Unbearable Pain

Beautiful Torture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I decided to cool off by running out of the house. It was eleven in the morning when I saw Kris taking his nap on the couch in the living room. His right arm was covering his eyes while the left one was resting on his abdomen. I walked closer towards the sleeping Kris. I removed the arm that was covering his eyes and put it on his left arm. 

 

His eyebrows were furrowed deeply, his lips formed a small pout. With a moment of hesitation, I poked between his eyebrows and they returned to their position. I his blonde hair gently, not wanting him to wake up. The sudden urge of crying hit me out of nowhere when he called for my name in his sleep.

 

"C-Chan Kyung..."

 

I bit my bottom lips and went out of the house almost immediately. I didn't want to forgive him for his act but at the same time I didn't want him to feel guilty. No one deserved to be in pain, no one. Even the one who inflicted it first. 

 

I went inside my car and drove off to the orphanage where I grew up in. Angel Orphanage. I spent my childhood there as I have no relatives - or maybe I should say, I have no relatives that admitted that I was their relative - when my parents died in a car crash. 

 

It was getting quite lonely so I turned the radio on, trying to clear my mind with music but a sad song was playing. Great timing. I scoffed in my head. I turned off the radio and sighed.

 

I suddenly remembered about my best friend from that orphanage. Her name's Minhee. We knew each other twenty years ago when we were just six-year-olds. She got herself a handsome husband named Kim Minseok and a cute son named Kim Heeseok. I smiled when I remembered how we used to brag about each others' child since then.

 

Time sure flied fast because I already reached my destination. I parked my car in front of the office and got out slowly. The orphanage was renovated and the buildings has new colors painted on the walls. I smiled and locked my car before walking to the cafe.

 

It was quite empty because it was during school hour. However, I didn't stop my steps as I searched for Minhee. 

 

I heard shuffling noises coming from the back of the kitchen and headed towards there. I saw a woman wearing pink gloves trying to shift a big basin consisted kimchi in it.

 

And yep, I found you, Choi Minhee.

 

"FIRE!!!" I yelled out behind her.

 

"WHERE WHERE OH GOD!!" She straightened her back and winced after that. Probably feeling stiff after bending for so long. I just had to giggle at my best friend's dorkiness and her face when she exclaimed earlier. 

 

She turned around and glared at me for intruding her moment with her beloved kimchi (she loved kimchi more than she loved me, sobs). She took off her gloves and put it on the table.

 

"Why're you here?" She asked m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter