Great Escape

Unexpected

Back to where everything has started. But how can I enjoy Jeju now that I don't have Khun beside me. Now that I don't even know how he is. No matter how much I try to convince myself that he will be fine, that I should trust him still at the back of my head there's this nagging feeling that there's so much more to this than what Sofia has told me.

I never went to the busy areas of Jeju, filled with shops and restuarants but today I had to buy a lot of my personal needs since I had to leave my home hastily a few days ago. Passing by an appliance store, I was shocked to see Khun and Sara's face on one of the news segments. I went in to listen as to what the news was all about.

"2 of the biggest companies in Korea strengthens their business relationship, as Nichkhun and Sara  is scheduled to tie the knot this week. The event is going to be held in one of the private islands off the coast of Japan and Korea. Both families has agreed to make the ceremony solemn and only close friends and relatives are invited. We wish them both happiness and prosperity!" The segment ended leaving my mouth wide open. I cannot believe what I just saw. So many questions were running in my head. I ran out of the shop towards the beach, crying my heart out until I tripped and fell.

"Why? How can Khun do this to me? He told me to trust him. Why?" I asked myself as I drowned myself even more in my sadness and tears. I sat by the beach hugging both my knees for comfort. Our beautiful memories of spending time together started to flash back making my heart feel heavier. I was still deep in my thoughts when my phone suddenly rang. It was from an unknown number. I was too scared to answer but my mind was telling me that I had to.

"Hello" I answered keeping myself from sobbing.

"Thank God you answered my call. This is Taec. I'm Sara's boyfriend. I need to see you, we need to stop the wedding." Taec replied quickly as though he was being chased because he was talking so fast.

My mind is so messed up that I don't even want to believe the pserson I'm talking to. "How do I know that I can trust you? How did you even get my number?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"Sofia gave me your number. She helped me, it's just too long of a story to tell you everything over the phone. I can meet you anywhere you want just to prove to you that I mean you no harm. Do you want to meet up at a mall or park? Wherever you want. Please, we need to help them as soon as possible." Taec said in a desperate tone.

"Alright, l'll meet you, but I am in Jeju right now, I'll just take the next available flight so we can meet later. I'll just contact you as soon as I get my flight details." I told him reluctantly, but I felt that I had no choice. I just wanted to make sure that Khun will be safe and that no matter what happens at least I did my best to fight for our love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Great! You really are a good boy. At least you have value for your life." Robert (Khun's uncle) said in a sinister tone. Taec clutched his fists tightly surpressing the rage that was boiling inside him. It was no use to fight since he is outnumbered. Sofia just looked at him helplessly taking the phone from his hand.

"So you will meet her up tonight, send her the details of the place. Make sure that she won't get suspicious, meet her at the park and then you all know what to do from there. Just make sure that they are both locked up till the wedding is over. We need all the papers properly signed. I want to make sure that even if those two decides to get divorced, at least our shares are already intact." he continued to explain to his people giving them all the instructions making sure that everything will go as he planned.

"Once all this is over. I don't even give a damn what happens to all of you. I can easily get rid of Khun from the company so you can just go and ask Sara to divorce him and live happily ever after." Robert laughed boisterously as he went out of the room leaving Sofia alone with Taec.

"How can you be part of all these?" Taec asked bitterly.

Sofia's eyes were b with tears. She immediately wiped her eyes before the tears even started to well out. "Taec, I didn't know that everything will become out of hand. If I don't follow Robert he will definitely punish Khun more and as well as my other family members. I was left with no choice." Sofia explained.

"So now, do you actually think this is making things better for everyone?" Taec asked gritting his teeth trying to control his frustration.

"I know I made a mistake, I shouldn't have agreed to be part of all his plans. That's why we have to do something to put all of this into an end." Sofia replied looking straight into Taec's eyes.

"And what makes you think I will trust you?" Taec asked sarcastically.

Sofia stayed silent for a few seconds before replying "Because at this point, there's no one left for you to trust." She then dialed a number while looking intently at Taec.

 "Hi! Yes this is Sofia, I need to talk to Sara about something that she asked me to buy for tomorrow's dinner party. Thank you." she told the person on the other line. "Sara, I know you won't say a word to me but I have someone who wants to talk to you." she then handed the phone to Taec who looked absolutely surprised.

_______________________________________

"Don't you dare pull any stunt during the party. I won't have 2nd thoughts of getting rid of you even in front of our families." Robert said in a sinister tone while Khun just looked at out of the car window. His mind in shambles, thinking so hard on how to get out of this mess.

Arriving at the port, he can now clearly see the private ship that was prepared for tonights party. Everything looked luxurious and splendid but he didn't like anything that his eyes can see. All he wants is to see the woman that he truly loves.

He was led to one of the cabins and there he just sat and stared blankly at the wall. The door opened after a few minutes as Sofia entered the room. Hatred washed over him and Sofia can see the anger in his eyes.

"Khun I know you hate me,but please...." she then handed him a mobile phone and then ushered him to keep it. "Everything is there." she whispered to his ear.

"Khun, bear that in mind ok!" she suddenly started talking in a commanding tone. "Visitors will start to arrive in half an hour. Make sure you wear your best smile, understood?" she asked pretending to be giving him last minute instructions.

"Yes." Khun replied weakly as Sofia started for the door. Khun nodded and headed to the toilet. He then checked the messages in the inbox of the mobile.

They will meet at the park which is an hour away from the port. We will be long gone by the time they arrive. But....

 Khun suddenly heard a loud voice from outside the door. "Khun are you there!!!??" he heard Robert's furious voice. He quickly kept the mobile.

"Yes!" he yelled back.

"What the hell are you doing?!!" Robert asked 

"Can't I at least release my poop in peace??!! Or do you want someone to accompany while I'm at it?" Khun replied sarcastically.

"Make sure you come out of there soon. I cannot afford losing you as well!!! Dammit!!! All of you find that woman!!! I dunno how she got away but I am sure she isn't far yet!" Robert shouted out to his men as Khun heard footsteps going farther away from his room.

"She escaped, thank God." Khun whispered to himself. But based on what he read from the messages, this wasn't part of the plan. "How did Sara manage to escape?" Khun asked himself, still wondering what to do next with this sudden turn of events.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno if I should feel great arriving earlier at our meeting place. I know that what I'm doing is risky but I had to do something. How do I even know that the person I am meeting is really Taecyeon? I asked myself when a hand suddenly grabbed mine. I got terrified but before I was able to scream...

"It's me, calm down." Sara whispered trying to hid herself in her hoodie.

"Are you with Taec?" I asked as we continued to walk slowly towards a bench which was opposite our supposed to be meeting place.

"No I'm not. I escaped with the help of my Dad." Sara said in a low voice. "He realized what Robert was planning and thought that it would be best to put an end on everything. I just need to get Taec so we can fly out and leave immediately." she continued.

"But how about Khun? Is he gonna be safe knowing his uncle seem to have gone crazy out of greediness?" I asked in a very worried tone. Sara looked straight at me and I know she felt how scared I am since Khun is still held captive somewhere.

"At this point no one can really help us. We can't even call the police because of the situation that everything has been agreed upon by both families. My Dad is on his way to confront Khun's uncle breaking off the engagement. I only have 2 bodyguards with me and can be very possible that we will be up against many." Sara said in a helpless tone.

"I think we have no choice but to go with the flow. I don't have plans all I know is I just want Khun to be safe. If you want to go on your own after getting Taec then it's fine with me. Just tell me where to find him I'll just go there and do what I can." I tried sounding as brave as I could but my knees are really shaking.

Sara felt selfish for only thinking of their safety when Khun has never left her side eversince all these wedding plans have started. He always thought of her happiness but now she can only think of hers when Khun needed help the most. "I'm sorry for being selfish. Don't worry we will save Khun, I'll make sure that he's also safe before we leave, I owe him so much." she told me sincerely. Giving her a weak smile, my eyes caught sight of 3 men approaching the meet-up area. The guy leading the way had very manly features and with one look at Sara I knew that was Taec. She quickly gave me her plan and with all being set. I took a deep breath and slowly walked towards Taec who was seated on the bench while the 2 other men kept their distance. 

Taec seem to have noticed me, like he felt that I was the person he was waiting for so he stood up, with anxiety written all-over his face as I inched closer to him, I was a few steps away from him when I sent the message that read "RUN!" He looked at me and with one nod he knew that he was supposed to follow my lead so I started running towards the direction where Sara's car is waiting for us. Taec immediately caught up with me since his steps are actually double as mine. He took my hand for support as we looked back for the first time time eversince we started to run. 4 men were running after us but we made quite a big gap since we caught them by surprise.

The car doors flew open as we came near and I can hear Sara scream " HURRY LET'S GO!!" as we entered and closed the doors. We were gasping for air as 1 of Sara's guards gave us bottled water. "Thank you so much." I said in between breaths.

"Save that for later, we still need to save Khun and I am quite confident that we can, since he was left with only a few guards in the boat. Dad also reported to the police after discussing what Robert has done not only to us but as well as to his family. They will come to their meeting place giving us enough time to get Khun out of there." Sara stated as she gave me a squeeze on my hand.

I smiled at her and Taec as I finally broke the silence. "Oh by the way Taec, It's nice to meet you. I hope you enjoyed our first meeting." I chuckled and they both laughed.

"Hmmm Khun was right, you really are adorable. No wonder he's head over heels in love with you." Sara chimed in.

"Nice to meet you too. I like women with a very good sense-of-humor to be quite honest." Taec answered with a cute smile, with Sara giving him an elbow on his side. "Ouch! what was that for?" Taec retorted.

"She's Khun's, You're mine OK?!" Sara said her eyes narrowing playfully on Taec and we all laughed trying to ease the tension coz we know that we still have danger to face. Silence then again fell as the beautiful luxury boat came into view. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Make sure he's locked up. Boss said that the others also got away. We're dead if even this one gets to escape." Khun heard one of the guards from outside the door before walking away. He has to do something, he can't let them just have him captive and make everyone else worry about him.

"Hey, is someone there? Help me please," Khun knocked at the door from the inside pretending to be in pain. The door was being unlocked, Khun prepared to attack, he knew that if he doesn't find a way to escape now, then it will be impossible to do so once everyone is already back from chasing Sara.

The door opened, Khun immediately grabbed the guard's arm that he used to turn the knob, pulled him and locked his arm on his back therefore pinning the guard towards the wall. The guard was fighting against his grip. Before he can step on Khun's foot, an elbow landed at the back of his neck sending the guard crashing towards the floor.

"Awww, that hurts" Khun complained while rubbing his elbow. He took the phone from the guard's pocket and immediately dialed her number.

My phone suddenly rang, my heart almost leapt out of my throat. I was so scared to answer the phonecall seeing that it was from an unknown number but for some phone I feel that urge to answer so I did.

"Hello?" I asked in a nervous tone.

"Thank God! Are you alright?!" Khun replied in a relieved yet breathless voice obviously he's running.

"Yes Khun I'm fine. How about you?" I asked while I alight from the car and I ran towards the dock where the cruise ship is now starting to fil up with guests who are about to go onboard for the private party.

"I'm okay and I'm trying to find a way to get out of here. But where are you? You seem to be running too?" Khun asked curiously.

"We're also here, I actually left Sara and Taec at the car, they were still waiting for her father's men. But I can't help it. I can't just sit there and wait so I ran." I explained to him while trying to check if there is any way for me to come near the ship.

"What!? Go back! I'll just find you tell me where the car is parked, I'll just jump off the ship and go there. Please go back, it's too dangerous." Khun pleaded as he started to prepare himself to jump off the ship. I was walking towards the far end of the ship now seeing Khun's silhouette climbing the railing. 

"Ok I can see you now, I'm here look towards your left. I'll wait for you." I told him waving my hands up high so he could see. From afar I can see the smile on his face as he placed the phone on the floor. He was about to jump off when a man came swiftly from behind. Khun went off the railing landing a punch on the man's jaw who immediately drew his gun trying to aim on Khun who grabbed hold of the man's wrist.They were both struggling to gain control of the gun at the edge of the railing, next thing I heard is a gun shot and both men started to fall of the railing.

"KHUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!" I screamed, my mind was totally messed up as tears welled from my eyes. I went running towards the edge of the dock but I cannot see any sign of both men in the water. I was sobbing so loudly that I cannot even utter a single word.

Sirens can be heared loudly from afar. I stood there frozen staring in space. I knew that I had to ask for help, but part of me wanted to jump into the water and look for Khun myself. I was so close to the edge with my eyes shut ready to plunge into the water, when a hand pulled me to safety. His hands were wet and I can hear the heavy breathing. I felt a wave of relief shower over me as I started opening my eyes and said "Khun...." 

 His ominous grin greeted me as he spatted "Aren't you too late to save your boyfriend?" Robert tightens his grip on my wrist as he moved closer to my face his clothes dripping wet.

"This is all your fault. I never intended to kill Khun but look at what you've done!!!!" he screamed at me, as I trembled in fear. "You shouldn't have fallen for Khun you killed him! Do you hear me!? You are the reason why he's dead!" he poked my forehead with his finger. 

He was right. If I just did what I was only told to do. If I remained professional this wouldn't have happened. My heart was like broken into millions of pieces as memories of Khun started rushing into my head. He pulled me with him walking towards a car that was parked near the dock. It was like I became brain-dead. I felt like I had no purpose to live anymore so I just let him do whatever he wanted to do with me.

"Damn it where is he?!" Robert muttered upon seeing the driver's seat empty. And the car keys was nowhere in sight. He let go of my hand while he tried to check through the glove compartment. I snapped out of my trance so I took the chance to run. I ran as fast as I could towards the nearby container vessels hoping to find a good place to hide. At first I can hear him screaming behind me and also heard his footsteps but I didn't bother to look back. But after what seem like an eternity of running I cannot hear him anymore so I halted, trying to catch my breath while keeping myself hidden in the dark. I was holding on to my knees as I panted, when a pair of shoes stopped in front of me, I slowly stood straight only to be greeted with the most beautiful twinkling eyes that I've ever seen. I didn't know if this was real but it was him. It's Khun..

He held my shoulders and asked softly "Are you alright?" his eyes now full of worry. I threw my arms around him as tears welled from my eyes.

"Oh my God, Khun...Thank God..." my words came out as incoherent.

"Ssshhhh I'm fine. I tried to keep up with your running but I was also to tired from swimming. And I also didn't want uncle to see me. So I just followed you quietly." He said in a low voice as he continued to hug me tightly.

"You don't know how happy I am that you're alive. I'm so sor..." I was saying but he placed his hand on my mouth.

"None of this is your fault so never apologize." Khun said firmly wiping the tears from my eyes. Footseps started to be audible again. "Just stay behind me" he said as we inched away from where the footsteps where coming. There were many of them. It seem like his uncle found his men.

"If you find that woman can somebody please break her legs so she won't be able to run away again. EVER!" He was fuming mad while we tried to remain quietly hidden in the shadows. We slowly walked away from them until we reached the entrance of the shipyard now we can already see the police and some people who seem to be looking for us.

"We should run as fast as we can so they can see us and hope for a miracle." Khun whispered as he tried to gauge the distance from where we're at from the people who can help us. The moment we start running we are very sure that his uncle's men will definitely see us as well. So it's either we get caught or saved at this point.

"I will do my best. Let's do this." I replied, now getting ready to literally run for my life. 

"1,2,3" Khun counted holding my hand firmly as we started to run towards safety. We can hear his uncle's men shouting behind us but at the same time we can see Taec and the police running towards our direction. Then as if everything stopped as a gun shot sound filled the air. We stopped running, I looked around and can see people running, screaming but I can't make out any word that they are saying. I was gasping for air as if I was getting choked. Khun took me in his arms, his eyes filled with worry. I am sure he was calling my name but I can't hear him at all. Everything around me started spinning until there was complete darkness.