Not yet Over

Unexpected

Hours went on, we enjoyed each other's company. I don't know, but for some reason, even though we're just pretending to be a couple, everything was so natural between us. I never thought I would ever feel this way again towards a guy after what happened to me and Michael. I admit as much as I enjoy being with Khun I still have to get a grip of myself, and remain in-touch with reality that this is all for a show and that Khun is my client.

"I just have to go back to my room for a few minutes, It's getting cold I think I should bring us some jacket." Khun said as he got up from our table.

"Alright, I'll just wait here." I replied as he went on his way back to the hotel. I was looking at the starlit sky. It was so beautiful, while I took a sip from my beer bottle.

"How can you easily forget about me?" Michael said taking his seat beside me.

"Are you even worth remembering." I answered back sarcastically, about to leave the table but he took a grip on my wrist to prevent me from doing so.

"You never gave me the chance to explain. You're the one that I loved, you're the one that I wanted to marry." Michael said in a pleading tone.

"Loved? Wanted to marry? It's all in the past right?" I spatted back at him coldly, looking straight into his eyes, his grip on my wrist becoming more tight.

"Please Michael, there's no reason for us to go through all of these, I'm way over all the pain and hatred so please, let's just move on with our lives,." I continued, trying my best to hold back the tears that are about to fall. He held my hand tightly on his chest.

"But I still love you, seeing you again made me realize that my life is totally incomplete without you. That being with Sandra never really meant anything to me other than..." I interrupted his speech.

"Having good ? Is that it? And you want me to believe what you're saying? Look, I don't love you anymore, so please stay away from me." I tried to remove my hand from his but he just won't let go.

"You heard her right?! She doesn't love you anymore, so please, take your hands off my girlfriend while I am still asking you nicely." Khun said in a calm yet threatening tone. His fists were clenched and could feel that he really is angry seeing what Michael is doing.

Michael stood up to face him "Your girl? How long have you known her for you to tag her as your property?" Michael came towards Khun his gaze throwing daggers at him. I immediately went in between.

"Please stop this. Khun let's go." I then pushed Khun away from Michael, holding his hand yanking him away from the scene. A handful of people already noticed what was going on.

"It's not yet over!" Michael exclaimed watching us walk away from him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

I cannot let her out of my sight. I know that the weekend is almost over, but I feel that she already became my responsibility, especially while Michael is around. He failed so many times within the last 2 days in trying to come near her. I feel relieved that we have been very effective in posing as a couple. It's our last evening in Jeju and now I dunno what to feel. It's like waking up from a beautiful dream. I was waiting for her patiently while she dress-up for the ball. My phone suddenly rang.

"Khun, when are you coming home?" Sofia's asked immediately without even saying hello.

"I'll be back tomorrow.' I replied calmly.

"Great, I hope you haven't been a pain for tagging along while my dear friend is working there in Jeju." Sofia replied with a weak laugh.

"Of course not! you could ask her yourself...." I was not able to continue anymore with what I was about to say. I was in awe seeing how beautiful this creature that came out from the walk-in closet. I have seen all sides of her but tonight, she looks like a princess that came out from a fairy-tale book. I almost lost grip of my phone.

"You can close your mouth now Khun." she giggled. "Oh C'mon! don't stare at me like that! It feels so uncomfortable! I don't like wearing evening gowns like this." She pouted and started stomping her way towards the bed. She loooked so damn cute that it drives me crazy. The silver gown that hugged her perfect curves, along with the V neckline that gave emphasis on her healthy s just took my breath away.

"But..But..." stuterring, "But you look so beautiful. You look like a princess." I told her with a genuine smile.

She looked at me, examining my face as if making sure that I was sincere with what I was saying. And then her lips parted into an angelic smile. "You look so handsome too. And since you look like a prince, I'm glad that in your eyes I look like a princess which makes me a good enough date for you." She laughed happily.

"I don't even recall a time that you don't look great. Even the simplest clothes looked great on you. And I'm the one who should feel honored to be your date." I answered back as I offered my arm to her. "Let's go?" she took my arm as we started to take our leave towards one of the most memorable night in my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You look absolutely gorgeous tonight. It's been a while since I've seen you dress-up for such an occasion and I am so happy that you did tonight." Shin said gleefully while choosing food from the buffet table.

"Thanks sis. And yeah, I do miss dressing-up too but just got lazy coz I felt I don't have to look attractive for anyone, anyway" I laughed while taking some pesto pasta.

"And now you have someone." Shin smiled while eyeing on Khun who was seated on a nearby table waiting for us. He smiled and waved then gestured us to come back quick. "He's like an angel. You guys look perfect together." Shin continued, obviously very happy for me now that I'm "SUPPOSED" to be dating again. But she's right. Khun is a beautiful person both inside and out, and it would've been great if I get to know him more. But he's too young, and also he's my client, this is just a job. 

"Just a job." I muttered to myself trying to regain my focus.

"What did you say?" Shin asked, while we walk towards our table.

"It was nothing, I remembered something about my job." I answered back nervously. The plate that I was holding almost fell when Michael sudenly appeared in front of us with a sheepish grin.

"Hi Ladies! And My God!" he looked at me from head to foot then whistled. "You look so Hot tonight!" he said in a low , husky voice which I used to find y but now I wanted to puke because I feel violated hearing it.

"Why look at you Michael. Handsome as always, why not stay within your boundaries, you're wife seem to be bothered that you're talking to other women." Shin said while pointing on Sandra's direction who is now looking at us with a deadly stare.

He then turned to me and said " I really need to talk to you. Just you and me, please. I just want us to.."

"To put closure on what happened in the past. Alright fine. Let's have this done and over with. I'll have to tell Khun first so please wait for me by the terrace. I want to remain visible so he won't worry about me." I told him then continued walking towards Khun.

"Finally, I was about to save you from that jerk again." he sighed in relief

"Don't worry Khun, I'm fine, I just need to talk to him so that he would stop bugging me. I know Michael, he won't stop unless he gets what he wants. And since he just wants to talk, then that's what we're gonna do. I'll be right back." I told him in a reassuring tone.

He grabbed my hand and said. "Are you sure about this?" he looked straight at my eyes obviously worried. "I just wanna make sure that you will be safe with him, and that, you won't....ummm..." he seemed to have lost the words that he wanted to say.

"And that I won't change my mind about him?" I asked him, and then he looked at me, like a little child pleading so I laughed at how cute he was and gave his cheek a squeeze. "Of course I won't change my mind about Michael. And stop being adorable. I might fall for you." I stuck out my tongue and turned towards the terrace while asking myself. "What was that all about...what just slipped out of my stupid mouth." I whispered while hitting my forehead with my palm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

Her words kept on repeating in my brain. "And stop being adorable, I might fall for you." I was just staring straight out of the glass door that separated the room from the terrace. Looking closely as to how the 2 of them are talking. I can feel my stomach churning, not from hunger but for some reason I really feel weird. My heart is beating so fast like it's running a 100M dash competition. Part of me wanted to go out there and stop this useless talk that they are having about the past. But also, I respect her decision. If she believes that this is for the best. Then I trust her. "Why am I even acting this way?" Khun asked himself.

"It's normal to feel jealous. You're the current boyfriend and he's the ex, so what do you expect? It would be weird if you don't feel anything." Shin said as she took the seat beside me.

"I think it's normal. But I do feel threatened since they have been together for so long. And Michael is a very succesful man. So yeah." I just sighed taking a sip of wine.

Shin laughed like what I just said was a joke. "I'm sorry that I laughed, but Khun, I don't see any reason why you should feel insecure. Believe me, I haven't seen my friend this happy for the longest time. And I can definitely feel how she loves you dearly just by the way she looks at you and that goes the same with how you are to her as well. Thank you for bringing back the old her, and promise me that you won't break her heart ever!" she tried to look threatening by pointing a fork at me teasingly.

I never really noticed how she looked at me. I do feel that she cares for me a lot, but I don't want to assume that it's because she feels something else for me other than friendship. But being with her made me feel so right, and I know that I already have feelings for her. Feelings that I have to keep, and feelings that I just have to express because it's part of our act. I am still lucky that I had this chance to make her feel how I care for her...and how much I love her. Am I already in love with her? my mind asks, and then my heart answered with very fast and loud pounding as if wanting to scream the word "YES"

Next thing I see is Michael wrapping her in a warm embrace. My heart skipped a beat seeing her not moving away from him. She's allowing him to hug her. I was about to go to where they're at when the host suddenly announced.

"We are calling-in all the participants ,we will be announcing now , the company chosen to handle 2015's Spring Collection in Paris. Good luck!" the host then reached out for an envelope from the committee.

"Hey, sorry it took me so long. Michael was just being overly dramatic." she exclaimed while clutching both of her hands. Feeling very nervous, I just looked at her without saying a word, coz I really don't know if I should ask her what happened coz I really don't have the right to do so. Then she noticed my silence.

"Hmmm.." she then took my face into her hands. "Are you affected by that small tallk I had with Michael?" she asked.

"Me? , ummm not that I have the right to be affected, but more of concerned. Just hoping that he won't bother you anymore." I answered softly taking both her hands into mine, she was about to talk more when we heard her name called. Her team got the project in Paris! 

"Oh My God Khun!" she was near tears as she held my hand tightly. I gave her a bear hug then escorted her towards the stage. We were greeted by cheers along the way.

"Congratulations, we missed your work soooo much. We will be looking forward to what you will have in-store for us in Paris. Is there anything you would like to say?" The emcee asked her. I can see that she was trembling, probably out of excitement or nervousness but I can see on her eyes how happy she is.

"Thank you for giving me and my team team this opportunity to promote next year's Spring Collection, we will work harder for this. Thank you to my team, without all of you this wouldn't be possible. And Thank you Khun for being by my side. To God be the Glory." she said cheerfully as people onstage continued greeting her and shaking her hands. I on the other hand just stood there frozen. We're playing it too real aren't we? She actually acknowledged me as someone special in her life. That was the first time I ever experienced that. Not even my family did that to me. She went down the stage as the music started playing for everyone to dance. I reached out for her hand and she took mine.

"Thank you." those were the only words I can say to her, my mind was still in a blur.

"For what?" she asked as she looked at me in confusion.

"For what you did up there, I don't know if I deserve that, and I don't know why you even did that. But it meant to me a lot." I answered as we started swaying with the beat of the music.

"You did so much for me Khun, I wish I can tell you everything but Thank you is not enough." she smiled at me, and we just got locked in each others' gaze that seem to have lasted for eternity. My heart was beating rapidly and I can feel that she was getting nervous as well. She looked away shyly and at that instant I saw Michael, coming our way. I can't contain my jealousy anymore, I had to do something for him not to spoil this moment. Our moment, because I don't know if this will ever happen again.

Placing my hand behind her neck as the other held her waist tightly. She gasped, and looked at me with twinkling eyes. As I moved my face closer to hers giving her a soft kiss on her beautiful lips. I thought, she will reject my bold move, but instead she fought back. We started kissing as we danced along the sweet melody that was playing. We didn't care what was happening around us, or what would other people say, all we know is we were both happy in each other's arms. 

Slowly our lips parted. At first she can't look straight into my eyes, so I mustered up the strength to break the silence. "I like you...I like you a lot." I just had to say what my mind heart wanted to say at that moment.

She then looked at me with sad eyes. "But Khun, I can't.." I then placed a finger on her lips to stop her from what she was about to say.

I then looked at my watch and said "I still have a few more hours as your boyfriend. I hope you will let me make the most out of it, please." She nodded and gave me an apologetic smile as she placed her head on my shoulder,I hugged her tightly. If only we could just stay this way forever. That was what my heart told me but my mind said, unfortunately we can't.