Regretful Past

Beautiful Torture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR NOTE BELOW IT IS IMPORTANT*

 

“Noona! When did you arrive?” I heard a familiar voice coming from my back. I turned around to find Kai with groceries in his hand. I offered him some help but he declined it softly.

He placed the plastic bags in the kitchen and came back to me. I was currently cooking snacks for the kids but he stopped me by telling that he will continue instead.

“You’re pregnant, you must be tired. Just sit, okay? Don’t work too much.” He pushed me on a chair and continued with the snacks. I sighed and sat down.

I didn’t want to be pampered too much because the procedure of giving birth will be hard if I do not move a lot. I heard someone told me that before.

“Kai, why are you here?” I asked after realizing that he shouldn’t be here.

“Umm, I just went back from classes. I have one at the night. But maybe I should skip it.” He shrugged.

“Why do you want to skip? You do know how hard it is to be in a university. If you waste it, then you’ll be regretting it.” I warned him.

I know his dream; he wanted to be a doctor. At first, I didn’t believe that this quiet boy wanted to be a doctor because during our childhood days, I can count with my own hands of how many words he had spoken a day.

But then, he studied more than other kids because he wanted to get the scholarship. He knew that this orphanage couldn’t afford his studies until college. That was why he studied harder to achieve his dream.

“But, noona just came here, you haven’t been here since a year ago.” He pouted.

I treated him like my younger brother. He was also like Min Hee, he didn’t want to leave this orphanage because he wanted to repay for everything.

“I know, and I am sorry for that. But please, go to your class. It is important. You have to gain new knowledge everyday and achieve your dream. Don’t worry, noona will always visit you.” I smiled reassuringly and he smiled back.

He carried the plates in a tray that consisted the evening snacks for the kids. Min Hee has some work to do with the kids. That was why she left me here.

Kai walked and went to the dining area while I went to the classroom to inform Min hee about the snacks. I can see Min Hee smiling while teaching the kids.

I knocked the door and all heads snapped towards my direction.

“I want to inform you that the evening snacks are ready.” I smiled and the kids cheered in agony. I’m happy to see them cheering happily like this because I know some of their hearts may be broken still.

“Okay, class! Let’s go eat snacks that Aunty Chan Kyung had prepared!” Min Hee exclaimed as the kids scrambled towards the dining room.

“You did this alone?” Min Hee asked. I shook my head and pointed towards Kai that was serving the snacks to the kids.

“Oh, you know… he has lost his motivation to study after he broke up with her girlfriend. I don’t know what to do anymore because he refused on listening to me. Maybe you should do it instead?” She asked; whispering.

I nodded and hummed while watching at him.

He smiled happily with broken heart.

I wonder how did he manage to do it.

_-~*~-_

I was worrying about Yi Kyung right now. Did he eat something? Did Kris feed him?

I know that I just ran from my problems but I couldn’t help it. I just need some comfort. I might letting out my anger to Yi Kyung and scared him off. Making him scared of me would be the last thing I will do in my entire life.

I turned my phone on and realized that Kris had called me for more than fifty times. I didn’t bother to read the messages because I know it will be full of coax and comforting words.

But my eyes caught this message;

Min Ah will arrive tomorrow morning. She will take a flight in the midnight. No need to worry about Yi Kyung, I already took care of him.

I sighed in relief when that message answered my questions. I wonder if he is asking for my whereabouts right now.

I bit my bottom lips to prevent myself from sighing.

“Noona, Min Hee noona said that you wanted to talk to me.” I glanced over my shoulder and saw Kai fidgeting on his spot. I hummed as response and asked him to sit on the bench.

“Tell me what happened. Why you don’t have any motivation to study?” I started the conversation. He couldn’t stay still by now.

“I’m sure that Min Hee noona already told you about it. So, why bother?” He answered coldly. I knew that he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter