Lifeless Body

Beautiful Torture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris stepped in the ICU; almost dragging himself in there. He inhaled and exhaled multiple times because of the nervousness. He never felt this way before.

He stared at her wife who was lying lifelessly on the bed with some machines beeping beside her. Kris bit his lower lip because of the sight. Her eyes closed like it will never be opened ever again. Her body just barely sunk on the bed because of her weight lost. Her baby bump was still visible at this moment.

“When will the babies born?” Kris asked the doctor.

“Tonight…” He sighed. “We will do our best to save three lives at once. You just have to pray for the best. Mr. Wu.” The doctor patted his shoulder.

He slumped his body onto the chair beside her bed. He reached out for her hand that was injected by some needles that it left scars.

“It must be hurt…”

He held her hand tightly and kissed it.

“Your hand is cold.”

No matter how loud his voice was, she didn’t even budge.

“Love, wake up.”

Kris ran his fingers on her small pale face. Her face was cold; as cold as ice. Her lips lost its color. Her face was emotionless.

“Chan Kyung…”

His voice shook. He cried harder when he didn’t get any reply from his love one. He didn’t give up and he never will. His love one will get up and his family will be perfect once again.

“What about the chance?”

“I am sorry, but the cancer has spread and maybe it will infect her womb. I had to say that it is 50-50”

 

 

 

 

 

“Wake up and tell me that everything is going to be alright just like you used to.” He said between his sobs.

“Chan Kyung, wake up.” Kris shook her shoulder lightly.

“Wake up, honey.” He was near to beg.

“Please, do not make me worry…”

Suddenly, the machine that was connected to her heart made a sound that he wished he never heard. He turned around and saw the line has turned out to be a straight line.

He pushed the button that was placed on the headboard. He yelled for the doctor as his hand never left hers. The doctor arrived and asked him to go outside.

He stepped out and leaned against the wall. He slid down from the wall slowly and ended up on his knees.

“Kris…”

He turned his head to his left side and found Min Hee and Kai looking worried as ever.

“I am sorry, I didn’t protect her like I promised, Min Hee. I am sorry.” Kris lowered his head.

Kai merged towards Kris and raised his body up by his collar.

“What the did happen? Why is she lying there?! It should be you!” Kai yelled out his frustration and slammed the taller man’s body against the wall.

“I know… it should be me…” Kris trailed and looked down.

Kai let him off and punched the wall beside him.

“If anything happens to my noona, you are going to die, Kris. I promise you I will kill you with my own hands!” Kai threatened.

“Kai… behave.” Min Hee said.

She went towards Kris and gave him a canned coffee. Kris looked at her.

“You should drink this.”

Kris received it and sat on the bench at the waiting room. Kai went out to the park after the heated ‘conversation’ that they had just now.

Min Hee sat beside him and let out a long sigh.

“Why are you looking like this?” Min Hee asked after a long pause.

“Like what?”

“A walking corpse.” Min Hee answered shortly. Kris let out an air chuckle.

“I don’t know…” He shook his head weakly.

“I am sure Chan Kyung doesn’t want to see you like this.” Min Hee said softly. “You should not act like this…”

“Why don’t you mad at me like Kai? I do not deserve kindness.”

“I did this because of Chan Kyung. She told me not to blame anyone if something bad happens to her. You know what… you are lucky to have her by your side. Maybe people will say that she is stupid for defending her husband who cheated on her. But people should know that love is the one to blame, because of love, she defends you until this moment.”

Tears trickled down onto her cheeks.

“She told me that she was very happy living with you, having Yi Kyung with you, long story short, she loved being with you.” Her voice shook. “I don’t know what brought you to the thoughts of cheating on her but I want to tell you th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter