Hurt

Unexpected

"What the hell do you want from me?" I asked Michael in a slurry voice, with the amount of alcohol I have been drinking for the past 2 hours it can already last me a lifetime.

"Look, you don't need to be miserable, I'm here for you. I will take care of you." Michael replied placing his arm around my shoulders. I immediately shrugged it off and downed another glass of scotch. 

"You?!!! Take care of me?!!!" I literally shouted and laughed out loud. "You ruined my life. You were the one who made me miserable." I hissed while poking a finger on his chest. My vision is really becoming blurry at this point. I tried to get up from my seat only to fall into Michael's arms. He took advantage and hugged me tightly. I didn't have strength anymore to push him, he was saying things but I can't hear a single thing anymore as I slowly passed out.

The next day

I was awaken by the sunlight that was passing through the blinds of my window. I quickly placed a hand on my eyes for protection. My head is throbbing real bad it felt like I don't ever want to get up from bed.

"You're finally awake. My God I thought you went on a comma" Anne said immediately adjusting the blinds for me.

"How? Who brought me home?" I asked slowly sitting up while massaging my forehead.

"Me of course, and Michael." she snapped "You have to thank me for coming just in time,if I was late for another minute, I'm pretty sure you would have ended up in someone else's bed last night." she continued on sarcastically.

"Thank you my fairy godmother for saving me." I replied teasingly seeing Anne roll her eyes before giving a small laugh.

"But seriously, you shouldn't be drinking that much anymore. You got me so worried" Anne said in a very concerned tone.

"I promise you, that's gonna be the last time. I'm done. I have to stick with the decision that I made. I will do my best to move on from everything starting today. I'm sorry that I made you worry." I answered walking towards her for a tight hug.

"I'll be very honest, I am not happy with the decision that you made. I really think it was selfish of you not to give Khun a chance. But its just me, you know I will support you regardless. Just please, don't ever try to live in misery again just like what you did the past few years when  Michael left you. You deserve to be happy too." Anne hugged me tighter as I shed more tears knowing that everything she said was right. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

One more day before the so-called "Engagement Party" , everyone around me are so excited. I have been like a robot,basically just following what they say, talking without any emotion. There's no way I can fake my feelings at this point. My phone rang, it's Sara.

"Hey, are you still not feeling well? You haven't replied to me since you picked me up at the airport yesterday. How are you?" She asked in a worried tone." 

"I am not ok Sara, I don't think I ever will be ok." I replied coldly. I know it's not Sara's fault that we are in this situation. But the sad part is both of us are trapped with our family's decision and we still can't find a way to get out of it. Good for her she gets motivation from Taec, but how about me? I already have no one. Should I just be selfish and just go with this marriage without love so that my family will finally stop messing with me, or should I help Sara since I know that she also doesn't deserve to live an unhappy life.

"Khun, we will sort this out, I told you we'll just play along for now, but definitely we won't get as far as being in front of the altar." she said trying to comfort me.

I know that at this point this will benefit her more than me, but I can't have another life ruined just because mine already is. "Don't worry Sara, even if it didn't work-out in my end, I will still help you. I will do as I promised, I want you to be happy." I replied in an assuring tone.

After my chat with Sara, I decided to go for a walk and went to one of my favorite coffee shops. Well it became my favorite since we spent many hours together here, just talking about life and all the changes that I have to go through just to prepare me for this dreaded engagement day. It felt bitter-sweet stepping in front of the cashier, it seemed like yesterday when I can still hear her voice ordering our all-time favorite. 

"One Mocha Frappuccino please, Venti." I told the cashier who smiled pleasantly and even offered pastries. I realized that she seem to be mesmerized just looking at my face so I finally came into my senses that it was not just her who was looking closely, the lady next on queue was also looking at me.

"Nichkhun, is that you?" the lady asked. I wasn't quite sure at first if I know but when I finally looked into her eyes, I knew I can never forget those eyes that I once loved.

"Oh, Hi Soobin!" I replied awkwardly. She ordered quickly so we could move in front of the order's pick-up counter. "How are you? Sorry I didn't recognize you immediately." I asked taking note that she has matured but still has a good figure and flawless skin. 

"I'm ok. I felt exactly the same. I can't believe my eyes when I saw you, You have changed so much. You ..you look great." she even stuttered saying the last few words. We took the orders that we placed and slowly walked together towards the door. As we tried to catch up.

"I'm glad that your mom survived from Cancer and I wish you.." I was not able to finish what I wanted to say when a group of people suddenly came in laughing boisterously. They were all very familiar. I know that they were my schoolmates before and the guy who seem to be leading the way is Soobin's rude boyfriend that I also met way back.

"There you are, we have been waiting for you that I had to fetch you here." Soobin's boyfriend immediately placed his arms around her waist. "And who do we have here?" he asked looking at me from head to foot. "I remember you. Dang! is this really who I think he is?" he blurted out loud.

"Oh My God! Nichkhun is that you?" One of Soobin's girlfriend stated in amazement. "Wow, you look AMAZING!" she said with pure emphasis on the last word. The others started asking me questions one after another that I din't even know who to answer first.

"YAH! All of you STOP!" Soobin's boyfriend raised his hand and shouted. "You act as though you just saw a moviestar?" he said sarcastically. "Yeah he does look better than before, but look at him, he's still alone." he continued with a devilish smirk in his face. "As an old song goes "Money can't buy me love." he sang the line of the song.

I wanted so bad to just punch him in the face. It's pretty obvious that I'm flushed with anger with how red my ears are. I took a deep breath and was about to give him an answer when a hand suddenly yanked my arm and the next thing I knew I was already deep in a gentle yet passionate kiss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was one of those days that all I wanted was to be alone and have a cup of coffee. I sat in our favorite spot. I remember how happy we were whenever we have the chance to talk about things that we enjoy in life. I can still see his beautiful smile whenever he listens to my stories. I miss him badly but I just want to hold on to these beautiful memories that we had together. 

Like Deja Vu, out of nowhere he suddenly stepped inside the cafe. I trembled at the sight of him. I dunno whether to run or just stay because in my heart all I want is to continue looking at his angelic face. I knew he didn't see me so I decided to stay a while longer. Just breathing the same air as his seem to give so much joy in my heart knowing that he is just a few meters away from me.

He started a conversation with the lady behind him on queue, they seem to be old friends. I can see him trying to be sincere but part of me felt that he was really not ok to see this person. They were inching their way towards the exit when a group of people came in and I can over hear every little thing that the loud guy was saying.

"You act as though you just saw a moviestar? the guy said which made my left eyebrow go up. "Yeah he does look better than before, but look at him, he's still alone." he continued on menacingly which triggered my fury, I began to move towards them just as the guy was singing "Money can't buy me love"

I literally yanked Khun by his arm to face me, and pressed my lips hard on his giving him a quick passionate kiss. His eyes were closed, I let go and said "Honey, you're finally here. I've been waiting for you at our favorite spot over there." I chirpped sweetly pointing as to where I was seated.

His face was full of confusion and shock and was just looking at me as if I'm some alien from outer space. I squeezed his hand hoping he'll snap out from the trance that he's in. He blinked and slowly a beautiful smile came across his face. "I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, I just bumped into some old friends." he replied and immediately introduced me to everyone. I eyed the guy who was bullying Khun, and then flashed him the most dazzling smile that I could ever give to someone. I am so happy that I dolled myself up today. I told myself as they examined my blue minidress that showed-off my legs and all else complimented my curves. 

"It's so nice to meet your beautiful girlfriend too Khunnie" Soobin finally broke the awkward silence. Everone else in the group complimented that we looked good together saying their goodbyes as we both walked them out of the cafe. The rude guy just walked-off looking defeated.

I was still holding Khun's hand tightly when he cleared his throat. I immediately released his hand, I guess I got carried away again. I knew he was looking at me but I can't seem to bring myself to look at him so I just said. "I gotta go now. See you on Saturday." I turned around and was about to leave when he grabbed my wrist.

We just stood there looking at each other as if the world stopped and all we wanted was just to stay there and be lost in each other's gaze. I can see pain, anger, longing and love in his eyes but he can't seem to find the right words to say to me. I placed a hand on his cheek as he closed his eyes, and he immediately held it tightly only to end up removing it after opening his eyes again. His eyes now filled with fury. He released me from his grip.

"Thank you for helping me out there." he said coldly, "I guess that's the last act that you have to put up that is covered by the payment that Sofia is gonna be giving you. I hope she pays you well" his words pierced right through me like I was stabbed deeply. But aside from pain, I felt humiliated hearing this from the person that I love. I really can't believe that he just told me that, but anger really got the better of me so I slapped him right across the face.

"How dare you say that to me. Yes! I did a hell of a great job for you and your family! For you to insult me like I'm just here for the money is unbelievable!"  I replied under my breath, gritting my teeth trying my best not to attract more than the attention that we already took after I slapped him.

He was rubbing the cheek that collided with my hand. "You have only yourself to blame for what I have become." Khun snapped back. "I hope you're happy to be back in the arms of the person who made your life miserable." those were his final words as he turned and left me stunned in the middle of the sidewalk. As if on cue I heard a voice calling out my name as the owner quickly approached me...It was Michael.

 

--------------------------------------------

How was it??? I'm quite on a roll now, and would probably have this ended very soon. I hope ya'll like it.

Should I make another tragic ending on this? LOL!

Comments will be greatly appreciated =]