07

Sugar, Spice, and Everything's MINE

On Rainy Days

 

Yoseob, Sungjong and Doojoon were playing poker on Dongwoo’s bed when Hoya came in.

“What are these creatures?” Hoya asked with a very serious face, earning an overly enthusiastic laugh from Dongwoo.

“What do you mean what? They are humans!” Dongwoo answered in between laughs.

“Are you sure?” Hoya grinned and winked at the boys frozen on Dongwoo’s bed.

“Hope that means you thought that we are inhumanly beautiful.” Sungjong said which made Yoseob make a confused expression.

“But we are boys!” Yoseob and Doojoon said in unison, earning a surprised glance from each other. Sungjong only laughed because of their sillinness.

Hoya sat on his bed, hovering over Dongwoo, ignoring the other boys discuss about random things. “What are you doing?”

Dongwoo looked at Hoya, and smiled before saying, “Ya! What happened to you?” Dongwoo laughed awkwardly, “I remember you bullying me, and now you’re…” Dongwoo begun locking his eyes at Hoya who is staring back at him. “Just playing…” Dongwoo started blushing, making Hoya confused. Dongwoo then pretended that he was so engrossed with the game to hide his glowing cheeks.

Hoya rummaged through his pocket and produced a cellphone with a purple silicon case. He stared at it for a moment before tapping the Dongwoo’s shoulder.

Dongwoo paused his game and turned to Hoya, waiting for him to talk. There was a long awkward silence in between so Dongwoo laughed as awkward as the atmosphere and said, “Wae? Wae? Wae?” He smiled at Hoya to encourage the younger boy to talk.

“Number…” Hoya gulped.

“What?” Dongwoo giggled.

“Your err-” Hoya paused then continued, “number…”

Dongwoo laughed, obviously amused and said, “Oh that…”

_____

At dinner

“Jang Dongwoo, stop texting and go eat.” Doojoon ordered at the boy infront of him. But he knew very well that his voice wasn't heard so just shrugged and continued eating.

On the other table was a pissed Junhyung, glaring at the oblivious Hoya infront of him.

“Ya!” Juhyung called, earning no response from his dongsaeng. “Ya! Lee Howon!”

Hoya looked up from his phone and raised a brow at Junhyung.

“Where are your manners? Eat before you text or don’t eat at all.”

“I won’t eat then.” Hoya pushed away the plate and continued texting. Junhyung only glared at his friend's behavior, but didn't say anything more.

_____

Sunrise came and the day turned out to be normal and fine when suddenly, dark looking clouds formed at the sky. It was unnoticeable at first until the sky grew darker and darker by the minute. Now, it was 10 in the morning but the sky was as dark as it was in the night. The ship's crew and the teachers were panicking, trying to figure out what to do and finding an island where they could atleast stay for the bad weather. The waves are getting bigger and wider as the minute pass. All the student were ordered to wear life jackets for safety.

Some students started to pray, some contacted their relatives, crying and thinking that their is no more hope for them.

After calling his mom, Sungyeol went out of his room with a telescope on hand and started searching for an island himself. After a few moments of fruitless effort, Sungyeol eventually found an island not too far from where their ship is but was on an opposite direction it was headed.

He then frantically told every crew member about the island he found. Soon when the news about the island reached everyone's ears, the people in the ship started to calm and worked on getting to the island. The ship struggled to turn around, where the island is.

Sungyeol, being the one who found the island became the unofficial lookout for the ship and stayed firmly in his position. He was so drenched from the heavy rain, but he didn't care. He just wants to get the ship out of danger.

Just then, a dark shadow suddenly hovered behind. Sungyeol turned around and saw Myungsoo holding up an umbrella for him. The boy then handed Sungyeol a rain coat. Sungyeol took the coat, albeit with much hesitance.

"Sorry for being late. You're already drenched. But I just don't want our hero to get sick." Myungsoo stated, as if he was answering Sungyeol's unspoken question. But Sungyeol just looked back to the direction of the island without saying anything, even a simple thank you.

Myungsoo only stood silently behind Sungyeol, holding up the umbrella like it was the most honorable duty in the world as of now. They stayed like that for the past minutes, neither one is willing to break the ice between them.

Finally, when it seemed like forever and it looks like they are starting to grow roots on their feet, Myungsoo leaned in closer to Sungyeol; in which the other boy flinched a little. Myungsoo immediately noticed this and frowned.

"Sungyeol--"

"Don't say it!" Sungyeol suddenly snapped, making Myungsoo back away.

"I don't want you mentioning about what happened... to us. I am trying so hard to forget about it!" Sungyeol said, glaring at Myungsoo.

At this times, Myungsoo knew very well that he shouldn't say anything and that he should feel bad about himself for being such an .... but he can't. Instead, he unconciously wore a smile that should have melt everyone who sees it, if he wasn't facing Sungyeol that is.

"So you can't forget about it?" Myungsoo asked, as if what he's asking is a totally different and innocent thing.

Sungyeol quickly jerked his head from Myungsoo's direction and was about to give the boy an upper cut when a hand touched his shoulders. Sungyeol shuddered at the sudden contact, but he collected himself and faced the owner of the hand calmly, only to get annoyed again because it was Myungsoo's swagger of a cousin Mr. TOP, who by the way looks freakily and perfectly stylish despite wearing the ship's generic heavy duty raincoat.

"What are you doing here?" Sungyeol asked the older man, who was looking back at him with an intense gaze.

"You should go to the ship's lobby. All of your classmates and teachers were already there."

"And who are you to tell me?"

"Uhmm, Sungyeol... hyung..." Myungsoo interrupt which made Sungyeol glare at him. "Seunghyun hyung is the owner of this ship. As well as the other ships our school is using for this cruise."

With that said, Sungyeol's eyes went wide and started looking at TOP with awe... only for a short while.

"How rich are you exactly?" Sungyeol asked in disbelief, eyes threatening to bulge out of its sockets. TOP only laughed.

"I don't know. Maybe you want me to show you?"

"Seriously? With this kind of weather you still have the urge to sway people?? YOUR ship was so close from being a toothpick engulfed in the sea!!" Sungyeol snapped at TOP who was only laughing at him.

"And thanks to you the ship is heading back to safety. And as the owner of this ship," TOP paused a bit. "I should be responsible for the safety of our hero. So please go inside the ship's lobby."

"You know what Mr. TOP, before you protect me, why not start fixing things within your property range. Because I'm starting to think that everything you have is dysfunctional. Starting with the way you treat people and your cousin!" And with that, Sungyeol was once again successful at walking out of Myungsoo and TOP. It was only after a few seconds that TOP managed to have a wry smile on his face.

"Really tough cookie you got there." TOP said as he laughed awkwardly at Myungsoo; who was then glaring at him.

"Well THANK YOU hyung." Myungsoo was about to turn around and leave his older cousin when TOP stopped him.

"Not so fast young man," TOP started as his eyes narrowed at Myungsoo. "What is this ' cousin' your princess is talking about?"

With that question laid infront of him, all Myungsoo could do is to close his eyes and pray that he could magically disappear.

 

----XOXOX----
 
 
A/N: yah!! I'm so sorry people I didn't post this chapter as planned... you know when lazyness above all other stuffs came at once.... yeah... I'm so sorry... please don't kick me... and please love this chapter even if Sungyeollie seemed to pop out a vein because of anger. I love you all!! Please subscribe and comment!!!