try joining though because "they looked like they're enjoying."

"Oh, Baekhyun." Baekhyun tilted his head to Jaebum, narrowing his eyes on him. He just called him by his name. "Can you take us a picture?" Oh. Right. Of course. 

"I don't want to. You can take it yourself," Baekhyun said, turning away to his cellphone.

"C'mon. Just one picture! If you don't, I'll tell her that story when--"

"Fine. Just please shut up. I'm not doing this because of that story but because you are too noisy," Baekhyun said, eyebrows knitting in the middle. Jaebum smiled widely before handing him his phone. He focused the cellphone camera on them and he stared at the screen, at them both. Jaebum was smiling, his arm around the chair of Chaeyeon and Chaeyeon smiling a soft smile. He zeroed in her face and he swallowed the lump that built in his throat.

"Are you done?" Jaebum said through his smile and Baekhyun snapped out of his trance and pressed the button on the screen before handing the phone over. "Thanks!" Jaebum said as he looked at the picture and grinned widely. 

And just like that, he, again, was left out.

 

The program commenced half an hour later. They welcomed the newly wed as they entered the hall and walked the aisle to the stage in front. There were some messages from selected people and toasts everywhere. Baekhyun met a few people, mostly his parents' friends. They said almost the same things.

"Oh, is that you, Baekhyun? You've grown to be a handsome man!"

"Baekhyun, you're just so little when I last saw you! Look at you now! A very pretty boy!"

"You look so cute back then, now you look so handsome!"

And the likes. There's one comment that differed though.

"Baekhyun, you're a grown man now. Is that your girlfriend with you? She's really beautiful and looks nice too!" Baekhyun didn't know what to reply. He knew he should deny it but instead, he found himself looking back to their table where Chaeyeon sat alone...with a few bachelors crowding around her. His eyebrows creased. When he left, Jaebum was there with her. "Looks like you need to show them she's taken." It snapped him out of his thoughts and before he could reply a quick no, I'm not his boyfriend, the woman, Mrs. Kim, had turned to talk with his mother again. He looked back at Chaeyeon again and found her uneasily looking around, trying to act as civil and polite to the boys around her.

Before he knew what he was doing, he was already walking his way to Chaeyeon, and said, "Excuse me. Can I borrow my girlfriend for a while?" That only didn't shock the bachelors, Chaeyeon who looked at him wide eyed, but also himself as he felt his insides twisting in ways he can't explain. He stood tall in front of them although most of them towered him physically. The two bachelors in front of him finally stepped aside, giving him way to step forward and stand in front of Chaeyeon. He fixed his eyes on her as he put his hand out for her to take.

Chaeyeon looked really surprised, shocked. She stared at the beautiful slender hand in front of him and to the eyes of the guy who owned it. His expression was unreadable. She bit the insides of her lower lip but when she looked up and saw the small smile on his lips, she knew it was alright. She placed her hand on his and he pulled her up gently. They turned to the stunned bachelors who stared at them and at their hands.

Baekhyun cleared his throat and forced on a smile. "If you may excuse us."

 

They walked out the hall and headed to wherever their feet led them. Baekhyun walked aimlessly, not really familiar with the hotel they were in. It was really big and elegant, living up to its five-star rating. Finally, Baekhyun found the pool area. There were no people around except for them and somehow, Baekhyun liked it. Almost every wall were made of glass, overlooking the ocean outside and the city. They walked them both to the other end of the pool area where it overlooked the city. It was getting deeper in the night, he could guess. It was already dark outside and the lit up city looked pretty from up there.

For a moment, as they stood there, he forgot about everything that stressed him for the past days, months, and years. For a moment, he forgot the upcoming finals. For a moment, he forgot about his friends waiting for him to call them back. For a moment, he forgot the embarassment he felt as Jaebum told old stories. For a moment, he forgot that he got mad at the boy for leaving Chaeyeon alone. For a moment, he forgot that his family was back in the hall. For a moment, he forgot that they should be with them in the wedding reception. And for a moment, he forgot he hated her, that he was still holding her hand. Everything just felt relaxing that all those things didn't matter. That what mattered that point in time was how felt free of worries, free of stress, free of hate. It was just him and her.

"B-Baekhyun...?" He snapped out of his thoughts and tilted his head to the side. Chaeyeon looked down when his eyes landed on her. He also looked down and thinking that it was what Chaeyeon called him for, he unclasped his hand from her, feeling the abscence immediately as cold air hit the palm of his hand. 

"Sorry," he said looking back to the full length window.

"No... I mean... It's okay... I know you did that to help me. Thank you," Chaeyeon said, lips curling at the corners.

Baekhyun nodded, only seeing the smile on the window reflections. They were both the facing the windows and he could clearly see their reflections. It was quiet after although he wanted to ask something. He glanced sideways at her and at her reflections. She was staring up at the sky.

Just say it. "Are you...okay?" He asked. 

"Huh?" He saw her looking at his reflection. So she was doing that too.

"I mean, those guys... They were...flirting with you..."

"Ah... I'm okay. Just a little uncomfortable with them. They didn't do anything to repulse me so I guess I'm alright," she smiled.

Then do I repulse you? He decided to just keep that to himself as he nodded.

"You, are you okay?" She asked, now looking up at him.

"Me...? I'm okay," he replied although he sounded as if he was asking her instead of answering her.

"Really?" She asked and Baekhyun looked at her.

"Why? Don't I look like I'm okay?" He asked and she pursed her lips, thinking before shrugging.

"Just a little?" It made him chuckle and went ajar which Baekhyun didn't notice. 

He nodded with one corner of his lips curled. "I guess I'm really not okay nor okay. Something in between. I'm just tired, maybe. There were so many people but it was alright. It's noona's day."

Chaeyeon nodded in understanding before facing the window again. It was quiet but not the usual awkward silence. It's just a normal silence where it just felt tranquil and serene.

That was the most comfortable conversation he'd had with her and he had to admit that it was nice like that. Maybe he could try to be nicer to her, not just sometimes. Maybe he could care for her like he does with his family and friends. Maybe...

A phone ringing broke the silence and Baekhyun almost cussed when he felt his cellphone vibrating against his pocket. He muttered a soft sorry before bringing his phone out and rejecting the call from his brother. He then saw a message, something he must've missed because he was too preoccupied. It was his brother asking where he is and if Chaeyeon was with her. He decided to ignore it and kept it in his pocket.

"You didn't answer?" Chaeyeon asked.

He shrugged. "It's nothing important." 

Chaeyeon nodded and checked the time on a wall inside the area. "Maybe we should get back. They might notice we're gone." Baekhyun doesn't know why he didn't like the idea of going back, and her saying that they should go back. He liked it there. The atmosphere. The view. The moment. He nodded though. Even if he wanted to stay there, he wasn't confident that he could send her off alone, especially what happened a while ago. He didn't want to think why he thought of that. He was just want to think that it was just that.

They both walked back to the hall. It was quiet all the way and as he looked down, he saw her hand swinging by her side and he tried to shake the thought of holding her hand again. He was just walking slowly and luckily she walked his pace. He just didn't really want to go back yet. When they get there, there will be so many people to see. There will be certain people who would judge him. There will be certain people who would cast them a glance. And he knew he will be back to normal when that happened.

It was the last corner before the hall and soon everything that had happened will all just be memories. He decided then that it might be his chance to make up for the words he'd said before. So before they could round the corner, he called her and she turned around, her hair swaying at she moved. 

"About a while ago, in the hall, I'm sorry if I said those." But I don't regret it. "Also, I can't blame all the boys looking your way tonight..." Or any other nights. He fumbled with his words. He knew he already looked dumb but he was ready to be one if he could just say something nice to her for once. Something he means. Something he is sincere with. "Jaebum is right. Hyung is right. They are all right." He straight at her eyes after trying to avoid it. He found her staring at him. "You look really beautiful tonight." There. He'd said it. For once, he'd said something pleasant. As soon as those words left his mouth, he felt his cheeks turning red. 

She smiled at him. "Thanks. You look great yourself tonight. Especially when you're smiling." She smiled again, at him. Maybe his mother was really right. He looked perfect when he smiled.

She had already turned the corner but he was still frozen in his place.

She smiled at him. For once, it was him who she smiled at. Nobody else but him. Byun Baekhyun.


A/N:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii guise! How are you all doing? It's been a week since my last update so I made sure I made this extra special and long. This might be my last update before another week or two. I'll be more busy in the next coming days so I hope you'll patiently wait for me. Thank you! :)

What do you think of Baekhyun in this chapter? Kekeke. I think he's slowly opening up to her, don't you think? ^^

If you're curious about Baekhyun's hairstyle here, this photoshoot of L'Officiel Homes would describe it best. He looks y handomse right? :)) The picture on the chapter is basically what Baekhyun wore to the wedding. 

If you have any more questions regarding this chapter, as long it'll not spoil the story, just comment it down and I'll answer all of it. 

Before I end this, I'm thinking of making a playlist for this. I'll place it on the foreword. If you guys have any suggestion for a song, just comment it down. I'll listen to them and see if I could place it. 

Thank you for reading! :)