A Step Closer

Beautiful Torture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Min Ah, are you done?” I knocked the door as she hummed in response. I stood up in front of her room.

She walked out and I saw her wearing a pair of silver heels which are very tall.

“It is no good for your baby if you wear heels.” I advised nicely. She just shrugged and locked her room’s door.

I walked towards Yi Kyung’s room and saw him reading a book.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“I am reading this book.” He closed his book and read the title. “Mommy is a superhero!” He sequel delightedly and ran towards me. He hugged my legs and buried his face in it. I chuckled a bit; feeling ticklish.

I pulled him and crouched down to his level. I kissed his head for a bit and looked at him through his eyes.

What would I do if you’re not with me, my son?

“Is it real?” I asked and he hummed happily.

“This book tells me that mommy gave birth to me and it is really hurt! And then you take care of me until I become like this,” He pointed to his face. I smiled and kissed his forehead. “And then you always tell me that it is alright to fail even though you are disappointed. Oh, it tells me that you are good at hiding your feelings too!” He grinned from ear to ear.

“That is your power!” I kissed his cheeks and hold his hand to go outside. Min Ah was waiting while leaning against the car door.

“What takes you so long?” She groaned. “Sorry…” I mumbled.

“You drive.” She said shortly. I nodded and placed Yi Kyung on the passenger’s seat at the front. I sat on the driver seat and started the engine.

“Which shopping mall?” I asked. She just shrugged and asked me to drive wherever. I raised my brow. She was the one who invited me to shop.

I just answered with a simple okay and continued to drive.

_-~*~-_

“Eww, you want to buy that one? Choose something more expensive!” Min Ah said. I scoffed a bit.

For what buying expensive things? I don’t really fond of buying at these kind of places. I mean, I just went to some baby’s shops that have sales downtown.

“Have you scanned? What gender?” She asked while choosing some baby’s clothes. At the most expensive section of course.

“Girls.” I answered shortly. I was still searching for the clothes.

“Oh, okay.” She turned her attention at the clothes.

I realized about something.

Where is Yi Kyung…?

“Yi Kyung-ah…”

No answer.

“Yi Kyung-ah, come to mommy.”

No answer.

“Yi Kyung-ah! It is not the right time to play hide and seek!”

My heart started to beat faster. There is no response.

“Yi Kyung…” I was on the urge of tears.

“Wait! Did you see my son? He is this tall and have fair complexion.” I asked the salesgirl. She just shook her head.

“What should I do…” I ran up to Min Ah and saw her talking to someone over the phone.

“M-Min Ah… did you see Yi Kyung anywhere?” I asked her.


“N-No.. I-I didn’t…” She trailed. She broke into cold sweat as her hand started to tremble. “Are you okay? You are trembling.” I stated.

“G-Go f-find for Yi Kyung now!” She pushed me over the shoulder.

I went to the receptionist and told her to make an announcement about a missing child.

“Excuse me, I saw a boy fainted on the basement floor just now. Maybe it is your son…?” I saw a man in his forties walking towards me.

“B-basement floor?” I asked again.

“Maybe you should go—“ Before he could finish his sentence, I rushed towards the elevator.

I pushed the button countless times as tears started to fall.

A boy… fainted… basement floor…

Every word echoed in my mind. What happened?! The door opened as I stepped inside. I pushed the button to the basement floor. Tears were blurring my sight. My headache was attacking. My legs felt numb.

I was near to collapse but I held it in.

The door opened and I literally ran towards nowhere. This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter