Mixed Emotions

Unexpected

2 weeks almost passed. We had our usual routine of going to the gym, Other than that we did not see each other much, more of talking over the phone or sending messages. I enrolled him in a modeling workshop which was something that he wasn't ecstatic about, because he really is very shy. It was also one of the reasons why as much as possible I only spent a little time with him coz I want him to be more independent.

"Hi Khun! what time does your class end?" I asked him over the phone.

"In an hour." Khun answered, he wasn't so cheerful.

"Are you having a bad day?" sounding worried.

"No, I'm fine." he replied. He seem different today but asking him over the phone won't do any help so I decided to just save all my question for later.

"I'll pick you up in an hour then." I answered back in an excited tone.

Khun murmured something inaudible. "Sorry, I didn't quite catch that?" I asked

"I said I'll see you then. Take Care!." He replied and ended the call.   He's really being weird today, I only didn't see him for 2 days and now he's like this. I felt kinda worried that something might have happened at the workshop, I'll just go there early.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

I barely saw her this past week. Even if we were together at the gym she hardly talks to me, she's extremely busy, phone calls, she was always in front of her tablet or laptop. I dunno how she can cope with so much work when she actually told me that she wanted to relax a bit. I even feel that I just added up on her longlist of burden. She enrolled me in a modelling workshop which I really don't like. I am not confident to be in front of the camera plus the fact that I will be talking to so many people,

Days dragged on, I just did my best in class, following what they would ask from me. The instructor would always praise me stating that I'm effortless in everything that I do in front of the camera and that the camera loves me so much. I was also doing refresher classes for Korean language. Though I tried studying here before during my early years in the university I still ended moving back to the States because of family problems so it seem like I'm starting my life here back to scratch. All these efforts just for an arranged marriage, will my life continue to be as pathetic as it already is.

Thursday, when I received a phone call.

"Hi Khun! what time does your class end?" her voice sounded so happy.

"In an hour." I answered bluntly.

"Are you having a bad day?" she asked sounding worried..

"No, I'm fine." I replied, I dunno for some reason I feel disappointed towards her despite the fact that she didn't do anything wrong.

"I'll pick you up in an hour then." she said in an exccited tone, obviously ignoring the way I am replying to her which annoyed me more.

"Finally" I said under my breath

"Sorry, I didn't quite catch that?" she asked

"I said I'll see you then. Take Care!." I replied immediately and ended the call. 

Now I am really acting strangely, one minute I'm unhappy, now I can't contain my excitement. So obviously I am looking forward to seeing her. I need to show her that I improved a lot . Maybe she would spend more time with me if she knows that I'm working hard. That's supposed to be her job right to make sure that I am improving.

Sighing heavily. "Why am I even being like this?" I asked myself while shaking my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went straight to the instructor's office upon arriving the modelling school. Glad that my good friend Johan was there. He was a well-known ramp model back in the 90's . He got very ill a few years ago, after surviving cancer he decided to stay in Asia and has put-up  his own school in some Asian countries including Korea. 

"Hi Johan!" I rushed towards him giving him a tight hug. "I missed you so much. Sorry if it took me a while to visit." I explained.

"Why am I not surprised. But seriously I need to talk to you about your client.." he ushered me to sit and his expression turned from happy to serious.

"Oh My, what happened while I was gone? Did he not cooperate? I'm terribly sorry if..." Johan interrupted before I can say anything further.

"What are you talking about? I was gonna ask why you never told me that you know someone like him? He's a gold mine!" Johan said in a very proud tone. And then showed me pictures of Khun from the pictorials that they did these past few days. My mouth was wide-open seeing how good-looking he was in the pictures. And realized that I didn't notice that he has really improved so much within the last 2 weeks.

"Wow! I've missed a lot. I showed you before how he looked like when we first met right?" I asked Johan but still very astonished by what I'm seeing.

"Yes, and Kudos to you! you really are the best! Imagine in 2 weeks this is what you have achieved. Maybe you can ask him to consider doing a few commercials, or maybe to work for you in your upcoming events." Johan was trying his best to convince me.

"I'll try to ask Khun if he's interested. Though I really doubt that he would, since he will be handling family matters in a few months. But thank you so much for taking care of him while I'm away." I then gave Johan another bear hug to show how thankful I am.

"It was my pleasure, he still has a few classes left with us so no need to thank me that much yet." he laughed.

"Where is he by the way?" I asked curious as to what Khun is doing at the moment.

"They are doing another pictorial, with female partners something y." He gave me a smirk.

"Oh Really, I would love to see this!" I replied raising my right eye brow in curiosity as he led me to the photoshoot. Khun was wearing ripped jeans and his black Polo was ed upto his lower chest area, revealing his well-sculpted upper body which was the result of his hard work in the gym. He was being asked to hold the female model on the waist and then look at her lips as if he was gonna kiss her. With heavy make-up he looked so different,but I can see how nervous he was. It felt like he will not pull-off what the photographer wanted him to do because he looked so awkward.

After 3 takes, for me that was too much, I have always been a perfectionist so I felt the need of  helping him out. "Hi there Paul! Sorry to interrupt you, if I can just have a word with Khun?" the photographer Paul nodded and then I immediately approached him.

"What's going on? It's not like this is the first time you ever tried to kiss a girl right?" I whispered but in an annoyed tone.

"Look, I guess its normal to feel awkward since I really don't know her and then they ask us to be this physically close." He whispered back but he was also gritting his teeth not so happy with what's being asked from him . 

"It's this simple OK!" I told him giving emphasis on the last word. I placed his hand on my waist and then placed his face as close as possible to mine. "Now look at me and just think that you want to kiss me, make sure you focus on my lips ok!" I instructed him and so he did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun's POV

The moment she placed my hands on her waist and said...."Now look at me and just think that you want to kiss me, make sure you focus on my lips ok!" It was like I'm gonna go crazy. Her face was so near that I can hardly move, but the moment she looked into my eyes, that served as the cue, slowly I began to inch forward, from her eyes I shifted my gaze to her lips until it was only a few inches away from mine. I can feel the warmth of her breath which made my heart beat rapidly. She didn't budge, but I know that she suddenly held her breath it was almost there....

"NICE!! That's it!!" the photographer exclaimed as we both snapped out from what seem like a beautiful dream. She looked away and went back to spot where she was standing earlier. I could see her face has turned bright red, from anger, embarrassment I dunno. So just to get it done and over with, I just followed what she told me earlier but Thanks to her help I was able to picture that she was the one in front of me while I'm doing it so finally we had a good take.

I looked her way and she just gave me  faint smile and a thumbs up then immediately looked away. While fixing my stuff I could see how happy she is talking to our instructor Johan, they looked very close and he would always hold her hand comfortably. How can she be this close to every man that she knows. I just sighed and approached them.

"Khun you did so well. Please consider doing real projects, you definitely have a lot of potential in you. I'll see youin our next session." Johan smiled and shook my  hand. "I'll see you soon, please take care." He then gave her a tight hug and a light kiss on the cheek which made me roll my eyes for some reason. I kept my silence while we walk towards the car.

"Hey. you did a great job out there, I am so proud of you!." she said patting my shoulder.

"Yeah, thanks!." I simply replied without looking at her. As soon as we were in the car, we just sat still for a few minutes and..

"What?..." we both said in unison

"Sorry you go ahead." I told her.

"No, you go ahead. I mean I really just don't understand what's going on so you might as well explain and I'll listen." she said sounding defeated.

"Don't mind me much, there are times that I am like this, really moody and I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing so yeah, I'm sorry if I worried you." I told her feeling sad that she got totally affected with my actions.

She then placed a hand over mine and said. "If you want, I can always lend an ear. If you need someone to talk to I'm just here. I'm sorry if I've been busy but I'll try my best to be there for you as much as I could within the next couple of weeks, since its actually my job to do so and at the same time I really want for you to be preprared for you engagement. I want you to be the perfect husband material and I know you will be." she said squeezing my hand tightly.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad with what she said. I can feel her sincerity that she's doing this not only because its her job but because she is willing to help me whole-heartedly. I would love to be the perfect husband, but not to someone that I don't know and worst not to someone that I don't even Love....

------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to Jeju Island this weekend for a big event, would you like to tag along?" I asked him, feeling that even if I do have a busy schedule I need to make up for the lost time. And this would be a great time for him to socialize.

"Really you're asking me to come!" his face brightened like a kid given a one year supply of chocolates.

"Yes! Promise you'll be a good boy ok?!" I asked teasingly.

"Definitely! Pinky Promise!" Khun replied with a cute smile offering his pinky finger.

"Are you sure your 26 years old." giving-in to the pinky promise. We were still laughing when my phone rang. I was listening attentively on what the person on the other line was saying.

My facial expression darkened "You gotta be kidding me, how can you not tell me that he is part of this project and of top of that Uggghhh!!!!" I screamed helplessly. "Oh well I don't have any choice right? Anyway I'll just see you tomorrow." I hung-up, and took a deep breath trying to calm myself down.

"What's wrong?" Khun asked very much concerned.

"I think we're gonna have a very interesting weekend." I said ...thoughts of seeing my good-for-nothing ex and his new girlfriend was racing through my mind. "It seem that I'm gonna be seeing the person that I hate the most. Isn't that Awesome!" I continued in a sarcastic tone.

Khun looked at me thoughtfully and said "Don't worry, you have me, I will not let him hurt you, I mean..." he was suddenly at lost for words, but I know exactly what he meant. I then again squeezed his hand tightly and gave him a weak smile.

"Thanks Khun, and I look forward to spending this weekend with you. Let's have fun while learning." I told him trying to sound positive but still unsure on what the weekend holds for us. Just hoping for the best.....