What Matters...

Unexpected

I never thought that this day would actually come. The day that I am unable to stand up for myself. I thought I'm already fine. That I've already moved on but everything crumbled down with just one encounter with Michael and Sandra and I just don't  know why. Is it because he is the man that I imagined to spend the rest of my life with or is it because I was betrayed by the person that I considered as my sister. Or maybe both.

I can't believe that I'm actually in the arms of a man that I was supposed to  help in preparing himself to be strong enough to face any challenges for his engagement whereas I can't even help myself with my own personal problems.

"Thanks Khun, I really appreciate what you did." I told him while I wipe my tears as I removed myself from his hug. "I guess I was really not prepared for that situation yet, but it was quite a bad idea to pretend to be my boyfriend." I told him sadly, knowing that a lot of people who knows me and as well as Michael will be present in this event, including international fashion media. Rumors about us might spread like wildfire.

"If you're worried about my engagement that is still weeks away from now. What is important is for us to face the situation at present." He replied, now placing an arm around my shoulder for comfort. "I may not know everything, but I can see and feel that you're hurting. And as your new friend I guess its part of my responsibility to care for you or am I being too assumptive." he smiled, now giving me a tissue to wipe my tears.

"I didn't know that it still hurts this much after 2 years of not seeing them. Since you already involved yourself into this, you need to know what you got yourself into." I paused and took a deep breath before continuing on. " Michael and I were already enaged to be married, we have been together for 5 years and I would like to believe that we had a good relationship not perfect but I believed that he was the only man that I would like to spend the rest of life with. Sandra was my best friend, more of a sister to me. She also became a model because I asked her to work with some of my projects, your cousin Sofia knows her, she actually doesn't like Sandra but she has been my best friend since 3rd grade. She knew how much I loved Michael, she knows almost everything about us. Unfortunately, I learned that in the 5 years that I have been with Michael, 2 years of that he spent the rest of his supposed to be "alone time" being unfaithful...with Sandra." painful  memories of the day that I found out replayed in my mind as if it only happened yesterday.

2 years ago....

I came back from Germany for a week-long event. I didn't tell Michael because I wanted to surprise him that I am finally ending my contract and will be able to focus on being his wife and mother of our soon-to-be child. I was very excited to discuss the details of our wedding eversince he proposed to me before I went for my trip. Arriving at our apartment, It was odd not see him there at this time of the evening, but I remembered that he would always work out at the gym for 2 hours before going home but its already 11pm. Calling him would spoil the surprise, so I called Sandra instead maybe she has an idea as to where he is. She answered the call...

"Hello, Sandra?" I asked and kept on repeating because there was no answer only heavy breathing and smooching sound. Until it dawned to me that maybe she accidentally answered the phone while in the middle of having . I giggled inaudibly and was about to hang-up when I heard a familiar voice saying her name while . My whole body froze, , my palms were sweating and growing weak as the sound of his voice became louder.

"That was awesome, I cannot imagine a day without making love with you." Michael told Sandra still trying to catch his breath. I hung up, went out and hailed a taxi cab. Yes I wanted to see it with my own very eyes, no matter how hurtful this will be so I went to Sandra's place. I composed myself before knocking at the door, though my whole body is trembling. Sandra opened the door with her robe on.

"You're back.!" Sandra said in a surprised tone and even had the guts to hug me.

"Spare me the drama Sandra." I spatted at her coldly, as I went past her entering the house. "MIchael you can come out now! There's no reason for you to hide! Get Your ing out of here NOW!" I shouted out.

"What the hell are you talking about, Michael is not here." Sandra replied innocently, which made me angrier, so I slapped her face.

"You!!! Are you even human!! You are my bestfriend! My sister! How can you do this to me!" I am already crying profusely. My whole body is shaking out of anger and I was already hyper-ventilating. My sobs were already loud and uncontrollable which made Michael come out from the room.

"Honey please, stop crying..."  He said trying to support me, but with all my strength my palm landed heavily on Michael's face.

"Don't touch me! I loved you, I gave my everything to you! So I wasn't enough that you needed another woman and it had to be my bestfriend." I was already freaking out. My whole being filled with hatred for both of them.

"But I am marrying you, you have to listen to me first.." he said grabbing both of my shoulders to make me listen to him.

"So am I supposed to be thankful that I'm the one you chose to marry not her! Take your filthy hands off me!" as I removed his hands I suddenly  felt  intense pain around my abdominal area. I placed my hand against the wall for support, as I saw blood trickling down my leg. Michael was shocked, he took me in his arms, and carried me to his car as we went to the hospital.

Present time....

"That was the day, I lost a sister, the man that I love and my child." tears were now  rolling down my cheeks non-stop. Khun couldn't contain his extreme sympathy on me that he also teared-up and hugged me tightly.

"I don't know how you survived everything that happened but I'm glad you did because if not, I wouldn't have this chance to meet an amazing woman like you.you don't deserve to be in pain, You deserve to be loved. " Khun whispered these words into my ears which made me feel better. I need to stop all this non-sense and get back on track. I pulled away and kissed him softly on his cheek.

"Thank you Khun." I smiled at him, he turned bright red but I chose to ignore his stunned reaction. "Well, since I'm still disoriented, I think we have no choice but to live through the weekend as lovers. And you're right let's just think about the other problems if it does arise." I told him, I don't know if this is a good decision, but right now I really feel lost.

-------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

I didn't know what got into me, for me to do all of these. I never did this even for myself but I don't feel any regrets. Hearing what she went through with Michael and Sandra really broke my heart. For some reason, I felt glad that she she gave in for us to be a couple over the weekend.

"Let's just put it this way, you wanted me to practice right? So we're both gonna get something out of this set-up. But to be honest I'm really not good at this." I told her extrememly embarassed since this was my bright idea.

"Well I guess that's the reason why your cousin hired me.To be honest its really not my job to be handling personality development, let's say I'm giving it for free." she laughed

"If that's the case, then I'm also doing this as an additional reward for all your help. we are still gonna go for a swim later right?"  I asked her, trying to hide my excitement.

"Of course, let's meet up at around 4pm would that be fine? Or if I really fell deep into sleep would you mind waking me up?" she gave a small laugh of embarassment while handing me her spare keycard. My heart skipped a beat thinking that she trusts me this much.

"Sure" Then taking the key and we went back to the hotel. On the way in, I saw the couple again so I immediately took her hand, trying to act as casual as I could be. She eyed on my hand with her eyes asking why am I holding her hand again. "They are just a few meters away from us, I guess, let's just act as a normal couple, since we never know when they will show up, is that fine with you?"

"What kind of mess did I get myself into?" she face-palmed as soon as we got into the elevator. 

She went to her room to take a nap, while I decided to go to the gym and exercise. I admit I felt intimidated by Michael. The guy really looks good and I think if a lot of their friends are gonna come to this event it would be nice if her new boyfriend looks better than the Ex. It was already 2pm, so I went on quick work-out and then went back to prepare, was going through my stuff and I was thinking whether to use a tank top while swimming or what. 

"Whatever Khun, at least your not as thin as before," told myself while standing in front of the mirror, and pleased to see how I looked more buff these days, thanks to my awesome trainer and amazing appetite.

Took a shower and prepared for my afternoon date, it was already 4pm but no sign of her, so I decided to check if she's already awake. Knocked at the door twice and there was no answer, so I entered the room using her spare key and there she was still sleeping soundly.  This was the first time I got a good look on her face. She was really cute with her chubby cheeks, she's really pretty even without make-up. I have to admit that I am used to ladies trying to look beautiful through cosmetics and surgery, and I just find it amazing to see woman like her who has natural beauty considering that she is from the fashion industry. I touched her cheeks gently..."Hey wake-up sleepy head." she turned and I could see drool on her cheek which was so cute. I took a tisseue to wipe it and then tried my best to stifle my laughter. She might have heard me.

"Oh My God, did you just wipe my drool?" she asked and immediately shot-up from the bed. I was probably focusing much on her face that it was then I realized that she was just wearing an over-sized shirt and nothing more. I turned around, hoping I didn't make her feel awkward." I'm sorry I just followed what you asked me to do." I mumbled and  this time it was her turn to laugh.

"Oh c'mon Khun, its fine, I know you're harmless, sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable with what I'm wearing, so does that mean I shouldn't be wearing a bikini later?" she asked coyly.

"Whichever makes you comfortable is fine. Don't worry I just didn't want you to think that., I'm taking advantage of the situation and..."I was about to say more, when she covered my mouth.

"I can say you're really more comfortable now, since you talk too much. Keep it up!" she said as she got up from the bed and prepared her stuff for our trip to the beach. We were on our way out when a girl came out from the room across hers and her eyes grew wide seeing us.

"Oh My God! You really are here!" The beautiful lady then hugged her tightly.

"I missed you Shin." She replied in a very happy tone. As they let go of each other but continued to hold each others hands

" When I heard that Michael and Sandra are coming, I really thought you will skip this event though I know how important this is for you. I'm glad you came, and...." Shin then looked at me curiously then back to her with a questioning look.

"Shin, this is Khun." she then cleared before continuing. "My boyfriend." she smiled as I offered a handshake.

"Amazing, how do you do it? How do you make gorgeous men fall for you sis?" Shin said with an astonished tone.

"She doesn't have have to do anything, just being herself made me fall in love with her." I replied as I locked my eyes with hers. Her eyes were both shocked and happy after hearing what I said.

"Oh C'mon guys, don't this in front of me please." Shin pouted covering her eyes. We all laughed and continued to walk together. "So you are going for a late afternoon swim? Everyone is at the beach too because the organizer came with a barbecue party, I'll see you both there." Shin gave her a quick peck on t he cheek and waved goodbye at me.

"Your romantic side is not so bad. You should show it more often."  she smiled as we sat near the seashore to enjoy the beautiful scenery. More and more people that she knows arre eyeing on us which made me realize that she was really well-respected in this industry as we were greeted by people who passed us by.

"I'm sorry Khun, told you that there will be lots' of unecessary socializing in this event. I hope you're ok." she then stood up and removed her oversized shirt revealing her curvaceous body complimented by her aquamarine two-piece bikini. I had to stop myself from staring. She was just too damn hot. "Let's go?!" she reached out for my hand which I gladly accepted and we came towards the water, she stopped short and stared at me.

"What? Is there something wrong?" I asked her quizically.

"You don't intend to swim with your tank top on right?" she replied, raising her left eyebrow. Someone called out for her so she turned while I remove my tank top and when she looked at back at me. "WHoooooaaahhh!!" her eyes widened after seeing me half-. I didn't know whether to feel embarassed or what so I started scartching my head.

"What again!? You're so hard to please." I told her in a frustrated tone.

"How can this be not pleasing to my eyes?" She said as she slowly came near me touching my shoulders as she gently brushed her hands from my chest down to my abs which made my heart flutter, then she whispered. "They are watching us."

I knew what she was talking about, so I then placed my hand on her waist while the other one held her face. "We should do this in one take." I told her softly, as I fixed my gaze at her beautiful face which now had a confused look.

"What are you talking about?" She whispered, and without a word I moved her face closer to mine as I gently kissed her soft lips. At first I thought she would resist, though I know that I took her by surprise, I was delighted to see how she acknowledged my kiss as she enaged with it passionately not minding that we were in a public place. It was short but sweet. The moment we opened our eyes and ended the kiss, we were both blushing.

"Haven't done that for a long while." she said shyly. I made her head rest on my shoulder as I continued to hug her tightly while the waves continued to crash towards our bodies..

"Same here.." I replied gently her hair and from afar, I could see Michael, his face had jealousy written all over it while Sandra just looked at him with pain in her eyes.