Mistakes

Unexpected

"So you finally invite me over for dinner only to watch you drink till you drop?" Sara exclaimed sarcastically watching Khun drinking one glass after another.

"I'm sorry Sara, I really dunno who to talk to at this point now. I'm so lost and angry." Khun replied in a defeated tone

"I'm hear to listen please tell me what happened and what I can do to help?" Sara placed a hand over his for comfort.

Khun told her what happened. From the time that he received the pictures to the events that happened earlier today.

"So earlier you feel that she was gonna meet-up with her ex or her boyfriend. God! I'm confused Khun. How can you assume that she got back with him with those pictures sent to you by Sofia? Sara asked obviously unable to comprehend what is happening.

"The guy is everywhere Sara. Just when I was about to seize the moment with her. He pops-up from nowhere!" Khun cried out loud in frustration.

Khun's POV earlier

She suddenly removed her hand from mine. I just looked at her carefully, I dunno what to say. Part of me wanted to hug her, kiss her again like the way she kissed me earlier. The kiss.... It was short but heartfelt. It was screaming LOVE while we were savoring every second of it. 

"I gotta go, See you on Saturday." she turned to leave but I had to stop her. Taking a grip on her wrist, she faced me and there we were, lost again in each others eyes. Our eyes that could never lie, even without words all the pain, misery and above all the Love that we are trying so hard to keep from each other can be seen. She placed a hand on my cheek, it felt so warm, I held it for a moment with my eyes closed, hoping this moment will never last, hoping she will never let go of me anymore.

The moment I opened my eyes. I saw him looking at us and all sanity left my body. A wave of extreme anger took over as I let go of her. 

"Thank you for helping me out there." I said with an icy tone "I guess that's the last act that you have to put up that is covered by the payment that Sofia is gonna be giving you. I hope she pays you well"

Her face turned bright red as she slapped me across the face. She was trembling, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"How dare you say that to me. Yes! I did a hell of a great job for you and your family! For you to insult me like I'm just here for the money is unbelievable!" she said breathlessly trying to control herself from breaking down in public.

As I continuously see Michael approach us, the more I felt angrier. So many questions ran into my mind, How can she allow this man to win her back? Why not me? Am I so undeserving to be loved? Yes she did help me change, to realize that I am special. That I can do so much more in life, more than what my family has thought I will be able to achieve. She gave me hope for a better life, for a beautiful future only to be abandoned by her in the middle of nowhere.

"You have only yourself to blame for what I have become." I hissed back. "I hope you're happy to be back in the arms of the person who made your life miserable." I left her dumbstruck. I didn't dare turn to give her another look 'coz I might see something that would make me go crazy and I might end up in jail for beating that jerk up.

Present....

"Earth to Khun?" Sara waved her hands in front of my face. "I SAID, so what if he's everywhere? I mean, that doesn't prove anything. Have you even tried asking her? What if it's just that Michael guy who kept on following her around. You are putting yourself in unecessary agony Khunnie." Sara explained giving my shoulder a tight squeeze.

Sara's right, it's like everything between us was so unclear and we never gave each other the chance to really explain ourselves. I'm no different to her. We both assumed stuff because we were both not very honest with how we truly feel. We were both selfish and unfair to ourselves.

Sara just looked at me and for the first time, she gave me a hug and said to my ears softly, "Everything is gonna be alright Khun, you just have to be strong so you will be able to live up with the choices that you make in life. If you truly love her then go for it, make it work. Don't let misery win you over. You have a good friend here who wil support you ok?" 

I just nodded in reply and gave her hands a tight squeeze. I'm really hoping that we can still make this work, despite everything that we have at hand. I need to get myself together before I see her on Saturday. I need to be the man that she wanted me to become.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you're up for this?" Anne asked very worried.

"Of course I am." I replied, trying to give her a bright smile though deep inside I'm in shambles.

"By the way, do you really think you have already gotten rid of Michael after what happened the other day?" Anne asked, since I didn't have the chance to tell her the whole story.

2 days ago....

Khun just left me at the sidewalk having no idea what he was talking about. "I got back with who?" I asked myself loudly. Then I heard his voice. The possible culprit. The guy branded by everyone as the cause of my miserable life, Michael.

"Hey are you alright? Did he hurt you?" Michael immediately took my hands examining my wrist if I got hurt from Khun's grip. I wriggled my hands off from his.

"You again? Why are you here? " I asked sternly "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't need you in my life anymore? Or you already forgot to understand English that you can't seem to comprehend what I'm saying." I continued on, not allowing Michael to speak up.

"C'mon, I know you don't mean that. We have been together for so long, we were so close to having our family, you can't just throw it all away because of some fling with a young guy who seem to be too immature to handle your relationship." Michael replied with conviction.

I came closer to him so he can see my face clearly. He will regret that he even tried talking to me at a time like this. I looked straight into his eyes and with a hateful tone I told him " I LOATHE YOU! I wish I never met you! Whenever I see your face I'm reminded that I lost my chance to live a happy life because I will forever blame myself for losing my child, and that I will forever regret falling in love with a worthless piece of like you." I screamed the last few words at his face.

He just stood there frozen, Unable to utter a single word. I turned to leave but before I left I told him, "If you want to make up for everything that you have done. Do me a favor and live a good life with Sandra. One ruined life is already enough. Please." 

Now....

"Honestly Anne, I'm not quite sure. But I am hoping he gives everything a thought. I really have to go now." I took my purse and gave my friend a quick peck on the cheek.

"You look beautiful my dear. Whatever happens tonight, I am so proud of you and I hope this time you will just follow your heart. This might be your last chance to see Khun, at least make the right decisions this time. No more mistakes ok?" Anne said making sure that I bear her words in mind.

"I sure will my fairy godmother. And this time I won't break my promise." giving her a reassuring smile as I left.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Can you at least fake a smile when greeting our guests?" Sofia whispered nudging Khun's side. He immediately flashes a smile, beautiful yet fake. Sofia heaves a sigh then continued greeting the guests that were arriving non-stop.

Khun continued to look uninterested but the moment he saw the next guest approaching them his face suddenly brightened.

"I am so happy that you are here." Sofia greeted giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. She then offered her hand to Khun for a handshake. He took her hand and literally pulled her close to him giving her a tight hug.

"I am so glad that you came" Khun whispered softly. Tension filled the air as Sofia stared at them with face bright red. She just bowed and immediately went into the hall.

"Don't you ever pull another stunt like that later Khun, I'm warning you." Sofia muttered in a threatening tone. Khun just smirked and walked away from her.

Khun's POV

Where is she? I kept searching for her all over the hall but I can't seem to find her. I can't forget how beautiful she was when she arrived. At that moment it was sealed, I only have my eyes for her. 

"My so-called fiancee can't seem to stay at my side." Sara teased as she found me standing by the bar. "And It's a miracle seeing you settle for an orange juice." she pointed at my drink.

I laughed and placed my arm around her shoulders. "Thanks Sara. Thank you for bearing with me these past few days. Taec is really lucky to have you." I smiled at her brightly. 

"I know right?! I want you to regret not marrying me." she laughed out loud as we continued chatting and joking around.

"Yeah you are a very good catch, so beware coz I still can change my mind." I replied wriggling my eyebrows. I was just lost in my conversation with Sara that I didn't realize the pair of eyes that has been watching us from afar. As soon as I saw her, I gave her a warm smile and a wave. Next thing I knew she was approaching us which I didn't quite expect.

"Hi Khun!" she greeted sweetly "This must be Sara, it's so nice to meet you." she offered a handshake which Sara gladly took while looking curiously at both of us. I gave her a nod and Sara seem to understand what I was trying to say.

"Hi! I'm glad to meet you. The woman who helped Khun be the person that he is right now. It's such a pleasure." Sara replied warmly "I think I should leave you guys..." Sara's words were interrupted by Sofia's voice.

"Great! You already met the couple!" Sofia exclaimed graciously "Don't they look awesome?" she asked her straight to the point. I can see how awkward Sara felt that she can't seem to meet anyone's eye.

"Yes they make a beautiful couple. And I wish you both all the best." she then again flashed a warm smile to us.

"If you may excuse us, I need to talk to my friend in private, I will also introduce her to the elders," Sofia then took her by the arm and led her to one of our private rooms where the elders in our family are endlessly talking about business even if this was supposed to be a party.

"Sofia is just highly insensitive. I'm sorry Khun, I know you love her but, how can you just let her manipulate your life just like that." Sara stated obviously irritated with what Sofia just did. We were suddenly approached by a couple who were old friends of Sara in Korea. I can't seem to focus in our small chat with them and felt like I needed to find her again.

"Will it be ok with you if I follow them. For some reason I'm just worried about her." I asked Sara thoughtfully.

"Of course you may. Do save her from being interrogated by the Vultures." she patted my shoulder and gave a small laugh as I made my way up the staircase. My heart was beating so fast as if something bad was bound to happen. Praying I get to her in time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you are the person in charge of Nichkhun." Khun's grandfather exclaimed shaking my hand. As I also bowed towards the others, his uncles and aunts who seem to make up part of the board of their company.

"Thank you for helping my grandson, I'm forever greatful." the elder continued with a smile.

"It's my pleasure to help him and as well as your family. I'm privileged to have met you all." I replied shyly They asked me to join them for coffee as everyone started their own onversation about business and other stuff that I am obviously not interested in. So this is how rich families are, in Korea, I told myself. Suddenly one of his uncles stated.

"It's really a great thing that Khun is marrying Sara, he's practically worthless in any of our companies." I was shocked hearing that remark which made my blood pressure shoot up. I started to stand up and was about to excuse myself when Sofia suddenly handed me an envelope.

"Thank you for all your help. Father added a small gift for you because he feels really happy with what you did with Khun." she placed the envelope on my hand. I looked at it as if it's something that I don't even wanna touch so Sofia took my other hand to enclose it.

"You should have paid her more, for her to be able to survive Khun's personality these past 3 months, that must be trivial for her." I can't believe I'm hearing this from his family member, and can even see his cousins and others in the room stiffle a laugh.

Trying my best to control my emotions. I excused myself "Thank you Sofia, Thank you everyone I think I must go now. It was nice meeting you all." I stood up from the table when his uncle called my attention.

"Why are you leaving so soon? Aren't you gonna share with us your secret? How'd you make him into a man from being a complete Loser? he laughed boisterously.

"Stop that." his grandfather commanded, who obviously has a soft-spot for Khun.

"Oh C'mon father, don't start taking sides now. We all know how incompetent Khun is that's why you're forcing him to marry Sara. Without Sara's family he's practically useless." Khun's uncle continued and I can see anger flashing accross the old man's face. But before he can say anything I literally exploded.

"With all due respect sir. How long have you known your nephew for you to call him incompetent?" he was taken aback by my question but managed a reply.

"I have known him all his life for me to know that he is nothing but a wall-flower in this family." he snapped at me.

"Well I beg to disagree, because the wall flower that you are talking about is so beautiful that he actually managed to bring happiness in your family by just being who and how he is." I replied trying to grip at my tone.

"What are you talking about? You just met him." he laughed at me making me sound ridiculous.

"He followed everything that you all wanted regardless if it's against his will. He built his world around all of you not allowing himself to explore happiness that the outside world can give him. He is not worthless, because without him none of your businesses with Sara's family would have been sustained throughout these years. He is sacrificing himself for all of you just so you can continue living this luxurious life that you all are enjoying and yet you treat him like an outcast." Sofia was already tugging my arm to stop and can see tears slowly building in her eyes.

"Please stop." she pleaded me.

"How dare you speak to us like this?!" his uncle answered back "You are a nobody, we just paid you to do your job. Weren't you paid enough to show us disrespect" he continued raising his voice at me.

"ENOUGH!" Khun's grandfather pounded his fist on the table.

I shrugged Sofia's hand off my arm and tore the envelope in my hands into pieces. I can't hold off the tears that has started rolling down my cheeks. 

"No amount of money will be enough to pay me. Just having Khun in my life these past few months is priceless and for that I am forever thankful. As I see it, it's not him who doesn't deserve your love. All of you doesn't deserve his love for putting him through all this misery. I just hope that you find in your heart to treat him as your family. I apologize for my misbehavior." I bowed and turned to leave just to be faced by Khun who obviously heared and saw everything that has transpired. 

"Stop right there Miss, I am still not done with you!" Khun's uncle hissed running after me holding onto my arms tightly. It was painful that I yelped in pain. Khun ran towards us and pushed his uncle away from me, which made the elder land flat onto the floor. His uncle immediately stood up furious throwing a punch on Khun which he was able to avoid.

"WILL BOTH OF YOU Stop this!" Khun's grandfather stood up trembling, he suddenly grabbed hold of his chest and after a few seconds he passed out. I was in shock seeing everything that had happened, I immediately took my phone to call an ambulance as everyone else rushed towards the elder doing first aid, including Khun who loves his grandfather dearly, he was in tears seeing him in this condition.

As soon as the ambulance arrived I also decided to take my leave, I just wanted to make sure that the elder is in good hands. I was about to go out the front door when a hand landed on my shoulder stopping me from walking further. 

"Are you alright?" Khun asked softly his eyes still red from crying. 

"I am ok Khun, don't worry about me. Please go to your grandfather, he needs you." I replied giving him a quick hug he took his leave after telling me that he will give me a call later on.

I was about to get into my car when I heard my name being called. It was Sofia.

"I dunno how to talk to you after all that has happened tonight. You saw how our family is. I know that you care so much for Khun, but after everything that has happened, It's pretty much clear that there can never be a happy ending for both of you. If you do love my nephew and as your friend, I beg you, for the benefit of everyone. May this be the last day that you both see each other. They can make both your lives even more miserable than it already is. And I believe that you agree with me that Khun has already suffered enough from this family." With that she left me as I sat inside my car drowning myself in tears.

 

------------------------------------------------

Last 2 or 3 Chapters coming....I hope it's not becoming too heavy =]