Reality

Unexpected

Lesson learned: Never involve Love with Work. I have been miserable for almost 3 weeks now. Friends gave up already in talking sense out of me. Designs and arrangements for our upcoming events are already being finalized and I know that I had to snap out from whatever I am going through right now. I was still lost in my thoughts when I heard my phone ringing.

"Hello" I answered weakly.

"Hi my dear, this is Sofia. How are you?" Sofia answered in an exaggerated cheerful tone.

"I'm good, just really busy these days. How about you?" I asked trying to sound as normal as I could be.

"We just got back from London, I din't realize that we will be staying for more than a week. Khun enjoyed the trip so much that we had to stay." she chirpped

"Really? That's great! I'm glad that he had fun and that he finally met his fiancee." I replied in a happy tone despite the fact that I'm feeling daggers piercing through me.

"That is so true. They get along well, it's really a match made in heaven. Thank you for all the help. And because of that, you are invited as our special guest in my upcoming birthday party this coming Saturday." she told me as though I won the lottery.

"I appreciate the invitation, but I don't think I can come Sofia. We will have ingress for our event on Sunday and I have lots to attend to on Saturday to make sure everything is complete. I'll send over my birthday gift. Advanced Happy Birthday!" I answered sweetly.

"I won't take no for an answer. Please come. I really want you to witness Khun's proposal, you are a big part of all this, so please." She pleaded, while the word proposal crushed me into pieces. But what better way to move on with this heartache than to face it, face the reality.

After much hesitation, "Alright Sofia, I'll come, just send me the details. But I really can't stay long because of work, please understand." telling her in advance would at least give me a good excuse just in case I won't be able to hold off my emotions.

"Of course I understand. I'll send you all the details as soon as we end this call. Last pay check will be given on Saturday too. So you really need to come." she replied.

"You really don't have to give it in person though. But anyway, thanks. I'll see you then. Sorry but I really need to get back to work now." after saying our goodbyes, I slumped down on my leather sofa. I wanted to cry but I can't. I shouldn't be feeling this way at all. Why did I ever let this happen to me, why did I let Khun capture my heart. I slapped my forehead as if to wake me up from this deep slumber that I might be in. My phone beeped as a message came. It's from Khun.

"Hi! I hope you're well. Can we meet?" the message read. Part of me wanted to call him and tell him that yes, I am dying to see you, but I know it'll be useless. After a few minutes of thinking, I decided to delete the message. I won't complicate things anymore. Now that Khun is set to marry his fiancee, I am no position to ruin everything for him. Especially his future, that's how much he means to me, that's how much I love him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

 God knows how excited I am to come back to Korea. The past 2 weeks was such a drag. I am not anti-social but I am also not an outgoing person. If there is one thing I like about this trip is the part where I met Taec.

3 days ago

 "I need your help Khun, my Dad is being such a pain. I'd rather be with you than go out with a bodyguard. I badly need to meet Taec today, will you help me?" Sara asked with pleading eyes.

"Sure, I'd be glad to help, but is it Ok with him for me to come with you?" I asked.

"Does he have any choice?" she giggled as she went running to her dad's home office. After a few minutes she came out with a Cheshire's grin and 2 thumbs up as she ushered me towards the door to the parking lot.

It was a 15 minute drive going to the park where she is set to meet Taec. 

"Are you sure that your dad won't have someone tailing us?" I asked concerned

"I am 100% sure, the thought of you being with me is like goldmine for him." she laughed as we continued walking along a path that has benches under the trees. We continued our small talk when a kid approached Sara giving her a white rose. 

"Thank you so much. Is this really for me?" she asked, the kid just smiled and ran. Then several kids came one after another giving her white roses. Sara's face was filled with joy as she smelled the flowers and carefully carressed the petals, then a tall and handsome guy suddenly appeared with a bouquet, walking slowly towards us as he removed his sun glasses.

"These are also for you" he said in a deep voice handing the bouquet to Sara. 

"Thank you so much!" she exclaimed  she placed the flowers on the bench, throwing her arms around the guy's neck and whispered "I missed you so much"

"I almost died of heartache for not seeing you this long." he replied hugging Sara tightly.

The scene was like from a movie touching yet cheesy so I cleared my throat making them remember that they have an audience.

"Oh Khun I'm sorry, by the way this is Taec." Sara introduced us as I offered a handshake.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you." I greeted and smiled.

"I actually dunno how to feel at this moment knowing that you're the guy who's about to take away the love of my life." Taec said with a chuckle, trying to sound funny as he took my hand.

"You know that this wasn't my intention and would never be, if only our family would allow us to decide on our own." I replied truthfully while we slowly walked over the nearest bench and sat together.

"I heard from Sara that you also have someone special. I bet she's also hurting as bad as I am right now." Taec said in a sad tone.

Present.....

Those words from Taec, is something that never left my thoughts since that day. How is she? Is she also hurting? Did she even realize how we truly feel for each other?

I need answers. I need to see her. I believe that we can get through this, only if we have each other. If only she would allow me to protect her, to take care of her and make her happy. If only she would give another chance on love, through being with me....

It's been 30 minutes and I still haven't got a reply from her. I called her office only to be told that she is out for the day. I was about to leave to go to her place when Sofia came into my room.

"Where are you going?" she asked raising her left eyebrow.

"I'll take a walk, I missed Korea." I replied walking past her.

"She's coming to the party this Saturday, I hope seeing her can wait till this weekend." Sofia said sarcastically

I turned to face her "Can you do me a favor, please leave her alone. I already did what you wanted me to do. And she is already done with her job. So please Sofia, just leave her out of this while I'm still sane enough to stand by my responsibilities for this family, even if I feel like I was never part of it." I stated furiously, then took my leave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier in the office he was already there bugging me, and I can't believe that he followed me all the way to the site of our photoshoot.

"Michael, I don't know what you're up to and I don't even wanna know as well. You are disrupting the work that I am doing, please leave while I'm still asking you nicely." I snapped at him.

"You know that I don't give up that easily. Especially now that I learned that you and your boytoy is already over." He gave me an evil grin.

I felt my calmness escape my whole being as I took his arm dragging him away from the site. "I don't care what you found out. All I know is that I don't need you in my life not now, not ever so go away." I gritted my teeth while telling him off. I left him with that ugly smile on his face as if he found my anger very amusing.

The day went by so fast. Khun never stopped sending me a message the whole day which all ended up deleted. As time drags on, the heavier my heart gets. Being the real me, I am very good in facing anything that comes in my way. But why am I so afraid to face this one? Is it because I really don't want to, or is it because I am scared to face the reality that I am again about to get hurt because of love. I walked slowly towards my door and as I turned the knob a warm hand touched mine. A very familiar warmth that I have been wanting to feel for weeks now. I looked up to see it's owner and was met by his beautiful brown eyes.

We were locked in each others' gaze for a while when he slowly moved his face closer giving me a sweet and gentle kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes, thinking that this was all a dream that once I opened my eyes again, he'll be gone. But the moment he parted his lips with mine, he took me in his arms and hugged me tightly. Tears started to stream down my cheeks as I began to break down. My emotions running wild even without any words being said.

"I missed you so much. Why is it so hard to find you?" he whispered softly to my ears.

I slowly freed myself from his embrace to face him. He wiped my tears using his fingers, while I try to find the right words to say.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you. But I felt that it's the best thing for both of us." I started while tears continued to well from eyes. 

"But you have to listen to me first. You are the one that I love, I am already sure of that, and I will do everything just to get out of this mess with my family. I..." he was about to say more when I placed a finger on his lips to stop him.

"Khun please, I know this is hard for both of us, and I admit I do feel that you are special to me. But ...I dunno if this is already love, I don't even know anymore how Love really feels eversince what happened to me in the past, and I will be selfish to let you go through the burden of being with someone who isn't even sure with her feelings. I can't do that to you Khun, you're too precious to me. Just bear that in mind ok. That you have a very special place in my heart that only you can conquer. I want you to be strong and I want you to prove your family wrong. " Tears also started to to escape Khun's eyes.

"No, you don't understand. You have to give me a chance to prove myself to you, not to them. If my family does love me, if they deserve love from me, they wouldn't put me through all this misery. You are the only one that I have right now. The only one who genuinely cares for me even if it's just for the past few months. Everything felt so right that I can go on living this way for the rest of my life, just being with you." he blurted out desperately.

I placed a hand on his cheek, gently carressing it for comfort. I dunno what more to say, my heart is screaming that I do love this guy but I just can't say it out loud. I planted a quick kiss on his lips and said "Khun, be happy with Sara. I'm doing this because what we had is truly special and I would forever hold dear in my heart, but it was something that wasn't meant to happen. I'm sorry that we had to go this far, if only I ...." My voice trailed off. "Thank you Khun. Goodbye." I released his hand from mine and immediately ran towards the elevator. Still stunned by my sudden action, Khun tried to run after me but ended up short because when he arrived at the elevator I was already gone. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sofia entered the club trying to straighten up her dress that got ruffled because of her car ride. She was still busy examining herself as she strided towards the bar when she stopped dead on her tracks and immediately tried to hide herself behind the nearest wall. She took out her phone from her bag and again took another peek at the two people who were talking and drinking at the other side of the bar.

Sofia smiled at herself and said. "She's obivously drunk, what great timing this is." she glanced at the couple and took a few photos of them just as the girl collapsed into the man's arms making them look like their hugging passionately. She immediately sent the pictures to Khun with a tag. "Oh, I never knew that they got back together. I guess True Love never dies." she chuckled and muttered "Thank God for Michael." 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Khun was drinking non-stop, drowning himself with alcohol, hoping that getting drunk would make him numb. At this moment he felt like the world all turned against him. He felt abandoned. His phone buzzed and saw several pictures coming into his inbox. He tightened the grip on his phone while the pictures all came to view one by one. His face so red in anger as he threw his phone towards the wall shattering it into pieces. He was trembling in fury as he snarled "So this is why you won't give me a chance." he downed another glass of scotch. 

------------------------------------------------

To my Readers (including silent ones) I would appreciate your comments at this point...I really need sumfin to keep me going been really busy, tired and always sick...Thank you for staying with me =]