Exciting Pregnancy

Beautiful Torture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chan Kyung went back home that afternoon. The doctor said that she needs some treatment to help her body getting stronger but she declined.

Chen was getting out of his mind because of her stubbornness. He kept on asking for her to do the treatment but then she will remind him of the promise that they had made.

Chen hated this.

He just wanted Chan Kyung to be healthy again.

A month passed as Chan Kyung was getting weaker than normal. Chen had told Kris about everything… everything.

Kris was mad as when Chen told him that she knew about the drugs… yes, he was mad at his friend for betraying him. He trusted him because he was his best friend. But he shut the up when Chen told him about his wife.

He was on the stage of denial.

He got drunk almost every day. He ignored Min Ah as well… because he blamed this on her. He told her to off; because of her, Chan Kyung was ill.

But of course… everyone knew it was not the truth. Chan Kyung had leukemia because of genetic. Her late grandfather suffered the same illness back then. 

Chan Kyung was afraid… she saw how Kris got drunk everyday and it scared her and her son. Min Ah never gave up on trying to gain his attention back.

The baby bump of Min Ah was already showing. Chan Kyung knew from the shape of the baby bump, the baby will be a girl.

After a few days, Chen decided to send Kris off to China because he will only hurt himself by looking at his family and Min Ah. And his attitude scared his family too. Chen didn't want anything bad happens to Chan Kyung or Yi Kyung. Chen gave Kris advices that he may need.

And in this one month… Kris managed to stop drinking and settle the company’s problem.

And guess what, Kris is no longer involved with drugs.

It is a good progress… Kris often calls Chan Kyung to ask about her condition. She lied.

“You know… you should tell Kris about your condition.” Chen said as she took a seat beside Chan Kyung on the couch.

“Nah, I will be okay.” Chen just let out a long sigh and shook his head lightly.

“Chen… I- I am sorry if I can’t fulfill our promise.” Chan Kyung said and bit her lower lip.

Chen looked at her confusedly.

“Which promise?” he asked.

“Every promise that we made even from the college years, that I will do the treatment… that I will marry you. I am so sorry if I can’t…” She looked down and played with her fingers.

“Chan Kyung-ah… I will understand if you don’t want to marry me. Kris has been looking at you these days, right? Your relationship has gotten better day by day. I am okay, as long as you are happy, I will be okay. About the treatment… no, you’ll have to do the treatment; no matter what. Everyone needs you. You are a mother to Yi Kyung, a wife to Kris, a best friend to Kai, Minhee and me. You will not leave us…” Chen grabbed her hands that were fidgeting on her lap.

“Chen… I do not mean it like that. What if I die earlier? What if I die with my babies? What if—“

“There are no what ifs if you believe in yourself. Cancer patients only need faith in their heart. Trust yourself that you will live longer and it will happen; do not lose hope, Chan Kyung.” Chen grabbed her hand tighter.

“Thank you for always being by my side. I don’t know what will happen if you are not here to calm me down.” She sighed.

She smothered her hair and a bunch of hair stuck on her fingers. Her brows knitted worriedly. “Guess the babies need to be born soon so that I can have the treatment.” She laughed nervously.

“You shouldn’t laugh at this.” Chen said seriously. He picked the hair and put it on the table; beside a hair brush that was full of hair.

“Then, should I cry? You know that I won’t cry anymore.” She smiled softly. “I already lost all of my tears.” She looked down and shook her head.

“At least promise me that you’ll be okay. I need your words…”

“I can’t promise anything. I am sorry, Chen.”

“Will you stop saying sorry?!” Chen raised his voice. He was furious because of this.

“I know you will go through this! I know about that! Stop saying sorry like this is your fault! No one is at the fault…” His breath shook.

“I don’t know anymore. My hair keeps on falling these days… I lost weight and my skin turned pale. Aren’t those symptoms enough? I am tired. I can’t fight this illness anymore."

“No! The answer is no. You can’t give up. Who will take care of that pole if you’re gone? You know that Min Ah can’t do anything and know nothing about cooking, tidying or whatever it is. Her brain is like an empty can! You’re the only one who can take care of Kris and I believe you can continue. You are strong…” He held her shoulders and made her turn towards him.

“Listen… let me make myself clear. Once you gave birth to the children, you have to do the treatment. I won’t accept no as an answer and I belie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter