It's a deal

Unexpected

It's been ages since I saw my friend Sofia. It was odd that of all places we are meeting in Korea where I signed up for some commitments. As a reputative image consultant and stylist, I have been all-over the world. This year I wanted to relax a bit so I came to Asia and yeah that's where it all started.

"Oh My God! It's been a long time." Sofia almost screamed in excitement upon seeing me as we both hugged each other.

"I know, and I am so glad to finally see you again." I replied sincerely. She was one of my dearest friends in college. Unfortunately since their family is very traditional, a year after graduation she got married  which was like a normal thing for rich Asian families who wants to protect their reputation and business. But for a married woman with one kid she looks very beautiful and stylish with her long black hair tied in a neat bun with light make-up that was accented by her pink blush and lipstick and of course the all-branded wardrobe that she has on.

After an hour of catching up and reminiscing about our wonderful experiences in the past, Sofia finally decided that it was time to also tell me her main reason why she wanted to see me so badly.

"I am sorry that our date is now about to turn into a business meeting as well." She paused taking a sip from her coffee. "I badly need your help. Not me perse but my cousin. See, we moved to Korea because he is set to be engaged with a Korean heiress who is studying right now in Europe so this girl as far as our research has told us is really into men who are handsome, manly, outgoing, romantic and with a great sense of fashion. Problem is my cousin is very handsome, and manly but lacking in all other things. So the best thing to do was to seek professional help and your name immediately popped into my head." She explained as I listened carefully.

" I am flattered that I am the first person you considered for this job, but seriously I am not here to work my off. I mean I do have commitments but not as hectic as what I used to do back in Paris or New York. I really need some time off Sofia. But, don't worry, I'll try to reconsider, if your cousin is not a hopeless case then I may consider this offer." I replied as both of us started to laugh.

"I was actually expecting for you to say that, so I asked him to come over and meet us. He's on his way now." Sofia said with a dazzling smile.

"Oh you sure came prepared and assumed that I will never turn down your offer. Very tempting dear considering the amount of money you're willing to pay me. But with all these at hand, It scares me to see your cousin." I replied jokingly. "How old is he again?" I asked.

"He's about to turn 26. He's not too bad, its just that he seem too shy, quiet. He has this 3- motnh syndrome when he's in a relationship." Sofia continued to describe her cousin.

"3-month syndrome? You mean his relationships only lasted for 3-months?!" I asked her incredilously.

"Yeah, and its all because her girlfriends got bored with him. Like he was too nice and naive. I just love him so much. He's a beautiful person. I became his second mom eversince his mother passed away. I promised my aunt that I will take good care of him." Sofia answered as the thoughts of her aunt made her feel sad.

"I'm sorry to have asked so many questions, but seriously, how does he feel about this arranged marriage?" I continued to ask taking note of the tiniest important information about this guy.

"Well I don't think he's happy about it, but this is the only way for us to protect his reputation as well. At his age, he should already have a steady girlfriend. We are really worried about him." Sofia said earnestly.

"Like are you thinking he's gay?!" I asked mischievously.

"Of course not!" Sofia laughed when a male voice suddenly called her name out. The guy was handsome even with those weird looking sunglasses covering his eyes. But the hairstyle as well as his outfit was torturing my eyes.

"I am so sorry that I made you wait for so long. Hello madam, I'm Nichkhun." he then offered his hand with a smile as he removed his glasses with his free hand revealing a beautiful set of twinkling eyes.

"Oh Hi! Its nice to meet you. I know I'm as old as your cousin but I do hope you just call me in a first name basis, I'm totally cool with that." I shook his hand then ushered him to sit down with us. I actually felt so awkward because he was staring at me as if I'm an alien. This boy seemed to be really weird.

"Look Sofia, Nichkhun, I am very straight-forward and brutally frank when it comes to my job so I hope you take everything constructively." I paused and took a deep breath.

"You are right Sofia, your cousin is very handsome, however I really don't understand why you dress-up like a grandpa when you are just 26 years old. Your hair ." I then leaned forward to touch it. " It looks terrible I'm sorry, why'd you even thought of growing it that long and then leaving it all dry and fuzzy." I continued as I examined him from head to foot. This is gonna be an easy job considering the amount of money that I'll be earning. "Do we have a timeframe Sofia?" I asked.

"Yeah, around 2-3 months before she comes back to Korea for the engagement. So does this mean you'll take the job?" she asked in a very expectant tone.

"I told you it depends, however upon seeing Nichkhun, its not a tough job after all, I guess." I replied and looked at him again.

"But I told you that its not just the physical part right?" Sofia was giving you an eye-signal as they both eyed on Khun who was just staring in space.

"Got it, don't worry I'll do my best dear." I told Sofia and then I flicked my fingers near his face to bring him back to reality.

"Are you always this spaced-out? Because seriously you need to tell me as early as now so I can get an assistant just to bring you back to your senses every so often." I asked in an almost annoyed tone.

"I apologize, I am just not used to these kind of talks." he bowed his head in apology.

"Well you better get used to it now since you will be spending a few months with me. So be ready, tomorrow we'll go to a salon to fix your hair and wear comfortable shoes because we will be doing a lot of walking and bring some exercise outfit." I instructed him while he stared at me blankly. I just sighed already feeling that it's not his image that needs a lot of work but more of his personality.

"I will come early, I promise." he raised his right hand as if on oath which made me laugh.

"You're cute! I'll just see you tomorrow, 8 am at my office." I told him while handing him my card ,I saw his ears turned red upon hearing me say that he's cute. "It was so nice to see you again Sofia, let's do some real catching-up next time." We were all saying our goodbyes and was abbout to leave the coffee shop when I suddenly remembered. "And please get rid of those sunglasses, I beg you not to use it EVER again!" putting much emphasis on the word ever. 

Khun then placed the sunglasses immediately in his bag as he watched me leave. " She's scary." he told his cousin, now wondering how he will survive being with me.

 

"This is a plot that has been haunting me for days so I really had to put it into writing. Feel free to comment =] "