All in the Past

Unexpected

Khun's POV

Jeju Island has always been one of my favorite places. I love the sea, the place is very calming and it was a place that I've shared with someone very special. Bitter-sweet memories....

During my second year in the university....

"I Love you Soobin, Thank you for making me so happy. I am so blessed to have you as my girlfriend." I gently held her hand while we walked along the seashore in Jeju. She just smiled and continued to  enjoy the beautiful scenery. We have been together for a few months. It was love at first sight for me, I was a transfer student back during my first year, she was my only friend. People always made fun of me, especially girls who tried to be close to me because they knew I was rich and nice but they always end up making a fool out of me. She was the only one I trusted so I eventually dated her and asked her to be my girlfriend.

"Thank you  for bringing me here. Jeju is a beautiful place." She said happily. We both enjoyed the rest of day and ended with a dinner. We said our gooodnights in front of her room as I leaned forward and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. She then went into her room.

After a few minutes, I can't seem to sleep so I decided to walk and have some fresh air. I decided to pass by the restaurant to check out the food and there I saw Soobin, she was seated beside a guy by the bar. They were in a deep conversation and was smiling sweetly to each other while holding hands. Jealousy ate me up so I immediately came upto them.

"What is the meaning of this?!"  I shouted in a very angry tone.

"Khun, I thought..." I immediately interrupted her.

"You thought that I was sleeping so you decided to go down and flirt with another guy." I said angrily looking at the guy who now stood up to face me.

"Excuse me! I'm not just some random guy! I am her real boyfriend! So don't you dare be rude to my girl since she's just doing your famaily a favor!" The guy spatted on my face also fuming mad.

"Will you guys stop it, Please!" Soobin pleaded "Khun let's talk upstairs" she asked me.

"No! you explain it to me right here and right now!" I replied fixing my gaze at her waiting for her explanation. She immediately ran out of the restaurant, avoiding all the eyes that were looking at us, I ran after her, she was running so fast towards the beach until I finally caught her wrist.

"Khun I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done this to you but I just needed to." Soobin was saying the words in between sobs.

"But why did you have to pretend to love me, I just don't understand?" I asked her very frustrated while holding her wrist tightly.

"Keep your hands off her!" the guy yanked her away from me. "This ends here Soobin! We'll find other ways to pay your mom's hospital bill, you don't need to do this anymore." he continued as they began to walk away. She just kept silent and cried, but stopped short when I started talking.

"So its all about money. I don't even know how all of these came to be, but I really don't think I treated you that bad to deserve all these." I started tearing up. She tried to come near me but she was stopped.

"Khun that's why I am asking for your forgiveness because I know I have been selfish and that I've caused you so much pain that you don't deserve. I'm really sorry to have used you. I swear, I  declined your family's offer for so many times because they knew how much you love me and they just want you to be happy despite knowing that I am not in love with you, until my mom got diagnosed of cancer." Soobin looked at me apologetically.

"You could have just told me honestly. I loved you more than anything else in this world and you know that, How can you..." I can;t seem to finish what I wanted to say, the pain in my heart was just too unbearable.

"Look dude, being rich and handsome doesn't change the fact that you're a Loser. Grow up and be a man don't become a puppy that just follows around whatever your master asks you to do, maybe by then you'll find someone who will love you for real." he smirked at me while Soobin slapped his arm because of his rude remarks. She just mouthed the words "I'm Sorry"  as the guy dragged her away from me.

Present....

All the painful memories might have comeback in an instant but it was all in the past. I came to realize that he was right. I never did anything that I really wanted. I have always been the good son. I just lock up myself most of the time at home, learn everything about the business and just built my world around the family.

"Hey, are you alright?" She placed her hand on my shoulder while I was lost in my thoughts as I looked outside the hotel  that was facing the beach. "Sorry it took me so long, I had to arrange the rooms because they reserved ours in two different floors but I already managed to have it changed so mine is room 623 yours is 624." she continued to explain.

"That's cool, my room number is the same as my birthdate." I beamed as I immediately pushed my painful thoughts away.

"Awesome, what a coincidence!" she smiled. It felt good being with her on this trip. Considering that this is somehow business related still she maintained a very casual and comfortable atmosphere for both of us. Its like we're 2 good friends on a vacation. "Khun you don't have to worry, you can definitely enjoy Jeju especially during the time that I'm in the event. You can go wherever you want, I can have someone accompany you I don't wanna bore you with all these unecessary socializing not unless you really wanna come with me." she explained shyly.

"I will come with you, if it is alright  for me to be with you all the time, like a personal bodyguard." I laughed at myself.

"Ehhhh was that supposed to be funny?" She raised an eyebrow then gave a small laugh. We both laughed. I really enjoy her company, A LOT!

------------------------------------------------

We decided to rest for an hour before eating lunch, I was very much surprised at how Khun carries himself now. Even with the simplest clothes he looks really great and Hot. "What am I even thinking?" I thought to myself as I saw him approaching our table in his camouflage shirt and jeans.

"Hi! Sorry I was a bit late, I was looking for the shirt that I wanted to wear I must have left it."  He said in a sad tone as he sat beside me so we can both enjoy the view of the sea.

"It's alright, But you look really good in what you're wearing. You're being trained well at the gym, keep it up. Let me stop drooling over you first Ok?!" I said teasingly. It may seem that I am joking but I really think his chest and biceps are now in good form as it stood out from the semi-fitted shirt that he was wearing.

"Why do you always make fun of me?" Khun replied pouting, which is just too CUTE! that it makes me weak.

"Alright, Alright I'm sorry, let's just eat." I said laughing while patting his back as we started to enjoy the food that was served. It has been a long time since I enjoyed the company of someone from the opposite . For 2 years I avoided going out even with male friends. It came to a point that I don't think I can ever trust men anymore but I guess Khun came accross as a really good person that's why I feel very comfortable.

We decided to go for a swim in the afternoon so we need to prepare and take a short nap. We were on our way out of the restaurant when I .....

"Hey, I can't believe you are actually here! I'm happy to see you." Michael greeted me so casually as if nothing ever happened. I froze and cannot move an inch I stared at him for a few seconds then sighed heavily to compose myself. I gave him a fake smile.

"Hi Michael! Of course I'm here, This is one of the events that I always look forward to every year." I answered back trying my best to keep my cool.  Then suddenly she came into view.

"Oh, Hi! " that's all Sandra managed to say as she placed her arms around Michael's but can barely manage to have eye contact with me. Everything was so awkward, full of tension that it suffocates me. Part of me wanted to storm out of the place but I told myself why should I, I was not the one who did anything wrong. But I just don't understand how can these two people even have the guts to face me after what they did. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

There was too much tension in the air. She clenched both her fists upon seeing the couple that just came in. The lady obviously was a model, tall, slim and pretty. Her boyfriend is also handsome, they way he dresses up reminds me of Johan, elegant even in casual clothing.

"Hey, I can't believe you are actually here! I'm happy to see you." the man greeted. I can see a mixture of pain and anger in her eyes but she did her best to control herself.

"Hi Michael! Of course I'm here, This is one of the events that I always look forward to every year." she answered backing up a bit while the man continued to come forward but the lady hooked her arms around his while she said hi. I felt that her knees seem to grow weak so I immediately came to her aid by placing my arm around her shoulders. She then snapped out from her boiling emotions, and stared at me.

Michael looked at me from head to foot " And you are?" he asked, his voice filled with curiosity.

"HI I'm Khun, It's nice to meet you." I offered my hand for a handshake which he took and felt that extra tight squeeze that he did before he released my hand. I just gave him a smirk.

"Let's go Khun." she  told me as she started to walk away.

"Why are you leaving so soon, it would be nice if we try to do some catching up, with you and your...." Michael said mischievously, as the lady  looked at him in disbelief. I can feel that she is about to explode anytime so before she can say a word.

"Boyfriend" I finished his sentence for him. " I am her boyfriend." 'Wherever that came from.' I told myself as I immediately took her hand and held it tightly. First time I saw her not able to react or utter a word, and for some reason I felt the need of standing up for her. "As much as we would like to stay we have a beautiful day to enjoy together, maybe next time." I told him confidently.With all smiles, I led her out of the restaurant not letting go of her hand that was cold and shaking. When we were already out of sight that's when she brokedown. 

My mental picture of her being strong, feisty and jolly were shattered by a single encounter with those people, though I dunno what's happening, all I know is she's in pain and she needs someone to lean on, hoping that I am good enough to be that someone.

 

** Would appreciiate comments =]**