Right Decision

Unexpected

Khun looked back when everything was just fun. At first he was so skeptic, will he pull through? Will he be able to live up to everyones expectations. Realizations dawned to him. All they really wanted was to use him for their own benefit. To strengthen the family's influence, gain more money and power and so much more that he never really wanted to have.

"I'll be a hypocrite if I say that I do not want to be rich or at least be well off because I would like my own family to live a good life. But not to this extent." Khun stated with a neutral tone in front of his family and lawyers.

"Khun please, you are still not in a good condition right now. You have to think things through we can all wait..." Sofia replied softly placing a firm hand on Khun's shoulder which he gently removed.

"Just send me whatever documents that needs to be signed." He then stood up and bowed to everyone leaving the room still filled with silence after he gave his family his decision about their business and future plans.

His driver waited and opened the door of his car which he closed "Can you give me the keys please?" Khun asked with a faint smile.

"Are you sure sir?" his driver asked in a worried tone

"Yes. And starting today, you can go back to Sofia, I will be driving on my own. Thank you for everything." Khun shook his hand and alighted the vehicle. With a friendly wave he left but really not sure where he will go.

-------------------#############

6 Months later

 

"Can I come in?" Sofia lightly knocked on my office door. I nodded and ushered her in while I arrange the orange blossoms that was just delivered this morning in a vase.

"I know I should have come sooner but...." Sofia was not able to finish her sentence as I gave her a blank stare. I really did not know how to feel upon seeing her. I wasn't angry but I also wasn't happy to see her. 

Taking a deep breath "Let's cut the chase Sofia. What can I do for you?" I asked with a straight tone.

"Believe it or not I just came to apologize. I know, you almost died because of my family. I really feel so guilty because if it weren't for me..." I had to cut her off.

"No Sofia, it wasn't your fault. I was the one who brought myself into this mess. And I would appreciate if we already try to move on from things that we cannot change anymore coz its all in the past." I then sat back on my chair waiting for Sofia to reply. But she just continued look at me while tears started to roll down her cheeks. I cannot bear this sight. I wanted not to feel anything. For the past few months I have totally shut everyone out. I just lived like a robot, using my brain but not my heart. This is the first time I saw someone connected to Khun after everything that has happened. How can all memories come back with just a few minutes of being with Sofia. She continued to weep silently and my heart began to get the better of me. I stood up and sat beside her, offering a tissue. She accepted and immediately enveloped me in her arms.

"I'm truly sorry for everything that has happened. I don't have anything more to say. I'm just...sorry." she whispered softly to my ears as tears also started to break free from my eyes. We hugged each other for a few minutes. I felt the need for me to finally let go of all the pain and embrace forgiveness so we can all move on, Sofia was a good friend, something that I also cannot disregard.

We started talking about what happened to their business. Khun's grandpa and also his uncle, who almost killed her.

On the night of the incident...

"There they are" Taec pointed at us while running towards our direction with the police following closely.

"What the hell are you doing? Don't just stand there, stop those two!" Robert commanded his men as they started running towards our direction as well. They halted seeing Taec with the police.

"Boss! The police are here its better if we retreat." one of his men holding a gun shouted while placing his gun back in his jacket which Robert immediately took from his hand taking him by surprise. "Boss what are you doing?" he blurted out.

"Give me that!" Robert barked back taking the gun from his hand as he removed it from his grip the gun went off. Which hit me from behind. 

My whole world went black. Khun caught me in his arms his eyes filled with horror and tears. He shouted my name but I did not respond.

I was taken to the hospital and had to go through surgery. It took a week before I was finally out of grave danger.

"Khun, you should go home, she's out of danger now. You should rest." Sara placed her arm around Khun's shoulders.

"Bro it wouldn't be good if she wakes up seeing you like this." Taec followed through.

"I can't leave her side. Not until she wakes up. I should be here when she wakes up." Khun replied eyeing on me lying motionless in bed.

His whole family even mine never failed to remind Khun that I will be fine and that he should also look after himself. He suffered greatly while I was asleep. And because he became caught up in my situation that he forgot to do his own duties for his family.

It was a month already when his grandfather's men came to fetch him at the hospital. Anne my good friend accidentally heard their conversation. 

"Khun this is not doing you any good. Your family will lose everything if you don't put your act together. We are worried that other people might try to hurt you or her again. Please give it a thought." one of the lawyers stated as they stood up to take their leave.

"Are you threatening me?" Khun asked not taking his eyes off the documents they left on the table.

"No we're not. We are not your enemies. If your grandfather does not care at all he would have let you die out there a long time ago. He just doesn't want anything bad to happen again." the lawyer replied.

"Ok ..." Khun replied in a defeated tone. "I will follow what everyone wants. In one condition, WE! And that includes me, will all leave her alone. Nobody comes near her or even try to hurt her. All of you just needs me right?" he looked at all of them coldly "Just leave her in peace, I beg all of you." Khun was not able to fight back his tears anymore.

"We will make sure that she will be safe no matter what. Just please carry on with what your family needs for you to do." Khun just nodded.

Present...

"Do you have any news on Khun?" I reluctantly asked Sofia.

She looked at me sadly and nodded "Yes, but he never came back to us. After making sure that he got all the shares intact for our company, he also left the family. He just did what he had to do and chose to live his life away from everybody, including you." Sofia got emotional again obviously, she miss Khun so much.

"I won't ask more, I think I should just respect his decision. Maybe this is really what's right for everybody." though in my heart I really wanted to know where he is. I wanted to be with him, to show him how much I love him. But I guess we were really never meant to be together in the first place.

"I don't understand why he had to leave, especially now that father already wants for him to handle everything and with that on hand, his free to do whatever he wants, I mean he has everything that can protect you. Both of you can even..." Sofia trailed off.

I gave her a weak smile "It's alright Sofia. Maybe he really just needed some time alone and honestly, It's possible that he might have been burdened by our relationship. It's better this way, he's gone through a lot already." 

"You don't seriously think that he already gave up on you?" Sofia was shocked hearing my reply.

"I don't know, but...how can he not see me all these months if he didn't?" a question that Sofia was about to answer but she received a text message interrupting her reply. Her face went pale upon reading the message.

"Is everything ok?" I asked her seeing that shock continued to be pasted on her face.

Sofia stuttered "I should go, something came up..something important." she began to walk towards the door in a hurry and then stopped just as she was about to open the door eyeing the orange blossoms on the vase.

"Do you know the meaning of these flowers?" Sofia asked. 

For the past 6 months that I have been receiving these flowers I never thought of its meaning. "To be honest, I don't" I replied with a chuckle.

Sofia gave me a warm stare "It means Eternal Love" she then waved her goodbye leaving me inside my room wondering. I asked Anne my assistant about the flower delivery. Before we would always get different types of flowers but eversince I came back to work I only received Orange blossoms for my office decoration.

"I don't know what happened but that's all I get everyday from the delivery guy. And I thought you didn't mind coz you never asked. Should I tell them to change the flower type?" Anne explained while I never removed my eyes on the flowers.

"No it's okay. I just asked." I thanked her and she immediately left my room.

"Eternal Love...interesting" I murmured to myself as I start touching.the petals of the flowers.

------------------######

"Where are you?" Sofia asked her voice was shaking almost losing grip of her phone. She entered the coffee shop right across the street. 

"I'm right here." He replied waving his hand so she can see where he's seated.

She began walking towards his direction, her eyes now filled with tears as she finally saw his face. "Khun..." she mouthed his name.

Khun smiled as he stood up welcoming Sofia with a hug. 

"I was worried sick about you. But I'm glad you're back." Sofia sobbed in between words.

"I know that you know where I was. I'm glad that you kept your distance and let me do things on my own. Thank you" Khun replied letting go of Sofia as they took their seat.

"Knowing your whereabouts is different from actually seeing you." she poked his forehead. "Orange Blossoms, how romantic." she laughed.

"Well, I got all these flower lessons from you so don't laugh at me." Khun giggled.

"But why? I mean why don't you just come back to her?" Sofia asked obviously confused.

Khun just gave her a weak smile as he looked outside the window staring straight to the office building across the street.

 

(Apologies for being on Hiatus...I have been extremely busy. Will put an end on both of my work soon...Thanks to all the readers =] )