02

Sugar, Spice, and Everything's MINE

Run Devil Run

"Last night's game was epic!!! I mean, my team won without so much effort!" Yoon Doojoon exclaimed at his friends who are just staring at him. "They were so great! The teamwork and their kicks! I don't think they will ever lose!"

Dongwoo and Kikwang rolled their eyes in unison. Doojoon is making a speech about soccer, AGAIN. Doojoon who only watches soccer. Doojoon who only talks about soccer. Doojoon who only loves soccer. Doojoon who, if possible, will marry soccer and maybe make some soccer babies. Soccer. Soccer. Soccer. Only Soccer.

"IYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

A very loud scream rang in the cafeteria as Doojoon accidentally hit a cute black haired boy who WAS happily carrying his tray of food, the bottle of milk spilled all over his white shirt and his plate of spaghetti is all over his face. His friend, who was beside him, tried to take away as much food as possible from the boy without getting him dirty as well.

"Ya!!!" The boy screamed once again, his eyes bearing the deadliest glare at Doojoon. "Look at what you did!!"

Doojoon looked horrified as he bowed his head several times and apologized as sincere as he could, only to earn another death glare from the boy with spaghetti hair extensions and a heavy sigh from the boy’s friend. Dongwoo and Kikwang felt the urge of apologizing too so they started to stand up but was stopped by the boy dripping in milk, pasta and pure rage. He glared at them from the corner of his eyes.

"No need to stand," The boy started, raising his eyebrows like there's no tomorrow. "You'll only be getting on our way."

And just like that they walked away from the trio's seat, leaving Doojoon and his friends dumbfounded. The one who Doojoon accidentally hit walks as if he had no spaghetti dangling from his locks. As soon as the two boys were out of sight; Doojoon, Kikwang and Dongwoo started laughing like idiots, their guilt and embarrassment from moments ago were long forgotten.

"Boy, he sure look like he's going to eat us alive." Dongwoo said, embracing his stomach as he laughs more.

---0-0-0-0---

They feel like they've been running for ages but they couldn't stop. No, they don't want to stop for they are being chased by a mob of crazy and rabid fangirls and fanboys.

"What should we do?! We're running out of places to run for!! They're everywhere!!!" Sungyeol yelled on top of his lungs, running behind his two other friends.

"Funny you should say that, considering how ironic and obvious it sounds." Hyunseung commented, still being able to roll his eyes despite the situation they are in. "Sunggyu, Where to run next?"

Sunggyu didn't answer. Honestly, with all the running, he felt like his whole body's going to explode and he couldn't think anymore. But then, like a thunder strike, an idea (and Sunggyu, at this moment, thought that is a rather bright idea) crossed his mind.

"Sungyeol, go left. Hyunseung, go right. Let's meet at the cafeteria after five minutes" Sunggyu ordered his friends and without any more words, the three split ways.

---0-0-0-0---

Sunggyu dashed straight to the direction of the cafeteria. He doubled his speed and lucky enough, his pursuers couldn't catch up with his pace. He forced his legs more and kept running until he almost slammed with the cafeteria door. Once inside, Sunggyu took a minute to catch his breath before looking for somewhere to hide. He then spotted a table at the far back occupied by three boys. He could see that one of them is wearing a hoodie with a soccer ball in one hand; the other has shades peeking out of his blazer's pocket and the other playing with a cap. Sunggyu raised his eyebrow at the coincidence but it's perfect. BEYOND perfect actually.

He quickly approached the table and sat beside the trio. The boys were obviously taken aback by his presence but Sunggyu only smiled at them as if he’d known them for a long time already.

“Heya guys, how’s it hanging?” Sunggyu tried to be cheerful but the looks on their faces doesn’t help his situation, so he decided to go straight down to business.

“Listen. I need your help,” Sunggyu ducked his head a little so he could be closer to them. “My friends and I are being chased—”

“Oh my God, are you a criminal?” The boy with the soccer ball cut him off. Sunggyu inwardly slapped his forehead as he thought of how unlucky he has been these past few days.

“No. I’m a student here, duh. Anyways, I’m Kim Sunggyu and as I was saying, me and my friends are being chased. We’ve come across Yong Junhyung’s group so—”

“Oh my God, you ARE a criminal!” The boy with the shades cried, making Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. He could tell that the boy’s companions have the same reaction.

“Ah... whatever. Please listen because I need you help. My friends are coming in here and we need you to cover up for us. Promise you guys won’t get in trouble. Uhm, could I borrow your hoodie? And your shades? And your cap? Please?” Sunggyu looked at them with a pleading expression as he tried to push his luck on them. The three boys all looked at each other, then to Sunggyu, before nodding in unison and handling him their stuffs.

“And then?” The boy with the soccer ball asked Sunggyu.

Before Sunggyu could answer, his cell phone rang. He quickly picks it up. “Hyunseung? Yup. I'm in the cafeteria already. I’m on the left side, at the back.” He turned off his phone.

Seconds later, a boy with a bright orange hair together with an incredibly tall boy came over the table where Sunggyu is. They sat beside Sunggyu, panting like they’ve just run across town for God knows how many times.

“Here. Wear these” Sunggyu gave the shades to tall boy and the hoodie to the boy with bright orange hair. The two quickly do what they are told as Sunggyu wore the cap.

Just then, the cafeteria door burst open, revealing a mob of crazed students who seemed to be looking for something. Or some people. The three boys in disguise froze in an instant.

“No. they’re not here.” One of the students from the mob said and immediately, they disappeared.

---0-0-0-0---

Sungyeol, Sunggyu and Hyunseung let out a sigh of relief when the angry mob finally retreated from the cafeteria. Sungyeol wiped out the beads of sweat on his forehead.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell." Sungyeol said, resting his head on the table.

"Then I don't want to get to know about the universe. My God, it's hard enough finding your way around in here." Hyunseung randomly thought, making the other five boys with him confused.

"You're very confusing." Kikwang stated, blinking his eyes.

"It's because I'm an expert." Hyunseung informed.

"What does that have to do with being an expert?" Dongwoo asked, clearly more confused than he already was.

"An expert is a man who tells you a simple thing in a confusing way in such a fashion as to make you think the confusion is your own fault." Hyunseung explained.

"Wait... what??" Doojoon asked as he did not understand anything.

Sunggyu shook his head and said, "Just ignore him."

"Hyung, what do we do?" Sungyeol finally asked, running his hand over his hair. "It's impossible to hide or run away forever."

"Nothing is impossible." Sunggyu answered as he gave the younger boy a smile.

"Who says nothing is impossible. I've been doing nothing for years." Dongwoo proclaimed confidently while placing his hands on his hips.

"I don't think that is something to be proud of." Kikwang said, looking at Dongwoo in disbelief.

"Wait. Who are you again?" Doojoon asked, ignoring his two friends and focusing to the two newcomers at their table.

Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Hyunseung all looked at Doojoon, then at each other. Suddenly, Sunggyu gave out a hearty laugh.

"Sorry. My bad," Sunggyu started. "This tall guy here is Lee Sungyeol. He may look cool but he’s really childish and a pain the . And this is Jang Hyunseung. He is a diva inside and out. Don’t let me get started with his beauty regimens."

"Nice introduction, grandpa." Sungyeol snorted at Sunggyu but the latter only stuck his tongue out.

"Wait," all of them turned their attention to Hyunseung who was currently sniffing the hoodie. "Sunggyu, where did you get this hoodie? It doesn't smell like the owner is using conditioner. Eww..." Sunggyu bit his lower lip at what Hyunseung said.

"Ahm... that would be my hoodie. Hi, I'm Yoon Doojoon. Nice to meet you." Doojoon let out a big grin at Hyunseung. Out of humiliation, the boy with the bright orange hair sank back on his seat and quickly covered his face with his hands, making Doojoon let out a chuckle.

"And I am Lee Kikwang." Kikwang said and gave a salute to the three new people at their table.

"My name's Jang Dongwoo, I guess." Dongwoo said for he was busy trying to knock down an apple using the soda coming out of the straw as he blew it. Sunggyu, Hyunseung and Sungyeol only laughed at him.

"Thank you so much for helping us." Sunggyu said and bowed his head to other three boys.

"No prob. Happy to help." Kikwang told them, smiling widely until his eyes were merely crescent slits on his smooth face.

"Hold on," Doojoon started, earning the attention of the now bigger group. "Jang Hyunseung. The Jang Hyunseung?"

"You know me?"

"Yup! I had a crush on your sister!!!!"

---0-0-0-0---

"Hyunseung-ah! Noona needs some help!" Gina called from her room.

Hyunseung rolled his eyes before jumping out of his bed. "I am so tired from all the running at school. What do you need??" He lazily knocked on her door just as he reached her room and raised his eyebrow when Gina opened it, smiling at him brightly.

"Oh God! Come here!" She grabbed Hyunseung's wrist and pulled him in, banging the door close.

"What do you want, noona?"

"Dance with me!" Gina jumped in excitement and held out her two arms towards her little brother. Hyunseung started to walk away from her but Gina pulled his collar back.

"You're so random." Hyunseung complained.

"This is not random! Practice with me before the party." Gina smiled confidently, placing her right hand on Hyunseung's shoulder.

Hyunseung held her waist in defeat and danced with her in a slow rhythm. Hyunseung loves to dance but not these kinds of dances. Swing, Jazz, Rumba and everything else that comes along with it.

"I want to dance like this forever!" Gina exclaimed while smiling brightly, clearly enjoying every second that passed.

"Don't you ever want to improve, noona?" Hyunseung let out a slight smirk before releasing her.

"You're so mean." Gina pouted and crossed her hands against her chest. "But I know you love me."

"Think what you like to think." Hyunseung waved goodbye and returned to his room.

 

----XOXOX----

 

A/N: You'd better run~ run~ run~ run~ run. :DD  So here's Chapter Two. Please give this lots of love and comments too. :) Chapter Three is on its way. :D Happy Birthday to our Goddess Hyunseung and Pretty Sungjong !!!! and Congratulations to Infinite's First Win on MNet [Sept01]!!!! Start September with a smile!!!

 

Oh look, you could have this INFINITE ^^