Last Heartbeat

Beautiful Torture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Uncle, why are we here?” Yi Kyung asked right after they stopped in front of the ICU. “Why are you sending me here again? I hate hospital!” He stomped his feet onto the poor floor. Chen inhaled and exhaled.

He crouched down to his level and his silky hair. “Promise me that you will be strong, okay?” Yi Kyung nodded and Chen carried him into the ward.

Chen saw Kris placed his head down on the bed beside Chan Kyung. Looks like he already changed his clothes. “I-is that m-mommy?” Yi Kyung stuttered as he tried to get out from Chen’s embrace.

He landed on his feet and staggered towards his dear mommy who was lying on the bed; looking pale as ever. Chen hung his head down and sighed.

“Yi Kyung-ah…” Kris mumbled as he raised his head from the bed. “D-daddy, wh-what happened to mommy?” Yi Kyung held his daddy’s hand and shook it. “Why is mommy lying there?”

“Yi Kyung-ah, mommy is sick. That’s why she is here here. She will get up soon, do not worry.” I hope. Kris continued in his head. “Are the babies making mommy sick?” Yi Kyung pouted and frowned. Kris shook his head weakly.

“I need to talk to uncle for a while. Wait here for your mommy okay?” Kris got up from the chair and carried the little boy before placing him on the edge of the bed; beside his mommy.

Kris got out from the ward followed by Chen.

“Chan Kyung is going to have a surgery tonight.” Kris said.

“For what?”

“The doctor told me that we have to get the babies born because the cancer has spread… the chance is fifty-fifty.”

Chen frowned and bit his bottom lip. “I know you can get through this. You have a lot of people beside you, so you have to stay strong because Chan Kyung needs you.”

“I don’t know that I am this weak… She was the one who made me strong all this time.” Kris sniffed.

“People said that you don’t know what love is until you realized its loss. Guess it is true…” Chen smiled bitterly.

_-~*~-_


Chan Kyung’s POV.

“Mommy, wake up…” I heard my boy’s voice entering my ears.

I tried to pry my eyes open but it felt so heavy. This place was just too dark. No light at all. Was I being delusional?

“Mommy… please don’t get mad. I am sorry, I was naughty.” I heard soft sobs coming from Yi Kyung.

No, don’t cry, Yi Kyung…

I tried to say that but my tongue won’t cooperate with me. What happened? I can feel the oxygen mask on my face. I can sense needles were stuck in my hands. I can sense my babies kicking inside my womb.

They survive.

I am happy that they make it. My princesses made it until here. It is my fault that they had to go through this. I was a bad mother to my children.

“I miss you, mommy, wake up…”

I can feel the hot tears of my son on my hand. My heart stung as the tears were falling on my hand nonstop. Why can’t I open my eyes?

I wanted to get out from this place, I wanted to get out from this cold and dark world. I was afraid, I was terrified.

I tried my best to open my eyes and finally I can feel lights entering my eyes. I blinked for a few times to familiarize with the surroundings.

“Mommy is awake! Daddy, mommy is awake!” Yi Kyung yelled out. A few second later, I saw Kris and Chen entered my ward. I turned my head and looked at them while blinking heavily. Even blinking was a hard thing to do right now.

“I will call the doctor.” Chen announced before going outside. I opened my mouth to say something but it turned out to be muffles because of the oxygen mask. Kris got rid of the oxygen mask and planted a kiss on my lips.

“You made me worry… do not do that again.” He kissed my forehead longingly.

“I am sorry…” I whispered.

“Don’t say anything. It isn’t your fault.” Kris said.

“Yi Kyung…” I continued. “Don’t cry…” My throat sore as I didn’t’ drink any water.

“Mommy… I am sorry. I won’t do that again… I promise you, I won’t…” Yi Kyung cried harder as he assumed I was still mad at him.

“Mommy is not mad, I am just worried.” Kris put Yi Kyung be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter