Knew It

Unexpected

KHUN's POV

The moment I stepped inside the coffee shop, I felt so nervous. I know that my cousin told me that she is hiring a professional to help. I didn't know whether to feel insulted or thankful because I know how much Sofia cared for me. Yes I am giving in to all these agreements but it doesn't necessarily mean that this is what I wanted for myself. My future has already been decided upon and written in paper way before I was even born in this world. If my mom was alive, I know that she wouldn't let this happen to me. Finding my cousin with her back turned at me, I suddenly froze seeing the woman sitting across her, she looked very familiar but I'm not sure where I saw her.

"Sofia" I called out and waved at her as she turned and smiled at me. As I came near them, I can't help but admire my cousin's friend. She was weaing faded skinny jeans, red pumps and assymetrical blouse that showed off her shoulder, simple yet elegant. It was my first time to meet her yet it felt like I've known her for so long so I can't help but stare at her. We did our introductions and the rest of what she said totally blew me away.

"Look Sofia, Nichkhun, I am very straight-forward and brutally frank when it comes to my job so I hope you take everything constructively." she paused and took a deep breath.

"You are right Sofia, your cousin is very handsome, however I really don't understand why you dress-up like a grandpa when you are just 26 years old. Your hair ." she then leaned forward to touch my hair. " It looks terrible I'm sorry, why'd you even thought of growing it that long and then leaving it all dry and fuzzy." she continued as she was looking at me from head to foot. I didn't know how to feel because it was the first time that I heard anyone being so frank about my appearance. Oh well it's her job so I shouldn't really feel bad about it.

 "Do we have a timeframe Sofia?" she asked. While I continued to space-out. something that I use as a defense mechanism so I won't hear hurtful words from other people which has been a common routine for me eversince my mom died. Then she flicked a finger in front of my face.

"Are you always this spaced-out? Because seriously you need to tell me as early as now so I can get an assistant just to bring you back to your senses every so often." she asked looking annoyed

"I apologize, I am just not used to these kind of talks." I bowed my head in apology. SHe continued on and gave me instructions on what we will be doing the next day and then I promised to come early.

"You're cute! I'll just see you tomorrow, 8 am at my office." she told me while handing her card. Was that a compliment I dunno but it did feel good, I knew I was quite obvious that I felt embarrassed and flattered at the same time. Before leaving she told me to get rid of my sunglasses, which was actually one of my favorites. In my head this lady is really making me go through an emotional roller-coaster ride. Now I'm not sure what to expect in the coming days but for some reason I felt very excited and scared at the same time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's here." my assistant told me that my new client has arrived as Nichkhun entered wearing jeans and a simple red shirt topped by his snap back, but today he was wearing glasses. At least today he doesn't look like someone who came from the 80's.

"Hi Nichkhun! Good Morning! Please sit down. " I greeted him cheerfully. "You're wearing glasses?" I asked in a curious tone.

"Oh they are just corrective lenses because I started getting dizzy 3 months ago." Nichkhun replied with a weak smile.

"Alright, its not like you're blind without it right? Because you need to tell me so we can include that on our to do list." I told him, while opening a small notebook where I have already listed things that I had to do with him. It has been my habit to have a planner for each project that I handle.

"Don't worry I'm fine without it, should I remove it?" Khun almost stuttered as he asked me.

"No, it's fine, and will you please loosen up, I don't bite ok? Not unless you bite me so I bite back." I said teasingly. I know he was meant to laugh on my joke but he just smiled and blushed instead. I can't help but roll my eyes, but yeah it's just the first day he'll get used to it as time passes. And I do intend to bring the best out of him. I just feel that there is something really special in him that just needs to be unleashed.

"So, let's start our day with your hair make-over and..." I then leaned forward holding his face and yanking it from left to right "You also need some facial and skin treatment, so let's go." as we stepped out of the building there was sleek black Rolls Royce parked in front and chauffeur came out as soon as as he saw us.

"Here's my ride." Khun told me his face still blank.

"I see, we can just use my car, just ask him to leave and not to worry coz I won't kidnap you." I told Khun with a laugh. He talked to his driver while I waited for him inside my my Mini Cooper convertible.

"Your car is nice!" he blurted out in amazement.

"Thanks, I bring her everywhere I go when I am to stay at one place for more than 3 months. I can't live without Mimi." I explained while driving.

"Her? Mimi? Wow you sure are very interesting." Khun said with a smile. "Hi Mimi its nice to meet you!" he greeted my car and I laughed. This boy really has an adorable side I just know it. The ride to the salon was lively as expected because I talk a lot. While Khun just listened and smiled. 

"Seriously Nichkhun, you should speak up more when we're together, or else my voice will haunt you for the rest of your life because I really talk too much." I told him while parking in front of the salon.

"Just call me Khun." he replied as my eyes met his round twinkling ones. We just stared for a few seconds the I snapped out.

"So you have a nickname, it would have helped if you told me earlier. I wasn't even sure if I was pronouncing your name correctly all this time" I told him jokingly as we entered the salon.

"Hi there Simon, this is Khun, I already told you what needs to be done and please give him skin treatment too." I started going through some other details while Khun's hair was immediately washed by one of the attendants.

"Its not a hopeless case, he actually looks very handsome and cute. I assure you that after this make-over you can even make him sign-up as a model." Simon said confidently.

"I know right, please instruct him how to take care of his hair and skin after you're done, I'll just pick him up after 3 hours?" I asked.

"Yeah 3 hours will be fine, just in time for lunch." Simon said with a grin."You will have a lunch date with a prince later." he continued.

"Haha! prove it!" I gave Simon a peck on the cheek then approached Khun.

"I will leave you for a short while since I actually have a commitment 2 blocks from here, its a street photoshoot. I will just pick you up for lunch later ." I told him and gave his shoulder a squeeze, I was about to remove my hand when he stopped me from doing so, we were both looking at each other through the mirror and I just raised my eyebrow in response.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was just gonna say that you don't need to pick me up, I'll just go there once I'm done since its just 2 blocks away." Khun said shyly as he released my hand.

"Sure, I'll see you then, here's the address." I wrote down the location in a  piece of paper "Don't forget that your date will be waiting for you ok?!" I said with a wink and teasing grin. WHile Khun's ears started to turn burning red again.

"You like her don't you?" Simon asked Khun and he immediately shook his head rapidly. "Don't worry its gonna be our secret, she is one Hot Noona so I understand." Simon whispered then started doing his hair.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

After she left I was able to breath comfortably. For some reason I feel so uptight and nervous  whenever she's around. To be honest she is very attractive, smart, witty and humorous. Maybe I just can't keep up with her personality. I don't want her to get bored of me, so I guess its time for me to show my comfortable side? Maybe? My knees just grows weak whenever she winks at me and giving me those sweet side comments, I just dont understand why is that necessary.

3 hours went by like a breeze I actually can't believe how Simon did so much magic on my hair and even my skin looks fresh and nice. I was just staring at my reflection and wondered why I never thought of having my hair fixed, I actually look awesome.

"OH MY GOD! You look like a model that just stepped out from a fashion magazine. You even made the clothes that you're wearing right now look classy!" Simon said triumphantly, the salon assistants were all blusing and they even asked to take a picture with me. Though I felt embarrassed I felt that I owe them my new appearance so I did and I could see that I made them very happy which warmed my heart.

"Thank you so much for your help and I promise to come back and to follow all of your instructions." Khun shook Simon's hand, as they gave me a paper bag full of things that he needs to use for his skin and hair. I went in front of the cashier for payment but.

"Its all been paid for don't worry, hurry, or your date might get angry." he told him with a teasing smilea. Looking at my watch it was 12 noon and yeah, she might worry about me, so I walked quickly towards her location.

After 2 blocks I saw the set for the photoshoot and there she was, talking seriously to a male model and to another guy who seem to be the photographer. I was hesitant to approach her but I know I have to. As I came nearer, I saw the male model leaning towards her ear whispering something and then I could see her laughing at whatever he said. They were too close and for some reason I felt very uncomfortable and I felt a bit annoyed.

Clearing my throat I said "Hi, sorry I'm a bit late." she turned to look at me, and her face went from shocked, to pure satisfaction, before she can say a word the photographer said.

"Oh you're here, It's alright we are not yet done with him so you still have time to prepare for your..." the photographer was about to say more.

"Oh no, he's not one of our models, he is, ummm, my date, for lunch" she said casually smiling at all of them. Then she hooked her arm around mine and said. " We're going now, Call me if you need anything urgent." she led me to where her car was parked and the moment that we were inside. " Thank God you came! That guy, Uggggghhh has been hitting on me like car brakes for almost an hour now. I just can't stand it anymore." she looked so cute when helpless so I ended up laughing.

"So you're laughing right now when I'm being serious but you won't even give out a fake laugh on my jokes. Thank you very much!" She pouted which made my heart flutter for some reason.

"Don't be mad, I just...I just thought that you were actually enjoying his company since you looked so sweet when I arrived." I tried to control my voice making sure that I don't sound like I'm jealous or anything.

"Awww why do I have a feeling that you're jealous?" She side-eyed at me with a sheepish grin. I was taken aback. "Kidding! Gotcha" she waved a peace sign in front of my face. "Told you to loosen up!" She laughed out loud.

At lunch i realized that I was talking more and started to act a little comfortably in front of her and it feels good. It's been a long-time since I went out especially with a girl. But when she talks business I know that I have to take everything by heart. Before we left the restaurant.

"Khun, we still have a long way to go but I  know that whatever your expectations are as well as your family's we'll definitely reach that and I am confident that we can even exceed it only if you would let me help you and we will do this together. Let's put it this way, I know that no one in this world would ever find arranged marriage acceptable so let's not use that as your reason for doing all these, do this for yourself Khun, do this to prove others that you are far better than what they expect you to be, and I am saying this off the record, I believe that you are a great person, I may not know your reasons for having all these reservations but the moment I met you I just felt that more than being one of my new clients I felt the need to help you since you're special to one of my closest friends, like family. So I hope that this will be a start of good working relationship and friendship as well." She smiled and offered her hand for another handshake. "Friends?"  she asked 

"Yes, Friends." I accepted this time feeling the warmth and softness of her hand seemed to have eased all the tension away. "Thank you for believing in me, and I promise that I'll do my best, to be a better person." Khun said firmly feeling his new found confidence very uplifting.

We left the restaurant and started with our shopping. She bought me so many clothes, shoes, accessories. She was not after the brand but more on the style. And what I liked the most is she asked my opinion on almost everything making sure that everything that we pick will suit my taste and at the same time I will be comfortable to use and wear.She may have some sharp comments at times but instead of spacing out I listened to her attentively because I know she meant well.

Our last stop was at the gym, she introduced me to the trainer who then interviewed me while she changed her clothes. So apparently we are both there to exercise.

"Just with one look at you I'm sure that you're athletic. Are you doing any sport?" Won the trainer asked me.

"I play badminton and muay thai" I replied, feeling very awkward since I can't help but admire how well-built his body was, how I wish I also had arms like that, I've always been very thin no matter what I do.

"Nice, you maybe very slim but your body is very defined." he started feeling my arms and lifted my shirt to check my upper body. "Do you have a difficulty gaining weight?" he continued to ask.

"Yeah, that's been my problem for a long time, and even if I do gain weight I also lose it easily." I answered in a sad tone.

"Don't worry I'll give you instructions on what type of diet you need to do starting tonight plus all necessary supplements. If you're willing to give much time on this you will definitely achieve the figure that you would like to have." he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Really? You made me so excited!"  we  both continued talking about my work-out schedule when she finally went out of the changing room. My eyes almost popped out seeing her in a tight tank top with a plunging neckline which showed off her well-curved upper body and s and hot pink sweats. She looked a lot younger than her age without make-up.

"I'll be doing yoga. You guys can go on with your business." She casually squeezed my cheek then went to the Yoga area.

"She's such a sweetheart isn't she? Feisty but sweet." you snapped out from the trance that you got into the moment you saw her.

"Yes she is." Those were the only words that I managed to say, though I could think of so much words to describe how charming and attractive she is.

I was dead tired after the work out but it really felt good. We went for a quick snack and then she dropped me off at our house. I offered her to come in but she declined.

"Are you sure you don't want to come in and at least have coffee with me?" I asked

"I'm definite, it's already 12 mn you better sleep we can just meet for lunch tomorrow make sure you sleep well." she replied with a warm smile.

"Oh before I forget." she opened her glove compartment took out an eyewear case and handed it over to me. " I bought this for you since I asked you to get rid of the one you were wearing yesterday. Hope you'll like it

I was deeply touched as I opened the case and a set of aviators greeted me. All I can do was smile from ear to ear.

"Thank you so much! Goodnight! and Take Care! See you tomorrow for lunch" I told her happily.

"Yeah, its a date, make sure to look good ok?!" she answered and blew me a kiss then stuck out her tongue."Bye!!" she waved and drove away.

How can she be such a tease! Is she for real? I am seriously not liking how I'm beginning to feel for her but at the same time I cannot deny the fact that being with her also makes me feel so good.

__________________________________________

It's been a long time since I did this. Its not that I'm playing with his emotions but he needs to get used to such actions from ladies. I need to make sure that he will be prepared for the ups and downs in a relationship.  But what I am surprised about is how natural I am doing it with him. I need to focus, this is my job, one of those projects that I need to accomplish, nothing more nothing less.

**I am updating really fast because just like the early chapters of my other fics I normally pour everything out while I still have it in mind...Would appreciate comments...Thanks!!!**