Back to Square One

Unexpected

"I will be in deep trouble if she finds out that I have been helping you." Anne was whispering nervously on the phone.

"You think she really got very suspicious because of the flowers?" Khun asked smiling at the thought that I might be really curious now about the flowers.

"I DON'T KNOW! Can you just hurry up with whatever you're doing all the suspense is killing me." she heard my door open so she had to hang up before Khun can even reply.

"Who was that? You look nervous?" I asked her in a concerned tone.

"It's just my cousin, he was bugging me about something. I'm fine don't worry." Anne tried to give a smile but failed terribly.

 "You're so sensitive today Anne, take the day off. Anyway we don't have much to do today." I gave her arm a squeeze. I know everyone in my team has been swamped with work because of my absence.

I decided to take a walk. After that long talk with Sofia, I felt like loads of weight was taken off my chest. I admit that I am still affected by Khun's absence, but knowing he's safe is already enough for me. I really do not want to force him to be with me if he's better off on his own.

It was a beautiful day, time really flew so fast, our Spring Collection project has just came to a successful end a month ago. It's June now, and I had a new offer to work in Paris for a Winter project. I think it's really time for me to move on and being busy will be my first step. But there"s something about June that I can't seem to point my finger on. 

Shaking the nagging thoughts off my brain, I took my phone and started dialing the company in Paris. After a few minutes of discussion. "Sorry to have kept you waiting, I'll be there in a week's time, I'll just settle everything here. Thank you!"

Heaving a deep sigh, "I guess that's it Khun. It's really goodbye now." I continued walking, with sadness then again filling my heart.

 ########################

"You're serious about this right? I mean this is not one of those days that you're having bipolar symptoms?" Anne asked as if what she just heard was a joke.

"Yes I'm serious, so we basically need to prepare. I'm not giving up the office but we do need to make sure that everything is in place before we leave." Anne just sighed while listening to my plans.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then." Anne simply replied 

"Anne, I hope you understand, I also need to do this, for myself. For me to move on. Aren't you happy that I am finally picking up the pieces?" Anne gave a stern look towards the person sitting in front of her.

"Like today, a ridiculous thought just hit me. For a short moment I hoped that it was Khun who was sending me those flowers.I think I've gone mad." I laughed on the other line

"Ohhh, so you thought Khun was sending you those Orange Blossoms? Why is that?" Anne asked in a curious tone with her left eyebrow arching up.

"Ummm, coz Sofia told me that the flowers meant Eternal Love, hahahhaa, please don't laught so hard I feel so embarrassed for even thinking that way. So please don't feel bad leaving for Paris. Please.." I pleaded.

Anne faked her laughter "Wow Eternal Love, how cheesy, I shouldn't have asked. Anyway, I'm fine, don't worry. I'll see you tomorrow. Rest well." with that she hung up.

Anne slapped Khun's shoulder as soon as she got off the phone.

"Ouch what's that for?!" Khun asked with an exaggerated hurt expression on his face.

"She will, I mean we will leave for Paris in a week! She accepted the job there!" Anne almost screamed on his face.

"Oh!" was all Khun gave as a reply.

"OH! That's all you can say OH! The hell Khun both of you have been suffering for months already and you still won't do a thing?" Anna's face is already red out of anger. She had to take a deep breath before looking at Khun's face again.

Khun just continued staring at the drink he has in front of him. He knew that if he let her leave that's the beginning of their end. He needs to do something now. He was so deep in thought that he wasn't hearing Anne anymore. 

"YAH! NICHKHUN!" Anne shouted other people in the cafe was already looking their way. "This is no time for you to go back to your spacing out attitude. Tell me your plan, I am willing to help you one last time, just make sure you will never leave her again." Khun's face lightened up upon hearing what she said.

"Thank you Anne!" Khun gave her a bear hug which she wriggled herself off.

"Khun don't be such a baby " Anna chuckled and they started to talk about what's to unfold in the next few days.

 #################

Days passed like a breeze, I'm leaving for Paris the day after tomorrow. Packing some of my stuff that I need to bring. It's sad that today Mimi (my car) already left for Paris and I'll be left with no choice but to take a cab or have one of my staff bring me home. 

The vase caught my eyes and I realized that these past 2 days, I was not able to receive the Orange Blossoms anymore. I went out of my office to find Anna.

" Anne, I'm just wondering, how come we don't have flower deliveries anymore?" I curiously asked.

Anne tried so hard to keep her composure "I was told that the delivery person has quit, possible that they are short-handed till now. I didn't follow-up anymore since I don't think you would mind coz we're leaving soon. Do you?" Anne asked playfully.

"Do I what?" I asked innocently.

"Do you mind not receiving those ETERNAL LOVE flowers anymore?" Anne placed emphasis on the words obviously making fun of me.

"Of course NOT! I just asked. Am I not allowed to?" I replied defensively as I immediately retreated back to my room greeted by my ringing phone.

"Hello?!" I was not familiar with the number of the person calling

"Hiiiii'!!!! How are you my dear?" the person on the other line answered loudly with excitement I almost dropped my phone.

"Oh My God...Sara?" I asked unsure if it was really her.

"Yes its me. Finally I got in touch with you. Really wanting to meet you soon. We are back in Korea to prepare for our wedding." Sara replied happily. She talked non-stop about how Taec was able to gain her father's approval and now they will be settling down.

"I am so happy for both of you. I never lost faith that both of you will end up together." I replied with full sincerity.

"You and Khun should be present I will not take NO for answer" Sara continued while I just kept silent on the other line.

"I will definitely come" I simply replied ignoring the mention of Khun's name.

Sara seem to have been taken aback by her own words and excitement that it took her a few seconds to react. "OH, I almost forgot." Sara gave a nervous laugh "Taec needs your help. He wants to talk to you." Sara was then replaced by Taec on the other line.

"Hi, sorry if we had to call you also because of this huge favor" Taec sounded reluctant in what he was about to say.

"And what kind of favor is this for both of you to be sounding nervous?" I asked while seating myself on a chair that faced the window.

"Do I sound nervous? Haha! I'm just a bit shy to be asking you this but please hear me out first ok?" Taec asked me with a pleading tone.

"This must be interesting. Go ahead." I replied while making myself comfortable on my chair as I look at the clear blue skies outside the window.

"See, my brother is gonna be proposing to her girlfriend. But he is just too scared and feels that he has so much lacking in his personality and appearance which is why I recommended him to come to you." Taec stated the whole story so fast not giving me any opportunity to react.

"You're kidding right? Coz if you are, you definitely had me" I replied after laughing loudly as my brain tried to digest what Taec just said.

"No I'm not. I'm serious" Taec's deep voice seem to have echoed in every corner of my brain making me realize that his favor was for real.

I took a deep breath and thought of the best answer to Taec's request "Look Taec, I appreciate that you have faith in me, but whatever I did for Khun in the past, I don't think I can ever do it again for another person. And besides I'm leaving in 2 days, I really cannot do this I'm sorry." 

"But all he needs is one consultation that's it. Please I'm begging you he really needs help." Taec continued to plead.

"I can't believe this, you having a brother who's not as fine as you?! It's really really unbelievable!" my tone is full of ridiculity

"Please..." his voice was just so gentle that I can't seem to handle the begging anymore.

"FINE! When is your brother coming to see me?" I replied in defeat finally giving in.

"GRRRREEAAAAT! He should be there by now." Taec's voice suddenly became so lively.

"WHAT?! You are really unbelievable Ok Taecyeon..." My response was cut short by the soft knock on my door. I turned around and saw Orange Blossoms covering the face of the man that stepped into my office. 

"Oh, I guess he has already arrived. Promise to be good to him." Taec said in a playful voice.

" I hate you Taec." was all I can reply upon seeing the face of the guy, and there he was, in another geeky outfit with those pair of sunglasses that I asked him to get rid of almost a year ago. I was frozen in wear I was standing. Tears started to roll down my cheeks. Then I started to sob like a 5-year old kid.

Khun got surprised to see me crying so hard making him run across the room and took me in his arms.

"Ssshhhh, I'm sorry it took me so long, please forgive me." he whispered softly to my ear while embracing me tightly.

I pulled away and started pounding on his chest. "Why did you make wait this long? Why come now? Why?!" I was acting childishly that Khun didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

He brought me to the couch and started removing the strands of hair on my face and began wiping my tears. The twinkle in his eyes and the beautiful smile just remained on his face says it all. He's happy to see me. All this time I thought he never wanted to be with me anymore.

"Did you really think I already gave up on you?" he asked cupping my face so it'll just be only inches away from his. I just nodded in response.

"I just had to make sure that when I come back to you, I'm already the man who can love and protect you with everything I've got." Khun continued as he traced his thumbs along my cheeks and jaw.

"But you already did. You did love and protect me back then." I replied without taking my eyes off from his.

"It wasn't enough. I almost lost you because everything I did and had back then was not enough. I was not good enough for everything not just for my family but also you." he responded, with the sadness from the past starting to fill his eyes. He immediately shook the bad memories off his head, and his eyes changed with full determination and hope.

Holding my hands and planting soft kisses on them. "This time I'll make sure that no one and nothing will ever tear us apart again." he said locking me back in his gaze.

"I believe you. Thank you for coming back." I replied, happy tears started to fall from my eyes.

"No, thank you for holding on, thank you for accepting me again. I love you more than anything in this world." Khun slowly leaned foward to give my lips a short but passionate kiss that I have longed for. 

Our lips parted and we just continued looking at each other when I remembered something.

"Khun, I still need to go to Paris." I told him quickly avoiding his eyes.

He gave my hand a squeeze and replied "Then go." I was surprised and looked at his face with the same happy smile still pasted on it.

"You mean you will wait for me?" I asked.

"Can't I come with you?" he asked back playfully. "Just like the old times, I tag along while you're working." he wriggled his eyebrows while I started laughing. 

"No, you can't come. I won't be able to concentrate and finish my job immediately if you're around. I will just come back and forth for the next 3 months. Anyway I am not closing my business here too so I think everything will be fine that way. Besides, you have so much to do with your company am I right?" I explained his face already in a very cute pout that I just want to shower him with kisses.

He gave me a wide grin and nodded "Yep, I do have something that I need to work on. Something new in the family business so I guess we'll be both busy. Who knows, maybe I'll come see you in Paris when I start missing you much."

He was just too adorable for me to handle that I started to kiss him hungrily. He was also lost in the moment, like nothing else matters. Just him and me in each others' arms. Our breathing is getting heavier his hands started to explore my back while mine was very much satisfied resting on his big chest. 

"Hmmmm I love this. You seem to be working out a lot big guy." I smiled lustfully while touching his chest with my hands travelling down his perfectly chiseled abs.

"Told you I came prepared." He smiled seductively making my knees grow weak.

We continued kissing and our moans were getting a bit louder. "Hmmm babe..." I was trying to speak but his lips just won't allow me. " I was smiling while kissing and continued to try stopping him. He felt that I was halting and opened his eyes while his lips are still glued with mine with a questioning look.

"What is it?" he asked while pulling away a bit.

"Let's go some other place more private." I replied mischievously.

He mouthed the word ok with a wink. Then we began straightening ourselves up.

"Before I forget." I started feeling his jacket and found my target.

"This! Belongs here!" Taking his awful looking glasses from him and throwing them to the trash can.

Still laughing hard we took our leave from the office with everyone outside the room giggling upon seeing our hands entwined. We were both excited to what the future holds for us, hoping that this is already the beginning of our life long journey of love together.